250 Park Avenue West, Suite 104
Atlanta, GA 30313Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peasantatl.com/
- Phone: 4042301724
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday and Saturday 11:00 to 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Lenny Robinson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering team is available to help you design just the event you are looking for. We can cater events of 10 to 500.
- Private Party Facilities: available for groups of 5 to 500
- Private Party Contact: Pamela Furr 4042301724
A word from Peasant Bistro
Peasant Bistro, the newest of Atlanta's favorite Peasant Restaurants is conveniently located Downtown overlooking Centennial Olympic Park. We are within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium, Phillips arena, GWCC, CNN, Americas Mart and all the major downtown hotels. Our new Bistro menu consists classics as well as exciting new creations from the Chef. Our extensive wine list consists of remarkable wines in every price range. We have several options for private dining, including seated dinners for 20-150 and receptions for up to 500. There is a beautiful patio for dining or private events to 60 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peasant Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- The restaurant is much biggerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/8/2013The restaurant is much bigger than it appears and very pleasant! Also, very convenient to the downtown venues - aquarium, centenniel olympic park, dome, philips arena. The salmon entree was outstanding!Special Features:
- They were overwhelmed! FoodpixieDined on 4/8/2013They were overwhelmed! Food was good and waiter tried, I think he was new, but overall it seemed too much for everyone there. Maybe they didn't know they would have a crowd on a Monday night, but they should still be prepared. One person in our party said pork had no flavor?
- Excellent mussels. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2013Excellent mussels. The service was very good. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The Peasant Bistro is a "gem"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The Peasant Bistro is a "gem" on the Atlanta scene.....and we are glad that the Peasant group is back. (we have missed them!) Consistent excellent meals, and exceptional service.....Thank You!Special Features:
- I selected this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013I selected this restaurant because it was close to my hotel and had received a good review on other sites. The service and atmostphere were great, but my food was only good. I wouldn't want to pass judgement on just one appetizer and one entree, however.Special Features:
- Great food. Bored waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013It was lovely but our waiter seemed distracted or bored. Also none if the tables had salt or pepper which I find presumptive and arrogant.Special Features:
- My visit was not as good thisQueenBVIPDined on 3/2/2013My visit was not as good this the. The steak left a lot to be desired on the steak frites dish, about 5 little pieces of meat. The frites (fries) were excellent. French onion soup is good. I like the atmosphere here and it is a great downtown spot but always seems really empty (and we were there during a convention).
- A favorite for client lunches!MarilynnDined on 2/12/2013This is one of my favorite places to take clients for lunch. The food is consistently good, the service is great and it's quiet enough to hold a conversation without feeling like you're yelling at your table mate. Try the trout, which is delicious - flaky, fresh and just the right size portion. And for dessert, the creme brulee never disappoints. This is a must-try restaurant. You'll be back - as I have, many times!Special Features:
- I went here for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013I went here for a special business occasion during weekday lunch. The ambience was quiet and relaxed, but the food was mediocre and service was slow.
- I was there after 8:45pm andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2013I was there after 8:45pm and the restaurant was empty. The food was terrible; maybe the chef just wanted to go home. My trout almondine was literally swimming in butter. I could not finish it. Will not go back or recommend. It's a shame because I remember the original Peasant restaurants and how good they were.
- Best surprise of the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013What a wonderful surprise the Peasant Bistro was. So many wonderful things to say about them, one of them being how accommodating they were to us. We arrived in between lunch and dinner, had a show to get to and they opened up early for us. I had the Shrimp and grits and I will tell you it was the best I have ever eaten!! The staff could not have been nicer, professional, and pleasant. We will be going back and have already told all our ATL friends and family about them.
- The food was great althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The food was great although a few things were over or under cooked. The bread pudding was AMAZING. Service was excellent. Ambiance was lovely and it very quiet for a Saturday night. They have $5 valet which is very reasonable and convenient considering the location.Special Features:
- Beautiful 60th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Overall, the experience was "pleasant". The atmosphere was lovely for a small group of ladies to liesurely dine and fellowship with one another. The food was good, not great, but enjoyable non the less. We stayed several hours and the waiter could not have been nicer. He was very patient with us. I would go again for a quiet relaxing affair. Also, the price was very affordable and parking was validated. Both of those items are always nice to experience.Special Features:
- hidden gem near Centennial ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2013The food was fantastic! I recently returned from Paris and the steak frites at Peasant Bistro was better than any I enjoyed on my trip. The steak was so tender and the outer crust was flavorful and just right. A perfect steak! The fries were just right as well. Crispy on the outside, tender and flavorful on the inside. I can also highly recommend the pecan sticky bread pudding...a WOW dessert for sure! I had an 8pm reservation on a Friday night and the restaurant was dead. Only 5 tables were sat including us from when we arrived to 10pm when we left. I enjoyed the quiet setting very much but am concerned that people don't know this restaurant exists. I will do my part and spread the word! What a meal. Again, in a word...Fantastique!!!Special Features:
- Peasant Bistro always impressesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/13/2013Peasant Bistro always impresses us. We had yet another lovely dinner with delicious food and service was over the top from Michelle who just charmed us with her beauty and accent. The Caesar Salad was full leafed, not chopped like other restaurants. I am a beet salad lover, and Peasant’s was sublime. The beets were large whole slices shaved carpaccio thin, accented by a mound of arugula. One diner had lamb cassoulet and said the very generous chops were butter tender. I was especially impressed that I asked for 2 appetizers, crab cakes (a tad fishy) and fried green tomatoes (with a touch of blue cheese instead of the usual goat cheese) to be served as one entrée and Peasant obliged and did a wonderful presentation.Special Features:
- We had to wait 35 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013We had to wait 35 minutes even with a reservation and then the service was poor.Food was OK but the experince was spoiled by that time and the waiter didn't seem to really care. A disappointment after hearing many good reviews.
- DisappointingGratefulDined on 1/12/2013I was disappointed in the food and the atmosphere. Of course, partly because we were next to a very loud group. The fried green tomatoes were dry and not tasty. The chicken in my dish was a bit tough and wasn't as advertised on the menu. It basically was a piece of chicken served on a plate of mashed potatoes with gravy! The waiter was okay but not very friendly. His answers to questions were short and a bit blunt! I expected more from this "Peasant" restaurant.Special Features:
- This is my 3rd time there.BonnieVIPDined on 1/9/2013This is my 3rd time there. Each time the food has been excellent! Love the comfort of it as well, not too big, not too small - just perfect.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatRyanTDined on 12/31/2012My wife and I had a great experience on New Year's Eve prior to the chick fil a bowl. Service was outstanding and food was awesome. Easy to walk to from downtown hotels.Special Features:
- Most of our food was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Most of our food was not good. The Salmon had no taste, the cheese on the French Onion Soup was scorched. The Asian Beef was burnt and last but not least the Creme Brulhe was not cooked, it was soupy. The manager did not charge us for the meal.Special Features:
- Great service . ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Great service . Excellent bar choices . Wonderful "sidecar" .. Not found at your normal spots. Good food. Perfect evening for our 40th wedding anniversary !Special Features:
- Atlanta's best bistro!MarilynnDined on 12/20/2012The Peasant Bistro has become one of my absolute favorite restaurants in downtown Atlanta. The great food is exceeded only by the outstanding service. Try the trout almondine, which is light and tasty, with steamed green beans. A perfect combination. I love the upstairs dining area in particular. The booths are quiet and feel very private. It's easy to have a conversation without having to raise your voice. It's a great place to go for a special occasion or just to take someone you want to impress (like a client.Special Features:
- Ate at the bar and had excellentdrdwVIPDined on 12/1/2012Ate at the bar and had excellent service and experience.
- Solid, downtown dining experience.CAZ485Dined on 12/1/2012Solid, downtown dining experience. Generally quiet when we've been there. Brings back memories of the old Peasant restaurants from years ago.Special Features:
- We dined here the day of thegagalVIPDined on 12/1/2012We dined here the day of the SEC championship and it was a little hectic. The restaurant was very very busy but it seemed that they may have had staff that did not show up. Customers that did not have reservations were turned away. It took us 30 minutes to get a drink at the bar! We were seated promptly when the rest of our party arrived and everything was smooth sailing from there except entrees were sold out. I think maybe better planning on the part of the restaurant would have helped the situation. We have dined here before but not on any particular occasion and will probably dine here again.Special Features:
- Things are going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/1/2012This is the third time we have eaten here in the past year, and was out least favorable experience. The menu is limited, so when they don't have several items, it makes it even more difficult and unenjoyable. While the food was good, the staff was going in many directions and it took quite a while for our entrees to arrive. I'm in the camp with the other recent reviews, in that things just aren't what they use to be.
- In town for the SEC ChampionshipOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012In town for the SEC Championship Game and the resturant was in close proximity to the GA Dome. This is the second time I have eaten at this resturant and the food is so good. I would highly recommend it and yes I will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Peasant UnpleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/18/2012I was disappointed with the overall experience. Went for Sunday brunch. Accepted the fact that it would be a somewhat limited menu, but even some of the items on that limited menu were not available. Also, waiter had to keep coming out to explain that certain ingredients were not available either. If you're not ready to serve a meal, don't serve it. I will think hard about coming back.
- Slow, slow, slow....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2012Restaurant was exceptionally noisy. I'd been here for lunch and loved it, but this time dinner was a big disappointment. Service was very slow. We got our soup and were half way through it before our wine came and finished the soup before our bread arrived. The waiter only checked on us one time during dinner. My scallops for dinner were fine, but nothing special, and for $28 I only got 3 scallops with nothing else but sauce on the plate. Based on this experience, I would not return. Bad service, bad food timing, slow bar service.
- Not a great experienceDisappointedVIPDined on 11/16/2012Waited an incredibly long time for our entrees. Steak Frite was inedible even after being prepared a second time. The Trout Almondine was well prepared and tasty, albeit with few almonds. While we weren't charged for the second entree, I would have preferred to dine that evening!
- Love this place! Food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2012Love this place! Food and service always nothing less than exceptional!Special Features:
- First time visit, will beRickinTNDined on 11/10/2012First time visit, will be back when in Atlanta again. Very good service and staff. Very good food, price was well below what I was expecting. Had bar special that night ($5 wines) so we sat there for an hour before going upstairs to eat.Special Features:
- Nice place, good food and wine.BigGuyDined on 11/7/2012We had limited experience with their food. Both had Onion Soup.....to die for. Best ever anywhere. A great deal of onion purée in soup and Swiss cheese Cap. That and a salad would have been plenty. I got the rib and it was plain, but tender and good on a bed of noodles. Onion based broth covered all. So I, unknowingly was onioned for the evening. Not a bad thing. My wife (couldn't get another date....she won't let me) had the Steak and I tried a bite. It was quite good. Not a steakhouse portion, but very reasonable. Wine list very good. We had Zin of Zins due to vintner dinner. Turns out it was least costly on menu. Good with just about anything. Other really good options also. Nice bar downstairs.Special Features:
- Due to its proximity to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012Due to its proximity to the conventions area, this restaurant has two modes: noisy and inattentive or quiet and attentive. I like this restaurant in mode two, but find it unpleasant in mode one. I requested a quiet table. Then began a table shuffle that ended being seated next to the noisiest group in the room. They didn't leave until half-way thought our meal. So much for conversation. I ordered the short rib dinner (always good in the past). The noodles were limp; the beef overcooked. My guest had the steak. Average. Sorry Bistro, you've lost me as a customer.
- Lousy food, outdated onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2012Lousy food, outdated online menu, just a bad experience!!!!
- pleasantly surprisedusualeaterDined on 11/4/2012I was pleasantly surprised. The food was great and the ambiance was spotless.Special Features:
- It was one of the worst restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2012It was one of the worst restaurant in Atlanta for the food: the foie gras au torchon which was supposedly to be homemade was in fact a bad canned foie gras! The only thing which was above was the check for the dinner! Plus, we had to walk downstair since the waiter left us alone for more than 20 mn while the restaurant was empty for a Friday night. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!
- Place was lovely, we had atkf1VIPDined on 10/17/2012Place was lovely, we had a table over-looking the park. The quiche and salad were delicious. There is a limited menu for lunch.
- Jeff / PGH PAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012Ate there 2 nights on a recent trip, great food, service and atmosphere.
- More people need to go here....SeminoleDined on 10/6/2012A really good restaurant that never seems busy. The location seems to hurt this establishment. Maybe people don't realize where it is or see it but it is a quality place. The atmospehere is terrific but even on a weekend night at peak time the place was virtually dead...too bad. I hope they can survive.Special Features: