Peak Wood Fired Grille
6135 Luther Lane
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Peak Wood Fired Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peakgrille.com/
- Phone: 2143616984x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Hoffner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Peak Grille can cater any event. Please call for more information.
A word from Peak Wood Fired Grille
Peak Grille is a contemporary American grille featuring Fresh meats, fish and wood burning oven focaccia and pizza. We create daily specials all served in a new eclectic atmosphere which is friendly to all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Peak Wood Fired Grille - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Peak Wood Fired Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (14)special occasion (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OU-TX WeekendBooneDined on 10/11/2014We have been dining at this restaurant for the past 10 years. Last year the restaurant changed ownership and was re-named Peak Wood Grill. It is a delightful place to eat with a great menu made up of northern Italian dishes as well as a few great american dishes like the meatloaf. The owner will come by your table and check on you. Overall, a neat place to eat with great food and wine.Special Features:
- I'll go back ...BarryVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was my first time here. Good location, nice atmosphere and good food. Service was very good. I liked it well enough to go back and recommend to friends. There are several menu items I still want to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven performancedallaslunchDined on 10/6/2014I have eaten at Peak Wood Fire Grill several times in the last few months and the first three or four times were quite good. The warm lobster roll is excellent. Sandwiches and specials have also been good. Very reasonable beer prices. I had been very happy with this restaurant as a casual but reliable lunch option. This past visit sadly was a big disappointment. We had to ask four times for a glass of ice tea and again for refills. Service was very poor for the entire meal. Salads on this visit were also mediocre. Previously, I had been seated in a larger table which afforded some privacy of conversation. At this seating we were on top of neighbors on both sides which was very uncomfortable.
- Great Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We were greeted by the owner upon arrival. He and his staff did a great job making us feel welcome. We split the blackened tuna to begin with. Good flavor, would order again. I had the veal and it too was very good. Overall a very good experience.
- The right combinationFredeatsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great ambiance, friendly and capable service, excellent food. This place hits the right notes while being both a casual drop in spot and a special occasion dinner. Menu is diverse without being overly ambitious. Ask the host about the wines. Small list but carefully selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner on the sidewalkmeetandeatVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Met the chef and also owner both checking on our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger was meh, Fish Tacos fab!AnghoughVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband ordered a burger with potato salad. The burger was tasteless, and the gluten free bun very stale. However, he raved about the potato salad, so at least he had something enjoyable to eat. Now MY dish, the fish tacos, were outstanding and I found myself craving a bit more. One more taco? That would've been perfect! Enjoyed the wine selections. It's unusual to have a 50/50 meal. Maybe try again??
- Great Neighborhood PlaceNDFoodLoverDined on 9/13/2014This is a lovely, relaxing dining spot. We found it by accident and were very pleasantly surprised. The wasabi vinaigrette on my salad was great. I can't wait to return to try the pizzas and flatbreads. The chef/owner came out to meet us and he was a charmer. I hope the place does very well for him. We're excited to find a good, new place so close to home.Special Features:
- Overall good neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Good quality food. Reasonably priced. Service was good once food came to the table. It took a little longer than expected to get the food in the first place but not too bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great meal at Peak Wood Fired Grille and looking forward to going back. So glad to have this restaurant in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Nice DinningcarleatsDined on 8/30/2014Friendly staff, excellent food, excellent service a very good experience.
- Delicious lunchbonbonVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food here is fantastic! At lunch the chef was walking around the tables to make sure we all enjoyed our entries. we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighborhood spotBettc4401VIPDined on 8/20/2014Tasty specialities. Friendly service. Many regulars including me. Great wood fired pizza and salads as other entrees. If you are looking for innovation, this is not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful softshell crab dish, Very fresh. Service attentive. Lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBetsyVIPDined on 8/7/2014I loved Peak Wood Fired Grille. It is a very nice restaurant in a great location, and even though it was crowded on the night we went, the restaurant was not too loud. Our server was lovely, and had great recommendations for us. The chocolate cake was the best I have ever had. I look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceCCDFW1VIPDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful lunch and dinner spot! Menu has a great variety of delicious food. Hard to chose! Have had several wonderful meals which have been normal portions and cooked very well. Service is great and entertaining!Special Features:
- Wonderful find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Second time eating here. First time came in with family in evening. The staff was incredibly welcoming, right down to the owner that was hosting that night. I wasn't sure if it would work out since we dropped in with our four kids. They sat us at a large table and delighted us. Gave it a try another day for a business lunch. The environment, food and service was a great complement to our conversation. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet up with the galsGlomDined on 7/29/2014We were looking for a centrally located restaurant that none of us had tried before, but that was quiet enough that we could catch up with each others lives. This is a gem as the food and atmosphere are wonderful. The Exec Chef was out checking on things very often as well. We will surely be back.Special Features:
- FRIDAY NIGHT OUTINGGoodgirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014So nice to have such a wonderful restaurant in the neighborhood. Terrific menu. Great service. Great food.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!!TwineVIPDined on 7/25/2014Once again, we had a great dinner at Peak Grille! The food and service were both AMAZING!! The owner, Mike Johnson, and Chef, Scott Hoffner, do a fantastic job of greeting the guests and checking in on them while guests are eating. Very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eattoliveDined on 7/22/2014First time to visit Peak and really enjoyed it. Staff and servers very friendly and attentive but not so much that they interrupted your meal or chatting with friends. Food was very good and enjoyed by all. Restaurant was quiet enough where you could talk and not have to shout to have a conversation.Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Great food, great service, great ambience. Could actually have a quiet conversation at dinner. Light, bright, and airy.Special Features:
- Fired GrillBanjoVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was very attentive by all, the chef came out to everyone to verify the quality of food. The dessert was excellence.Special Features:
- Wonderful finddallasgalDined on 7/15/2014The food is outstanding and well presented. Their wasabi salad dressing is delicious and everyone in our group loved what they ordered. Service was attentive but not overly so. I highly recommend Peak.Special Features:
- great menuDallasdinerDined on 7/11/2014We really liked the menu selections at Peak. We will return soon to try other menu items. The food was really good and our waitress was very personable. I enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:
- great foodwonderfulVIPDined on 7/3/2014Everything was good. Good quality, straight forward dinners. We enjoyed all our meals. Service was friendly and quick.Special Features:
- The Hype Is Worthy!Tr3LADined on 6/27/2014Reserved a group dinner outing! Service was great. Incredible menu. Tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peak was the peak of the evening!chemfoodieDined on 6/24/2014We were intending to go to a more well-known place but they were crowded and, not wanting to wait, we went onto the phone and did an Open Table reservation for some nearby place we had never heard of: Peak Wood Fired Grille. The place was small and quiet, allowing for the conversations we were craving. The food was excellent. I had the trout and my friend had the meatloaf. Chef Hoffner came out and spoke to all the diners but was not obtrusive. We were able to leisurely enjoy both the food and the company. If I lived nearby, I would come here a lot!Special Features:
- The following 37 reviews are from the Peak Wood Fired Grille reviews archive.
- Dinner in DallasGoodonyamateDined on 6/21/2014Ambience was good, service also good. Executive chef stopped by the table, nice touch. Should have let him know the salmon portions were awfully small...seemed like they were running low and decided to cut a normal portion in half, then provided double helping of vegetables to fill the plate...another diner had salmon at my table and their portion was also small... Very well prepared, just a small portion...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, real food in fake dallasAlliwishisVIPDined on 6/14/2014So glad we took the chance on this restaurant. We went here after our daughters 6th birthday party. I had the trout with crab sauce, the wife had the tuna. Most importantly the key lime pie will take you to florida on the first bite. There owner greets you at the door and the food is great. Will be back often.Special Features:
- Price and product don't alignFoodiereviewDined on 6/2/2014The menu sounded good, but the over salted, saucy product was sub par. For the price we were regretful we could have gone to Al Biernats for exceptional food and atmosphere! We were not pleased and will not return. We are foodies and really enjoy new local places to support. Unfortunately, this one wont stay on the list.
- Simple menu with excellent foodJenaCassVIPDined on 5/16/2014Don't be fooled: The simple dish descriptions on the menu don't do the food at Peak Wood Fired Grille justice! The BBQ chicken skewers are served with a bed of field greens lightly dressed with wasabi vinegairette and the crab cakes are made with huge chunks of fresh meat. The owner is attentive and cares about the quality and image of the product his kitchen and staff deliver. Be sure to check the wine list! The owner rotates his wine cellar regularly and often has great wines at half-price in order to move the stock (we had $16 bottle of Malbec). I believe Monday is also a 1/2 price day. The restaurant is small, so you may be seated close to other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Very happy to have found this place! The food was outstanding! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Peak Wood is SuperbSmuStudent2016Dined on 5/2/2014To say the very least, I enjoyed my first outing at Peak Wood Fired Grille very much. The owner, Mike Johnson, was such a nice gentleman to us, and it was fun getting to know the guy running the show. The food was SPECTACULAR. I will say the portions were a little small, but caliber of the food was A+. I usually regret ordering Medium Rare in other restaurants, but they did it so well and I have to give the chef major props for that. There are two little oddities about the restaurant that give it character. 1) The space is very small, and so you might find yourself conversing with another customer a couple feet from you. 2) The guests seem pretty varied, and it breaks up the monotony of most upper class establishmentsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New kid in townFOODIEDined on 4/30/2014New restaurant in a popular, close in location. Service was good, wine list nice, and the crab cake, as recommended by our waitperson was very good.Special Features:
- Loved itAndreaDined on 4/19/2014We loved it and we will back. The menu is simple and unpretentious but has large variety and the food is very good. The chef and maitre de (sp?) biz partners are attentive, funny and fun.Special Features:
- Quite and Personal PlaceDenverDined on 4/18/2014This was a quiet and personal place to have lunch. The owner came over to our table to talk with the party we were with and the service was great. Food was good but I would come more for the service and ambiance more than anything. Customer service is everything to me so I would recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersPhilVIPDined on 4/12/2014We went with 2 other couples Saturday night and all had a great meal ! Crab Cake was really good, and the Veal Piccata was thin and delicious. We had all been there back in the Café Expresso days, but Peak exceeded all our expectations. Met the owner and chef, and told them we would all be back soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Hot Food, Once AgainiCfoodVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our second time at Peak. I had the burger which was very tasty. My wife had the steak again which she said was very good. I love that the food comes out very hot from the kitchen. It shows a high degree of attentiveness to preparation and execution in the kitchen. Because my wife had a special dietary request, the chef came by to make sure he fully understood her needs. That's service! We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindIggyloverDined on 4/5/2014We love Peak. The owner and his staff are incredibly welcoming. The wine list was very nice and reasonably priced. I tasted the caesar, the luther salad and the beet salad and they were all great. Our table had a variety of seafood entrees and everyone was thrilled. It overall was a great experience and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.