Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 23 E Jackson Blvd
23 East Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 23 E Jackson Blvd
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pazzoscucina.com/
- Phone: 3123869400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:00 am- 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 23 E Jackson Blvd
Our family of Italian restaurants has been located in the LOOP since 1994. Catering to theatre patrons, out of town guests and our neighbors is something that gives us great pride. We offer private event space, catering and customized menus. There is no event too big or too small for the Pazzo’s family to orchestrate. Call us today!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 23 E Jackson Blvd reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014good food and wine. Nice place to have lunch or dinner or a special celebration!Special Features:
- DeceivedSantariumDined on 10/11/2014The Main level has a great ambiance but they sat us downstairs in the sports bar section with paper table cloths in this dive bar. The waiter left the menus at our table all night even after we ordered and didn't tell us about a buffet that was off to the side wall. The Linguine Capesante came with 2 scallops, very disappointing when both sides are near burnt of my two little scallops. My GF got an open faced sandwich that was slightly burnt as well. Didn't bother to ask for the wine list once they brought us to the bar, killed the romance.
- Convenient but Just OKMargareteatsDined on 10/9/2014Pazzo's Cucina Italiana is not trying to be cutting edge anything. It's middle of the road Italian. We had 4 pastas and the special risotto. All were just acceptable but on the bland side. The wine list (no vintages!) was as limited as we expected and our server was quite uninformed about wines. But they were nice enough to turn down the music when asked, the location was convenient for family coming in on the train, and the tables are far enough apart that we could have a good conversation. This meal was for socializing, not for the food as such.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Restaurant was close to our hotel and we were looking for something fairly casual and moderately priced. Interior of restaurant was pleasant, but we were confused by the wall of TV's visible from the dining area. Seemed more sports bar than Italian restaurant. Servers were nice and dinner was well paced. Complimentary bread was a bit dry, but okay after dipping in olive oil. Caesar salad was basic, but good. Pastas ordered were Mediterranean penne and orecchiette with sausage and broccoli. Penne was good, but the orecchiette was lacking in flavor (& broccoli). Based on food, would not return as there are so many other Italian options in Chicago.
- Good for location, ok for foodThorDined on 9/27/2014Food was OK. Apparently the pasta is home made, but did not taste fresh, (probably had been frozen). Flavor wasn't notable either. Good location though.
- Excellent service!noniVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our food was great but our server was EXCELLENT. She brought our bottle of wine and let us talk until we were ready to order. It was a pleasurable evening. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Business lunchGildaDined on 9/9/2014Great food and service. Perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great place for a work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/3/2014I've coordinated work lunches here on multiple occasions. The food, service, and ambiance are just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodProphetDined on 8/24/2014Found this online and read the recommendations the food was great and priced well for Chicago. Skip the expensive places and go here. The staff is great and very nice. Would go again any time.Special Features:
- LisaDined on 8/23/2014The caprese salad was fantastic. Service was friendly and attentive and ambience was fun but not overwhelming. Enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Cleaned My Plate!ChicagoDinerDined on 8/22/2014The risotto was fantastic! I couldn't stop eating. Everyone was helpful and this was a great spot to meet friends for lunch during the work week. I would definitely go here for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAndyDinoDined on 8/18/2014My office is across the street from this restaurant so we use it as our go to place for office luncheons and private meetings with clients. Hugo and the rest of the staff is amazing. They have specials daily and the seafood is great and at a reasonable price point. Even to-go sandwiches beat any of the nearby competition.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Not too expensive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was fabulousShaunessey9Dined on 7/29/2014Renee was so great with our group. She was attentive and knowledgeable of the selections. Very helpful. Would return because of her!Special Features:
- Pazzo's for lunch and dinnerJandBVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have enjoyed many meals at Pazzo's on Jackson Blvd. The atmosphere allows for conversation and the food is very good; fresh and beautifully served. The wines are moderately priced and there is a good selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lasagna EverIMHODined on 7/6/2014My vegetarian daughter raved about the cheese lasagna. She said, "It's the best lasagna I've ever eaten!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left satisfiedWillDined on 7/5/2014We were from out of town, and wanted a nice Italian dinner. The restaurant had ambiance. The wait staff was helpful and a pleasure to talk to. The food was wonderful, and was the right portion and left you satisfied. The calamari was prepared perfectly, which is hard to find it prepared properly. If I make it to Chicago again I will be sure to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good sauceTonyVIPDined on 6/27/2014The meatball appetizer is great and the pasta was pretty good. They are located really close to the art museum so DO NOT eat in the museum and pay ridiculous prices. Walk across the street and go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 23 E Jackson Blvd reviews archive.
- Dinner before the SymphonyJonoDined on 6/20/2014Within easy walking of the CSO and Art institute, this restaurant has clever and tasty contemporary Italian dishes including a very hot and spicy seafood risotto. Only a few draft beers, but one was a delicious rye ale I'd not had before. Atmosphere is a little bland, but the service is professional and timely. We found Pazzo's on Open Table and wished we'd been there before. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable pre-Symphony diningRonFDined on 6/14/2014Another concert at the CSO, another nice effort from Pazzo's. The special risotto was quite good, albeit a touch salty. But unusually, my wife's dinner salad was sub-par; ingredients were missing from the salad; dried cranberries were on the menu, not in the salad, and there was hardly any of the cheese. That said, the chicken was tender and juicy, and the greens fresh. Pacing was also off - it was difficult to find our waitperson to take our order. We'll be back, but it was an off night for Pazzo's And unfortunately, my favorite dessert, the panna cotta, was not available that evening. We were told that there was reconfiguration of the dessert menu coming, and it appears that the panna cotta may be deleted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was awesome. rest of it??dgdinerDined on 6/12/2014The food was fabulous. And ultimately worth the hassle. But the service was more than suspect. It took 25 mins each for two separate drink orders (we were a table of two). Once the server explained he couldn't go behind the bar, it made more sense. But I was entirely baffled why a place that advertises it's beer selection didn't have a beer list available and why you'd have a full bar restaurant on a friday night but not have someone available to mix/pour?!? That said, the chicken vesuvio was amazing - perhaps the best chicken I've ever had out. So, ultimately I probably would try again if I"m in the area, but I can't be overly enthusiastic about the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian FoodVSJDinesOutVIPDined on 6/12/2014Pazzo restaurant is located near the Chicago Orchestra Symphony (CSO) Hall, the Auditorium theater, Art Institute and few blocks from the theater plays. They have delicious Italian food and a nice restaurant ambiance. It is great for dinner before a show, or dinner any evening. The selection is fantastic and prices are reasonably affordable. Keep up the excellent menu selection and continue with your staff's friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful business lunchNumbersDined on 5/29/2014I enjoyed a business lunch with a client and colleagues at Pazzo's last week. The staff was attentive but didn't rush us. The food was delicious and moderately priced for the Loop. The luncheon salads were well proportioned and fresh. The grilled snapper special was a real treat.Special Features:
- Food Consistently GoodRandyontheglobeDined on 5/21/2014I have eaten at Pazzo's about two dozen times and I can say with authority that the food is consistently very good. I like the pastas and salads and the daily specials are always excellent (if a bit overpriced). Server training is not their focus and the ambiance can be a bit loud, especially if you go early when they occasionally cater private affairs in the open dining room. In other words, for a reliable meal in the south Loop (think CSO, Millennium Park, Art Institute) it's a great place. For a romantic evening or sophisticated dining there are many better choices.
- Service a bit slow, but food goodJustOneDined on 5/17/2014I stopped by Pazzo's Cucina at 6:30pm on Saturday for a quick bite before attending a musical performance nearby. My reservation was in order and I was quickly seated at a table by the front windows. I ordered the Herb-crusted Salmon Salad. The salmon portion was very generous, and cooked to perfection. My water glass was kept full. After I completed my meal, I waited a long time to get my check (even after I asked that it be brought to me). It also took longer than expected to run my card and get the receipt back. I suggest that diners inform the wait staff if they need to meet a time schedule to complete their meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DinnerThinkOneDined on 5/10/2014We are often looking for restaurants in the loop to done at prior to the symphony or ballet. We stumbled upon this place through Open Table, and had no clue it was there. We really enjoyed our food (homemade pastas were great), the service was really good. They had a nice selection of wine and drinks. The restaurant was only about half full prior to an evening performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014We had a great dining experience as Pazzo's on Jackson. Food was very good, service excellent (friendly, attentive), and bill was much lower than expected.
- Good pre-theater diningPatrickJDined on 4/29/2014Attractive restaurant with an interesting menu. There were four of us, we ordered different dishes, the seafood special, fish off the regular menu, and two pasta entrées. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceShaunessey9Dined on 4/23/2014Renee, our server, was wonderful. My party and I had a great time! The food was very good, although I wish you had more vegetarian options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014Always have a great time here! Will return again!Special Features:
- Tickled my tastebuds!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2014The food at this retaurant was amazing and definitely tickled my tastebuds! Also had a great selection of wines. I dined with a group of 6. There was a wide variety of entrees to choose from, including the specials of the day. We all had something different and each dish was equally amazing. Our server was also very attentive and accommodating. I highly recommend this retaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpensive wonderful Italian rest.RuthSDined on 3/30/2014Wonderful!!! Very inexpensive food and large portions......you can definitely share. We had a party of 7 and the service was accomidating and great. Hostess was outstanding and even ran to the corner to flag a cab for us.Special Features:
- Not fit for FoodiesWilmetterVIPDined on 3/29/2014We went here before the symphony. Service was quite good, but food was ordinary. We had the eggplant appetizer without the breading, but they left the skin on which is inedible. Once we cut it off it was pretty good. My companion's chicken was bland. I had the steak sliders which I liked, but I ate without the bread. Oil oil on the table dud not taste right.
- Your staff made luncheon specialShaunessey9Dined on 3/28/2014Took friends here for a celebration--your staff was outstanding from the manager to the waitress and the bussers. Food was excellent and served quickly. We were made to feel very welcome. Will definitely return. Would love to see more vegetarian offerings, too!Special Features:
- Food was excellent but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014The chicken parmesan I had was excellent and the calamari we had for appetizers was delicious. However our waitress was a little slow, and forgot our appetizers, she brought our entree before the appetizers. Other than that we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious salad and pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Delicious salad and pasta entrée. Good wine. Excellent service. Asked for a quiet booth so we could talk and that is just what they provided. Staff very good about checking on us or needs but left us alone for our conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good foodAleenDined on 3/21/2014I recently went for my graduation dinner and reserved my table on open table. The ceremony was shorter than expected so we were able to go in earlier. We called to let them know that we wanted to come in an hour earlier and they said it was ok. When we arrived 30 min later, the table was not set up so we waited a few min. The service was great but not outstanding. The food was pretty good but not the best Italian or most distinguishable I've had. However, overall I did enjoy the experience. I would give them another shot if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentDavidDined on 3/21/2014Nothing special, nothing of note to really point out. A decent Italian restaurant with above-average service. Lots of lunch competition in the east Loop area so may or may not return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMiMart3826Dined on 3/16/2014Came here for dinner with friends before going to see Rock of Ages at the Bank of America Theater. Food was good, prices were reasonable, and ambiance was nice (not too crowded, went on a Sunday). Overall, an enjoyable dinner experience. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked it.TeddyVIPDined on 3/16/2014Nice food served by nice people. The busboy was the best of the bunch.Special Features: