Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
101 N Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (312) 201-1100
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (36)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- All it has is locationStreetervilleResVIPDined on 11/24/2014Dialed-in food, dialed-in service. Ladies room is literally in the main dining room. All this place has going for it is location. Wacker Drive needs more competition, desperately. Pearl Tavern is the ONLY one not dialing. It. In.
- where is everyone?HajipajVIPDined on 11/18/2014Not much of a crowd on an opera night. Maybe have some specials and/or happy hour? Enjoyed the meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseAlwayswellVIPDined on 11/17/2014Because previous reviews were mixed, we were a little hesitant to come here, but the location is so convenient for a pre-opera dinner that we gave it a try. Food and service were very good, and our time constraints for show time were honored. We especially enjoyed the antipasto platter, which was very generous, with many good ingredients. It could serve as a light meal for two all by itself. All in all, a good choice when in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place before the operachrisDined on 11/17/2014Reserved a table at Pazzo's before the opera at 6:00 and was done in plenty of time. Very good food and nice inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- y0000VIPDined on 11/17/2014This is one of the very convient locations in W. of Chicago. The locaiton is quiete for business lunch meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hour spotbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great to go with coworkers for drinks and apps after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014The food here was less than stellar. My pasta dish had no flavor and the Tilapia dish had a gross cream sauce on it. Would not go back.
- Opera DiningoakparkdinerDined on 10/29/2014I would have liked to see a beer list. Dessert took a very long time. The coffee tasted like it was brewed two hours ago. Olive oil and bread on the table is a very good idea and was well presented. I had the whitefish daily special entree and my wife had the tilapia entree. My wife suspected the mashed potatoes were instant. We might go back but only if Lloyds is booked. We were part of the opera crowd.Special Features:
- good ItalianSaraVIPDined on 10/24/2014Pazzo's is a great place to have good Italian food. The atmosphere is casual but friendly. The food good and abundant. The service is super. Nice place to have a drink with antipasto or a meal.
- A great start that quickly fizzledPeteVIPDined on 10/17/2014As a dining fan of Emil's restaurant which used to be at this location, I was excited to try Pazzo's. The remodeled décor is very pleasing and gives the site a contemporary feel. My dinner started on a high note with the chopped salad. It was fresh and delicious! Unfortunately, my dining experience took a sudden turn for the worse when my salmon entrée arrived. Overcooked and flavorless, the salmon was a disaster. Even the accompanying sides of asparagus and roasted potatoes were bland and uninteresting. My date was also unimpressed with her lasagna. Although some of the wait staff were energetic and engaging, our main waiter seemed bored and was unattentive. I highly recommend Pazzo's for their chopped salad, but little else.
- Pretends to be italianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Almost every pasta has creamy sauces. Even for a pesto pasta they use cream instead of olive oil, pine nuts, reggiano and garlic as any good pesto needs to be. Other pastas based on cream. Too "Americanized" in its recipes. Pizza has no real mozzarella.
- Close to LyricLizzzzzzzDined on 10/11/2014Perfect for dining before the opera. Affordable, excellent food choices and attentive service, who could ask for more. Would love to enjoy lunch at Pazzo's before the Sunday matinee at the Lyric Opera. Please consider being open then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient1operaloverDined on 10/2/2014For after the opera matinee it was close by and convenient as we had trains to catch. It was too cold to eat inside so we chose outside in decent weather. Music was too loud for us and not to our taste. It was definitely a young after-work crowd. Our waitress was wonderful. Food was good, not great, but decent Italian.Special Features:
- Very disappointingNeverfordinnerVIPDined on 9/30/2014The only reason to recommend this restaurant is that it is near the opera house. The food was below average and the service almost non-existent. With very few decent restaurants near the opera house, this place could do a gang-buster business. The fact that it was nearly empty should have warned us about the lack of quality
- Business Welcome DinnerTimeZoneTravelerVIPDined on 9/29/2014I took our new hires there for lunch, and it was a great place for to have lunch meeting. Portions are a bit huge though, so beware (in a good way).Special Features:
- Felt a little rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014They brought our entrees before we were done with the appetizer. The food was okay, but not great. Its proximity to the opera house makes it a good choice for dinner before the opera.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGarage23Dined on 9/26/2014Went there for a business lunch. Nice outdoor seating and a selection of food that everyone should be comfortable with. Prices are not too bad and it seems like a place were after work drinks would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch experiencerlbanks102VIPDined on 9/24/2014Took colleague here for lunch to discuss business. Staff was pleasant and conscientious. The salads were excellent, especially the steak salad. Not as noisy as some other restaurants in the area, which makes it perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad PastaKmamaVIPDined on 9/23/2014I had lunch with my customer. First, I requested for booth table and they couldn't accommodate. Second, we both order pasta dish. Mine was pappardelle and it was the one of the worst past I've ever had. Pasta was all stuck together and there wasn't enough sauce so it was tasteless. This was my second visit and I tried to give a second chance but this will be the last. This restaurant is very close to our office and it would've been a perfect business lunch spot but I can't send anyone there anymore. It's very unfortunate...Special Features:
- Great until they closed early....JulieDined on 9/16/2014I took a client here for dinner after a tradeshow. We ordered an appetizer and dinner at the same time. I was surprised our dinner came right after our appetizer. My entrée was delicious (Mediterranean Pasta). Well after we had completed our dinner the server came back to clear the plates. I asked for a dessert menu. However, we were told they kitchen had closed at 7:30 (it was 7:40 when I asked) and they could not serve us dessert. I was very disappointed that we were not told the kitchen would be closing in what I would consider prime dinner time. I would also think the kitchen could have managed to get us dessert...cheesecake right out of the fridge? Something would have been better than nothing!Special Features:
- After work gemRinaVIPDined on 8/27/2014We come here OFTEN. For Happy Hours, they accommodate our large groups, let people pay their own bills, etc. Always great service. The food is fantastic, and good portion sizes. We come here often for birthday lunches as well, and they have a super fun set up for that. Overall, LOVE this place, as do my co-workers. Definitely a prime place for us.Special Features:
- Business or casual - food is great!LoopFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Location is convenient for a good business lunch or for a group of friends. Service is great and food very good! Outside seating option is also nice. Try their pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheerCoachDined on 8/5/2014Great menu selections! LOVE that there was Gluten Free choices!Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Pazzo's Cucina Italiana - 101 N Wacker Dr reviews archive.
- great birthday spotbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 7/24/2014really good service and pasta. great for birthdays with the sparkler candle and free dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this was an anomolyJP225VIPDined on 7/9/2014Normally one of our go-to spots (either this one or the one at 311 S. Wacker) when we need a good place close by and don't have a lot of time. I normally get something pasta-related but this time opted for the tilapia, which Italian restaurants usually do very well. Not this time. While presented very well, and everything else on the plate was spot-on, the tilapia itself was very poor, both in quality and preparation. The light breading tasted like it was cooked earlier that morning and left out and the fish itself was bland and slightly undercooked. Tilapia is supposed to be firm and flaky, not like the grayish, rubbery mass I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch as expectedNigelDined on 6/30/2014Needed a place for a lunch with friends. It was large and busy but the service remained effective. Food was good not exceptional. Despite being large and busy the noise level was not an issue. Provided just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group lunchesMOM1Dined on 6/24/2014Pazzo's is located near the Opera House, so I have dined there on Opera Nights before. This was my first luncheon visit and I was most pleased. It is very difficult to find a good restaurant that can serve a group in an environment where everyone at the table can be heard. Our group of twelve was seated in a private room with a view through a glass wall of the restaurant and Wacker Drive. Our service was efficient and accurate. The menu provided enough variety to satisfy the vegetarians, the dieters and the big meat eaters. The hot food was served hot and the food was attractively presented. Everyone loved their luncheon selection. This is a very nice spot and a good value lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Vesuvio SandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The Chicken vesuvio sandwich was great. I enjoyed the rich flavor of the olive oil with bread! I would even go back just for the olive oil and Parmesan with bread concoction! Ambiance was fine for a quick business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patio, food, servicebuckeyegirlVIPDined on 6/6/2014Awesome patio for outdoor lunch. Great portions and wonderful birthday celebrationsSpecial Features:
- Need Speedier Check-InTime4LunchVIPDined on 6/6/2014The MD is very slow checking in guests. He did not acknowledge the arriving guests, kept talking to one person for a long time. Other employees came by, none offered to help. Others things were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close to opera housemkfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Convenient to opera house for pre-show dining. Great steak sliders & antipasto/salad.
- Dinner Before A ShowDinB4ShowDined on 5/10/2014I went with a date because I was having problems trying to get in somewhere before a show in the theater district. The place was SLOW but it worked out GREAT for us. We were actually running late because of traffic but they accommodated by moving our reservation back when I called (not that it really mattered because they were slow). The service was attentive and the food was good. I was able to find street parking right by the restaurant (which was crazy city prices) but overall is was a very good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014We had tickets to the Lyric Opera and this was a prefect choice. They catered to our "hurried" time, the food and service were both good and it's literally across the street! We would go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for lunchCarlaVZVIPDined on 5/7/2014Bruscetta was delicious as was the crispy hot Calmari...salads were fresh and crisp, and pizza was perfectly charred...will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a Quick Lunch in the LoopLKSullivanVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is a convenient meeting place for professionals in the loop. Salads and pasta were tasty. A good crowd of business and theater folks on a Wednesday.Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperiencediscerningvisitorDined on 5/2/2014Chose this restaurant because of its proximity to the Opera House. Unfortunately, the experience was mediocre. Service was slow and not attentive. One of our party was served the wrong entree. As a whole, the food was ok, but unremarkable.
- A Little Ho-Hum, but ConvienentSteveVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a quick dinner here before going to see a show, and it worked well for what we needed. The menu is a little limited, and it's pretty standard fare, but it tasted good and everyone left with a full belly. The prices are pretty reasonable, too, especially for a restaurant in the Loop. If you're looking for a dinner place in the Loop that's easy and convenient, and you're not trying to impress anyone, this is a safe bet.
- Total KindnessMelCDined on 5/1/2014Great server and really good food. Huge portions. Nice dining area. Close to my place of workSpecial Features:
- Perfect spot for dinner before showJGPMDined on 4/30/2014Being a few blocks from the brown line train stop and across the street from The Lyric Opera, Pazzo's fit the bill! Our service was excellent! I particularly enjoyed the eggplant. The atmosphere was upbeat and fun. Good bar...perfect for meeting for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denardVIPDined on 4/30/2014would not recommend UNLESS you had early lyric tickets. Food was very mediocre and services worse. no ambience whatsoever