1191 Northern Blvd.
Manhasset, NY 11030Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pearleastny.com/
- Phone: (516)365-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Dim Sum, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pearl East
Pearl East: Review Highlights- "Food is delicious" "Best sushi around" "Presentation" All the plates are very impressive" " All the plates are like works of art" "Staff is great" " Friendly service" "Pear East really takes pride in their food and customer service" "Whenever I am looking for a fun evening with my friends we always start our night at Pear East" " Zagat Surver Rated Excellent" " Pearl East is a gem not too Far East."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Pearl East - Best Restaurants in Manhasset ›
Pearl East reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice restaurantWenchDined on 9/12/2014This is a nice restaurant for sit down dining. The food was nothing special. Lo Mein and Sesame Chicken weren't as good as the to go place down the street from my apartment in Great Neck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMarcoVIPDined on 9/7/2014What a great dining experience. Beautiful place, wonderful service, delicious food, generous portions, fair prices. Who could ask for anything moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese on LIsrk49VIPDined on 9/6/2014Even though we order Chinese food, plenty of people we see are ordering sushi. The food is always clean, top quality. We sub filet (beef medallion) for the regular beef. Worth the extra $$. The soups, apps all delicious. Service is always great for us even when extraordinarily busy. Love it here
- DisappointedWinnieDined on 9/5/2014Been there several times before and food and service did not come up to past performances. Very noisy and service was rushed. It was Saturday night and they wanted to turn tables over. Worst thing was they wouldn't seat us until our friends came and waiting area is very uncomfortable and very crowded. Never had to wait for seating with other Open Table reservations either in NY or in Florida. Never wrote a negative review before.
- Pearl eastEaterDined on 8/28/2014As usual the choices are endless and everything is great. It's best to avoid the overly busy, noisy weekend evenings . The owner is constantly observing how things are going. Have gone here for years and will return!Special Features:
- No SushiEaterouterVIPDined on 8/25/2014Went on a Monday evening and had to order food for take-out. No Sushi on Monday and that left one of our party with nothing to eat. Was disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Chinese on LIMarcoVIPDined on 8/24/2014Had a fabulous dinner at this gorgeous restaurant, served by a professional waitstaff. The presentation of the food sets the stage for an upscale dining experience. Upon entry you are greeted by a magnificent floral arrangement and seated in a uniquely decorated dining room. Class prevails. The menu selections are endless and the owner hostess will offer very special, off the menu items. For a great dining experience at fair prices, go to Pearl East.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Chinese Food!AngeliisDined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious! The menu could use a makeover to categorize your typical Chinese dished if that's what you're looking for...little hard to notice mixed in with specialty dishes. Loved the skinny noodles they start you off with. Everything was excellent! After many years it was nice to find a regular restaurant for delicious Chinese food in a pleasant setting. Can't wait to go back!!
- DeliciousFarnoDined on 8/14/2014Every dish we ordered was superb. Best hot and sour soup we ever tried, not the usual bland fare. The Mango Chicken was sublime, great flavors in a large portion of tender boneless chicken. Highly recommended restaurant, but the valet parking is crazy with all of the expensive cars being dropped off and all of the takeout pick ups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Gemsrk49VIPDined on 8/13/2014Lucky to have Pearl East so close to our house. Always delicious food, great service. Owner so friendly and helpful, always making sure all is well.
- Great Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014If you are a Chinese food lover then this is the restaurant for you.Special Features:
- Won't be backHaditDined on 8/2/2014The food was good. It always is. We were distracted tho by the noise level. Unbearable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014A friend made the recommendation. Wanted to take clients out in their local area. This truly was the best Chinese food I have ever had and I have been all over the US , Canada and the world. presentation WAS BEAUTIFUL .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...bunnyluvsfoodDined on 7/6/2014We have food from Pearl East on my job all the time and have been there on several occasions with my family. Kathy is a most gracious hostess/owner (?). Food is delicious, service is very good, portions are just right. I've been there on a Friday or Saturday evening; they had live entertainment which was a nice touch, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here!!SUNNYDined on 7/5/2014Always enjoyable. Food delicious . Great friendly service. Parking valets very courteous and helpful to those who need .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingsabetDined on 7/4/2014sauteed snapper turned out to be deep fried with breading which everwhelmed the delicate fish. shrimp. same with shrimp roll with rice crepe guests at table next to us were given a hard time by waiter and manager re spiciness of dish she received no clear gluten free dishes, I had called in advanceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Chinese FoodLarryVIPDined on 7/3/2014Pearl East has superior Chinese Cuisine - best on Long Island. Make sure that you make a reservation.Special Features:
- ezasVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place is always good. The food isprepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 6/22/2014Great egg rolls, scallion pancakes, roast pork,spare ribs, all shrimp dishes,& fried rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chinese foodFRESAVIPDined on 6/19/2014Today, it is very difficult to find a really good Chinese restaurant. Most Chinese restaurants have gone Buffet. Some have gone fusion Asian where the menu has sushi, some Japanese (which is usually not good) Pearl East is indeed a PEARLSpecial Features:
- Attractive space, good foodMiddleOfTheRoadDinerDined on 6/15/2014Pearl East has a menu with good variety, and the Chinese and Japanese dishes are well-prepared, not the sloppy version that some American Chinese restaurants offer. The ambience is especially noteworthy -- there is ample space between tables, pleasant lighting and decoration, and low noise levels. The service (whether due to the kitchen or the waiter) was less pleasing, although "good". In that regard, I will mention that the dishes were not really served simultaneously, there was a longer than expected delay, and when pouring water or serving other items the waiter reached in front of some members of our party of five, instead of coming around to the place of the person being served. Our waiter was friendly.Special Features:
- Best Chinese Around!MaryDined on 6/14/2014Pearl East has by far he best Chinese food on Long Island! A favorite for years, this Manhasset staple is bustling and has maintained its phenomenal food for over 20 years! While reservations are honored, be aware that you might still have a wait, but oh is it ever worth it! Come early for special dishes as they do (sadly) run out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food small portions very noisyJerrySDined on 6/7/2014The food was good but the portions were much smaller than usual. Noisy babies should be removed from the dining room!Special Features:
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 6/1/2014All of the traditional Chinese dishes r excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Pearl East reviews archive.
- foodJFMMTMDined on 5/18/2014Made my egg foo young to order. Liked the egg drop soup. Pork appetizer was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014The food was delicious. The spare ribs were melt off the bone great! Service was a little slow but then again it was Mother's Day and very busy. They gave us the wrong check but other than that, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only eat Chinese food here !LizaVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food is very fresh and Delious and would highly recommend trying pearl east. It is busy so I would make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestMark4VIPDined on 4/27/2014The only place to eat Chinese food on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!LiliVIPDined on 4/17/2014It was our first time and we were pleasantly surprised!! The food was delicious and the service was great!! Will definitely be returning!!! The manager running the restaurant was very friendly and attentive as was the whole staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!valsDined on 4/12/2014This is an extremely and consistently good Chinese restaurant in many respects: the staff are very friendly, the service is excellent, and the food is "a notch above" the usual, in that the dishes are interesting, the ingredients are very fresh and each dish has a distinctive taste, even down to the simple soups. This was a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 4/6/2014REAL BEEF in the beef dishes.Best egg rolls anywhere. Fried rice better than Chinatown. Shrimp dishes all taste wonderful. You must go!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Experiencecam907VIPDined on 4/5/2014We were seated for 10 minutes before we were given menus. We got warm bottled beer. It took 1 hour to get our food and the crispy orange beef was pink in the middle and inedible. Both the waiter and the manager were clueless and had no explanation when we asked why it was taking so long. We weren't even offered a comp for our troubles. It wasn't worth the 15 miles we had to drive for such a disappointing experience.
- Always ExcellentleniVIPDined on 4/4/2014One of the best Chinese Restaurants in the area. Food is consistently good. Kathy is a great hostess and always on top of things. If you want to have a wonderful party I suggest you check out the party menu. We had a party there some years ago and people are still talking about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food and service has amartyVIPDined on 4/4/2014the food and service has a high standard but the crispy duck spring rolls were tasteless and the snapper thai style overcooked, not spicy but sweet.Special Features:
- Gourmet Chinese FoodAndrewVIPDined on 3/29/2014Stands out as the best Chinese food on Long Island, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDaveDined on 3/29/2014Nice restaurant, great service and good food. Wine list is a bit limited.Special Features:
- Quality Chinese cuisine but...citygirl28Dined on 3/22/2014The food didn't disappoint; however, the service did, and we weren't the only ones to voice our displeasure. It shouldn't take 20 minutes after guests are seated for water glasses to be filled, and only after literally flagging someone down to do it. Nor should it take so long for anyone in our area to get the attention of a waiter for service of any kind. The indifferent service makes us hesitant as first-time visitors to return if this is the type of service we can expect again. We came from Queens and can get Chinese much closer to home for less, but are willing to pay more for nice ambience and good food. But more staff is needed and those employed here desperately need to be better-trained in customer service skills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Pearl EastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2014We have been to Pearl East many times but have been seated in the back room only once. When we arrived there were tables available in the front but we were taken to a table in the back. There only two tables occupied both large parties -- at least 10 each. Consequently our service was awful. Don't let them seat you in the back!
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 3/16/2014My family & I love everything about this place. The ribs are to die 4 All the shrimp, chicken,& beef dishes are of the highest quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Food, Service &Gracewmw322VIPDined on 3/9/2014At 4pm it was packed! Frequent diners and families packed this lively hot spot. With the grace of an orchestra leader, the owner visited tables, made food suggestions, even customized dishes to our taste. Her sushi bar is second to none! Beautifully presented. Fresh! Delicious! High kudos! Highly recommend. Make a reservation!Special Features: