627 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pazzo.com/
- Phone: 5032281515x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:30am Breakfast;
Mon-Fri 11:30- 2:30pm Lunch;
Sat and Sun 8am - 2pm Brunch;
Mon - Fri 2:30-5:00pm Bar Menu available;
Sat and Sun 2pm- 4:30pm Bar Menu available;
Mon - Thurs 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner Menu;
Fri 5:00- 11:00pm Dinner; Sat 4:30pm- 11:00 pm Dinner;
Sun 4:30 - 9:00 Dinner;
Bar Open until Midnight Mon- thurs, Friday & Sat Open until 1am
Sunday open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Eisenhart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page on OpenTable
- Special Events: Please visit our website for Special Events
A word from Pazzo Ristorante
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, just two blocks from Pioneer Square, Pazzo Ristorante features savory regional Italian cuisine focusing on seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pazzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pazzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)special occasion (40)notable wine list (37)romantic (26)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- Nice restaurant for a date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I took my husband our for a date night. He loves Italian food. He was very happy with the restaurant. $15 for a glass of wine was a little pricey.Special Features:
- Cozy and quiet mealanondinerDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding. I had the caprese salad which was not oversold as being "summer on a plate" and a bolognese pasta dish. The panna cotta was also delicious with fresh berries. We couldn't figure out why the restaurant was not very full as the service and food were really great.Special Features:
- Great from start to finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a fabulous meal here starting with the razor clam appetizer and black bean soup to the lemon poppy seed gelato. My husband's pasta entree with a pork,veal ragu as well as my sweet pea stuffed ravioli topped with dungeness crab could not have been better. Our waiter, Alex, as well as the rest of the service staff were both friendly and informative. We cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian eats !!jggfoodfanDined on 9/6/2014Pazzo.. Saturday night after an event..Very nice. Risoto excellent, pizza excellent, soups, appetizers and service.. All quite good. Will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazzo Rocks!bodryeatzDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been going to Pazzo for 20 years. We have yet to have a poor experience. It is always spot on. The food, wine and service are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialKindraDined on 9/6/2014We were drawn here because of our passport card. The menu looked great. When we arrived, we were seated all the way in the back with no one else. It started filling up slowly, but then as we ate our dinner, they sat a group of 6 right in the middle of all of these two person tables, who were very loud and boisterous. Though that's not bad, it wasn't the best place to seat them. I had to speak very loudly for my husband to hear me. Additionally, we waited quite a while after having our appetizers to get our main entrees. Probably about 20 minutes. The food was okay, but not as good as the prices suggested. I had the sweet pea ravioli, and it wasn't very much food. It was mostly pasta with very little filling, though I loved the crab on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid go-to downtown restaurantpdxdinerDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great service. Excellent place for lunch or dinner before a downtown show. Brunch is delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the pizza?ArleneDined on 9/4/2014The serive was pleasant but not exceptionally attentive. The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The Ceaser sold was probably one of the better we have had at a restaurant. Nice garlic balance with Parmesan cheese shavings. The caprese sald was nothing to rave about however. The tomTos were too rip end mushy and there where tomato heels. The gnocchi was absolutely dele ions. So light and fluffy. The boar was tasty although heavily influenced by cognac? The pork was tender and nicely seasons and the pasta was tasty. But again nothing to rave about. And the big question was...where is the pizza? We must be blind. Three outta five stars. We would not rush back to eat here.
- MUCH THANKSTonyDined on 9/3/2014My first time was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice for Portland diningzeldaDined on 9/2/2014Service was professional, friendly and efficient, a delicate combination. Very good wine advice given for diners less familiar with local wines. Risotto and Ravioli entrees were subtle but full of flavour. Carne Cruda melted in our mouths. This is a restaurant where we would try anything they serve - because they know what they're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian foodtangueraDined on 8/31/2014Longing for Italian food, we found this place on a walk home from another restaurant. The food and service were excellent: soup of the day, a minestrone, was perfectly seasoned. The fresh breads were terrific. The English pea ravioli with crab was a unique treat. The cioppino was well seasoned and flavourful. The wine pairings were perfect as well. And the tirami sú was served properly, as a square cut from a larger pan, rather than looking like a parfait, which many places do. If we lived locally, we would certainly be back!Special Features:
- Okay food, good servicejsjuliaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went to this restaurant while visiting Portland. It was across the street from our hotel, didn't think we could go wrong with Italian food. The food okay, I ordered a shrimp risotto. The risotto was a little under cooked, the shrimp was overlooked. The dish had good flavor. My husband ordered pea ravioli with crab, which was very good. Our waiter was very kind and knowledgable about the wine and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!4timmensDined on 8/27/2014Amazing place, especially for special occasion! Would reccomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Ryan, our waiter, was fantastic. His service and caring touch regarding our anniversary was impeccable. We love the atmosphere and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food, Great Serviceeisbare1986Dined on 8/22/2014Though Pazzo does not mention anywhere on their menu that they have gluten free bread and pasta, I decided to give them a try after reading some reviews that hinted that they are willing to accomodate special recommendations. I am so delighted that we went to Pazzo. The service was amazing, and our waiter was very wiling to work with my gluten intolerance and talk to the chef. The food was AMAZING! I loved that a lot of their food had seasonal ingredients without being too showy about it. I highly recommend Pazzo for a great italian meal.Special Features:
- Personal ServiceBlackAdderDined on 8/15/2014Pazzo did a great job for us Friday night. perfect for a romantic evening. food and wine were memorable. service outstanding. our server heard my dairy allergy and kept a close eye and everything that came to the table. Great job!Special Features:
- Great for Girlfriend's LunchLadiesTeaPartyDined on 8/13/2014Pazzo's has always been great for events large or small. Our birthday lunch was no exception. Our server was pleasant and attentive and brought complimentary Tiramisu for the birthday girls without being asked. Also have a great luncheon combo for a very reasonable price. We will be going back again!Special Features:
- High-end dining ItalianTomFPDXDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful Italian food in a really nice setting downtown. We had a party of 6 and had the back room mostly to ourselves (although there was room for many more). I ordered off menu for me but also had a phenomenal gnochi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmw7Dined on 8/9/2014Superb dining experience. Fast and friendly service without any fault. Made a special occasion a memorable experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- LovetoeatgoodfoodLove2eatgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Whenever I visit Portland I stay at the Vintage Plaza Hotel and have at least one meal at Pazzo's! Great food and and a wonderful selection of wines! Delicious, cozy and right downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodfanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We love this place, it is always good. We eat here whenever we are in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great food, professional service and a nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at it's best!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were looking for Italian and are so happy we went to Pazzo's. I had the gnocchi wild boar ragu and it was incredible! The seasoning was amazing; each bite was savored and an experience unto itself! My husband's meat based pasta dish was just as good. We also had the cauliflower, onion appetizer. It was excellent as well; lightly breaded and flash fried yet not heavy or over done. The wine list was excellent and our server was helpful and friendly. We definitely recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a miss!Momof4Dined on 7/12/2014Pazzo has become one of our favorite Downtown restaurants. The service is always excellent and the food has never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We've been to Pazzo several times now... and it NEVER disappoints. The host was just lovely and our server was a prince of a man. He really knows the menu well. I appreciate that he let us take our time and did not rush us! Drinks were great, the salami appetizer was delicious, the Caesar salad dressing was super fresh and the salad was loaded with shaved Parmesan Reggiano, and our entrees were DIVINE! Thanks for being so consistently good, Pazzo. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good againAndyDined on 7/7/2014Been here several times the past few months. Different servers, but so far has always been excellent service: efficient, attentive but not obtrusive. Both the soup and main course this time seemed overly salty---would encourage use of less or NO salt to better taste the ingredients, (not to mention healthier). Miss the beet salad---wasn't on the menu this time. )-:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experiencing Portland - PazzoGrapevineDined on 7/4/2014I started with their Miso Salad and my husband had the soup of the day. They added Gorgonzola to my salad which was excellent. For our second course my husband had their gnocchi dish which was very good and I had the pea ravioli and crab meat which was pleasant and not very complex. They also have very good wine list which they have set up on i Pads. By using different filters you can find the wine that will work for you. My only complaint was that the service was too good. Personally I like there to be a time lapse between courses and our second course was served very quickly after our first. Pazza provides a solid and pleasant dinning experience and would recommend it if you are on a schedule.Special Features:
- Retirement LunchlunchinitDined on 7/3/2014There were 10 of us seated in the Wine Room. Perfect size, well lit, and no trouble hearing each other. This was a goodbye for an employee who finally at the age of 76 was retiring. She had a delightful time and enjoyed every bite, even got a brownie to go.Special Features:
- Good resturantTigermama96VIPDined on 6/24/2014Pazzo's always slips my mind as a lunch place, however, when I go the place is great. Nice atmosphere, good menu selections and the bread is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 6/22/2014Friends from S.C. had just arrived in Portland from a cross-country plane trip and they wanted a restaurant for dinner that had ambience, not too loud and had great food. A place where we could reconnect and catch up. Our choice of Pazzo made us heroes. Our server, Tara, was very accommodating and took very good care of the four of us. We each had a great Martini and ordered a bottle of wine to have with our meal. We ordered the Salmon (2), Salmon Ravioli, Risotto, 2 Desserts and 2 Cappuccinos The total before gratuity was 228.50. We considered this a fair price for the wonderful food, service and ambiance. We will always return to Pazzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, great servicepdx314Dined on 6/19/2014We have dined at Pazzo several times. It is one of our favorite places in Portland. Good ambience, delicately prepared dishes, excellent wine list, and knowledgeable and courteous service. The pea ravioli with lobster had a great balance of flavors and smooth light sauce that brought them together. The ingredients always taste very fresh. The place is excellent for dining with a small group of friends.Special Features:
- Yum and fun!HorribleVIPDined on 6/19/2014Best waitress ever and made fabulous recommendations! Went back twice! When traveling back to Portland will visit again!Special Features:
- Service was mediocreKSDinerDined on 6/18/2014When making a reservation I specifically indicated that there was a gluten free diner in our party. I have been to Pazzo's before and know that they have gluten free bread. When the waitress served bread at the table she did not bring gluten free bread. We then asked for gluten free bread and she forgot about it and we had to ask again. We were one of only three parties dining at that time. On another note I ordered the salmon and it was delicious.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014I was really looking forward to this meal but it was very disappointing. Our waiter wasn't helpful and mumbled through the meal. We never got to see a wine list or pricing. The food was just so so considering the pricing and we wished we had gone somewhere else.
- tomhitchwineandineDined on 6/3/2014Overall very good (especially the, albeit limited, wine selection). However, the advertised Caesar salad does not qualify as the best in town, maybe not top 10. The ground lamb panini and tomato soup were excellent.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Love Pazzo, a wonderful place to celebrate or to simply enjoy a well made meal. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Brunch SpotrestaurantloverDined on 5/31/2014Although I've enjoyed dinners at Pazzo's, i've never had weekend brunch there. I had spent the morning downtown shoppings and this was the perfect place in the Vintage Plaza to break for a meal. The service was exceptional and they offered a $3 Bellini special and a great choice of brunch items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 682 reviews are from the Pazzo Ristorante reviews archive.
- good italiana foodredinnerDined on 5/24/2014The menu and food really great. The service could be faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeanneVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was fantastic, the service outstanding and the menu was very interesting - not your usual run of the mill pasta dishes, but interesting fresh made pasta including fresh seasonal ingredients such as ramps. Also had a great kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableDavidCioccDined on 5/21/2014First time diner visiting from out of town. Was looking for an Italian restaurant in downtown Portland fit for me and two college boys. Appealing special cocktail list. Some, like the Pazzo Manhattan, are made with homemade ingredients like bitters and bourbon-infused cherries. Delicious. Good selection of wines by the glass. Caesar salad was excellent, as were the cornmeal crusted artichoke hearts. The boys enjoyed the aged NY Strip that was served with kale and spring onions, while I had the pan roasted halibut, cooked to my liking. We're not dessert eaters, so we skipped those. The hostess and service were warm and friendly. All in all a very satisfying meal and experience.Special Features: