Peacock Garden Cafe
2889 Mc Farlane Rd
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Peacock Garden Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peacockspot.com/
- Phone: 3057743332x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Brunch : Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar del Rivero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Jazz on the Green Fridays and Saturdays 7-10:30pm - Take a break from the Miami scene and experience a live jazz band playing on our beautiful open garden while enjoying our three course prix fixe menu ($33 per person not including tax or gratuity) including mussels, tuna, calamari or lamb and paired with a glass of sparkling wine and our friendly staff ready to spoil you.
A word from Peacock Garden Cafe
Sometime about 1870, the Peacock family looked for the perfect spot to plant their roots. They discovered it in what came to be the village of Coconut Grove. Now, nearly 130 years later, we're planting a verdant tropical garden on this very ground. The Peacock Garden Cafe is our vision of the quintessential Coconut Grove restaurant. We're perfect for a delicious meal, a quick snack or maybe just an aperitif or glass of Proseco in our beautiful garden. And why not? Our chefs craft only the best and freshest ingredients, adjacent parking is abundant and inexpensive, and our environment is lush and lovely.Continued
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Peacock Garden Cafe - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Peacock Garden Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (27)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (20)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dining with our Couple friends123456789Dined on 9/20/2014The Peacock Garden Cafe accommodated our party of 10. The restaurant's Miami Spice menu was delicious. Most of our friends ordered from the Miami Spice menu and were very satisfied with the meal. The group was overall impressed, with the noise level in the room. We were able to have conversation from one end of the table to the other, with light jazz band music in the background. Our servers were great! We definitely will return for brunch. Thank you for a great dinner! L. VasquezSpecial Features:
- We will be back50andFabulousDined on 9/13/2014We went for the Miami Spice menu. The food was very good. The service was excellent, and the restaurant is really nice. On Saturday evening they have a jazz band which makes the dinning experience even more enjoyable. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- dining alfresco park-like enviroSophieDDined on 9/13/2014we went to be able to eat outside & we were pleased to enjoy live jazz @ 7 pm. the menu is varied & robust. our waiter was great initially, then as he got busy, our service deteriorated. the food was good - but key elements were left off our order. overall it was a nice evening.Special Features:
- Memorable Outing Wonderful ambienceJJnEveDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful restaurant with wonderful scenery. Tables set properly so that you felt like you had your own private area in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peacock Cafe, dinner or breakfast!!MicomidaDined on 9/5/2014Our return visit to the Peacock Garden Cafe was as good as previous visits, dinner or breakfast, a most pleasurable dining experience, each time we chose outside tables. Maybe just lucky, but as Florida Natives we appreciated how comfortable we were in the outdoor atmosphere considering Florida's warm weather and the proximity to Main Highway in Coconut Grove. Beautiful landscaping and positioning of tables must contribute to comfort and lack of notice to the road traffic. The servers are very attentive and courteous, the food is well prepared and presentation excellent. The restaurant is clean and appealing, tropical, a little funky yet updated. We recently took advantage of the Miami Spice menu and highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Dining in a floral paradiseDannib413Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great time at Peacock Garden Cafe. The setting was perfect. It was like dining in a botanical garden. The trees, plans and flowers were beautiful. The service was great as well as the food. Would definitely go again. Notably important to me, there was no bug to swat away during dinner! No flies, no mosquitoes even in hot and humid Miami!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden Gem!BlinggalDined on 8/30/2014We love this place each time we go. Jazz on weekends is great. Only comment is that when there is a wedding or other event. it is really LOUD!!Special Features:
- Great Evening- great foodCathiDined on 8/30/2014We went for Miami Spice and will go back. I had been for brunch and loved it and was surprised dinner was Amazing too! Too warm to sit outside this time of year but it will get better after summer. Great Jazz music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very tastyarjveraDined on 8/22/2014My parents are from out of town and I brought them in for a nice dinner. We found fresh fish, excellent food, good drinks, nice people and manager and a jazz band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantmiamiwomanDined on 8/21/2014Tonight our service was excellent (sometimes it's a little slow). The dishes came out looking beautiful and tasting wonderful except for the pasta which was a little overcooked. Our party of 3 had blackened mahi mahi (excellent), mussels (excellent) and the angel hair pasta (would have been excellent if pasta wasn't overcooked). I'm going to call that a fluke -- I've had the angel hair pasta here many times before and it was always excellent. Drink and water refills are a little slow. Still, I'd highly recommend that Peacock Cafe. It's a tropical oasis in the city desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I loved the vibe of the restaurant especially sitting outside the decor was super cute. I just thought the food was ok nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful!LindaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent meal and ambience!! This was our first time at the restaurant and we will definitely return. Miami Spice meal was superb!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, HORRIBLE serviceDeedeeDined on 8/9/2014I dined here with my husband for the second time this past Saturday night. The first visit was at brunch and the service and food were great. We thought we'd come back for dinner since the place is so charming and romantic. We arrived for an early dinner and the place was virtually empty. All the outdoor tables needed to be set up and we were sat at a dirty table. We waited almost 10 minutes to be greeted by a waiter. My diner came out cold and when it was given back to me my steak went from medium rare to well done. The waiter never came back to check after. The manager bumped into me on my way to the restroom and did not say a thing. In fact we watched him just stand in the doorway without helping out our entire time. Avoid this placeSpecial Features:
- date nightpaulieDined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for a double date. We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peacock Garden CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My daughter and I went for lunch. We have been there before so this was a return visit. The Peacock Garden Cafe is beautiful and the food is very good. We had dishes from the Miami Spice menu. For appetizers she had a crab cake and and I had Proscuitto wrapped pears - both were very good -I loved the proscuitto with pears! Entrees were Asian salad w/chicken and steak with lettuce wedge and peppercorn dressing. Both were enjoyable and ample potions. There were a number of dessert options but we both chose sorbet which topped off the meal quite nicely. I had a Cosmo which was very good and she had a mixed berry champagne drink, can't remember the exact name, that came in a mason jar, it was tasty and quite different. A lovely experience!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchLectaDined on 8/5/2014Miami spice can be very hit or miss. This place was a definite hit! Loved it. The food was delicious, and the restaurant was so adorable. We will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Peacock Garden Café was a very nice and pleasant surprise. Very attentive service, good food, good music, all in all very nice. The only additional comment, but of a more personal nature, is that if you do not smoke, and would prefer seating outside, look first at the tables close to where you intend to seat. Outside smoking is permitted and therefore you may end up seating close to a smoking person.Special Features:
- $200 meal fiasco!!!OpenmindedDined on 8/2/2014We went to have a nice quiet dinner to celebrate my friends 35th anniversary. When we sat down there was jazz music playing and it was lovely. But then a wedding was going on in the room which is part of the restaurant and it was so loud and noisy I couldn't hear a thing it was horrible!!!!! Jazz music to the left and a loud band to my right. To top it off we had the worst waitress ever. We were eating appetizers and they brought out one dinner. We send it back when we all had our meal she got the same steak ice cold. Sent it back got a new one but was blood red had to sends it back again to get medium.Brought out drinks and forgot one. It was one thing after another Manager sent over dessert. That didn't help with the $200 meal fiasco.
- Wonderful dining experience!KyouDined on 8/1/2014The staff was very attentive and polite. The food was delicious, and especially great if you love seafood. The ambience is wonderful and there was a live jazz band playing on Friday night which really added to the pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicemiamiwomanDined on 7/29/2014very nice restaurant, with good service and great food. it was very hot the night we went and we sat outdoors. They had a big fan blowing. It was cool enough and no mosquitoes! The waiter could have been a little more attentive, but overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peacock Garden Cafe ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good as well. My only complaint was that we were sitting outside and there were several people smoking which we were not aware of when we chose to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu! Great food!BlinggalDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Peacock Garden many times since it opened. Always a wonderful experience and ambiance. On weekends, Jazz starts at 7:30 in the garden. The new menu is superb! We had the lobster mango salad and seafood casserole in coconut milk. Both were outstanding as was the friendly and attentive service.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningcdravi10748Dined on 7/12/2014We take out of town friends to the Peacock Garden Cafe because we know we will get well prepared food at a decent price plus we love sitting outside in the garden .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodandmusicDined on 7/11/2014We have eaten at the restaurant once before, and truly enjoyed our evening. We selected it partly for the food, partly for the garden ambience and partly for the live jazz. We were not disappointed on any point. The staff are great, friendly, helpful and leave you to get on with your dining and talking or listening the live music. We have recommended this restaurant to anyone we know who might be traveling to Miami.Special Features:
- A lovely surprise!SpgesqDined on 7/10/2014I went to Peacock Café for both Sunday brunch and a weekday dinner. It is a hidden gem in Coconut Grove and eating either indoors or out on the tree laden patio is lovely. The menu has a great variety of offerings and our meals were delicious. Expect to wait on the weekends for brunch, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with beautiful viewhar123Dined on 7/4/2014This was our first visit. We would advise that reservations are made via Open Table. A very popular place due to the beautiful trees and gardens in view inside and out. Food very good. Appetizers were very very good. Our entrees were done to perfection and very tasty. Unfortunately, I wrote a much longer review but Open Table does not afford lengthy reviews. The fish was excellent as was the skirt steak. On minuses- bus staff in great hurry to remove dishes between courses. Timing of courses was a bit hurried. Though interestingly you are hurried in and out. We did not feel rushed per se. Our waiter was excellent. We will return to this charming place with good food.Special Features:
- maggie9294Dined on 6/28/2014We spent an enjoyable evening in the restaurant's lovely garden. The food was good but our waitress was rather inattentive.Special Features:
- Very Romantic & Very Coconut Grove!SugarandSpiceDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I absolutely LOVED our experience at the Peacock Garden! Dining outside in the gardens with the natural beauty of the S. FL greenery, the dim lights strung above, and the amazing jazz band could not have been more characteristic of coconut grove...and could not have been more romantic on a Friday night! We are also foodies and though the menu had apparently just changed from what we saw online, we were still very pleased. Overall dining experience... bellissimo!Special Features:
- grove findgpinpgDined on 6/23/2014Quiet, good food just a little pricey for the dining experience. Wait staff was knowledgeable and provided needed service without being intrusive. Pork was a little over cooked but had excellent flavor, cocktails were weak but again served quickly. Dessert was excellent. We would recommend this restaurant to families and couples, it is large enough to handle large groups. A quick tour of the restaurant provides some excellent old photos of the grove during its early years.Special Features:
- Raw Chicken/Rude WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We decided to visit Peacock Cafe after a movie night with the kids. I have eaten here before for lunch and loved the food. Our waiter Patricio looked like he was obviously not happy about being at work and was thoroughly annoyed at the thought of being a waiter. We placed our order and our daughter's chicken arrived raw! When we let Patricio know, he never apologized or said anything about the problem instead appeared annoyed that we were sending our RAW chicken back! We will never be going back to Peacock Cafe, waste of time!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Highly recommended! Beautiful hidden spot with a delicious menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening For Father's DayloveparisDined on 6/14/2014Friday and Saturday nights Peacock Garden Cafe has Jazz music which was very enjoyable while having a great dinner with family and friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDJ123Dined on 6/11/2014Took my girlfriend to this romantic spot in the heart of coconut grove. We had a great time. She loved the gardensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodcdravi10748Dined on 6/7/2014We go to Peacock Garden Cafe a lot because the food is consistently good for a fair price.I especially like the grilled fish with salad.You get to choose any if their salads .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD, AWFUL HOSTESS SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014It is always very difficult to get seated here, this is definitely not the first time! We always make a reservation and when we show up, they tell us it doesn’t matter that you make a reservation, “its first come, first serve.” The hostess was very rude and not friendly. Not ONCE have we been and I can actually say that the hostess was a pleasure. Once we were actually seated, everything was great! The server was great, the food was great, the ambiance was great! I will continue to go back, but I know I will continue to be displeased with the hostess service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Peacock Garden Cafe reviews archive.
- Too good to shareTouchofheavenDined on 5/31/2014I have come to this place for many years. I have yet to find a more beautiful and romantic place. We went Saturday evening and they had live jazz just music. And I thought this place couldn't get any betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!HussDined on 5/24/2014Last minute reservation turned into the best food of my vacation!Special Features:
- Date nightGregRDined on 5/17/2014Great spot for a date night...serene, yet lively outdoor dining, great little jazz duo, service was great, food was great. Had the salmon and the mahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014In good weather, this is one of the nicest places in Miami--set in a lush garden. The food is always good, if not exceptional, and the service is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor diningFirstTimeVisitDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is nice and cozy, the outdoor garden & mason jar lights make it feel comfortble & romantic. I ordered an Arnold Palmer which is a must, the lemonade tasted freshly squeezed & refreshing. The prices were a bit overpriced for the food but it was decent for the location of the restaurant. Seafood Appetizer: Calamari overcooked, the sauce was not flavorful. Ceviche=Delicious. Chicken, Potato & Veggies, exquisite, the veggies had just the right amount of seasoning & grilled to perfection. Chicken was tasty but undercooked, the center was raw which I was not happy about. The tuna was delicious, portion size was good and the steak was flavorful & cooked well.Special Features: