231 E. Front Street
Missoula, MT 59802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pearlcafe.us/
- Phone: (406) 541-0231
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM Stop seating after 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pearl Cash
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pearl Café
Chef-owned and operated, Pearl Cafe is an aptly named jewel of a restaurant serving regional cuisine with a country French accent. The massive beams and peach toned bricks of the historic warehouse provide a warm and inviting atmosphere. Specialties include bison with huckleberry-zinfandel sauce, duckling with dried cherries and pomegranate sauce and beef tenderloin with port and Roquefort. Fresh fish dishes change daily and local products are used whenever possible. The menu is rounded out with a variety of appetizers, soups and salads, house made bread and a list of sinfully delicious desserts. Custom wedding and special occasion cakes are produced in the bakery as well. The restaurant serves wine and beer, with a list of 15 wines by the glass, local draft beer, a broad selection of half bottles and over 100 full bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pearl Café - Best Restaurants in Missoula ›
Pearl Café reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (61)fit for foodies (51)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (9)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great as usualRichVIPDined on 11/13/2014great service, great food. Great staff. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceSheilaDined on 11/8/2014Very charming restaurant. Good food and wine. Recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Perfect foodTommy2Dined on 11/7/2014Nothing served comes out of a box, which lends to some of the best local food. The steak is served exactly the way it's ordered, arriving tender and fat free. The appatiser list didn't inspire me to order anything but deserts I could not pass up. My only complaint is the volume of wine served in the glass. That's a very minor thing in the overall experience. P.S. Try to get a table on the second floor for a more intimate dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Our FavoritegershepdDined on 11/1/2014We've been going to the Pearl for many years and have always enjoyed being there. The planets must have been in alignment during our recent visit because everything seemed especially outstanding. The server was exceptional, the food was presented well and tasted great and the wine was exceptional. Pearl was, as always, gracious and friendly. It was a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Experiencenative2missoulaDined on 10/29/2014This was a work-related dinner. The guests who were from out of town said this was their favorite restaurant on their entire trip. The Bison Steak was amazing....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Fantastic!dinelocalMTDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I love dining at The Pearl. We always take out of town guest and recommend it as one of our top three favorite restaurants in Missoula. The food and service are consistently fantastic and the atmosphere is simply lovely. My favorite is to get one of the few outside table in the summer...it's my little Paris in Missoula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty much perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had a party of five, and everybody's food was outstanding. The waiter was knowledgeable & efficient. The only negative was my shrimp entree was overcooked. (I hate to mention it as everything else was so good.) I'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't prepared to be this wowed!PickyPaletteDined on 10/23/2014Have heard about The Pearl for years. I live out of town, so first opportunity. Will bring my husband next time. So romantic and food was superb.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerAliceNDined on 10/20/2014We chose The Pearl for our anniversary celebration and it didn't disappoint. We dined upstairs with few other diners so it was nice and quiet. The service was efficient but felt a bit condescending. The food was excellent and presentation was lovely. All in all a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and atmosphereChapDined on 10/18/2014My son and I had a great meals here - we ordered a little out of our norm by getting the rabbit and the trout but it was highly recommended. It was great but I think we were both in the steak mood. If you love your food with interesting sides and great sauces, this is the place. The scallop app was great and the service absolutely perfect! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGUMMomDined on 10/18/2014We found this little gem almost by accident, after thinking there was just no excellent non-pub restaraunts in Missoula. Ambiance was incredible. Wooden beams, wrought iron railings, felt like a Parisian bistro. Service was excellent. Food was outstanding. The smoked trout appetizer was so good. There were proteins that are not typical on the menu. My husband had rabbit that he loved. My daughter had a mushroom crepe that melted in her mouth. And I had halibut with a delicate olive tamponade and roasted Brussels sprouts. Yum! Portions were moderate, similar to European restaraunts. But nobody went hungry. The house wine was excellent. Deserts were also off the chart delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality Going Down - StagnantPAJReviewDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at the Pearl many times over the years, and it is one of our favorites - atmosphere. This last visit, October 18th, the food quality seemed average and service was sporadic. For $40, the filet is not special, the rice is bland, and the broccoli is uninspiring. My wife and I both noticed that given how small the portions, and we get the fact the Pearl is focusing on French cuisine, etc., these dishes are not very satisfying. Ending on a high note, desert was amazing. We are hoping the Pearl will re-examine some of these dishes and really try and improve the quality of the food and consistency in service. Again, my steak, for example, was so mediocre I needed to get some steak sauce to make it interesting.Special Features:
- Reminds me of Ratatouille!BeagleDined on 10/15/2014This is a very romantic restaurant with fine food to round out a perfect evening. Our favorite spot for Anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Pearls is a very special place. Missoula Montana is lucky to have this quality of a restaurant. We have been there many time's with larger groups and just the two of us and it is always excellent food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysfoodiewannabeDined on 10/10/2014From the mushroom/escargots appetizer to the plum sorbet, everything was perfect. The green salad was delicately and perfectly dressed. Wine pairings as recommended by the server were excellent. Service was attentive and discreet, never intrusive. There are enough servers and bussers to make everything flow smoothly and unobtrusively. All in all, a relaxing and indulgent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoritepickyeaterDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful! Lovely atmosphere, world-class cusine, fabulous service. Is it it high-end Paris or Missoula, Montana?! Add to that great value for your money. A labor of love from restaurant owner/chef, Pearl Cash. Lucky us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My personal favoriteLovegoodfoodDined on 10/7/2014The Pearl is and has been for quite some time, my favorite restaurant in Missoula. Great food, fabulous service, lovely ambiance. I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencediscriminatingtasteDined on 10/4/2014The Pearl never fails to provide an exceptional dining experience. The food, atmosphere, and service are consistently the best Missoula fine dining has to offer. It is always my first choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem in Missoula MTCraigDined on 9/29/2014We have dines here multiple times and NEVER been disappointed. The food, service, servers and ambiance is top rate. I'd feel like it was New York City at it's best.Special Features:
- The Pearl Cafe is just that!666mafia1in1the1mountainsDined on 9/22/2014Nice quiet place with great food and good wine. Moderate price. Good service. I would eat here frequently if I lived in Missoula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BasilLoveDined on 9/12/2014The French Onion soup was the best. The broth alone was heavenly. Loved the sourdough bread. A perfect salad. Filet mignon with the port wine sauce was delicious. Everything was divine. And the red blend wine was just right. Everyone was gracious and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food in MissoulaFoodfanDined on 9/11/2014It was a treat to visit The Pearl, particularly following several days of eating "national park food" in Glacier Park. The trout with crab meat was perfectly prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Great place! Would highly recommend it. Food, service-----everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Pearl Cafe was 5 *****'smaryDined on 9/6/2014We loved Pearl Cafe so much that we went back again! What a treasure it is, fabulous food, excellent service, and a must go to place!Special Features:
- Great!RichVIPDined on 9/4/2014Over the year hasn't gotten older, she and her restaurant have gotten better!! Ben is a great server...humble, kind and genuine! Thanks, Ben!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Special OccasionMickeySDined on 9/2/2014We selected the Pearl for our 47th Anniversary. Although the staff was not told in advance of our anniversary, we were seated at a corner table above the entrance atrium, which was much quieter and intimate than seating downstairs, almost like they knew why we were there. The presentation of our food, and guidance given by our waitress, was elegant and helpful, at the same time. The service was prompt, but not intrusive. One course flowed into the next. We were done in 1.5 hours, although we tried to drag it out as much as possible. We went for a walk by the river (1/2 block away) on a beautiful late summer evening. It was simply a PERFECT night. We highly recommend the Pearl for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special nightHappyman1Dined on 8/25/2014The Pearl was the venue I chose to ask the most wonderful woman in the world to marry me. Everything was perfect. Oh, and she said...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missoula "Pearl"!scospreyDined on 8/22/2014I, my wife, and son had dinner here two nights ago. This was based on reviewing Yelp for the best restaurants in Missoula. The Pearl lived up to the reputation it earned on Yelp. My wife and son both very much enjoyed the main salmon entrees. I had the duckling. I'm a particular fan of duck/duckling. It was cooked right, and very enjoyable. It was pricey, but a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite MIssoula RestaurantTheDawgDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful ever changing menu....enjoy the variety and creativity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance reclaimedSatisfiedinerDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is in a restored building with old wood beams and exposed brick. The ambiance is great the perfect place for a leisurely dinner. The service and food are both sophisticated and pleasant. Parking is a breeze in the nearby city parking structure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodrcmtDined on 8/15/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. The best place in MissoulaSpecial Features:
- ftlkegfdDined on 8/11/2014We had a delicious seafood grill dish with scallops, shrimp & fish. The House Salad & bread were tasty too. A bottle of red wine and a lemon tart with berry sorbet topped off the dinner. The ambience and service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend this café with an exciting menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible fishmodaDined on 8/9/2014Very good food with the exception of the halibut entre. Halibut was rubbery, over cooked and tasteless. Price was $32. Should have been sent back to kitchen. Extraordinarily bad.
- Great dining experienceDebbieDined on 8/9/2014The Pearl is one of our favorite places to dine out in Missoula. Always good food and ambience! We both had the walnut encrusted prawns and they give you plenty of them along with a salad and a side...their mashed potatoes are the best I've had! Desserts are heavenly as well. Would definitely recommend the Pearl to anyone who wants a fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in MissoulaPDXPippiLongstockingsDined on 8/9/2014Our daughter heard about Pearl Café and wanted to go for her birthday dinner. So, okay. We were graciously greeted. Attentive, but not intrusive wait staff. Dined for 3 hours of wonderful conversation around the table; the staff always seemed to check on us when there was a slight lull in the conversation. Never felt rushed. FABULOUS food. We shared two appetizers and each had a different entre. Beautiful presentation; delightful tastes. Would love to do a 'Tapas' evening. Oh, and they claim sinfully delicious desserts; they aren't kidding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl's PearlBrityankDined on 8/8/2014A wonderful place to eat. My wife and I had dinner here on our first date in '06. Two nights ago, I took my son here while I was visiting from Washington state. I had the rabbit with red wine sauce -- divine. He had the fillet with green peppercorn/Dijon/brandy sauce -- sublime. I've eaten in French restaurants in New York, Montreal, Chicago and San Francisco. This beautiful little bistro in fussy little Missoula holds its own easily with those great dining venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut to die for!MaryODined on 8/8/2014We had the most amazing dinner to celebrate my 25th anniversary for work. I had the Halibut served with Polenta, my husband had the filet with port and roquefort - both were perfectly cooked and the flavors balanced. Service was attentive without being overdone. In all it was one of the best dinners I have had at the Pearl in years -- and that is saying a lot as it is one of our favorite restaurants. I highly recommend the Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missoula bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014Ate in several good places while in Montana but they did not compare to Pearl Cafe's fine dining in quality and creativity and attention to detail. Our hats off to hard working staff in kitchen as well as in dining room. Too bad we live too many staes away.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-concert dining place.livetoeatDined on 8/5/2014My son and I came to Missoula for the Paul McCartney concert and wanted a nice meal close to venue. We had eaten @ The Pearl previously and loved it, so it was an easy choice. Our waiter was courteous and prompt and the food was excellent! We were able to walk to stadium after and the timing was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative combinationsCabernetDined on 8/1/2014Excellent Alaskan halibut with carrot purée, wilted greens, rice, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.