251 Sunrise Avenue
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pbcatch.com/
- Phone: (561) 655-5558
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from PBCatch
'More fresh fish is coming to the island as Thierry Beaud, co-owner of Clematis' popular French bistro Pistache, and his group of Palm Beach investors are bringing life back to 251 Sunrise in the form of PB Catch...the restaurant space will feature locally caught seafood served in a casual nautical dining room, think "a modern yacht", accented with white-leather banquettes and mahogany floors.' - EaterMiamiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
PBCatch - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
PBCatch reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (17)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Oysters and all that stuffsteveandsuedining1VIPDined on 11/21/2014You come early for$ 1.00 oysters and stay for the great fish entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great !!!!MobileMosesVIPDined on 11/12/2014We always leave saying "that's the best ------ I've ever eaten!" Try anything on the menu. All is prepared with a fresh, creative, delicious flair! The food never disappoints, nor does the service and warm greetingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood. fantastic servicerbachVIPDined on 11/8/2014Every course was excellent. They have a nice menu but will prepare the food any way you request. We sat at the sea food bar. I would choose this spot again. It's fun to watch the food preparation. If I am ever in the area I will be back for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014CATCH is always a great experience. The food is fresh and preparation and presentation are excellent. The service is courteous and professional. CATCH is a return to restaurant that can be counted on to consistently deliver a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTED!!!MobileMosesVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food, service, ambience and overall dining experience keeps "pulling us back in." Unlike "Michael Corleone," we're not even going to try to get out:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Center stageGPanzyDined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and myself had an amazing dining experience at PBCatch. Our server Leo was excellent and his attention to detail was impeccable. The manager Daniel was very courteous and made us feel at home. The food was absolutely amazing. The chef (Aaron) outdid himself with the grouper and sea bass. I also cannot forget that amazing salmon tartare. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014first time dining here. The food and service was excellent. We were celebrating 2 special occasions and they went out of their way to make it nice. Definite repeat.Special Features:
- CurlytopDined on 11/1/2014Delicious fresh fish and seafood. Excellent drinks. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The fish was fresh, one appetizer outstanding, white tuna tartare. Everything else was just OK Black Grouper dish, the baby kale was drenched in oil The Caesar salad was lack luster The Coppino was again just ok The fish and chips good
- DavidDined on 10/30/2014I am always comfortable! Very nice decor upon entering. Pleasant group of people working. Waiter very curtious & helpful. Love the menu with smaller portions allowing one to try more courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!StoneCrabstoDie4Dined on 10/16/2014I googled a spot for good Stone Crab Claws for a business dinner in the area and PBCatch came up. Prices seemed high but being it was in the heart of Palm Beach and had great reviews I decided to give it a shot. Well, What can I say but AWESOME. We started with the Stone Crabs along with a tower of great shellfish, went on to try three meals and share all of them as courses and what an experience. Everything was out of this world and the service was exceptional. Great place for business or pleasure and I plan on being back with the wife to celebrate our anniversary in December!Special Features:
- FoodMrsamaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wish there were more fish choices of interest. It's a pretty ordinary menu. No whole fish either. Needs more variety.Special Features:
- would not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/20147:45 reservation on Sat night...arrived on time and they were already out of some entree and dessert items.. portions were sparce cocktails were not as ordered entrees were overly spicey.
- Sophisticated but not stuffyKatyDined on 10/1/2014Love the happy hour: $1 oysters and 2 for 1 cocktails, wine and beer. Made all the more special by the crisply modern but warm decor and friendly, efficient service. Love that there are half portion dinner selections, too! After a dozen oysters, a full dinner would be a bit much. Everything ordered at our table was delicious and just as beautifully presented. Would definitely recommend PB Catch! Already have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy or not ?LoicciolDined on 9/27/2014If you would like a firework in your mouth with a great taste of your food in a beautifull decoration, you have too book your table right now otherwise you can also go to a fast food :) Really great experience with the seacuterie and the tartare, the prix fixe menu is also really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was slow as it took our waitress 45 minutes before she came to take our order. The variety of fish dishes was limited to three choices, salmon, Chilean sea bass, and mahi mahi. There were 12 types of oysters!! Great concept but average execution.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY NIGHTDININGGALDined on 9/26/2014FROM THE 1ST STEP INTO THE RESTAURANT THERE IS A GORGEOUS AND SEXY LOUNGING AREA, BAR AND CUSHY SEATINGS! SAT IN A CORNER OF THE FURTHEST SIDE AND IT WAS VERY PRIVATE, BUT NOT OUT OF THE DINING AREA, VERY ROMANTIC, SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL. HUSBANDS FOOD WAS THE BEST CHILEAN SEA BASS HE EVER ATE, MY SOFT SHELLS CRABS WERE TASTY FOR THE OUNCE OF CRAB MEAT. MANAGER WAS GLAD TO COMP MY MEAL. SERVER SUGGESTED THE PERFECT WINE PAIRING WITH OUR MEALS. A MUST TO GO BACK AND ENJOY THE LOUNGE AND OTHER DELICIOUS MEALS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed great food and service! Attractive ambiance Clientele dress varied from casual to jackets ( with or without ties) .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Came in for happy hour and a bite to eat. Heather the bartender was very friendly and on top of service even with a busy bar. All of the food was wonderful. Daniel the manager came to check to make sure everything was good and had a nice chat. Definitely will be back, especially for the early happy hour. Go in for happy hour and stay for a great dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Fabulous-no complaints whatsoever-highly recommendSpecial Features:
- great catchhappydinerDined on 9/13/2014Only criticism was the waiter, who was great, seemed to scowl when we asked for the Flavor discounted menu. We spent plenty. Scowl not nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect seafood.that's 1/2 the funMobileMosesVIPDined on 9/13/2014As most have noted, the seafood is incomparably fresh & fabulous. Few have mentioned the friendly, welcoming & helpful staff. The entire restaurant experience is enhanced by their knowledge & hard work. Have I mentioned that the food is spectacular? It is, and we'll be back....many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great catch but need to catch moreCapitanSourceVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great place. Super maître d and wait staff. Good value. Great atmosphere. But for a fish house they should have more fish entrees and more choices. Although, what they have is very good.Special Features:
- TunhappyDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a treasure!! It should not be missed!Special Features:
- Happy Hour and DinnerCinHonMIDined on 9/8/2014We were staying nearby and tried PBCatch because the Hyatt offered a package including a restaurant gift card, free shuttle to the restaurant, along with free parking at the hotel. Happy hour with $1 oysters and 2 for 1 drinks were a nice starter. Our son who lives in Delray met us there and our meals were all delicious. Friendly staff and very clean and bright restaurant. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- found on opentableDine4lifeVIPDined on 9/6/2014we decided to go here bc it was on opentable. We loved the atmosphere, very edgy and upbeat. The menu had a nice variety. Portions were a good size and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great ambienceOgleblasDined on 9/5/2014This a great place for sophisticated, fine dining. I had the lobster; my wife had the hanger steak. The lobster was a tad overcooked, but the presentation was impressive: claws and tail expertly diced to make extraction the meat a breeze. Wine selection was excellent. I had a delicious Chenin Blanc; my wife said the Malbec she chose was rich. We had a terrific evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningSallyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food delicious and presented beautifully. Greeted with smiles from everyone; service impeccable. The seacouterie is super creative and tasty. The restaurant is truly Palm Beach decor.Special Features:
- Fabulous!buckheadfoodieDined on 8/30/2014An annual stop for us during our time in PB and never a disappointment. The service is excellent and the Sea Bass (with the world's best brussel sprouts) never disappoints. The staff really tries to make the experience enjoyable & they succeed!Special Features:
- The Best Oyster Bar In FloridaTunhappyDined on 8/30/2014PB Catch follows in the tradition of the world renowned Oyster Bars of which there are few remaining. The Oysters are fresh and beautifully presented. The fish dishes are spectacular in the use of spices and combinations of vegetables that are incredibly tasty and creative. Whatever fish you choose, it is going to be amazing. We love the Fish n' chips made like no other we have ever tasted. light batter with the best skinny French fries we have ever tasted. The choice of wines is well thought out and very much complements what is on the fish menu. The cocktail hour allows for imbibing great wines and a very reasonable price. This restaurant is a treasure and eating their shows support and great taste. Theo TarantiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't throw PBS Catch backSrSolteroDined on 8/29/2014From the ambiance to the oustanding presentation of each course PBS Catch is simply one of the best seafood restraints in Florida. Oustanding sensitive service and wonderful courses presented so elegantly it was a delight to eat. Thanks PBS Catch for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, paper tops not so goodWilliamVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great but didn't care for the paper covered table tops as my sleeve kept picking up the paper. If this is a "white tablecloth" restaurant, then do it or go Formica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveArnoldVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thought the food preparation and presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- Go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Best seafood on the island. Very unique and tasty dishes. Small dining area that puts you very close to your fellow diners. Not very romantic, but the noise level is not overwhelming. Service was mixed. Excellent hostess, waiter was so-so. Nothing bad, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- treated like royaltyPressureDroppaDined on 8/21/2014This place is just amazing. I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary and everything was excellent. The food is not cheap but worth every penny. I had the delicately pan seared Chilean seabass. it was amazing. The service was perfect and not overwhelming. My girlfriend loved bottle of pinot gris from Oregon we had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonaldVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've dined at P B Catch many times since it opened and have always found the overall experience to be consistently outstanding. Unfortunately this was not the case for my most recent visit there. As always food and ambience were exceptional, this time not the service. Three of us were seated in a far corner and felt totally forgotten by our server, Jennifer. On 3 instances we had to ask a different waiter for service as Jennifer ignored us. Extra ice was not delivered until requested a 2nd time. Bread was not brought to our table until requested. We had to ask for wine left in a chiller away from our table to be refilled. She was totally focused on her other tables, but not ours. And she balked at our request that the tab be split 1/3, 2/3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 'Deal'EllieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were pleased to see a summer 3-course price fixe menu. The beet salad was excellent as was the fish dip appetizer. The portion of hangar steak was on the skimpy side but it was very flavorable and perfectly done. The key lime pie was very good but overshadowed by the incredible cloudless cake. Words can't do it justice!Special Features:
- Spectacular!SarahDined on 8/7/2014This was my first dining experience at PB Catch and it was an absolute pleasure! It just so happened to be my husband's birthday and the staff went above and beyond to give my husband and I the post delightful, intimate little celebration! I can't thank them enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Happy HourRobina888VIPDined on 8/1/2014PB Catch's Happy Hour deal on oysters -- $1 per oyster -- is special and wonderful for oyster-philes. Alas, Happy Hour ends too early at 6:30 pm. Another half hour would be even happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the freshest fish creation!MobileMosesVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is our favorite seafood restaurant in town. It's hard to overstate how inventive the chef can make "simple" fresh fish. It's always a new take on favorites... And the "raw bar" is beyond any expectations. We going again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.