Pazzo! Italian Cafe
853 5 th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pazzo! Italian Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gr8food.net/
- Phone: 2394348494
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Mattozzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pazzo! Italian Cafe
Welcome to Pazzo! Cucina Italiana, Naples’ Best Italian Restaurant! Come to Pazzo! Cucina Italiana to enjoy great authentic Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere, where everyone feels like family. At Pazzo!“It’s All About The Food!”TM, we make all of our own sauces, pastas, desserts and everything in between from scratch to achieve that hard to resist authentic Italian taste! Nationally known ... Locally Loved!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pazzo! Italian Cafe - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Pazzo! Italian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (38)romantic (36)notable wine list (28)good for groups (22)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A gem on fifth avenueUncinmiDined on 9/27/2014This was our second time in a month and we will be back again very soon. The dishes are authentic and delicious. The wine list is comprehensive but not over the top. Well priced and worth the trip downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John4SueDined on 9/23/2014Very nice dinning experience. We did the 2 dinners with a bottle of wine, it was yummy!Special Features:
- Disappointing changes to the menuHappy2bHereVIPDined on 9/21/2014Although our food was OK, many of our favorites (butternut squash ravioli, the best wedge salad in Naples, salmon dolce) have been removed from the menu. Used to be one of our favorite dining spots, but we won't be returning anytime soon.
- Great dinnerDonnaVIPDined on 9/20/2014we had a great dinner with our friends. All our entries were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for the last timeneveragainVIPDined on 9/20/2014The chandeliers are ALWAYS filthy which in my opinion means that they just don't care. Waiter wished to argue and maitre 'd had no personality and I guess was just hired to walk around. Pazzo will do well with tourists but this was our final dinner. They don't really need our business so we will take it elsewhere.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONCocoDined on 9/19/2014ANOTHER MARVELOUS MEAL GREAT SERVER CHERISE WITH A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR, GREAT FOOD, A MUST RESTAURANT FOR A NAPLES VISIT. BEEN EATING HERE FOR THE PAST 14 YEARS ALWAYS CONSISTANT.........BRAVO........ISpecial Features:
- Always yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014Service was great and food is always wonderful. Except they definitely need to put the Butternut Squash back on the menu. It's the main reason I go there. It was soooo delicious. We tried the Butternut Squash Tortellini and its is not near as good. But overall I love Pazzo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long standing customerOldTimePatronDined on 9/16/2014Our waitress, Kayla, was fantastic. She is a real gem. Very knowlegable,and very helpful, The food was o.k. Nothing memorable but we really didn't expect that. We were customers on the 2nd. day after you opened and have always tried to order the meatloaf but it wasn't on the menue. Why remove a signature dish? Foolish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, unusual foodOldtimefaithfulDined on 9/13/2014We have been going to Pazzo for at least 17 years. Although it is nominally an Italian restaurant, the menu has recently been revised. They may eat this food in Italy, but most people would not be familiar with many of the menu items. That said, take a chance. The food is excellent! You just have to try things that you've never seen before. The chef's creativity and knowledge produces dishes that are really good and interesting. As this is a moderately upscale restaurant, the food is appropriate. Just don't think southern Italian.Special Features:
- Early Dining SpecialsConservDined on 9/11/2014The salmon I ordered was delicious! However, I thought it would come with a choice of salad or soup. It was a small portion.Special Features:
- Still the Best Italian in NaplesRiversideDined on 9/10/2014I've been dining at Pazzo since it opened almost 20 years ago. Restaurants come and go on 5th Avenue but this is still the standard for GREAT food and service. There are some recent additions to the menu, such as the crab stuffed shrimp appetizer, that are not to be missed. Someone at our table said the shortrib meatballs were the best they've ever had in their life. My gorgonzola crusted filet was cooked to absolute perfection. When my family comes to Naples, their first question is "when are we going to Pazzo?"Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnersMarsalaDined on 9/8/2014Becoming a favorite spot to enjoy with friends! Especially like the homemade pasta and Special Dinner menu! Would like the Special Menue to change once in a while. Would give us an opportunity to try new entrees. A plus for the restaurant . The waiter was very good, but got our bills missed up. Not a big problem. In all a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazzo's never disappoints!Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/7/2014Another great meal. The best salmon on Fifth Ave! Our friends from Fort Myers Beach were equally impressed. Great service ( thanks, Charice) as well! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- To pushy!!!!becca27Dined on 9/6/2014If your there for early dining be aware, they want you in and OUT!!! I will not go there again,,,,,I use to love it there, not anymore...very fake people there.....they just want to turn tables, that's it. We use to be very good customers,,,not anymore...our server thought he new everything, very arguementive.....and the manager there, thinks he's God...
- Wish the menu had not changed!EatoutalotDined on 9/3/2014Took friends in town who loved Pazzo last year. We each had our favorite dishes and none of them were on the menu this year! When did the menu change and why did it change so much? We were very disappointed. One ravioli/rib dish my husband ordered this visit was 45.00 which we felt was overpriced. My husband could have had a steak at Chops for less. Our server was kind but was not too helpful with describing the dishes. We had a lot of questions about the new menu. The food that came was delicious but we preferred the options we had from the old menu. I used to recommend this restaurant to everyone but now I hesitate; there are not as many pasta dish options as there used to be. Check the online menu before making a reservation.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Chops, Pazzo have been favorites for 14 years! Can depend on excellence in every aspect.Special Features:
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 8/28/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Promptly & warmly greeted. Nice table. Excellent service by Sam. I had linguine with crab, red, yellow & green peppers & jalapeños, topped with sautéed panko crumbs....delicious. My husband had veal piccata with lemon, butter & capers over linguine. Safe but never the less delicious. For dessert, afogato & tiramisu (both the best we've ever had) rounded out the meal beautifully. Pazzo is an all round winner. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Pazzo Never DisappointsLovestoeatDined on 8/27/2014Pazzo always provides excellent service to go with a delicious meal. Going back soon to try something from the new menu - can't wait.Special Features:
- It's Getting Boring...BosoxDined on 8/21/2014...because I have reviewed this restaurant several times in the past, and nothing has changed. Both of our pasta dishes were excellent, tasty, well prepared, and with very good quantity. Our waiter was most helpful without hanging over us. Our table was well spaced from others, though this might be a problem on crowded nights as some other tables were quite close together. There are some excellent restaurants in Naples, but Pazzo is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time back in several yearsjwc4613Dined on 8/16/2014We haven't been to Pazzo ! for years, no reason, it just dropped out of our rotation of restaurants. Our bad, we found it is still a Gem, food was great. We've put back on our list , and plan to return very soon.Special Features:
- Years of Great ExperiencesExYouperDined on 8/13/2014We found Pazzo many years ago when visiting Naples on business. Since then we've moved to Florida and when we visit Naples we always dine at Pazzo. We've enjoyed the same outstanding dining experience every time.Special Features:
- Early Bird @ PazzoFoodloverDined on 8/10/2014We loved the menu with excellent choice of entrees. The food was beautifully presented and totally delicious. The wine was very good value with choice of Cabernet or Chardonnay, both very drinkable. Our waiter was attentive and charming. This was our second visit because last time we had enjoyed it all so much. We'll be back to sample more of Pazzo's great menu. Congratulations to the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ExcellentVIPDined on 8/9/2014We are new to Naples and this is our second time here. Everything about this place is fantastic. The homemade pastas all excellent. Service is always A+. A lot of attention to detail. This is without a doubt one of our favorites!Special Features:
- What a surprise!DizmeupVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food always good, however, a bad waiter can ruin a meal. Our server was the rudest individual we have ever met. One of our guest did like their meal and the waiter was so rude to her that he didn't even have the manager come over. The meal was taken off bill but he was rather snippy about it. Also, when we asked for something to drink he literally walked away during mid sentence. The icing on the cake was that we didn't even finish our meal when he approached our table and threw the check down and told us here was the desert menu. How can we order desert when the check was already written up?? Very upsetting. We have eaten at both Chops and Pazzo on several occasions and have always praised their service. Will wait to return & recommend.Special Features:
- AwesomeGr8eveningDined on 8/6/2014First time dinning at Pazzos. We will be back, everything was great. We highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- Always deliciousMmmmmmGood1VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great kids menu too. It is on 5th street which is beautiful. It is close to shopping, just one block away. Pazzo has a fabulous italian menuSpecial Features:
- FirstandlasttimeDined on 8/1/2014Very disappointing. Food was marginal at best. Too many options to dine in Naples would not go back.
- Happy Birthday FeastYummyDined on 7/27/2014This was our first visit but will not be our last. I had checked the menu on line and went with it. (Not disappointed at all) every thing was wonderful. Oh, I had the blossom filled appetizer and the crab pasta. Yummy!!!Special Features:
- PazzoPazzoVIPDined on 7/26/2014When we rented for season this was our favorite italian restaurant downtown Naples. Now the prices have been raised to unreasonable levels, the service was terrible and has, in our minds, become one of the worst restaurants on 5th. This is our second time being disappointed and have no plans to return. Whatever has happened whether it be a change of management or direction, it's unfortunate. With all the competition in the area it's was the wrong choice.
- "Pazzo-tively" Delicious!SuperFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Naples. The food and the service are consistently great. They always make you feel like family. The ambiance is very nice and you can actually have a comversation with the other people at your table. My favorite dish is the Wild Boar Pappardelle. WOW! Be sure to save room for their awesome desserts. No matter how you say it... It is "Pazzo-tively" great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyrDined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent. Our server was especially excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special and romantic booth!cool2eatDined on 7/24/2014What a special midweek treat to have dinner before the play we attended down the street. Delicious food and Carlos - the best waiter... the summer two entree and wine special will really keep us coming back!!!Special Features:
- Downtown Naples RestaurantFood4uDined on 7/23/2014Good food, reasonable prices. We enjoyed the Early Bird Special Menu. DidDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodSociandoDined on 7/22/2014I've found this restaurant with Tripadvisor as a lot of other's. Once again I was not disappointed. Everything was good, from the welcome till the leaving. Server was great and friendly, he talked to us about our stay in Florida and gave some address or things to do in New-York for the end of our trip. Food was excellent, well presented and very tasty. I will recommend the restaurant and will go back again before leaving Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongBosoxDined on 7/22/2014Pazzo is always a solid choice for good Southern Italian food. We arrived early enough to get the early special, served until 6. A choice of two entrees and a bottle of wine, which didn't make Parker's list of great vintages but was good enough. We each ordered salads at extra cost. Mine was a very small Caesar, which was fresh and crisp, but did not taste anything like a typical Caesar. My penne was supposed to be spicy but wasn't. Waiter quickly brought pepper flakes. Excellent. My wife's pollo, penne vodka was excellent with prosciutto, artichokes, and grilled (it wasn't)chicken. Service was quick and attentive. Tables were reasonably spaced. A very good night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Unfortunately, for the 1st time in the hundreds of times we have eaten at Pazzo's ~ our fish was not cooked properly. It was quickly corrected but it should not have happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAJBIANCDined on 7/19/2014Caesar salad was awful and dripping in a tasteless creamy dressing with anchovies that didn't taste like anchovies. I informed waiter and he barely apologized. The waiter was in a rush to go home throughout the meal. He brought over the check while finishing our entrees, and said "I can revise the total bill if we wanted coffee and dessert". I've been to Pazzo's a dozen times and this is the first time I was ever disappointed.
- Our waiter William was challenging!SallieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter seemed rude from the start...the bread was definitely not fresh....we asked about different beverages....tried to get a side order with a feature but he said " take it like they make it".... The food was not hot...just warm when it came and by then we were too upset to ask him for anything else....we left after eating. We adore Chops, Blue Wayer, Yabba...the times we have tried Pazzo have been very mediocre....add a belligerent waiter to this time and we don't think we will return to Pazzo. Btw...we have lived here since 1994....and support local restaurants year round. This was a very unacceptable evening. Sallie Wright
- liveinnaplesDined on 7/17/2014We made our reservation only an hour and a half before we dined. The special was a fresh local cobia fish. It was wonderful. The ceasar salad was also. You can tell it was made to order, fresh and chilled. The veal picata was outstanding. I'v been to Pazzo's many times and have never been disappointed. The service is excellent and we tried a new cabernet. Annabella cab 2011, excellent! Last minute. I forgot we had a handicap guest with us, neglecting to notify the reservation. Was not a problem, the staff moved out a chair without blinking an eye. My guests also love the filet mignon and the salmon. We shall return again before season returns.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Every course was amazing! Starters-Panzanella salad, Mussels, burrata & Heirloom tomato salad. Entrees- Veal Milanese (huge veal chop), excellent sauce, filet-perfectly seasoned and cooked, pasta dishes were to die for! Dessert was even better. Tiramisu, Chocolate cake, and Lazagnetta!Special Features: