251 Sunrise Avenue
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pbcatch.com/
- Phone: 5616555558
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from PBCatch
'More fresh fish is coming to the island as Thierry Beaud, co-owner of Clematis' popular French bistro Pistache, and his group of Palm Beach investors are bringing life back to 251 Sunrise in the form of PB Catch...the restaurant space will feature locally caught seafood served in a casual nautical dining room, think "a modern yacht", accented with white-leather banquettes and mahogany floors.' - EaterMiamiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
PBCatch - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
PBCatch reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (29)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great catchhappydinerDined on 9/13/2014Only criticism was the waiter, who was great, seemed to scowl when we asked for the Flavor discounted menu. We spent plenty. Scowl not nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect seafood.that's 1/2 the funMobileMosesVIPDined on 9/13/2014As most have noted, the seafood is incomparably fresh & fabulous. Few have mentioned the friendly, welcoming & helpful staff. The entire restaurant experience is enhanced by their knowledge & hard work. Have I mentioned that the food is spectacular? It is, and we'll be back....many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great catch but need to catch moreCapitanSourceVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great place. Super maître d and wait staff. Good value. Great atmosphere. But for a fish house they should have more fish entrees and more choices. Although, what they have is very good.Special Features:
- TunhappyDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a treasure!! It should not be missed!Special Features:
- Happy Hour and DinnerCinHonMIDined on 9/8/2014We were staying nearby and tried PBCatch because the Hyatt offered a package including a restaurant gift card, free shuttle to the restaurant, along with free parking at the hotel. Happy hour with $1 oysters and 2 for 1 drinks were a nice starter. Our son who lives in Delray met us there and our meals were all delicious. Friendly staff and very clean and bright restaurant. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- found on opentableDine4lifeVIPDined on 9/6/2014we decided to go here bc it was on opentable. We loved the atmosphere, very edgy and upbeat. The menu had a nice variety. Portions were a good size and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great ambienceOgleblasDined on 9/5/2014This a great place for sophisticated, fine dining. I had the lobster; my wife had the hanger steak. The lobster was a tad overcooked, but the presentation was impressive: claws and tail expertly diced to make extraction the meat a breeze. Wine selection was excellent. I had a delicious Chenin Blanc; my wife said the Malbec she chose was rich. We had a terrific evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningSallyDined on 9/3/2014Food delicious and presented beautifully. Greeted with smiles from everyone; service impeccable. The seacouterie is super creative and tasty. The restaurant is truly Palm Beach decor.Special Features:
- Fabulous!buckheadfoodieDined on 8/30/2014An annual stop for us during our time in PB and never a disappointment. The service is excellent and the Sea Bass (with the world's best brussel sprouts) never disappoints. The staff really tries to make the experience enjoyable & they succeed!Special Features:
- The Best Oyster Bar In FloridaTunhappyDined on 8/30/2014PB Catch follows in the tradition of the world renowned Oyster Bars of which there are few remaining. The Oysters are fresh and beautifully presented. The fish dishes are spectacular in the use of spices and combinations of vegetables that are incredibly tasty and creative. Whatever fish you choose, it is going to be amazing. We love the Fish n' chips made like no other we have ever tasted. light batter with the best skinny French fries we have ever tasted. The choice of wines is well thought out and very much complements what is on the fish menu. The cocktail hour allows for imbibing great wines and a very reasonable price. This restaurant is a treasure and eating their shows support and great taste. Theo TarantiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't throw PBS Catch backSrSolteroDined on 8/29/2014From the ambiance to the oustanding presentation of each course PBS Catch is simply one of the best seafood restraints in Florida. Oustanding sensitive service and wonderful courses presented so elegantly it was a delight to eat. Thanks PBS Catch for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, paper tops not so goodWilliamVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great but didn't care for the paper covered table tops as my sleeve kept picking up the paper. If this is a "white tablecloth" restaurant, then do it or go Formica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveArnoldVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thought the food preparation and presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- Go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Best seafood on the island. Very unique and tasty dishes. Small dining area that puts you very close to your fellow diners. Not very romantic, but the noise level is not overwhelming. Service was mixed. Excellent hostess, waiter was so-so. Nothing bad, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- treated like royaltyPressureDroppaDined on 8/21/2014This place is just amazing. I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary and everything was excellent. The food is not cheap but worth every penny. I had the delicately pan seared Chilean seabass. it was amazing. The service was perfect and not overwhelming. My girlfriend loved bottle of pinot gris from Oregon we had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonaldVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've dined at P B Catch many times since it opened and have always found the overall experience to be consistently outstanding. Unfortunately this was not the case for my most recent visit there. As always food and ambience were exceptional, this time not the service. Three of us were seated in a far corner and felt totally forgotten by our server, Jennifer. On 3 instances we had to ask a different waiter for service as Jennifer ignored us. Extra ice was not delivered until requested a 2nd time. Bread was not brought to our table until requested. We had to ask for wine left in a chiller away from our table to be refilled. She was totally focused on her other tables, but not ours. And she balked at our request that the tab be split 1/3, 2/3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 'Deal'EllieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were pleased to see a summer 3-course price fixe menu. The beet salad was excellent as was the fish dip appetizer. The portion of hangar steak was on the skimpy side but it was very flavorable and perfectly done. The key lime pie was very good but overshadowed by the incredible cloudless cake. Words can't do it justice!Special Features:
- Spectacular!SarahDined on 8/7/2014This was my first dining experience at PB Catch and it was an absolute pleasure! It just so happened to be my husband's birthday and the staff went above and beyond to give my husband and I the post delightful, intimate little celebration! I can't thank them enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Happy HourRobina888VIPDined on 8/1/2014PB Catch's Happy Hour deal on oysters -- $1 per oyster -- is special and wonderful for oyster-philes. Alas, Happy Hour ends too early at 6:30 pm. Another half hour would be even happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the freshest fish creation!MobileMosesVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is our favorite seafood restaurant in town. It's hard to overstate how inventive the chef can make "simple" fresh fish. It's always a new take on favorites... And the "raw bar" is beyond any expectations. We going again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sea bass, awful oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014The sea bass was exceptional. The oysters were NASTY! Absolutely unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber to serve spoiled oysters! Ours were replaced with a simple apology from our server. No compensation was made for the disgusting,smelly presentation of the oysters. The manager could not even bother to come and chat with us. This spoiled all the other things that were done so well.
- Excellent fishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We had the swordfish and the mani. Both were excellent. We would definetly go back. Would like to see a bit more choice for local fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations were not metDrAAVIPDined on 7/26/2014The decor and ambiance of the place is inviting and energetic. Recommend making reservations for earlier times. We made it for 9 pm and by then the place had ran out of a few items. Our server was at times condescending and "pleasantly" rude. We highly recommend the Skinny Menu 3-course Prix Fixe. Great options, nice sized portions and overall a great value! I had the Hanger Steak. The Avocado crema's colder temperature overwhelmed the steak's already tepid temperaturel. The meat was tender; however. I did not care for the Roased Cauliflower side. Brought 10 minutes after the entree and it lacked flavor. Overall a 3-Star effort because of the service and the shortcomings of my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014The two fish dishes we had were fresh, well prepared and delicious. Desserts were weak.Special Features:
- Off season delightsuperVIPDined on 7/21/2014Love the restaurant, the food was a prepared with excellent culinary excellence, but during 'season' the noise is unbearable. We, and others, will not go there to dine with friends when yelling across the table is part of our dining experience. Going off season was a delight!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceFishfanDined on 7/19/2014The appetizers of smoked fish were delightful. There were 4 people in our party. The waiter should have suggested or adjusted the appetizer for 4 or recommended two orders. We ordered the grilled whole local snapper. The fish arrived with all the butcher twine still intact. Unable to cut it with the knife, we had to get up to find a waiter to remove the twine. Most upscale restaurants would have filleted the fish at table side . While the seasoning of the fish was excellent, the gills and bladder flesh had not been removed and lent an unpleasant flavor. The waiter did not correctly deliver the orders and the difference was not noticed by us until halfway through the meal. Very disappointing for all the hype
- A Gem!SuperbVIPDined on 7/15/2014Fabulous & uniquely prepared & presented seafood at it's very best. Each dish we had was outstanding from starters thru entrees. This is a gem of a restaurant. The service was impeccable including the manager stopping by to insure all was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestbenjiDined on 7/11/2014What a find! Seafood prepared and presented with imagination and inventiveness. This restaurant is a real treat. The Bloody Mary Oyster Shooters are extraordinary. We were a party of 10, all ordered something different and each claimed they had made the best choice. The evening was perfect and Leo, our waiter extraordinare, made it even bettorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master Chef seafood creativity!MobileMosesVIPDined on 7/8/2014Chef creates masterpieces with fresh seafood. The preparations range from fresh simplicity to wonderfully inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in Palm BeahEPattDined on 7/1/2014Food is interesting and perfectly prepared. Great service. Valet parking. What more could you ask?Special Features:
- Everything was perfectBoilerLeahVIPDined on 6/28/2014Service was impeccable, food was amazing! I love the skinny 3-course menu! Perfect options and decent size portions that I'm glad I could share it! The salmon with pea risotto was amazing!!!Special Features:
- great place for seafoodZinmanVIPDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our first time at PB Catch on 6/27. Our server, Michael, was friendly, knowledgable , and attentive. My wife raved about the gazpacho and my tartar sampler was delicious. My sea bass entrée was well prepared and my wife had the cioppino which was loaded with flavor. I would definitely recommend PB Catch if you are looking for great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wait staffclaireDined on 6/14/2014Very friendly wait staff, Seacuterie was excellent and interesting. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:
- First timerLuv2EatDined on 6/13/2014it was my first time there and I had a nice evening with a brand new friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on the Island!!!BradDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere; highly recommend for eating on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014We had another great evening at PB Catch. We love the atmosphere and decor. It's bustling, but not so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation. The food was excellent. We opted for the tasting menu, and that offered us a great variety of dishes that were a delight. The one issue was that we ordered oysters that never came. The server just forgot. We had plenty of food nonetheless.Special Features:
- Needed Better CommunicationTheyalmostgotitrightDined on 6/11/2014Took my Mom to PBCatch for her birthday...we , were all looking forward to it a lot. Had great drinks and apps in the bar area-oysters were delicious and very fresh. Paid bar and app tab, and then went to dining room to have our dinner. Sat and waited and waited for someone to take our order. Apparently no one from the bar had told the dining room staff that we had moved there. Finally got to order, and dinner took FOREVER. People all around us were being served. That part was disappointing. I felt sorry for our very gracious server, Leo, as it was not his fault. At one point I approached the hostess and one of the owners to explain the frustrating situation (I have been in food service a VERY long time). They did apologize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 course meal great dealDocnickDined on 5/31/2014This was my 1st visit PBCatch and I ordered the 3 course meal. The quantity was adequate and the food tasty. I ordered the mussels which tasted fresh and very well prepared. The Cioppino was good and the dessert was good ( my wife did not find the desserts very good ). I think the price was fair and I would return.Special Features:
- AMAZINGJulnamaxDined on 5/27/2014Chef,Manager and Wait Staff all outdid each other in their respective positions. Sophisticated yet approachable menu. Superb quality ingredients. Interesting craft cocktails. Extensive, affordable wine list. Cannot wait to return. In fact, I am returning tonite. Breathless with anticipation..... Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- The PB Catch is one of kind.TunhappyDined on 5/24/2014Sitting at the Oyster Bar in Palm Beach Catch so reminds one of the great Oyster Bars we have known over the years! They have brought a great tradition and amazing food to Palm Beach and we feel fortunate to have them. We salute the owners and partners who took a huge risk to present this wonderfully freshly prepared fish dishes done in the most creative and delicious ways. When you sit at the Oyster Bar, you know there is something special about PB Catch because the food is brilliantly prepared and served immediately. The staff are wonderful and very knowledgeable about the pairings of food and wine with each new iteration of a fish dish. This restaurant deserves our support for its brilliance boldness of vision. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the PBCatch reviews archive.