Pearl - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Pearl - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/pearl-chinese-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: (702) 891-7380
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Executive Chef: Kai W. Yau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Pearl - MGM Grand
Serving traditional Chinese cuisine with an essence of the Canton and Shanghai provinces, Pearl's specialties are prepared using the four Chinese cooking methods: steamed, braised, baked, and fried. Chef Kai-Wa Yau offers a menu that is constantly changing to take advantage of seasonal offerings. The masterful cooking is paired with a serene and contemporary Chinese atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pearl - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (20)special occasion (19)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best in vegasHatchanDined on 10/31/2014We come to Pearl every time we come. We never get tire. The food is delicious. We reserve their booth which is very romantic. Their prawns in chilli sauce is great. Mongolian beef is worth trying too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Not as busy as it's sister restaurant Hakkasan, but I appreciated it's quiet character. Had a special tasting menu that was superb! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014The food was really good, but the service and quiet atmosphere were the things that made this such a nice dining experience. We were there with our teenage niece and our service was as good as we would expect for a nice quiet dinner for two.Special Features:
- disappointingjewellesDined on 10/20/2014we were looking forward to this restaurant but it turned out to be very disappointing. the food was served barely warm and was unremarkable and seemed to used cheaper cuts of meat. the service was patchy with a couple of the waiters being unhelpful at best. we wont be going back.
- no taste at allgaartjuhDined on 10/19/2014After reading the other reactions I thought this restaurant would be OK, not very good but just OK. I chose Pearl because I was with my parents who don't like to spend that much money and I thought this one was of reasonable price. We would've prefered Hakkasan or something like that. Anyhow, we ordered like a menu with 6 dishes and an extra duck platter. Every dish tasted the same or in better words had no taste at all. It was very dissapointing. Even the price was calculated 70 euro's per person. Which is not bad if you enjoyed the food. In this case it wasn't worth it at all. The beef was plastic and those big pieces of spareribs weren't eatable. Wished we had gone to Tao wich isn't the best chinese food I've had but way better than this
- Superb Food & Outstanding ServiceCoLoR349Dined on 10/19/2014I was in the mood for something a bit different when I went to Las Vegas for a short visit. I decided to try PEARL for dinner and I'm so glad I did. I arrived for dinner a little early than my appointed time but I was seated immediately. My server made some suggestions regarding the menu and he was right on point. I started my meal with the Sweet Corn Chowder which was awesome. This was followed by a Surf & Turf entree (Fried spiny Lobster Tail & Black Pepper Tenderloin of Beef) General Tao Chicken & Garden Vegetables Fried Rice. Desert was small but decadent & rich (Banana Chocolate Soft Cake). This was an absolutely DELICIOUS meal with OUTSTANDING/ATTENTIVE service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great price!mspfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful setting, right in the heart of the MGM Grand restaurant row! Staff were helpful with recommending specials versus the menu. The wine selection was decent and the food was one of the best Chinese meals I've had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner.HoferDined on 10/16/2014My wife reserved this place for my birthday when we visited Vegas. The food was absolutely delicious. The beef was so tender it just melted in your mouth. The wine list is awesome. Everything is just out of this world. Best food I've ever had. Let's just say next time I'm in Vegas I will eat there again. And the service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almond Chicken Fanatic - Very HappyMagaDined on 10/9/2014This is a beautiful restaurant right in the middle of great people watching at the MGM Grand. I must say the food was very good, especially the Almond Chicken, they best I've every been served. Downside, the service was a little rushed without a lot of flourish - we came to dine, but sometimes it felt a little like take-away service. Otherwise, beautiful environment and excellent food.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodVegasSquidDined on 9/27/2014Pearl always has had great service and food. A little expensive for Chinese food, but I feel it is worth it.Special Features:
- Delicious - out of this world!tobagalDined on 9/25/2014The dining room itself is beautiful; I enjoyed Chef Yau's tasting menu. So much food I ended up sharing with my fellow table mates. Each dish is prepared with care and is beautifully arranged on the plate. I also had the opportunity to try the almond chicken with lemon sauce. What a gorgeous dish! The service was unlike anything I had ever experienced. Very attentive, polite and their service and timing of the dishes was impeccable.Special Features:
- repeat customersanthem2056Dined on 9/19/2014We are locals who always celebrate our events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) at the Pearl. We never tire of the wonderful food and exceptional and attentive service.....Special Features:
- TastyItstysonDined on 8/23/2014We had the family style for two and loved it. Food was fantastic and so was the service. Will be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatFloridaTriciaDined on 8/23/2014I look forward to my Vegas trips just so I can eat at Pearl. Everything we have ever tried has been outstanding!! My husband tried the honey glazed cod this visit and said it was the best piece of fish he has ever had. I love, love, love the spider prawn dumplings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place exotic food.dadorkjoeyDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Just pick wisely, everything sounds familiar but it's made very different at pearl, but still great food.Special Features:
- Excellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great menu to choose from, everything tastes good with warm sake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHatchanDined on 8/14/2014We try to come here very time we are in LV. You won't be disappointed. If you reserved ahead you can sit in the romantic booth. They try hard to accomadate you. The food is great, love the crab spring roll. The shrimp in chili sauce is great too. It is busy on the weekend so reservation is recommended .Special Features:
- Cannot beat the service!BrunoDined on 8/10/2014Best service: the staff is extremely attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Food - Good, Service-BadJanet117Dined on 8/1/2014Service at Pearl was very unfriendly & borderline rude. It took 10 minutes before anyone came to our table. After the first person arrived to see if wanted to order drinks 2 other people came to ask the same question. it took another 20 minutes until our server came to take our order. She was condescending and arrogant. She tried to push us to order the most expensive items on the menu. We told her several times that one of the guests was allergic to peanuts and shrimp but she didn't seem to care. After the food arrived no one came to see if everything was good. One we were done with dinner she threw one dessert menu on the table. There is so many other restaurants that have both good food and service that we would never return there.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Pearl - MGM Grand reviews archive.
- PURE ENJOYMENTfoodie4everDined on 7/26/2014Been to the Pearl at least twice a year for a few years now and the food is perfect each and every time the potions are to share for sure so it makes it quite a romantic couples night out. The lemon sauce on the almond crusted chicken is heavenly and the kobe beef could be shared with 4 people add a lemon drop martini to the dinner and its fabulous!! Don't miss out on the Pearl!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food!BobJayeDined on 7/24/2014We tried the chef's sampling menu and were amazed. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everythingGreateatsDined on 6/2/2014Such good food and amazing experience! Do the wine pairing with your meal, you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lo Mein in Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014The Pearl has a more traditional menu than some of the other Chinese restaurants at MGM. The ambiance here is great as is the service. I am a local who comes to Pearl fairly regularly because they has the best lo mein in town hands down. I also got fried rice which was a little overcooked but still good. I will continue to dine here often.Special Features:
- always a treatanthem2056Dined on 5/29/2014We always treat ourselves to dinner at The Pearl whenever we head to the strip.Special Features:
- tktooDined on 5/25/2014had dinner here before seeing Cher...food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent meal, as always, and the service was outstanding... great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More impressive on the outsideBabyYotDined on 5/24/2014Food was good, but not great. We'd describe it as really good Chinese take-out. The service was scattered...different people bringing you different things each time. They were not overly helpful. One staff member was setting tables and throwing silverware and glassware around almost angrily. The restaurant itself is very pretty. Seats were uncomfortable...we were put into a table with bench seats with a very low back. We wouldn't go back, which is disappointing as we've been wanting to try it for several years now and finally got there on a night they were open.
- Outstanding Peking Duck & ServiceBeaglemeVIPDined on 5/18/2014The Service at Pearl was outstanding ! Peking Duck, hand carved at the table was outstanding as well. Can't wait to come back again to Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 5/17/2014Will Recommend the Pearl to Business Associates and Professional Collegues in the future. Food was exceptional along with the service and casual setting.Special Features:
- Pearl at MGMOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/17/2014Attentive service, beautifully presented dishes /plates. Unusual combinations that were pleasant surprises (filet mignon with an Asian theme).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chinese cuisine.PhillyRichVIPDined on 5/16/2014My two friends and I went to Pearl on a Saturday night. We booked a table for 10 pm and were seated promptly. The service was attentive and all of our dishes were excellent. There are so many good restaurants in Vegas and at MGM to choose from but I would definitely go here again if I'm in the mood for Chinese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsKrisDined on 5/9/2014We have done a group dinner at Pearl each year that we attend a conference at the MGM (6 years now). The dishes are consistent year-to-year (we love the sea bass and lemon almond chicken). We order our favorite and share (or not!) with each other. There's always one in the group that "doesn't like Chinese food" but, sure enough, finds plenty that they love on the menu. The atmosphere is elegant but lively at the same time. The staff is attentive. We have never been disappointed and look forward to returning next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True PearlToSpicyDined on 5/4/2014This was our second visit to your restaurant and once again we were very pleased with every thing from our initial greeting to our final course. I very much intend to visit your restaurant on our next visit to Las Vegas. Thank you again for the great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousPammyDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed the sea bass, chicken in oyster sauce and beef with ginger. Portions were enormous (uses to smaller dishes from UK) so had to leave quite a bit. Attentative staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome family stylegirlzweekendDined on 4/27/2014Girls weekend was topped off by a great meal here. We had the family style dinner, it was a great price too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodmtholDined on 4/26/2014great food that goes over and beyond the high quality currently found in Vegas. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointedfurdog88Dined on 4/19/2014Quality of the food was ok. Spent $117.00 for 2. My local place back home is better.
- BeautifulNeekVIPDined on 3/31/2014The decor is beautiful, the wait staff is outstanding, and the food is fantastic. Our cocktails were fabulous and unique, and the crispy garlic chicken was heaven. We'll be back to Pearl on our next trip to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite strip restaurantanthem2056Dined on 3/31/2014We are locals and always celebrate our Birthdays and Anniversary at The Pearl ....... in addition to other non-event times to treat ourselves. We love the food and the staff are extraordinary. The staff knows how to balance quiet attention with privacy. The wine and sake list is extensive. It's our favorite restaurant on the strip (in the MGM Grand). You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peal restaurant evening of relaxatiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014A beautiful meal, wonderfully presented. Even the left overs were wonderful two days later. Great place for that delightfully oriental meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.