Pearl - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Pearl - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/pearl-chinese-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028917380x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm-11pm Daily
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Executive Chef: Kai W. Yau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Pearl - MGM Grand
Serving traditional Chinese cuisine with an essence of the Canton and Shanghai provinces, Pearl's specialties are prepared using the four Chinese cooking methods: steamed, braised, baked, and fried. Chef Kai-Wa Yau offers a menu that is constantly changing to take advantage of seasonal offerings. The masterful cooking is paired with a serene and contemporary Chinese atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pearl - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)romantic (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TastyItstysonDined on 8/23/2014We had the family style for two and loved it. Food was fantastic and so was the service. Will be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014I look forward to my Vegas trips just so I can eat at Pearl. Everything we have ever tried has been outstanding!! My husband tried the honey glazed cod this visit and said it was the best piece of fish he has ever had. I love, love, love the spider prawn dumplings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place exotic food.dadorkjoeyDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Just pick wisely, everything sounds familiar but it's made very different at pearl, but still great food.Special Features:
- Excellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great menu to choose from, everything tastes good with warm sake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHatchanDined on 8/14/2014We try to come here very time we are in LV. You won't be disappointed. If you reserved ahead you can sit in the romantic booth. They try hard to accomadate you. The food is great, love the crab spring roll. The shrimp in chili sauce is great too. It is busy on the weekend so reservation is recommended .Special Features:
- Cannot beat the service!BrunoDined on 8/10/2014Best service: the staff is extremely attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Food - Good, Service-BadJanet117Dined on 8/1/2014Service at Pearl was very unfriendly & borderline rude. It took 10 minutes before anyone came to our table. After the first person arrived to see if wanted to order drinks 2 other people came to ask the same question. it took another 20 minutes until our server came to take our order. She was condescending and arrogant. She tried to push us to order the most expensive items on the menu. We told her several times that one of the guests was allergic to peanuts and shrimp but she didn't seem to care. After the food arrived no one came to see if everything was good. One we were done with dinner she threw one dessert menu on the table. There is so many other restaurants that have both good food and service that we would never return there.Special Features:
- PURE ENJOYMENTfoodie4everDined on 7/26/2014Been to the Pearl at least twice a year for a few years now and the food is perfect each and every time the potions are to share for sure so it makes it quite a romantic couples night out. The lemon sauce on the almond crusted chicken is heavenly and the kobe beef could be shared with 4 people add a lemon drop martini to the dinner and its fabulous!! Don't miss out on the Pearl!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food!BobJayeDined on 7/24/2014We tried the chef's sampling menu and were amazed. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everythingGreateatsDined on 6/2/2014Such good food and amazing experience! Do the wine pairing with your meal, you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lo Mein in Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014The Pearl has a more traditional menu than some of the other Chinese restaurants at MGM. The ambiance here is great as is the service. I am a local who comes to Pearl fairly regularly because they has the best lo mein in town hands down. I also got fried rice which was a little overcooked but still good. I will continue to dine here often.Special Features:
- always a treatanthem2056Dined on 5/29/2014We always treat ourselves to dinner at The Pearl whenever we head to the strip.Special Features:
- tktooDined on 5/25/2014had dinner here before seeing Cher...food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent meal, as always, and the service was outstanding... great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More impressive on the outsideBabyYotDined on 5/24/2014Food was good, but not great. We'd describe it as really good Chinese take-out. The service was scattered...different people bringing you different things each time. They were not overly helpful. One staff member was setting tables and throwing silverware and glassware around almost angrily. The restaurant itself is very pretty. Seats were uncomfortable...we were put into a table with bench seats with a very low back. We wouldn't go back, which is disappointing as we've been wanting to try it for several years now and finally got there on a night they were open.
- Outstanding Peking Duck & ServiceBeaglemeVIPDined on 5/18/2014The Service at Pearl was outstanding ! Peking Duck, hand carved at the table was outstanding as well. Can't wait to come back again to Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 5/17/2014Will Recommend the Pearl to Business Associates and Professional Collegues in the future. Food was exceptional along with the service and casual setting.Special Features:
- Pearl at MGMOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/17/2014Attentive service, beautifully presented dishes /plates. Unusual combinations that were pleasant surprises (filet mignon with an Asian theme).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chinese cuisine.PhillyRichDined on 5/16/2014My two friends and I went to Pearl on a Saturday night. We booked a table for 10 pm and were seated promptly. The service was attentive and all of our dishes were excellent. There are so many good restaurants in Vegas and at MGM to choose from but I would definitely go here again if I'm in the mood for Chinese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsKrisDined on 5/9/2014We have done a group dinner at Pearl each year that we attend a conference at the MGM (6 years now). The dishes are consistent year-to-year (we love the sea bass and lemon almond chicken). We order our favorite and share (or not!) with each other. There's always one in the group that "doesn't like Chinese food" but, sure enough, finds plenty that they love on the menu. The atmosphere is elegant but lively at the same time. The staff is attentive. We have never been disappointed and look forward to returning next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True PearlToSpicyDined on 5/4/2014This was our second visit to your restaurant and once again we were very pleased with every thing from our initial greeting to our final course. I very much intend to visit your restaurant on our next visit to Las Vegas. Thank you again for the great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Pearl - MGM Grand reviews archive.
- Absolutely deliciousPammyDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed the sea bass, chicken in oyster sauce and beef with ginger. Portions were enormous (uses to smaller dishes from UK) so had to leave quite a bit. Attentative staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome family stylegirlzweekendDined on 4/27/2014Girls weekend was topped off by a great meal here. We had the family style dinner, it was a great price too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodmtholDined on 4/26/2014great food that goes over and beyond the high quality currently found in Vegas. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointedfurdog88Dined on 4/19/2014Quality of the food was ok. Spent $117.00 for 2. My local place back home is better.
- BeautifulNeekVIPDined on 3/31/2014The decor is beautiful, the wait staff is outstanding, and the food is fantastic. Our cocktails were fabulous and unique, and the crispy garlic chicken was heaven. We'll be back to Pearl on our next trip to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite strip restaurantanthem2056Dined on 3/31/2014We are locals and always celebrate our Birthdays and Anniversary at The Pearl ....... in addition to other non-event times to treat ourselves. We love the food and the staff are extraordinary. The staff knows how to balance quiet attention with privacy. The wine and sake list is extensive. It's our favorite restaurant on the strip (in the MGM Grand). You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peal restaurant evening of relaxatiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014A beautiful meal, wonderfully presented. Even the left overs were wonderful two days later. Great place for that delightfully oriental meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite Asian RestaurantSportivoVIPDined on 3/28/2014Whenever we come to Vegas, we like to try different quality restaurants each time. Usually, we vary the cuisine types each night, for variety. This trip we chose Pearl as our Asian restaurant, and we were not disappointed. The ambiance is very tranquil, the menu is extensive, the wait staff very attentive, and the food is top notch. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience, and look forward to returning to Pearly on one of our next trips to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, terrible servicewweigoldDined on 3/16/2014Our server was rude and did not listen to guest's requests. He was not attentive or present. Also, they charged our credit card twice. Thankfully the food was good.
- Same old average quality foodorangemanstuVIPDined on 3/10/2014One thing I've found about the MGM Grand restaurants such as L'Atlelier and CraftSteak Las Vegas, that despite the exceedingly high prices, the quality of food is consistently bland and average ... this place was no different. Would have been OK if I was at the mall and it was 30% less, but that's now what I would expect given it's location.Special Features:
- Awesome!SpecialDinerDined on 2/22/2014What a great dining experience! We had the special which had lobster, beef tenderloin and chicken; all wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl ReviewVegasGregDined on 2/16/2014The employees were friendly, the portions were very large, the food was good. Overall we enjoyed a good meal at a good restaurant, it met our expectations.
- Great Food & ServicebborgolfDined on 1/31/2014We had the signature dishes and they were awesome. Lots of servers took great care of us!Special Features:
- Great place for someone specialTonyPDined on 1/18/2014If you want to take that special someone somewhere memorable, this is the place. We had the fillet. It was very good. What really sets this place apart though, is the ambience. The views of Las Vegas are noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not All ThatTakeMyAdviceVIPDined on 1/9/2014Food was good, but nothing I'd go out of my way for, especially compared to so many other superb restaurants at the hotels on the strip.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/2/2014There with my wife and had a great meal that was worth the price. Will definitely be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, foodmlbbarkDined on 12/30/2013Everything was great, food outstanding, service top of the scale. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well named- it's a gem.......a PearIamredDined on 12/30/2013Wanted to be at MGM for Fleetwood Mac and having been unable to get into first choice "settled" on Pearl.... So glad we did. Ordered the tasting menu, both the sweet and sour and corn soups Were delish .Entree was a trio of wonderfully flavored small lobster tail, tender thick cut pieces of of filet mignon and " not your neighborhood " general tso chicken all accompanied by fried rice. Dessert was an indulgent small chocolate raspberry cake tower , mousse like in texture. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ChineseShawnambDined on 12/30/2013We really enjoyed the tasting menu. It was a great way to get many of the popular dishes. The biggest let down was the fried rice, it really lacked any flavor.Special Features: