208 W 4th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pecheaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124944011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am; Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, French, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Jason Dodge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Full or personal catering menus.
A word from Peche
Fine Dining and cocktail loungeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Peche - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Peche reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (44)fit for foodies (40)romantic (27)special occasion (26)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (16)good for groups (14)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing Dine in Austin!!KingstonredDined on 10/18/2014Peche delivered on service, food and atmosphere!! If you just want a good meal or you are a foodie that wants to amaze your palate then Peche will truly deliver like it did for me!!! The staff was knowledgeable, courteous and friendly! I truly felt welcomed !!! I shall return to this amazing find in Austin!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Ambiance was amazing, dinner was outstanding, staff was delightful. Great cocktail list too. Definitely a must-experience for dining in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Great unique food. Drinks not as good as I expected, but great service and let me try several. Overall a great new find in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JWJeffDined on 10/3/2014Great drinks! Food was overall very good. Apps were just ok, entrees exceptional.Special Features:
- Good lookinDSCZVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was a delicious dish in an area where there are VERY many choices , so you can ABSOLUTELY choose PecheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th street funOutForFunDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time down to 4th street and really enjoyed the atmosphere of both the location as well as the restaurant itself. It is somewhat loud in the restaurant, but just enough to give it a nice energy and not too loud to carry a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and cocktailsSteveRDined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent and everything we ordered was great. What more can you say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Drunken YumPai66VIPDined on 9/20/2014The cocktails are above and beyond the best I've had in Austin. There are so many more than what are listed on the menu. Just tell the waiter what you like and he/she will suggest the perfect new experience to broaden your tastes!Special Features:
- always fabulousChasDudeDined on 9/19/2014Seems like everytime I come here it gets better and better. The food, the service, everything! Can't hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- One of the Best Austin RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Fabulous food...try the braised short ribs...and excellent absinthe cocktails. A great place to gather with friends and have an ideal meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible cocktail listpechluckVIPDined on 8/25/2014There are probably 50 cocktails that they offer here, including quite a list of absinthe cocktails so it is very unique in that way. The appetizers were wonderful, but we found our entrees (we had a burger and a croque mousier, both which come with frites) all very salty. On Sunday and Monday they have happy hour all day so you can get $5 cocktails if it has an asterisk by it, and on the regular menu the asterisk items are half off so quite a good deal. I would return here for drinks but stick with the small plates.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We especially enjoyed the manager who gave us a lesson on absynthe. He was very attentive. Wish I could remember his name!! It was a bit loud for our taste, but we enjoyed the evening anyway. I had the quail and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- Romance and energy!food4romanceDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing. The food is fantastic and the wine list/ stronger alcoholic beverage list was exceptional - best absinthe bar in Texas. Definitely a place to recommend and a place to come back to. It seems great for some fancy business meals, a fancy night with friends or perfect for a date!Special Features:
- FantasticyumyumDined on 8/17/2014The handcrafted cocktails are interesting, unique and delicious. Not to mention strong! The food is all handmade in-house and everything we ordered was wonderful. My party of 4 got a LOT of food, and all of us were impressed. I recommend the steak tartare, french onion soup, mac n cheese, bouillabase, and short ribs. The service was exceptional, and the owner even came over several times to chat and make sure we were happy. Can't recommend Peche enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014We had a blast a Peche, everyone was helpful, food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedaheideDined on 8/8/2014we were seated in a very small table in the middle of the room. The noise level was very loud. It was four of us celebrating my sons birthday and the bill was $270. I had the ribeye and it was huge but no flavor and tough. Not at all what I was expecting. The rest of the food was ok. My husband ordered a beer and they only have 1 beer!!!! Lone Star. We were forced to order a bottle of wine because Lone Star is the worse beer in the planet. I left very disappointed with the whole experience and still had to pay almost $300 for a mediocre dinner... Not going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and great drinks. Waitress Jess was informative about the food and rink menu. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous foodChasDudeDined on 8/8/2014I've been going here since they opened, but usually I just sit at the bar and have some appetizers if I feel peckish. This was a special occasion celebrating my daughter's birthday, and all my daughters and grand-daughters showed up. We each had something different, and sampled each other's plates and all of it was great. Good wine selection, great staff, fantastic chef (he made us something special that wasn't on the menu: incredibly delicious devilled eggs). The whole experience was fabulous!!!!Special Features:
- A Real Cocktail BarcocktailLOVERDined on 8/2/2014Peche is one of the few cocktail bars that make cocktails the way they are supposed to be made. I got the mac and cheese and it was rich but good to share with the table. The bar is reminiscent of a speakeasy and the bartenders are entertaining and lively. The cocktail list is quite long (definitely not a bad thing) which leaves it hard to make a decision, but I would recommend the Fig Manhattan and Pisco Sour. My only caveat for this amazing establishment is the prices. Real cocktails entail "New York" prices, so be prepared.Special Features:
- New Favorite Restaurant in AustinkendallDined on 8/2/2014Hands down the best overall dining experience we have had in Austin. We loved everything. The ambience. The owner. The waiter. The drinks. The food. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Love the designer drinks and great food. It is always a treatSpecial Features:
- Rustic French Cuisine, Absinthe BarAusinFoodieDined on 7/19/2014The owner of this hot spot continues to improve it over the years. The daily menu is spot-on in every way. The drinks are great, and the service excellent. He even makes his way by to ensure every customer is well tended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcubeDined on 7/19/2014Loved the drinks and different surprises. Food and service was great this is a good place for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A must visit in Austin!JLS7Dined on 7/17/2014An excellent French restaurant in Austin. Know for its exotic cocktail menu. The owner is a self described "angry old bartender" which makes him a perfect concoction developer! Really worth the visit if you have the opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks!austinFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Rob has done an amazing job creating very a unique drink menu. The Escargot and duck confit were great. The only think I can say that could be worked on is the wine list. I understand this is more of a bar/drink place, but I like a before and after meal drink... but wine with my meal.Special Features:
- AmazingCoachDirkDined on 7/9/2014We were there on a recommendation. We shared everything and glad we did! We started with an appetizer of the steak tartar, which was probably the best I have ever had. Next we had the watermelon and beet salad, this was this least of my favorites for the night but it was very good. Finally, we had the rabbit and a side of Mac and cheese. This dish was life changing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite date night spotATXFoodieDined on 7/4/2014A friend introduced us to Peche last month. We enjoyed our experience so much, that we returned for a date night. Here is what you need to know: 1. Cocktails - amazing. The menu is very unique. Ask for guidance if you are unsure - Rob (the owner) asked me three questions and then told me what to order. He nailed it. Every cocktail I've had has exceeded my expectations. 2. Food - everything from comfort mac-n-cheese to exquisite mussels in a habanero coconut broth. You will throw manners to the wind and eat that broth with a spoon. There is also a daily menu, and the chef does not disappoint. 3. Ambience - go early for a quiet, intimate experience. Go later for a crowd and lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful handcrafted cocktailsVMMATXDined on 6/28/2014This is the place you go if you want to have delicious, carefully handcrafted cocktails in Austin. The food is very good as well, so that's a bonus!Special Features:
- great cocktails and fantastic foodatx30somethingDined on 6/27/2014the owner of this place clearly loves and is very knowledgeable about cocktails. The roast chicken sounds plain but is amazing.I've eaten here four or five times and never had a bad experience. The tables are a bit cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks good. Food mehTx2NapaDined on 6/23/2014The drink menu and impressive selection of whiskey and absinthe make this a fine place to come for drinks. The food menu was mediocre. The selections were lackluster and not in line with what you would expect from a French bistro. The food tasted okay just not very impressive or memorable. I will return for drinks after I've gone to eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Peche reviews archive.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Simply put -- this was one of the best food experiences we've had.Special Features:
- RomanticNa5hvegasDined on 6/17/2014Wonderful ambiance with great food and a speakeasy bar...unique style and wonderful staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day visit to PechehearingaidgalDined on 6/15/2014Trying to try some new places so took the family and friends to Peche after a Zach Scott Theater afternoon. Drinks are as described, ecletic for probably most of us - if you are adventurous and your palate is varable, the drinks will delight. Absinthe abounds here! I had a lovely cocktail made from things I was familiar with but my adventurous husband didn't care for his cocktail made from Absinthe. The food was delicious. Smaller portions with homemade noodles on mine with a delicious braised chicken. Short ribs, homemade noodles etc. for the others. We shared a salad that had so many bitter, peppery greens that we did not enjoy it. The kids had broccolli cheese soup that was gone in a minute and well enjoyed.Special Features:
- A Little Bit FrenchFATTravelerDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant was close to the W Hotel, so it was convenient and turned out to be one of the best meals we had during our five day trip to Austin. Great wait staff and very good food. Wine prices are a bit high and the tables are a bit too close together, but overall a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGMPandAZVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent experience from the visit by the owner to the knowledgeable, friendly and helpful wait staff and the outstanding food, a can't miss place. Definitely will be back and can recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious & uniquermpdDined on 5/10/2014This place prides itself on having a pre-prohibition style...which means do not expect to drink your favorite drink...you'll have to find a new one...but the staff are great about helping you find something you'll like. The food was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cocktails, good foodFabulousGirlsDined on 5/10/2014This was a date night experience and didn't disappoint. I had the French 74 which was expertly mixed. My husband's first cocktail (Lucha) was a recommendation and it was so spicy he couldn't drink it - they happily replaced it. The mac&cheese appetizer was really good - it had smoked mushrooms which gave the dish a very smoky, rich flavor overall. I had one of the specials, red snapper and it was delicious. The side of mashed potatoes was amazing (you can't go wrong mixed with duck fat)! My husbands rib-eye was OK. We were given a small table in the "traffic zone" but they were quick to change our table. My only complaint is that I ordered a glass of wine with dinner and didn't receive it until I was more than halfway through the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall nice experienceGastroMastroDined on 5/10/2014The ambiance is charming; the experience quite pleasant. The owner who pretended to be incognito came to our table several times and made the event more enjoyable. He has strong opinions about food and drink and was able to turn me around with respect to vermouth; which I have always thought to be a simple waste of grapes. The restaurant is known for making dishes out of pork cheeks; we tried it and found the dish to be tasty but much too fatty to enjoy without simultaneously thinking about, it may be time to find a good cardiologist. The escargot was very nice and presented out of shell. We both had Red fish with Mediterranean cous-cous that was very nice; although, it took an inordinate amount of time to receive it. Pecan pie was yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Austin Dining ExperiencenucleartunaDined on 4/28/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we absolutely loved our experience! Our server was kind, knowledgeable, but not overbearing. The drinks are expertly mixed. The atmosphere was inviting with mid-level ambient lighting and a candle at each table. Our entree's were outrageously delicious as well! We will most definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDevoDined on 4/18/2014Our food was perfect. Our cocktails were good but a bit in the sweet side for our taste. Our waiter was excellent. He was excited about what he was serving and very knowledgeable. Plus, he was polite. I often find at trendy places like this that the waiters are rude. It was refreshing to be at a trendy foodie place with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.