8909 West Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pearlsliquorbar.com/
- Phone: (310) 360-6800
- Hours of Operation:
5:00pm - 11:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Open until 2am Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Pearls
Pearl's Liquor Bar, located at 8909 W. Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, is a new addition to the famed Sunset Strip. With two roof top patios, each with their own bar, and unprecedented views, Pearl's offers a unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pearls - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Pearls reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (20)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)great for brunch (12)special occasion (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Oyster TuesdayjesstiferDined on 11/4/2014Went here specifically for the Tuesday $1 oyster night. Knocked back a couple dozen Bahia Falsas. I'm not generally a fan of Baja oysters, but these were good: nicely chilled and well-shucked. Wife and I shared some of the other small plates. Yellowfin Tuna/Salmon Carpaccio was a little bland, but the charred Brussels sprouts and the truffle mushroom flatbread were delish. Another nice surprise was that we were there at happy hour, and the $7 martinis were generous pours. I'm usually a Ketel One guy, but the house vodka was Svedka, which is acceptable. We'll be back.Special Features:
- pearls is the bestluv2dineoutDined on 11/2/2014Had a excellent time with my wife the service was great they really cater to their customers and the burgers were slamming real nice cozy spot the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh My God!! Yes I would again!1Caligirl1965Dined on 11/2/2014We throughly enjoyed our time at Pealr's on Sunday!! Our time was perfect, our seating upstairs was perfect, the servers were perfect, and that food, that food...was absolutely perfect too! There were 5 hungry people who left, 5 very satisfied people! Thank you guys again. AmySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot on Sunsetswim2kkVIPDined on 11/1/2014The modern saloon is a nice place to grab brunch with a fantastic view overlooking the LA basin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Surprise!MDS56VIPDined on 10/27/2014We went for an early King Crab night, and it was quiet night. I had concerns when arriving, but it changed when we went into Pearl's and headed upstairs. It was just as the sun was setting, and as we settled on the upstairs patio we easily were able to relax, enjoy the scene, and converse. Kelly, our server, was very attentive, and we had visits from both the manager and the owner, making sure everything was just perfect. Besides the Crab, we tried the Lamb Chops, which were great, but my girlfriend fell in love with the quiona, saying it was was best she ever had and was wanting the recipe. I tried the burger, we both had salads, and needless to say we had food to take home. The Salt caramel dessert was to die for...All in all a good time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014Great food great drinks great spot. But please turn down the musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot on West Sunset!scotch2rocksVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great rooftop outdoor seating layout with bar and more seating on first floor patio. Great location - walkable to everything West Sunset worth going to. Smoking hot, professional staff without attitude - that's right guys, the unicorns live here. Delicious food that doesn't take itself too seriously - not a single $27 grilled cheese on the menu. I'm not a kale guy, but get the kale salad. Trust me just get it. It's so good and makes you feel better about washing it down with the mushroom truffle flatbread.Special Features:
- Service was amazingSibabayDined on 10/12/2014It was a belated birthday Sunday brunch a friend didn't arrive and the servers were gracious not to let us move tables. Service was outstanding. we were taken care of had a laugh and the food was great. We're planning on coming back with a larger group on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our brunch at pearlsFoodloversDined on 10/12/2014We were a party of 6 for brunch, a couple of chefs and the rest foodies. We had amazing service with our waitress and the girls she was training, they were fun and happy, and we can be a handful, but they rolled with the punches and we had a great time. Our food was delicious and the menu has a great variety of options so no matter who goes they are sure to find something yummy to eat. I also liked that you can mix and match your eggs Bennie if you want. I had the florentine with roasted mushrooms and the fried chicken Bennie... Both we yummy..we also ordered the crunchy French toast and fried chicken and doughnuts for the table, all were we'll received... Great experience as a whole and would definately go back.Special Features:
- Go for drinks, not dinner!ErinRachelDined on 9/27/2014We made a last minute reservation which meant we were seated downstairs where it was a pretty quiet scene (and by quiet I mean just the two of us and the flatscreen TV's showing college football). Service was good, but the food was not up to par. Lobster ravioli was great but the shrimp salad was bland as were the brussel sprouts which was flavorless and not roasted. I am puzzled at how it was possible to ruin brussel sprouts - even if you burn them they're still tasty! We checked out the roof on our way out and it was a MUCH better vibe. Not sure if the view would have made up for the food though. Definitely wouldn't recommend this place for dinner but seems like a great spot for drinks.Special Features:
- Use to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014The quality of food used to be better. Get the feeling this place is on the slide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop View with Bar EatsDanielaVIPDined on 9/19/2014This high priced Sunset restaurant demonstrates that if you eat with a view, you can settle for pricey bar-eats. I ordered Chicken Meatballs and a friend ordered the burger. The burger is the must-eat on the menu (when it's not lobster or oyster night). Request to eat on the roof, the view it was makes the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful eveninggoodfoodluvVIPDined on 9/13/2014we were thoroughly surprised about our dining experience. even though there was music, it wasn't out of control. we were seated at a great table right away. our server was attentive and knowledgeable. the food was delicious, unusual and full of flavor. and we didn't feel like the oldest people in the restaurant...Special Features:
- bubblyNessDined on 8/26/2014Tuesday night special - $3 for bubbly. It was surprisingly really great champagne for such a great price. It didn't taste cheap. And it was also oyster night. I'm normally not an oyster person, but it was only $2 for a char-grilled one in a cilantro/lemon sauce, and I was so glad I tried it! It was delicious. The broccolini was cooked perfectly - thoroughly with just enough crisp - and in (what tasted like) a vinaigrette. I also tried the margherita flatbread, which was decent. It could've used a touch more sauce. And I had the lobster ravioli, which was more cheese and mushrooms than lobster, so I'll try something else next time. Our server, Marianne, was so friendly, helpful and funny. I wish all servers were as nice as her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely to look atJburgartVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was a nice place to watch the sunset movie but not ideal. The food is quite pricey for the quality and quantity. The service was great at times, lacking at others. The staff did make us feel welcome but the bus boys didn't know where to stand out of view of the movie screen. They provided white cheddar popcorn during the movie, which was freshly popped but still stale.Special Features:
- Mimosa Kit - need I say more?MoFloDined on 8/17/2014Highly recommend this place for brunch. They have an amazing mimosa kit that comes with various juices and berries. The food was delicious. The service was great. Our waitress, MaryAnn was sweet, hilarious and very personable. Outdoor patio is adorably decorated with a great view of the city. I can't wait to go back, this time for the night scene, which I hear is also a great experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceIlovefoodsomuchVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good for gluten free dishes. Great service too! I've been a couple times before and it seems like they've added some more items to the menu. Truffle flatbread and the chicken meatballs (the sauce!) both very good!Special Features:
- Not my type of placeFoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great roof top. Unfortunately the live band was setup 3 feet from our table. The decor was dark, like dirty bar style mostly. The menu was not what I expected.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Pearls reviews archive.
- Hidden rooftop gemdiscultimateDined on 7/25/2014Of the places to get a drink on the Sunset Strip, Pearl's Liquor Bar doesn't immediately come to mind. But this hidden gem sports several rooftop nooks that offer surprisingly cute tables for couples or groups. In the back is a faux-lawn complete with swing and in the front, two tiers overlooking Sunset that can accommodate up to 10 people. While the prices aren't cheap, the lobster ravioli is filling enough for $18 and the $13 cocktails like the Whiskey Buck are delicious. A good choice for tasty food you can hear a conversation over and ambiance to boot.Special Features:
- Much better 2nd timetequilasunsetDined on 7/12/2014I had a very disappointing experience the first time I dined here with friends about a month ago - food, setting, service were all just OK. This time was MUCH better. I recommend only dining at Pearl's if you can get a rooftop table. The rooftop was lively, our server was very attentive and the food was tasty. The hanger steak has been the best thing I've eaten, and I recommend the burrata appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblestevenDined on 7/5/2014We made reservations for dessert Saturday night as I heard good things about Pearls. We were seated on the highest level outdoor area that has a great view of Los Angeles. When our waitress arrived, her mood and demeanor quickly became rude when she discovered we wanted dessert. We ordered two desserts, an espresso and coffee to be served with the dessert. After waiting for a long time, they were not busy, we were told that the espresso machine was broken. We re ordered. We the saw a server who was walking in circles with our desserts. He didn't know which table to deliver the desserts. I finally got up and took the desserts to our table. The coffees were Luke warm. I would never go back.Special Features:
- i would not recommend this place.blechDined on 7/1/2014we went for their oyster happy hour and these were the worst oysters i've ever had. completely bland. i'd never tasted oysters like this. awful. neither of us finished them. we've been to almost ever oyster happy hour in los angeles and we'd been trying the few that we hadn't been to yet. this was a huge fail. our server was great (as were all of the staff), even in spite of the very busy patio. the patio was an enjoyable space, but the oysters were such a bummer that we'll never go back.
- Go later for better experiencetequilasunsetDined on 6/21/2014We had a girl friend in town visiting, so we thought it would be fun to do rooftop dining on the Sunset Strip. I've been to Pearl's for drinks but never for dinner. I made a reservation for 8:15. When we got to the restaurant, the hostess told us that the upper level was reserved for a private party, so we'd have to dine downstairs, which had no view and was awkwardly empty. We had the Mickey Cohen cocktail to start, which was a little too sweet for my taste and was very small for a $14 cocktail. I had the Kale Quinoa Salad with seared ahi for my meal, and it was not very flavorful. A friend got the same salad with the hanger steak instead of the tuna, and it was much better. Recommended only if dining upstairs on a busy late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!LaLaLandVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was our first time at Pearls, but it will not be the last! Went for a belated birthday brunch, and was pleasantly surprised by the awesome upstairs patio area. Exactly what we were looking for. Great benedict combinations (love that you can pick two different ones), they happily accommodated a modification, fantastic bacon, and a very nice sparkling rose! Brunch turned in to all afternoon, and the addition of the DJ mid way through was actually great. Played just upbeat enough music without it turning into a blaring dance party. We will be back...soon!Special Features:
- Delicious and Super friendly.Calibreeze64Dined on 5/24/2014We were greeted immediately with very courteous staff and when mentioning we were cheating my daughter's birthday they were very attentive the entire time. One of the best dining experiences I've had in awhile. The outdoor patios and fireplace with our own upstairs bar was perfect. We all are different types of meals, every one was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour(s)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Pearls is walking distance from our home, and is one of our favorite spots to go for a little cocktail and nosh action. Great food and fantastic drinks! Good Happy Hour menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014If you are going to an event in the W Hollywood area Pearl's is a great place to start. The open dinning room area is where you want to be seated, with the view of the city. The staff is friendly from the hostess staff to the waitress and bartenders, they all had personality and very entertaining to the eyes. We were a party of 5, and the food was a hit on most of the entrees. The burgers were great, the Hanger steak salad was great the chicken parmisian was good, the pasta was not as good. Pearl's a very friendly place with servers that want to make sure you have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!RubN323Dined on 4/19/2014I was trying to surprise my girlfriend with a new spot to eat. We're avid foodies who always wanna find somewhere new to eat! I heard good reviews and wasn't surprised at all that they lived them to them! The hangar steak was divine and gave me the appetite for another! Dining on the "grass" roof being able to see the busy Sunset Strip just made it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential LostJaneDianeDined on 3/30/2014Pearl's sounds great on paper, but in real life, not so much. The space is pretty, the location perfect for locals but the kitchen and food service is a mess. In addition to eggs, french toast and common fare, the brunch menu features items including tofu scrambles and vegan bacon; these options were part of the reason I chose this venue to celebrate my birthday. The scramble was a blob of tofu with yellow spice and the "fakin" was from Morningstar Farms and contained egg; an inedible mistake. If I wanted a pure liquid meal, I am sure Pearl's would be a fine option. However since I came for the food, I was disappointed and chances are you will be too.
- Pleasantly surprisedLAfoodiechickDined on 3/8/2014Loved brunch on the roof!! The pretzel croissant egg sandwich is the way to go!! Had a blast with my girlfriends and will definitely be back! Our server (who was also bartending) was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going Back to PearlsMJEatsDined on 2/22/2014My friends and I were all very unsatisfied with our experience at Pearls. I was told on the day of my reservation that we could only stay at our table for 2 hours. (knowing earlier would be nice) My reservation was for 7:45 but no one came to serve our table until 8:15, after we complained to a manager. At 8:30, having yet to get our food, the hostess told us we would have to leave the table by 9 for a future reservation. Wait, isn't the limit two hours? She didn't seem to care we hadn't been served and after complaining she said we could stay until 9:30. Still under the 2 hour limit. We spent over $200 to get pushed out of a table when we weren't finished. We asked to talk to the manager who never came over.
- All hypeSherryDined on 2/15/2014This place is good to look at but that's it. Food was so slow to come out and when it did, it was not what I expected. Especially at those prices. This place was disappointing.Special Features:
- Wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Whether you are looking for a bar for a night out or a nice dinner, Pearls offers both! We really liked the food, the ambiance was nice and the service was good. We would come backSpecial Features:
- BrunchJessRoxDined on 2/9/2014Great for a group brunch, 1 pm sudden buzz. Outdoor seating is great on a sunny day! Can't wait to be back.Special Features:
- Get it together, Pearl!SavvyNotStuffyDined on 1/17/2014Great atmosphere. Food is good--nothing notable. Staff was déclassé. Checked in for a 745pm reservation and was told we would have to leave by 915pm for another seating. It took 5 minutes to be seated so the clock was ticking. Get upstairs and the restaurant is basically empty and never filled up. While there, we were reminded twice that we had to leave at 915pm and they were hovering. It was comical. We were actually ribbing the waitress about it. Luckily we could laugh it off but we won't be back and will share the story with our friends, moreso because it was absurd and silly, not because it was a memorable experience. While they try, it is nothing exceptional and I expect it will be another trendy LA restaurant casualty.Special Features:
- Food was just okay... ChickenScottrauchVIPDined on 1/3/2014Food was just okay... Chicken meatballs were way too salty and the veggies with the Chilean sea bass were bland.Special Features: