Pazzo! Italian Cafe
853 5 th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pazzo! Italian Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gr8food.net/
- Phone: 2394348494
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Mattozzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pazzo! Italian Cafe
Welcome to Pazzo! Cucina Italiana, Naples’ Best Italian Restaurant! Come to Pazzo! Cucina Italiana to enjoy great authentic Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere, where everyone feels like family. At Pazzo!“It’s All About The Food!”TM, we make all of our own sauces, pastas, desserts and everything in between from scratch to achieve that hard to resist authentic Italian taste! Nationally known ... Locally Loved!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pazzo! Italian Cafe - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Pazzo! Italian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (46)notable wine list (29)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 8/28/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Promptly & warmly greeted. Nice table. Excellent service by Sam. I had linguine with crab, red, yellow & green peppers & jalapeños, topped with sautéed panko crumbs....delicious. My husband had veal piccata with lemon, butter & capers over linguine. Safe but never the less delicious. For dessert, afogato & tiramisu (both the best we've ever had) rounded out the meal beautifully. Pazzo is an all round winner. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It's Getting Boring...BosoxDined on 8/21/2014...because I have reviewed this restaurant several times in the past, and nothing has changed. Both of our pasta dishes were excellent, tasty, well prepared, and with very good quantity. Our waiter was most helpful without hanging over us. Our table was well spaced from others, though this might be a problem on crowded nights as some other tables were quite close together. There are some excellent restaurants in Naples, but Pazzo is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time back in several yearsjwc4613Dined on 8/16/2014We haven't been to Pazzo ! for years, no reason, it just dropped out of our rotation of restaurants. Our bad, we found it is still a Gem, food was great. We've put back on our list , and plan to return very soon.Special Features:
- Years of Great ExperiencesExYouperDined on 8/13/2014We found Pazzo many years ago when visiting Naples on business. Since then we've moved to Florida and when we visit Naples we always dine at Pazzo. We've enjoyed the same outstanding dining experience every time.Special Features:
- Early Bird @ PazzoFoodloverDined on 8/10/2014We loved the menu with excellent choice of entrees. The food was beautifully presented and totally delicious. The wine was very good value with choice of Cabernet or Chardonnay, both very drinkable. Our waiter was attentive and charming. This was our second visit because last time we had enjoyed it all so much. We'll be back to sample more of Pazzo's great menu. Congratulations to the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ExcellentVIPDined on 8/9/2014We are new to Naples and this is our second time here. Everything about this place is fantastic. The homemade pastas all excellent. Service is always A+. A lot of attention to detail. This is without a doubt one of our favorites!Special Features:
- What a surprise!DizmeupVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food always good, however, a bad waiter can ruin a meal. Our server was the rudest individual we have ever met. One of our guest did like their meal and the waiter was so rude to her that he didn't even have the manager come over. The meal was taken off bill but he was rather snippy about it. Also, when we asked for something to drink he literally walked away during mid sentence. The icing on the cake was that we didn't even finish our meal when he approached our table and threw the check down and told us here was the desert menu. How can we order desert when the check was already written up?? Very upsetting. We have eaten at both Chops and Pazzo on several occasions and have always praised their service. Will wait to return & recommend.Special Features:
- AwesomeGr8eveningDined on 8/6/2014First time dinning at Pazzos. We will be back, everything was great. We highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- Always deliciousMmmmmmGood1VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great kids menu too. It is on 5th street which is beautiful. It is close to shopping, just one block away. Pazzo has a fabulous italian menuSpecial Features:
- FirstandlasttimeDined on 8/1/2014Very disappointing. Food was marginal at best. Too many options to dine in Naples would not go back.
- Happy Birthday FeastYummyDined on 7/27/2014This was our first visit but will not be our last. I had checked the menu on line and went with it. (Not disappointed at all) every thing was wonderful. Oh, I had the blossom filled appetizer and the crab pasta. Yummy!!!Special Features:
- PazzoPazzoVIPDined on 7/26/2014When we rented for season this was our favorite italian restaurant downtown Naples. Now the prices have been raised to unreasonable levels, the service was terrible and has, in our minds, become one of the worst restaurants on 5th. This is our second time being disappointed and have no plans to return. Whatever has happened whether it be a change of management or direction, it's unfortunate. With all the competition in the area it's was the wrong choice.
- "Pazzo-tively" Delicious!SuperFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Naples. The food and the service are consistently great. They always make you feel like family. The ambiance is very nice and you can actually have a comversation with the other people at your table. My favorite dish is the Wild Boar Pappardelle. WOW! Be sure to save room for their awesome desserts. No matter how you say it... It is "Pazzo-tively" great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyrDined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent. Our server was especially excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special and romantic booth!cool2eatDined on 7/24/2014What a special midweek treat to have dinner before the play we attended down the street. Delicious food and Carlos - the best waiter... the summer two entree and wine special will really keep us coming back!!!Special Features:
- Downtown Naples RestaurantFood4uDined on 7/23/2014Good food, reasonable prices. We enjoyed the Early Bird Special Menu. DidDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodSociandoDined on 7/22/2014I've found this restaurant with Tripadvisor as a lot of other's. Once again I was not disappointed. Everything was good, from the welcome till the leaving. Server was great and friendly, he talked to us about our stay in Florida and gave some address or things to do in New-York for the end of our trip. Food was excellent, well presented and very tasty. I will recommend the restaurant and will go back again before leaving Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongBosoxDined on 7/22/2014Pazzo is always a solid choice for good Southern Italian food. We arrived early enough to get the early special, served until 6. A choice of two entrees and a bottle of wine, which didn't make Parker's list of great vintages but was good enough. We each ordered salads at extra cost. Mine was a very small Caesar, which was fresh and crisp, but did not taste anything like a typical Caesar. My penne was supposed to be spicy but wasn't. Waiter quickly brought pepper flakes. Excellent. My wife's pollo, penne vodka was excellent with prosciutto, artichokes, and grilled (it wasn't)chicken. Service was quick and attentive. Tables were reasonably spaced. A very good night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Unfortunately, for the 1st time in the hundreds of times we have eaten at Pazzo's ~ our fish was not cooked properly. It was quickly corrected but it should not have happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAJBIANCDined on 7/19/2014Caesar salad was awful and dripping in a tasteless creamy dressing with anchovies that didn't taste like anchovies. I informed waiter and he barely apologized. The waiter was in a rush to go home throughout the meal. He brought over the check while finishing our entrees, and said "I can revise the total bill if we wanted coffee and dessert". I've been to Pazzo's a dozen times and this is the first time I was ever disappointed.
- Our waiter William was challenging!SallieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter seemed rude from the start...the bread was definitely not fresh....we asked about different beverages....tried to get a side order with a feature but he said " take it like they make it".... The food was not hot...just warm when it came and by then we were too upset to ask him for anything else....we left after eating. We adore Chops, Blue Wayer, Yabba...the times we have tried Pazzo have been very mediocre....add a belligerent waiter to this time and we don't think we will return to Pazzo. Btw...we have lived here since 1994....and support local restaurants year round. This was a very unacceptable evening. Sallie Wright
- liveinnaplesDined on 7/17/2014We made our reservation only an hour and a half before we dined. The special was a fresh local cobia fish. It was wonderful. The ceasar salad was also. You can tell it was made to order, fresh and chilled. The veal picata was outstanding. I'v been to Pazzo's many times and have never been disappointed. The service is excellent and we tried a new cabernet. Annabella cab 2011, excellent! Last minute. I forgot we had a handicap guest with us, neglecting to notify the reservation. Was not a problem, the staff moved out a chair without blinking an eye. My guests also love the filet mignon and the salmon. We shall return again before season returns.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Every course was amazing! Starters-Panzanella salad, Mussels, burrata & Heirloom tomato salad. Entrees- Veal Milanese (huge veal chop), excellent sauce, filet-perfectly seasoned and cooked, pasta dishes were to die for! Dessert was even better. Tiramisu, Chocolate cake, and Lazagnetta!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerfoorRUsDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated my daughter's 28th birthday because it is her favorite restaurant. We were not disappointed. We ordered off the summer special menu and the level of food and service was just as outstanding as when we visited in the busy winter season. We will return. A true gem among the many choices in NaplesSpecial Features:
- suebookDined on 7/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Naples! The menu constantly changes and explores and the food consistenly surpasses my expectatations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodNaplesResidentDined on 7/14/2014We've eaten here many times. The food is very good and innovative. The service is generally good to very good. This past time, it was exceptional. It's a nice place, not very quiet in season, quite pleasant during the summer. Interesting bar scene in season.Special Features:
- recommendedpatti1964VIPDined on 7/13/2014Pazzo! was recommended by a seasonal local as one of their favorite Italian restaurants. I went with my husband and daughter and all three of us thought the food was ok. Maybe we ordered too safely (chicken parm, penne bolognese, burrata w tomato) and they are known for some fantastic dish that we didn't know about. Anyway, it was just "fine".Special Features:
- Love Pazzo!NancyDined on 7/4/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Naples. Food is always great! They have a gluten free menu for my guest which is very important when dining out. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. The salmon dish has an exceptional mix of flavors. I highly recommend it. We ate before the fireworks and walked down 5th to the beach after dinner. Outdoor dining in season adds to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Just OK !!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014I went with my wife and daughter, it was OK, I would not rush or recommend, expensive, service was like being at a dinerSpecial Features:
- Disappointing ServiceLive2eatDined on 7/3/2014Service was slow. Wait person seemed harried and did not properly address diners' questions. One special request was not addressed, thus causing all diners to wait at least 10 minutes until her dinner was served. No apology, by the way. This regular customer will return because the food and service has been great in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding In Every WaysoxfanDined on 7/1/2014We had a wonderful evening at Pazzo. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. The food was presented beautifully and tasted just as good as it looked. We will definitely be back, and would not hesitate to recomment Pazzo to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of The BesttominnaplesVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food and service is one of the best in Naples. Great decor.Special Features:
- great eveningweeziemcdDined on 6/27/2014Our server Adrian was outstanding! He was pleasant, efficient, knowledgeable and went above to get us the roasted garlic we kept begging him for :) The food was delicious and served hot and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerBear2VIPDined on 6/26/2014Delicious. Early bird was perfect. The server did a great job. Will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed !MarsalaDined on 6/24/2014Party of 4- ordered from the regular menu. One person ordered Chicken Parm. It was burnt and dry! It was sent back. The next one was less burnt and dry, but not sent back again as everyone would be finished. Next, my husband ordered a pasta dish with sausages and found it so SPICY that he could only eat the pasta and two pieces of the sausage! It was not stated on the menu that it was SPICY! He simply left the rest not wanting to send another dish back. When Pazzo called the next day, I was honest and told them the story. I was told I would get a call from the manager. Two days later he did call and I told the story to him. He simply said he would tell the head chef. You would have thought he would have offered a free drink!Special Features:
- Good, but forgettableJohnPDined on 6/22/2014The food was good, but nothing I hadn't had before and slightly forgettable. We ordered a bottle of wine, which took almost 30 minutes to receive. Once brought to the table the cork shattered and instead of straining into a decanter for us to sample, the waiter poured straight into a glass and asked me to taste. It smelled horrible, and tasted awful. Not the proper way to handle a spoiled, corked bottled of wine especially with a $164 price tag. The wine that we replaced it with was wonderful, though. It is not likely that we will return or recommend. Sadly, we were looking forward to dining here as a friend of ours recommended, but were sorely disappointed.Special Features:
- Fabulous!2Fulltimenaplesresidents2Dined on 6/21/2014We celebrated a 70th and 88th birthday dinner with extended family at Pazzo. Our waiter Adrian was exceptional and the food was delicious. Our entire party was thrilled with the lovely dining experience and ambiance of the restaurant. Thank you for making this special dinner a wonderful memory for all if us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeLoyalVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I are from out of town and decided to try Pazzo. Food and service were excellent. I had the shrimp appetizer and the Bolognese main course. Both were outstanding. Service was first rate and we loved the warm greeting as we entered the restaurant.Special Features:
- Yum!!CrosenblattVIPDined on 6/20/2014Pazzo is consistently great food and great service. This is our "go to" restaurant for Italian done very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things Never ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I have been dining at Pazzo! for 18 years, and I have never been disappointed. Food is fantastic and portions adequate. Service is outstanding! The best part is that when I started going to Pazzo, Dana was my waiter of choice, and he is now the GM!! Although, living in Naples, I understand that the restaurants need "snowbirds" and tourists, but I love that I can know get reservations without having to wait weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.