1191 Northern Blvd.
Manhasset, NY 11030Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pearleastny.com/
- Phone: (516) 365-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Dim Sum, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pearl East
Pearl East: Review Highlights- "Food is delicious" "Best sushi around" "Presentation" All the plates are very impressive" " All the plates are like works of art" "Staff is great" " Friendly service" "Pear East really takes pride in their food and customer service" "Whenever I am looking for a fun evening with my friends we always start our night at Pear East" " Zagat Surver Rated Excellent" " Pearl East is a gem not too Far East."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Pearl East - Best Restaurants in Manhasset ›
Pearl East reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (11)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Extremely slow service but very good foodopeltzVIPDined on 11/17/2014Extremely slow service but very good food. Ordered the spicy jumbo shrimp special - it was very tasty and not that spicy. My friends ordered the short ribs over pad thai which was very good as well. Would return but hopefully would get a better/faster waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Pearl East has wonderful food. Always fresh and never greasy. Probably the best on long island. You must have a reservation for Fri or Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 11/15/2014Food is great, probably best on Long island. Problem i had was they rushed us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to expectationsover65Dined on 11/7/2014Waiters performed their job without expending much effort. Questions were not fully answered. We ordered brown rice. Waiter brought white rice. We said we ordered brown. He said the brown rice was still cooking and would be ready in about 5 minutes. This sounded ridiculous at 7pm on a Friday night. We asked for the brown and immediately he brought the brown. He was clearly trying to get out of having to make the switch. This was an example of the lack of effort and service on the part of the wait staff. For an upscale Chinese restaurant, we were disappointed that the hot and sour soup and the ribs were no better than fair.
- A Hiiden GemLuvTodine54Dined on 10/27/2014Tucked further back from the street ,zagat rated this is an excellent find .there are not many great Chinese food resturants in the area anymore , but this one has a wonderful variety and flavor.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentWassDined on 10/5/2014We have been eating at Pearl East for many years beginning when they were located in Roslyn and were under the name Lily Pond. The food and service has always been excellent. The owner makes you feel as if you are a guest in her home. The wait staff are professional and courteous. Some of the dishes are found in every Asian restaurant but they have a unique taste at Pearl East as if you were trying them for the first time. We ordered shrimp with lobster sauce, Thai fried rice, and lemongrass chicken. Every bite was an epicurean sensation. They also have specialty dishes that are of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Great place for a great meal.FridaynitefoodieDined on 10/3/2014Pleasantly surprised with my experience at Pearl East, the food was most memorable. Service was efficient, parking was readily available, ambience was nice as it was a subdued crown for a Friday night so the noise level was low. Made reservations about 2 hours in advance and was seated immediately upon arrival. Loved the food! The quality, quantity and taste was perfect. This is now my go to restaurant for Chinese food.Special Features:
- Good Chinese FoodPothedinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Our first visit to Pearl. Always looking for good Chinese food. Pearl didn't disappoint. Not as good as Chinatown but good food and service and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointssrk49VIPDined on 9/28/2014Love eating here. The best food, service and decor!
- ezasVIPDined on 9/28/2014Always consistent. Good food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- ScottVIPDined on 9/20/2014Pearl East did not honor reservation made on open table. Waited 45 minutes to be seated. Matredee kept telling us we would be seated in a few minutes.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and FriendlyJanetDined on 9/18/2014Friendly environment and delicious food. Pearl East reminds me of the Traditional "Good Old Fashion" Chinese Restaurants which are very hard to find. The hosts are very friendly. The service is outstanding. If something isn't on the menu, they will make it for you. Pearl East has two dining rooms. You can even have private parties. I celebrated my birthday at Pearl East and we had 8 people and sat at a round table with a spinning rotating round table on top of our table. It was so easy sharing food. I would recommend that you make reservation, especially on weekends. This place is very popular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantWenchVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a nice restaurant for sit down dining. The food was nothing special. Lo Mein and Sesame Chicken weren't as good as the to go place down the street from my apartment in Great Neck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMarcoVIPDined on 9/7/2014What a great dining experience. Beautiful place, wonderful service, delicious food, generous portions, fair prices. Who could ask for anything moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese on LIsrk49VIPDined on 9/6/2014Even though we order Chinese food, plenty of people we see are ordering sushi. The food is always clean, top quality. We sub filet (beef medallion) for the regular beef. Worth the extra $$. The soups, apps all delicious. Service is always great for us even when extraordinarily busy. Love it here
- DisappointedWinnieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Been there several times before and food and service did not come up to past performances. Very noisy and service was rushed. It was Saturday night and they wanted to turn tables over. Worst thing was they wouldn't seat us until our friends came and waiting area is very uncomfortable and very crowded. Never had to wait for seating with other Open Table reservations either in NY or in Florida. Never wrote a negative review before.
- Pearl eastEaterDined on 8/28/2014As usual the choices are endless and everything is great. It's best to avoid the overly busy, noisy weekend evenings . The owner is constantly observing how things are going. Have gone here for years and will return!Special Features:
- No SushiEaterouterVIPDined on 8/25/2014Went on a Monday evening and had to order food for take-out. No Sushi on Monday and that left one of our party with nothing to eat. Was disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Chinese on LIMarcoVIPDined on 8/24/2014Had a fabulous dinner at this gorgeous restaurant, served by a professional waitstaff. The presentation of the food sets the stage for an upscale dining experience. Upon entry you are greeted by a magnificent floral arrangement and seated in a uniquely decorated dining room. Class prevails. The menu selections are endless and the owner hostess will offer very special, off the menu items. For a great dining experience at fair prices, go to Pearl East.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Chinese Food!AngeliisDined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious! The menu could use a makeover to categorize your typical Chinese dished if that's what you're looking for...little hard to notice mixed in with specialty dishes. Loved the skinny noodles they start you off with. Everything was excellent! After many years it was nice to find a regular restaurant for delicious Chinese food in a pleasant setting. Can't wait to go back!!
- DeliciousFarnoDined on 8/14/2014Every dish we ordered was superb. Best hot and sour soup we ever tried, not the usual bland fare. The Mango Chicken was sublime, great flavors in a large portion of tender boneless chicken. Highly recommended restaurant, but the valet parking is crazy with all of the expensive cars being dropped off and all of the takeout pick ups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Gemsrk49VIPDined on 8/13/2014Lucky to have Pearl East so close to our house. Always delicious food, great service. Owner so friendly and helpful, always making sure all is well.
- Great Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014If you are a Chinese food lover then this is the restaurant for you.Special Features:
- Won't be backHaditDined on 8/2/2014The food was good. It always is. We were distracted tho by the noise level. Unbearable.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Pearl East reviews archive.
- LuvTodine54Dined on 7/14/2014A friend made the recommendation. Wanted to take clients out in their local area. This truly was the best Chinese food I have ever had and I have been all over the US , Canada and the world. presentation WAS BEAUTIFUL .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...bunnyluvsfoodDined on 7/6/2014We have food from Pearl East on my job all the time and have been there on several occasions with my family. Kathy is a most gracious hostess/owner (?). Food is delicious, service is very good, portions are just right. I've been there on a Friday or Saturday evening; they had live entertainment which was a nice touch, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here!!SUNNYDined on 7/5/2014Always enjoyable. Food delicious . Great friendly service. Parking valets very courteous and helpful to those who need .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingsabetDined on 7/4/2014sauteed snapper turned out to be deep fried with breading which everwhelmed the delicate fish. shrimp. same with shrimp roll with rice crepe guests at table next to us were given a hard time by waiter and manager re spiciness of dish she received no clear gluten free dishes, I had called in advanceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Chinese FoodLarryVIPDined on 7/3/2014Pearl East has superior Chinese Cuisine - best on Long Island. Make sure that you make a reservation.Special Features:
- ezasVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place is always good. The food isprepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 6/22/2014Great egg rolls, scallion pancakes, roast pork,spare ribs, all shrimp dishes,& fried rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chinese foodFRESAVIPDined on 6/19/2014Today, it is very difficult to find a really good Chinese restaurant. Most Chinese restaurants have gone Buffet. Some have gone fusion Asian where the menu has sushi, some Japanese (which is usually not good) Pearl East is indeed a PEARLSpecial Features:
- Attractive space, good foodMiddleOfTheRoadDinerDined on 6/15/2014Pearl East has a menu with good variety, and the Chinese and Japanese dishes are well-prepared, not the sloppy version that some American Chinese restaurants offer. The ambience is especially noteworthy -- there is ample space between tables, pleasant lighting and decoration, and low noise levels. The service (whether due to the kitchen or the waiter) was less pleasing, although "good". In that regard, I will mention that the dishes were not really served simultaneously, there was a longer than expected delay, and when pouring water or serving other items the waiter reached in front of some members of our party of five, instead of coming around to the place of the person being served. Our waiter was friendly.Special Features:
- Best Chinese Around!MaryDined on 6/14/2014Pearl East has by far he best Chinese food on Long Island! A favorite for years, this Manhasset staple is bustling and has maintained its phenomenal food for over 20 years! While reservations are honored, be aware that you might still have a wait, but oh is it ever worth it! Come early for special dishes as they do (sadly) run out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food small portions very noisyJerrySDined on 6/7/2014The food was good but the portions were much smaller than usual. Noisy babies should be removed from the dining room!Special Features:
- Best Chinese food on Long IslandMark4VIPDined on 6/1/2014All of the traditional Chinese dishes r excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodJFMMTMVIPDined on 5/18/2014Made my egg foo young to order. Liked the egg drop soup. Pork appetizer was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014The food was delicious. The spare ribs were melt off the bone great! Service was a little slow but then again it was Mother's Day and very busy. They gave us the wrong check but other than that, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only eat Chinese food here !LizaVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food is very fresh and Delious and would highly recommend trying pearl east. It is busy so I would make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestMark4VIPDined on 4/27/2014The only place to eat Chinese food on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.