231 E. Front Street
Missoula, MT 59802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pearlcafe.us/
- Phone: 4065410231x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM Stop seating after 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pearl Cash
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pearl Café
Chef-owned and operated, Pearl Cafe is an aptly named jewel of a restaurant serving regional cuisine with a country French accent. The massive beams and peach toned bricks of the historic warehouse provide a warm and inviting atmosphere. Specialties include bison with huckleberry-zinfandel sauce, duckling with dried cherries and pomegranate sauce and beef tenderloin with port and Roquefort. Fresh fish dishes change daily and local products are used whenever possible. The menu is rounded out with a variety of appetizers, soups and salads, house made bread and a list of sinfully delicious desserts. Custom wedding and special occasion cakes are produced in the bakery as well. The restaurant serves wine and beer, with a list of 15 wines by the glass, local draft beer, a broad selection of half bottles and over 100 full bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pearl Café - Best Restaurants in Missoula ›
Pearl Café reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (62)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (9)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A special nightHappyman1Dined on 8/25/2014The Pearl was the venue I chose to ask the most wonderful woman in the world to marry me. Everything was perfect. Oh, and she said...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missoula "Pearl"!scospreyDined on 8/22/2014I, my wife, and son had dinner here two nights ago. This was based on reviewing Yelp for the best restaurants in Missoula. The Pearl lived up to the reputation it earned on Yelp. My wife and son both very much enjoyed the main salmon entrees. I had the duckling. I'm a particular fan of duck/duckling. It was cooked right, and very enjoyable. It was pricey, but a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite MIssoula RestaurantTheDawgDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful ever changing menu....enjoy the variety and creativity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance reclaimedSatisfiedinerDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is in a restored building with old wood beams and exposed brick. The ambiance is great the perfect place for a leisurely dinner. The service and food are both sophisticated and pleasant. Parking is a breeze in the nearby city parking structure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodrcmtDined on 8/15/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. The best place in MissoulaSpecial Features:
- ftlkegfdDined on 8/11/2014We had a delicious seafood grill dish with scallops, shrimp & fish. The House Salad & bread were tasty too. A bottle of red wine and a lemon tart with berry sorbet topped off the dinner. The ambience and service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend this café with an exciting menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible fishmodaDined on 8/9/2014Very good food with the exception of the halibut entre. Halibut was rubbery, over cooked and tasteless. Price was $32. Should have been sent back to kitchen. Extraordinarily bad.
- Great dining experienceDebbieDined on 8/9/2014The Pearl is one of our favorite places to dine out in Missoula. Always good food and ambience! We both had the walnut encrusted prawns and they give you plenty of them along with a salad and a side...their mashed potatoes are the best I've had! Desserts are heavenly as well. Would definitely recommend the Pearl to anyone who wants a fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in MissoulaPDXPippiLongstockingsDined on 8/9/2014Our daughter heard about Pearl Café and wanted to go for her birthday dinner. So, okay. We were graciously greeted. Attentive, but not intrusive wait staff. Dined for 3 hours of wonderful conversation around the table; the staff always seemed to check on us when there was a slight lull in the conversation. Never felt rushed. FABULOUS food. We shared two appetizers and each had a different entre. Beautiful presentation; delightful tastes. Would love to do a 'Tapas' evening. Oh, and they claim sinfully delicious desserts; they aren't kidding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl's PearlBrityankDined on 8/8/2014A wonderful place to eat. My wife and I had dinner here on our first date in '06. Two nights ago, I took my son here while I was visiting from Washington state. I had the rabbit with red wine sauce -- divine. He had the fillet with green peppercorn/Dijon/brandy sauce -- sublime. I've eaten in French restaurants in New York, Montreal, Chicago and San Francisco. This beautiful little bistro in fussy little Missoula holds its own easily with those great dining venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut to die for!MaryODined on 8/8/2014We had the most amazing dinner to celebrate my 25th anniversary for work. I had the Halibut served with Polenta, my husband had the filet with port and roquefort - both were perfectly cooked and the flavors balanced. Service was attentive without being overdone. In all it was one of the best dinners I have had at the Pearl in years -- and that is saying a lot as it is one of our favorite restaurants. I highly recommend the Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missoula bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014Ate in several good places while in Montana but they did not compare to Pearl Cafe's fine dining in quality and creativity and attention to detail. Our hats off to hard working staff in kitchen as well as in dining room. Too bad we live too many staes away.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-concert dining place.livetoeatDined on 8/5/2014My son and I came to Missoula for the Paul McCartney concert and wanted a nice meal close to venue. We had eaten @ The Pearl previously and loved it, so it was an easy choice. Our waiter was courteous and prompt and the food was excellent! We were able to walk to stadium after and the timing was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative combinationsCabernetDined on 8/1/2014Excellent Alaskan halibut with carrot purée, wilted greens, rice, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town?Irrig8torDined on 7/31/2014Probably no. 1 or 2 in Missoula restaurants, rivaling the Red Bird in food preparation and quality. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousFoodCourtDined on 7/25/2014I'm always impressed by their food and wine. The pate is heavenly. I was hoping I wouldn't like the soup since I was already full from the page and a glass of Prosecco but the tomato soup with orange and fennel was fantastic. The duck was divine but I was too full to enjoy it. Next time, no app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swine among pearlsPiggishDined on 7/18/2014Excellent appetizers...varied entrees...we ate like pigs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The food and presentation were fantastic as usual. you cannot go wrong at the Pear Café.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealGlutenfreeFoodieDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went for dinner the night before the Missoula Marathon. I have Celiac Disease, so I am high-maintenance with my food ordering...strictly gluten-free. The friendly waiter didn't bat an eye and helped me pick out a soup and entree that were safe for me to eat and absolutely delicious. Wine selection was fantastic, as well. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous neighborhood findDavidDined on 7/10/2014When ever I am in Missoula on business or passing through for the night I never miss an opportunity to have dinner at Pearl Cafe. The is a true gastronomic gem in the heart of Missoula. The service and food have always been superb. An extensive wine list and many libations offered as well. Don't miss out....you won't regret a meal at Pearl Cafe!! Bon appetite!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Generally The Pearl lives up to its' reputation, but unfortunately my wife and I felt that this evening it did not. Our waiter was very reserved and minimal, seemingly not that approachable or friendly. Our appetizer was excellent, as well as the wine and cheesecake dessert, but our main course was nothing memorable. Perhaps we had too high of expectations for a special birthday dinner, or perhaps we didn't make the best choices for our main meal, but for the money spent, we would have liked our palettes to be a bit more wowed.Special Features:
- Consistently exceptionalluvtogooutDined on 7/3/2014The Pearl restaurant in Missoula provides a dining experience, not just a good place to eat. The food is thoughtfully prepared. The service is caring and attentive. The atmosphere homey and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We have lived in the area for over 10 years and this is our first visit. The dining experience was lovely, the food was perfectly prepared, and the service was spot on. From various assortments of seafood which is all prepared differently to a filet prepared to melt in your mouth perfection. The wine list is extensive and our server was knowledgeable and able to recommend a perfect red to pair with the filet.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinneronthetownDined on 6/26/2014Champagne cocktails, outstanding entrees and desserts, and a warm and friendly staff. Pearl is always a special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still fabulous!FoodieDined on 6/24/2014We found this restaurant a couple of years ago and loved it then. We live in London, England. When we knew we were coming to Missoula again we booked it from London. We were not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. Best restaurant in the Rockies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulADined on 6/23/2014My boyfriend cleaned not only his plate, but mine as well. Delicious food and our server was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!luv2dineDined on 6/20/2014This place was a wonderful experience. The minute you walk in your greated and the environment of the restaurant was elegant and relaxing. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. The food was superb; everything we had was the perfect blend of seasonings, cooked just right, and presented very nicely. It was so good I didn't want it to be gone. Definitely a place I would go to again and recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014We often choose the Pearl for special occasions. Our latest visit was as exceptional as in the past. Two things hardly worth quibbling over - the server got pretty busy in our section and was probably less attentive then even she wanted to be and the tables upstairs are a little close together for very private conversation. Our dinners were excellent. Price is high but in line with the quality of the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LongtimefanDined on 6/13/2014The halibut was awesome. The green salad with ranch dressing and ceasar salad were delicious. The trout-crab was fair. The chocolate mousse and decaf coffee were superb. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place.SylvanfoodloverDined on 6/12/2014Fine food and wine is the emphasis with quiet ambiance of fine French bistros. Food is outstanding using fresh local ingredients. Have been many times and never disappointed.Special Features:
- great place for special occasionsluveatinggudDined on 6/3/2014Great food and service. ...upper end on price range but very nice place. ... you will be well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFeedbagdaddyDined on 6/2/2014The Pearl Cafe's food is just ok, maybe more seasoning, it just lacks in flavor. My partner had the fillet with a port reduction and roguefort. The fillet was cut too thin and was grisly, and way too much of the sauce. Average by any means. I had the halibut special, and that was just average in flavor. We also ordered their asparagus soup, which was also bland. Season your food!!Special Features:
- Not necessarily a PearlFatfoodguyDined on 5/27/2014I enjoyed my food for the most part but overall this restaurant failed to live up to the hype I had heard about it. My salad was very good but my main entree was fairly bland and flavorless except for a balsamic reduction that was cloyingly sweet. My dessert was fine but left much to be desired. I ordered German chocolate cake that was entirely deconstructed the cake was crumbly and not held together well the "frosting" was more like a caramel sauce with way too many pecans in it and the spun sugar accent was impossible to eat since it was rock hard. The service was excellent but overall the price for the quality of the food received was just not what it should have been.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014My wife had the fillet with port and Roquefort. Steak was cooked well and flavorful. I had the seafood stew. Broth was good, seafood was not great and the mussels smelled like a barnyard. This is from someone that usually loves mussels.
- Amazing food and service.puppylvDined on 5/24/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. The house made sour dough bread was amazing! The wait staff was amazingly attentive yet not in the way at all. Fresh greens with a light vinagrette, perfectly cooked filet with tender vegetables. We were very impressed and will be back.Special Features:
- A night at PearlNightoutatPearlDined on 5/23/2014We came to Missoula from Helena on business. We have been at Pearl probably 8 times. This Friday evening was stellar. I had escargot with a cheese sauce (excellent). I also had the Traditional Fillete Mignon (perfect). The entire affair was superb!! We love Pearl and will come again. Cheers, Gerald F. ShieldsSpecial Features:
- PeachgirlspeachgirlsDined on 5/23/2014Pearls is always a great place to have dinner. We go there for special occasions because the ambiance and food are so extraordinary!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceChloesantafeDined on 5/20/2014We just spent a month in Santa Fe NM then came here for our best meal in 5 weeks. What a surprise!. The chacuterie plate was superb and the duck was fabulous. Pearl is well worth a detour. And the city is very attractive too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014It was a great experience for a special occasion!!! We enjoyed it very much. It was a little expensive, but the ambience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!HebgenDined on 5/17/2014Every part of the experience was an "ooh", "awe", or "hmmmm" moment! Food was exceptional in taste, with good variety on the menu. Lovely setting and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.