Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
101 N Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3122011100
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (44)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice placeGarage23Dined on 9/26/2014Went there for a business lunch. Nice outdoor seating and a selection of food that everyone should be comfortable with. Prices are not too bad and it seems like a place were after work drinks would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch experiencerlbanks102Dined on 9/24/2014Took colleague here for lunch to discuss business. Staff was pleasant and conscientious. The salads were excellent, especially the steak salad. Not as noisy as some other restaurants in the area, which makes it perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014I had lunch with my customer. First, I requested for booth table and they couldn't accommodate. Second, we both order pasta dish. Mine was pappardelle and it was the one of the worst past I've ever had. Pasta was all stuck together and there wasn't enough sauce so it was tasteless. This was my second visit and I tried to give a second chance but this will be the last. This restaurant is very close to our office and it would've been a perfect business lunch spot but I can't send anyone there anymore. It's very unfortunate...Special Features:
- Great until they closed early....JulieDined on 9/16/2014I took a client here for dinner after a tradeshow. We ordered an appetizer and dinner at the same time. I was surprised our dinner came right after our appetizer. My entrée was delicious (Mediterranean Pasta). Well after we had completed our dinner the server came back to clear the plates. I asked for a dessert menu. However, we were told they kitchen had closed at 7:30 (it was 7:40 when I asked) and they could not serve us dessert. I was very disappointed that we were not told the kitchen would be closing in what I would consider prime dinner time. I would also think the kitchen could have managed to get us dessert...cheesecake right out of the fridge? Something would have been better than nothing!Special Features:
- Business or casual - food is great!LoopFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Location is convenient for a good business lunch or for a group of friends. Service is great and food very good! Outside seating option is also nice. Try their pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheerCoachDined on 8/5/2014Great menu selections! LOVE that there was Gluten Free choices!Special Features:
- great birthday spotbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 7/24/2014really good service and pasta. great for birthdays with the sparkler candle and free dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this was an anomolyJP225VIPDined on 7/9/2014Normally one of our go-to spots (either this one or the one at 311 S. Wacker) when we need a good place close by and don't have a lot of time. I normally get something pasta-related but this time opted for the tilapia, which Italian restaurants usually do very well. Not this time. While presented very well, and everything else on the plate was spot-on, the tilapia itself was very poor, both in quality and preparation. The light breading tasted like it was cooked earlier that morning and left out and the fish itself was bland and slightly undercooked. Tilapia is supposed to be firm and flaky, not like the grayish, rubbery mass I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch as expectedNigelDined on 6/30/2014Needed a place for a lunch with friends. It was large and busy but the service remained effective. Food was good not exceptional. Despite being large and busy the noise level was not an issue. Provided just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group lunchesMOM1Dined on 6/24/2014Pazzo's is located near the Opera House, so I have dined there on Opera Nights before. This was my first luncheon visit and I was most pleased. It is very difficult to find a good restaurant that can serve a group in an environment where everyone at the table can be heard. Our group of twelve was seated in a private room with a view through a glass wall of the restaurant and Wacker Drive. Our service was efficient and accurate. The menu provided enough variety to satisfy the vegetarians, the dieters and the big meat eaters. The hot food was served hot and the food was attractively presented. Everyone loved their luncheon selection. This is a very nice spot and a good value lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Vesuvio SandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The Chicken vesuvio sandwich was great. I enjoyed the rich flavor of the olive oil with bread! I would even go back just for the olive oil and Parmesan with bread concoction! Ambiance was fine for a quick business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patio, food, servicebuckeyegirlVIPDined on 6/6/2014Awesome patio for outdoor lunch. Great portions and wonderful birthday celebrationsSpecial Features:
- Need Speedier Check-InTime4LunchVIPDined on 6/6/2014The MD is very slow checking in guests. He did not acknowledge the arriving guests, kept talking to one person for a long time. Other employees came by, none offered to help. Others things were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr reviews archive.
- close to opera housemkfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Convenient to opera house for pre-show dining. Great steak sliders & antipasto/salad.
- Dinner Before A ShowDinB4ShowDined on 5/10/2014I went with a date because I was having problems trying to get in somewhere before a show in the theater district. The place was SLOW but it worked out GREAT for us. We were actually running late because of traffic but they accommodated by moving our reservation back when I called (not that it really mattered because they were slow). The service was attentive and the food was good. I was able to find street parking right by the restaurant (which was crazy city prices) but overall is was a very good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014We had tickets to the Lyric Opera and this was a prefect choice. They catered to our "hurried" time, the food and service were both good and it's literally across the street! We would go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for lunchCarlaVZVIPDined on 5/7/2014Bruscetta was delicious as was the crispy hot Calmari...salads were fresh and crisp, and pizza was perfectly charred...will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a Quick Lunch in the LoopLKSullivanVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is a convenient meeting place for professionals in the loop. Salads and pasta were tasty. A good crowd of business and theater folks on a Wednesday.Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperiencediscerningvisitorDined on 5/2/2014Chose this restaurant because of its proximity to the Opera House. Unfortunately, the experience was mediocre. Service was slow and not attentive. One of our party was served the wrong entree. As a whole, the food was ok, but unremarkable.
- A Little Ho-Hum, but ConvienentSteveVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a quick dinner here before going to see a show, and it worked well for what we needed. The menu is a little limited, and it's pretty standard fare, but it tasted good and everyone left with a full belly. The prices are pretty reasonable, too, especially for a restaurant in the Loop. If you're looking for a dinner place in the Loop that's easy and convenient, and you're not trying to impress anyone, this is a safe bet.
- Total KindnessMelCDined on 5/1/2014Great server and really good food. Huge portions. Nice dining area. Close to my place of workSpecial Features:
- Perfect spot for dinner before showJGPMDined on 4/30/2014Being a few blocks from the brown line train stop and across the street from The Lyric Opera, Pazzo's fit the bill! Our service was excellent! I particularly enjoyed the eggplant. The atmosphere was upbeat and fun. Good bar...perfect for meeting for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denardVIPDined on 4/30/2014would not recommend UNLESS you had early lyric tickets. Food was very mediocre and services worse. no ambience whatsoever
- Good choiceBikermomVIPDined on 4/24/2014Decided to give Pazzo's a try after many co-workers raved about their meal there. It was a good decision. Waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Atmosphere casual and good for our Admin Prof Day lunch. Food was very good and plentiful. Had the risotto special - chicken, asparagus, julienne veggies, sun dried tomato with a creamy garlic sauce. Excellent! Others in the group enjoyed their meal, too....lime chicken salad, Portobello mushroom sandwich. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great spot for business lunchesabradfoodieDined on 4/17/2014I had two business lunches here in the past week and both were great. The food is tasty and the service is good. If you need to get out quickly they are very accommodating but on the contrary they don't seem to mind if you hang out to finish your meeting once the meal is over. Great spot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Bread was hot and the cheese/olive oil individual mixture was a great addition. The mixed salad was okay. Wine was tasty. Main course came out before we had finished our salad. The chicken dishes were tasty. The Pollo alla Griglia was heavy with sage & garlic. Overall an okay lunch.Special Features:
- Very Good for Business LunchNeighbor101VIPDined on 4/1/2014I have been there a few times for a business lunch, It gets 3 or more *** on all of my rating criteria-- quiet enough for conversation; adequate privacy; attentive service; efficient delivery of food after ordering; good food; and acceptable prices. I can't think of any other restaurant in the downtown area that I could give a positive review on each of my rating factors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Birthday LunchCiaoVallyDined on 3/25/2014I've only been to Pazzo for lunch, so can't review the PM scene, tho am sure it's quite nice for dinner or cocktails. I went with 2 colleagues for a b’day lunch. Thru Open Table, I requested a candle on a dessert. After our lunch, they brought an amazing Tiramisu w/ a fantastic sparkling flair. It was great! Last time I ate at Pazzo, I had ravioli stuffed w/porcini, perfectly cooked. This time I had penne w/salmon & asparagus. Unfortunately, the pasta was way over cooked. My parents were both born in Northern Italy so I'm a pasta snob--over cooked pasta is a cardinal sin. That said, I will return and try another of their pasta specialties. I'll remember to ask for al dente. Btw, the hostess is always very charming and our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best quality for the Best priceswt21VIPDined on 3/19/2014I travel to Chicago almost every week. Pazzo's is a definite once a week spot (if not more).Special Features:
- Fine for Pre-OperarobertVIPDined on 3/17/2014A convenient location for Civic Opera House events. Food is fine. Cocktails are expensive. Service is attentive but slow due to what appears under-staffing. Both bathrooms opening directly into the dining room are truly ridiculous so make certain you are not seated within two table rows of the back of the main room or you'll be looking into the bathrooms during dinner.Special Features:
- Just another Italian place….mustangbeauVIPDined on 3/17/2014I was disappointed in this restaurant because I was hoping for something fairly upscale and good in this location. The food is okay, but basically, this is just another mediocre Italian restaurant with pretty good food, big portions, moderate prices and okay pizza. There is nothing remarkable about it and the decor/ambience is completely lacking. If all you want is a quick pizza, a perfect place to go. If you are looking for a nice place to "dine", forget it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Opera DinnerlouiseDined on 3/14/2014Nice party going on at the bar, so those of us dining were consideratly asked if we'd like the back room, which was quieter and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We requested the back roomymomDined on 3/10/2014We requested the back room since we had a number of us. It was great and quiet on a weeknight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food served properlyrsr1234VIPDined on 3/7/2014very good food with a nice selection to choice from. the service is very good. its a fun place with an upscale atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food.StreetervilleResVIPDined on 3/7/2014Nice rework of the place. Nothing special about the food. And like with most restaurants, there's nowhere to put your bag if you're not in a booth (putting $2000 bags on the floor is heinous). Hooked mine on the chair, thinking it wouldn't be in anyone's way. Our table was shoved close to a structural column. Surely the staff wouldn't be walking behind me, squeezing behind my chair and the table behind us. Amazingly, they did. Banging away at my bag every time, no matter which side of the chair I put it on. Annoying. So I sat through lunch with my bag on my feet. Also annoying. But back to the chow--only dish at the table finished was the tilapia. Pazzo's--mediocre, like most places on Wacker, save for Pearl Tavern. They're doing it right.
- Really? Any cafeteria is Better.DiningDadVIPDined on 3/6/2014My son and I order a pizza and a salad: keep it simple is alwaays safe. The pizza - was like a diGiorno frozen pizza from a box. Except not as high quality. The ingredients hadn't seen fresh in this millenium. The salad - the spinach greens were watery and tasteless, which matched the rest of the salad, to include the chicken, which hadn't even been waved over a grill or any kind of natural cooking device - thus could have been tofu for all of it's flavor (with apologies to tofu). Really? Is there no pride in your restaurant? I would expect better from a school cafeteria!
- LunchJayCeeDined on 3/6/2014Sorry to say, we were seated by the door, which was quite cold every time the door opened,
- Great Food and AtmosphereDonnaDined on 3/4/2014Recently had a team dinner and the food was great, the service and staff was amazing and the atmosphere and seating was condusive allowed for everyone to be interactive. Great job.Special Features:
- Lunch before the OperaOpera13Dined on 2/28/2014We're only in the city occasionally and we really don't eat out all that often. One time we do is when we go to the matinee at the Lyric Opera. We had first been stopping at the food court in Ogilvie, but we quickly decided we wanted something classier. Somebody recommended we try some of the restaurants along Wacker Drive, and that's how we found Pazzo's. This was our second visit--so obviously we're serious about recommending it. The menu offered something apart from the usual, the prices were reasonable, the food was great, the service was pleasant and prompt. We'll be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for the Lyric OperamngoodVIPDined on 2/21/2014For dinner before the Lyric Opera, it is very convenient. The room in the back is a necessity on a Friday night because of the crowd in the bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.