627 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pazzo.com/
- Phone: (503) 228-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:30am Breakfast;
Mon-Fri 11:30- 2:30pm Lunch;
Sat and Sun 8am - 2:30pm Brunch;
Mon - Fri 2:30-5:00pm Bar Menu available;
Sat and Sun 2pm- 4:30pm Bar Menu available;
Mon - Thurs 5:00pm - 9:30pm Dinner Menu;
Fri and Sat 5:00- 10:00pm Dinner;
Sun 4:30 - 9:00 Dinner;
Bar Open until Midnight Mon- thurs, Friday & Sat Open until 1am
Sunday open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Eisenhart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page on OpenTable
- Special Events: Please visit our website for Special Events
A word from Pazzo Ristorante
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, just two blocks from Pioneer Square, Pazzo Ristorante features savory regional Italian cuisine focusing on seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pazzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pazzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (36)romantic (30)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- ThreedinersThreedinersDined on 11/24/2014Very nice, quiet location, but we were early. Service was very good. Entrees were well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- late night dinnerpickyEaterDined on 11/20/2014food was exquisite as usual. Compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, great location.ClaudyDined on 11/19/2014Please bring back the Pizetta con aglio e cambanzola - my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian SpotRyanxlVIPDined on 11/17/2014Great location, food and staff. The soup was just "ok", but everything else through desert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience!Dragonlady62Dined on 11/16/2014I took my 7 year old granddaughter here for Sunday brunch before going to a play. The atmosphere was beautiful. Service was great. Food was excellent. Introduced a freshly made chocolate croissant to my granddaughter for the first time, and now she's hooked for life! Look forward to going back for dinner to taste their wine! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to unwind on a Friday nite with familyJBirdieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Excellent wine by the glass to compliment our main course. A dessert to share with all capped off a great evening. Our service and overall experience was very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale atmosphereIluv2dnc52Dined on 11/12/2014Lovely place, great service, extensive wine list, excellent salad, pasta was very good - maybe a tad overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Server was terrible initially tried to push us along. They were not busy enough for another turn from our table. Then she kept disappearing for long stretches. It took her 20 minutes to get the wine. One of our party order a glass of wine during the dessert course. She forgot it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeeVIPDined on 11/8/2014We only visit this formerly great restaurant once a year on our annual trek to Portland. It's lost it's edge! Ran out of 2 items listed on the menu! Food isn't anything that special anymore…...I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as EverRoper001VIPDined on 11/7/2014We had seared Alasken Cod and pasta dish both awesome and tasty. Great service also. Walnut bread was excellent. We have been many times over years and this visit did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Our favorite Portland place!janeDined on 11/1/2014We have always have excellent service at Pazzo -- great food, ambiance, wine, etc.!!Special Features:
- Nice placeShaka7Dined on 10/30/2014Rather strange place, with locations along the street side, but then other dining areas deeper in. Very accommodating, as we split a pasta dish (no refrig in out hotel for doggie bag), and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an all time favchowhoundDined on 10/28/2014Love this place. Whether it's a romantic date or a night out with the kids, this place hits all the right notes. Delicious food and the perfect ambiance. Just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodtigerdgDined on 10/25/2014Knowledgeable staff, both of wine and food. Dinners were nicely presented, with a variety of choices. Extensive wine list, and the choice we had (recommended by our server) was very good and went with our meals very well.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!foodfunDined on 10/18/2014The food, wine and service were all excellent. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weluvsushi29Dined on 10/17/2014We had a group of 9 and were seated in a quieter part of the restaurant which was great. The food was very good. We also enjoyed a yummy breakfast the next morning. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allways a Home Run!BirdVogelDined on 10/9/2014I come because it is always a home run. I always get what I expect at every level. This is a just right place for me. Low key, high energy. Old but new, good location to other things we do, theater, film, art, graet food, good wine wonderful ambience. Price is ok but no higher for portion sizes. It's a hit, don't fix what is not broken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward eveningCustomersRimportantDined on 9/23/2014We came to Pazzo for my husband's birthday. We had made reservations. Despite a number of empty tables, we were taken to sit in a dining room at the back of the restaurant. The only other diners in the room consisted of a large group of 8 with two small children who were running around the tables. After a few minutes it was clear we had to ask to be moved. They dud move us back to the front of the restaurant, with some snide comment by the manager as he seated us at the new table. It is not clear why the hostess decided to seat us initially in the back. Next to a large group. Not sure we will ever go back. Disappointing since this used to be such a great restaurant.
- Nice restaurant for a date nightColiloveDined on 9/19/2014I took my husband our for a date night. He loves Italian food. He was very happy with the restaurant. $15 for a glass of wine was a little pricey.Special Features:
- Cozy and quiet mealanondinerDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding. I had the caprese salad which was not oversold as being "summer on a plate" and a bolognese pasta dish. The panna cotta was also delicious with fresh berries. We couldn't figure out why the restaurant was not very full as the service and food were really great.Special Features:
- Great from start to finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a fabulous meal here starting with the razor clam appetizer and black bean soup to the lemon poppy seed gelato. My husband's pasta entree with a pork,veal ragu as well as my sweet pea stuffed ravioli topped with dungeness crab could not have been better. Our waiter, Alex, as well as the rest of the service staff were both friendly and informative. We cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian eats !!jggfoodfanDined on 9/6/2014Pazzo.. Saturday night after an event..Very nice. Risoto excellent, pizza excellent, soups, appetizers and service.. All quite good. Will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazzo Rocks!bodryeatzDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been going to Pazzo for 20 years. We have yet to have a poor experience. It is always spot on. The food, wine and service are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialKindraDined on 9/6/2014We were drawn here because of our passport card. The menu looked great. When we arrived, we were seated all the way in the back with no one else. It started filling up slowly, but then as we ate our dinner, they sat a group of 6 right in the middle of all of these two person tables, who were very loud and boisterous. Though that's not bad, it wasn't the best place to seat them. I had to speak very loudly for my husband to hear me. Additionally, we waited quite a while after having our appetizers to get our main entrees. Probably about 20 minutes. The food was okay, but not as good as the prices suggested. I had the sweet pea ravioli, and it wasn't very much food. It was mostly pasta with very little filling, though I loved the crab on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid go-to downtown restaurantpdxdinerDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great service. Excellent place for lunch or dinner before a downtown show. Brunch is delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the pizza?ArleneDined on 9/4/2014The serive was pleasant but not exceptionally attentive. The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The Ceaser sold was probably one of the better we have had at a restaurant. Nice garlic balance with Parmesan cheese shavings. The caprese sald was nothing to rave about however. The tomTos were too rip end mushy and there where tomato heels. The gnocchi was absolutely dele ions. So light and fluffy. The boar was tasty although heavily influenced by cognac? The pork was tender and nicely seasons and the pasta was tasty. But again nothing to rave about. And the big question was...where is the pizza? We must be blind. Three outta five stars. We would not rush back to eat here.
- MUCH THANKSTonyDined on 9/3/2014My first time was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice for Portland diningzeldaDined on 9/2/2014Service was professional, friendly and efficient, a delicate combination. Very good wine advice given for diners less familiar with local wines. Risotto and Ravioli entrees were subtle but full of flavour. Carne Cruda melted in our mouths. This is a restaurant where we would try anything they serve - because they know what they're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian foodtangueraDined on 8/31/2014Longing for Italian food, we found this place on a walk home from another restaurant. The food and service were excellent: soup of the day, a minestrone, was perfectly seasoned. The fresh breads were terrific. The English pea ravioli with crab was a unique treat. The cioppino was well seasoned and flavourful. The wine pairings were perfect as well. And the tirami sú was served properly, as a square cut from a larger pan, rather than looking like a parfait, which many places do. If we lived locally, we would certainly be back!Special Features:
- Okay food, good servicejsjuliaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went to this restaurant while visiting Portland. It was across the street from our hotel, didn't think we could go wrong with Italian food. The food okay, I ordered a shrimp risotto. The risotto was a little under cooked, the shrimp was overlooked. The dish had good flavor. My husband ordered pea ravioli with crab, which was very good. Our waiter was very kind and knowledgable about the wine and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!4timmensDined on 8/27/2014Amazing place, especially for special occasion! Would reccomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Ryan, our waiter, was fantastic. His service and caring touch regarding our anniversary was impeccable. We love the atmosphere and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food, Great Serviceeisbare1986Dined on 8/22/2014Though Pazzo does not mention anywhere on their menu that they have gluten free bread and pasta, I decided to give them a try after reading some reviews that hinted that they are willing to accomodate special recommendations. I am so delighted that we went to Pazzo. The service was amazing, and our waiter was very wiling to work with my gluten intolerance and talk to the chef. The food was AMAZING! I loved that a lot of their food had seasonal ingredients without being too showy about it. I highly recommend Pazzo for a great italian meal.Special Features:
- Personal ServiceBlackAdderDined on 8/15/2014Pazzo did a great job for us Friday night. perfect for a romantic evening. food and wine were memorable. service outstanding. our server heard my dairy allergy and kept a close eye and everything that came to the table. Great job!Special Features:
- Great for Girlfriend's LunchLadiesTeaPartyDined on 8/13/2014Pazzo's has always been great for events large or small. Our birthday lunch was no exception. Our server was pleasant and attentive and brought complimentary Tiramisu for the birthday girls without being asked. Also have a great luncheon combo for a very reasonable price. We will be going back again!Special Features:
- High-end dining ItalianTomFPDXDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful Italian food in a really nice setting downtown. We had a party of 6 and had the back room mostly to ourselves (although there was room for many more). I ordered off menu for me but also had a phenomenal gnochi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmw7Dined on 8/9/2014Superb dining experience. Fast and friendly service without any fault. Made a special occasion a memorable experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- LovetoeatgoodfoodLove2eatgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Whenever I visit Portland I stay at the Vintage Plaza Hotel and have at least one meal at Pazzo's! Great food and and a wonderful selection of wines! Delicious, cozy and right downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodfanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We love this place, it is always good. We eat here whenever we are in town.Special Features:
- The following 698 reviews are from the Pazzo Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great food, professional service and a nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.