Peacock Restaurant & Lounge at The Inn at 202 Dover
202 East Dover Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Peacock Restaurant & Lounge at The Inn at 202 Dover
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.innat202dover.com/
- Phone: 4108198007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:30pm
Special dinner parties and luncheons upon request.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Potts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to discuss your particular requirements and provide you with cuisine that will be quite memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Our conservatory is designed for small private parties, up to twelve diners. We are happy to prepare a sampling of cuisine or create a special menu for your private function. We have provided small parties for doctors, executive committee meetings, board of director meetings, strategic planning meetings, pharmaceutical companies, attorneys, rehearsal dinners, bridal teas, baby showers...just about anything you think of.
- Private Party Contact: Ron or Shelby 410 819-8007
- Special Events: We have special wine dinners approximately 6 times a year. Our chef prepares a special 5 course dinner to compliment the selected wines and a representative from the vineyard or wine distributor talk about the wines and the pairings.
A word from Peacock Restaurant & Lounge at The Inn at 202 Dover
The Peacock Restaurant & Lounge is located in the Inn at 202 Dover, selected by American Express, Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine as Best Inn in America and named by Maryland Life Magazine as the "Buckingham Palace of inns." We offer casual yet a fine dining experience. Selected as Top 11 Romantic Restaurant in America. AAA 4 Diamond. Our guests remark that dining at the Peacock is more like dining at a friend's home than a typical restaurant. You will probably be welcomed by one of the owners, Shelby or Ron, offered an opportunity to start your experience with a cocktail or glass of wine in our lounge or, if you prefer, be seated upon arrival. Executive Chef Douglas Potts brings a classical flair to the freshest local ingredients since he was raised on the Eastern Shore. The Eastern Shore is teaming with extraordinary bounty and we present it to you with a sense of pride. We look forward to having you dine with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peacock Restaurant & Lounge at The Inn at 202 Dover reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WonderfulPleasedCustomerDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been here several times and we have always had a perfect meal served by a wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely GemJerseyKVIPDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is just lovely. The softshell crab appetizer is a must. Attentive service, nostalgic ambiance, and creative dishes make this place a must. Mango sorbet dessert with cake wrapped in white chocolate? OMG!Special Features:
- Peacock RestaurantvegandinerDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed dining at the Peacock Restaurant, a short walk down the stairs from our beautiful room at the Inn at 202 Dover. The Inn and the restaurant are beautifully decorated while also maintaining the old world appeal of the original home. The restaurant is very quiet and romantic, yet incredibly comfortable without feeling 'stuffy'. We enjoyed a unique vodka flight, with many choices of vodkas served in chilled special flutes for vodka. We ordered a bottle of wine, that we were able to take away with us when we did not finish it. I am a vegan and they were able to create a 3 course vegan meal that was delicious and satisfying.Special Features:
- Outstanding!TheAbroscatsDined on 8/30/2014We made last minute reservations and happy we did. The food & service was excellent. The Owner Ron was very personable and showed us arond the Inn which is always a great feeling.Special Features:
- SurpriseAlexaDined on 8/30/2014It had been a long time since I had dined at peacock. It will not be so long again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy innKateVIPDined on 8/7/2014Dining experience did not meet expectations. Appetizers were best part of meal (Foie gras torchons) -- although would have preferred seared foie gras). Other choices looked intriguing. My scallops had grit, which was denied by kitchen.The avocado in this dish did not work (cooked) and the lump crab was a bit lost. Michael's veal was good but not notable. Espesso ice cream was good. We enjoyed ambience and our lovely Ukrainian waitress, Iryina. Menu correctly focuses on limited number of items, which should allow them to excel at each item. Wine list is set up to help diners match choices to meals.Special Features:
- Perfect for Special Occasions!love2eatDined on 8/2/2014For my husband and me, Peacock Restaurant at the Inn at 202 Dover is the go-to spot for celebrating a special milestone birthday or anniversary in Easton. Housed in a beautiful Victorian home turned B&B in a lovely tree-lined neighborhood, the restaurant features a conservatory room that provides a perfect private room for a birthday or other celebration. The Conservatory opens onto a pretty little private garden that is just right for outdoor drinks and hors d'oeuvres before the meal. And the food never disappoints. The menu included appealing options for all 13 of us - including several vegetarians and gluten free-ers. All in all - highly recommended for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PointBonDiDined on 8/2/2014Couldn't have been at a more gracious spot to celebrate our 53rd wedding anniversary. Excellent food, fine service and welcoming owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014We were the only 2 patrons in the restaurant that evening - the silence was almost eery. But what a magnificent place! The dining rooms are nothing short of grand with beautiful, period antiques, and gorgeous table settings. Contrast this extravagance with a very limited menu - 4 appetizers, 4 entrees & no specials! Given the kitchen's reputation and the prices, we expected first rate. Not so! One example: the rack of lamb was cooked med rare, not rare as requested. And there were no extras - not even a mint after dinner. We had read and heard that the chef &/or owner visits each table - surprisingly, that never happened. Although Irina our server was most gracious, warm, and accommodating, the overall dining experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Elegant and sophisticatedshor3dinnerDined on 7/5/2014This is our first time at this restaurant. We we enjoyed our food very much. It's an elegant and sophisticated restaurant where you may go for special occasion or romantic. Also is in a very nice location and parking is available in the front of restaurant. Everyone in our family of three loved the food, tasted fresh and delicious. Prices are good for the services you get. We will come back to this restaurant for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!DCfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Dined at the Peacock Restaurant and Lounge on 6/28, can't say enough good things about the experience. The service and ambience were great, and the food was amazing. Best crab cakes I've ever had. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for special celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014The food, wine and ambiance was spectacular. Attentive service, dinner prepared to perfection w/ special tastes throughout the evening. Our only disappointment is that we had not planned to book one of the elegantly appointed bedroom suites. Truly a special evening to remember and a local treasure to experience. Perfect for the most discerning guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Peacock Restaurant & Lounge at The Inn at 202 Dover reviews archive.
- Absolutely exceptional experienceRdJ1Dined on 4/24/2014Everything -- ambiance, drinks, food, service -- was absolutely exceptional, one of the most memorable meal experiences my wife and I have ever enjoyed. Be sure to have your drinks and dessert/coffee in the luxurious lounge room before and after dinner in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night at a Special PlaceTrishVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food was superb and we were well taken care of by the owner and the wait staff. Perhaps the best beef tenderloin I've had, with house-made Worcestershire sauce--perfect tang to enhance the marbled, tender beef. The pork tenderloin was outstanding, too. The owner maintains an interesting wine list across different price categories. He told us about a wonderful Cab Franc from Walla Walla, WA, and we were so pleased to have invested a bit more than usual for our special evening. We're planning to order directly from the vineyard now. The less expensive Alexander Valley Cabernet was actually $3.00 cheaper here at the Peacock than at the Robert Morris Inn in Oxford.Special Features:
- Gracious DiningabegweitDined on 4/5/2014What a wonderful setting! The owners seem to have spared no expense to refurbish what was once a rundown old multi-resident, in town tired building. It looks like they got their money's worth. In addition to being a high end B&B/Inn the restaurant is very well run. Four of us had dinner recently and everyone enjoyed their meals. Luckily we were able to take advantage of "Talbot Dining Week" prices, which helped the budget. Peacock Restaurant is a special occasion destination, whether for Brunch, Afternoon Tea, or for Dinner. The competition in Easton for fine dining and great food has certainly heated up over the last few years, and Peacock is one of the top 3 destinations in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014The service was great! our server and the busser girls were very kind and attentive, and with a great service attitude, their presentation was impeccable. Congratulations! those are qualities that I are hard to find in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2014The food was excellent! The ambiance outstanding and the service was Impeccable! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingUltracsicVIPDined on 3/8/2014We drove 1 1/2 hrs on a Saturday for 1000 points. Also the reviews looked good. The meal and the ambience were outstanding. I had the Osso Bucco that was delicious and just fell off the bone. My wife had the crab cakes ...also excellent.. So, we were invited back on Monday for a six course gourmet meal and wine pairing. It was a memorable evening. The food and wine pairings were perfect and well thought out. The presentation was full of imagination and cleverness. Two top chefs trying to out do each other. Should be worthy of an article in food and wine magazine. We did plan to stay at the inn and it couldn't have been nicer. The owners were very hospitable and we felt at home. We ended up paying more than we thought, but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the best.5july1937VIPDined on 2/15/2014We've eaten her over 10 times in 4 years, only because it's a wonderful restaurant, as I have rated above. Very consistent with gourmet quality food. Ample servings but not overwhelming portions. The restaurant is the first floor of a beautifully decorated posh style Victorian B & B. The chef's work is outstanding and the service hits the spot. You won't be disappointed. Go there !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceWWWWDined on 2/14/2014Food portions were delicious but small and overpricedSpecial Features:
- Lost in the TranslationRegularGuestDined on 2/14/2014Peacock was special event venue for us. The ambience we experience in our initial visit was fantastic. The owner gave us a guided tour of the B&B and walked us through the renovation of the historic house. Service was attentive and the food was excellent. For Valentines Day we visited the Peacock again. The physical environment was everything we recalled. Service was extremely slow (15 minutes to get menus and get drinks ordered) and our server was unable to answer basic questions about the entres (does it come with potatoes or rice..) The prefix menu was on the expensive side ($60) and the food was good at best. With such as limited menu, better preparation was expected. We will not return.
- very dissapointedAnnieDined on 2/14/2014The setting is beautiful, but the bar tender didn't know what a Bellini is, the service was very slow (but very nice), I got a fork placed on my right, and we were asked twice what our reservation name was, and one table got all the attention from someone who looked like a manager or owner. I would say that a lot of staff training is needed. The wait staff was very nice, but seemed way out of their depth. Not a smoothly run place. Food is good enough.
- Fabulous food. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Fabulous food. Excellent service. Beautiful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic???1210VIPDined on 2/7/2014We were excited about dining at the Peacock Restaurant for my wife's birthday as the Open Table reviews were spectacular. After dining there I had to go back to see if I had the right restaurant as our experience was so different from what we had read. We were in a room with bright lights, fake flowers, no music and for the life of us could not see how anyone would interpret this as romantic. As I was examining the wine list a server plopped down a card which was the menu and said that looking at it might assist with selecting a wine. The menu was quite limited which is not necessarily a problem but when I asked what came with one of the entrees I was told "some kind of vegetables." That sort of sums up our experience. I could go on...
- Wonderful experience! ServiceDennisDined on 2/1/2014Wonderful experience! Service is very professional and comfortable - attentive yet not in the way. Food was creative and plated very well. Enjoyed the duck and pear salad and the wild boat entree in particular. Will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner appreciationLolly371Dined on 12/31/2013Your restaurant works very much at providing a great atmosphere. We had a two person table among large parties and when we asked to have our table moved toward the back near the conservatory, we were quickly accommodated. Great food, and we enjoyed meeting the owner. Our wishes for a great 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!QuilterDined on 12/23/2013We had a first class dinner, beautifully prepared that delighted all our senses. The inn is beautiful! the service is first class and the food was delicious,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!MichellVIPDined on 12/12/2013We absolutely LOVE Peacock Restaurant! It is a wonderful dining experience! The wait staff is impeccable, the chef is amazing, and the ambiance is delightful! I highly recommend you make a reservation today! Once you do, you will be hooked and will keep going back! A definite golden find! Every meal we have had here has been an explosion of flavor for all of the taste buds in your mouth. The chef has a way of reaching the depths of flavor that you didn't know existed! We love the beautifully restored home which has interesting decor which delights the eye. A must try for any foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 12/6/2013Driving to Easton through a rainy fall evening in heavy traffic is a pretty stressful way to go out for dinner, but all that is gone when you enter the Inn, a beautiful mansion in the heart of historic Easton. The decor is elegant and tasteful, and the Peacock Restaurant makes you feel you've been invited to dine with local gentry, refined yet in no way stuck up. From the first bite of my oyster bisque and salad I knew this was a winner, and the rockfish main course was equally well prepared and presented. My companion greatly enjoyed her leek velouté with roasted chicken and duck breast main course, and we topped things off with delicious home-made ice cream. Truth be told, a little pricier than Open Table indicated, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationRetiredDined on 11/21/2013Delicious food and excellent service. Celebrated anniversary with friends. The poached Maine Lobster dish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceNatCDined on 11/15/2013We enjoyed our meal so much that we ate here again the following night. It was definitely one of the best meals we've ever had and we come from NYC where you can have anything. We frequent different restaurants often and are happy to pay the price for an excellent meal like the one you will find at Peacock. The menu is creative and presentation is beautiful and appetizing. The flavor is phenomenal. The service is outstanding, they are very attentive. We couldn't find one thing we didn't like about this establishment. The oyster soup is an absolute must. We were equally impressed with a NY strip special (cooked perfectly) and the duck. If I were to even pass through Maryland again I would make my schedule fit in a stop at the Peacock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Charm of EastonrichVIPDined on 11/14/2013Both of our meals were out of this world. The Beet Salad was a work of art. Plus, it tasted as good as it looked. The servers were friendly and the decor brought you back to more formal era. It was classy without being stuffy. Can't wait to return when in Easton.Special Features:
- What a find for a special evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2013We happened upon Peacock (thanks to Open Table) and were thrilled to find the excellent reviews were all well-founded. A small but interesting menu - very seasonal with duck and wild boar, both delicious - was supplemented by some great sounding specials. The owner guided us to the perfect bottle of wine to accompany our meal. The enclosed porch is a beautiful setting. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the service attentive, knowledgeable and not intrusive. After dinner we retired to the lounge - we didn't want to leave and the owner was happy for us to linger and savor the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff, menu and food wasnasmDined on 11/8/2013The staff, menu and food was above expectations. This is a unique place, and truly a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely & Outstanding PlaceSusanSalemDined on 10/5/2013We stayed at the Inn at 202 Dover and had Saturday night dinner at the Peacock Restaurant, which is inside the Inn. It was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food fit for royaltyMommaODined on 10/4/2013Really delicious meal. Such wonderful and unexpected combination of flavors. The menu changes with the seasons and we were there in October. My husband got the wild boar and it was delicious. I got lobster with garlic pumpkin which was also divine. The wine list was full. The no-flour chocolate cake and creme breule for desert was wonderful. The service was attentive but not overbearing. The owner stopped by the table to ensure we were happy..... which we were. The ambience is elegant but comfortable. I highly recommend The Peacock at The Inn at 202 Dover.Special Features:
- A beautiful space for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/30/2013A beautiful space for dining at the Inn at 202 Dover. Although a large party was dining at the same time, they were accommodated in a separate room and we did not hear them. The service was friendly and the food outstanding. The menu is not extensive which allows an attention to detail not found in most restaurants. Each of the dishes we tried was delicious, balanced and beautifully presented. I highly recommend the fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner, as well asLynnDined on 8/29/2013Perfect dinner, as well as service, presentation and delightful host. It was a wonderful way to end our vacation, and would highly recommend this restaurant. We are from the NYC area and this Easton restaurant is as outstanding as any we have gone to in Manhattan---but a much better value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2013The Peacock Restaurant is perfection. The ambience is beautiful, the staff is more than attentive and the food is absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/16/2013Outstanding in every way. A special treat was the vodka assortment. The food was superb ... all of it. Go! You will love it. And even better, stay at the Inn. An absolute treat and great get-away from the insanity that is the Washington metro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.