1425 Aliceanna St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pazorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4105347296x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm. Bar Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:45am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm.
PAZO Pizza Hour: Monday - Friday from 5-7PM
$5 Pizzas, Wine & Cocktails are available in the bar & lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pazo
Pazo features a southern Italian menu that includes seafood, meats on the wood fired grill, hand-formed pastas, and classic pizzas. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored historic two-story venue with an open kitchen,posh booths, mezzanine dining and inviting bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Pazo reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (100)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (71)good for groups (62)hot spot (48)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (24)great for brunch (11)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- first and last visitTootsVIPDined on 8/24/2014The fish was fresh but a rather unremarkable preparation. My basil pasta with crab was good. My husband's pasta with mushrooms and fava beans was so salty it was unpalatable and had to be returned. They brought out another freshly prepared portion and it was better. Nothing great! Overall, the food was mediocre at best. They wine list and service was good.
- Liked old menu betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014I have been to Pazo many times over the years and it has always been one if my all time favorites. I was a bit disappointed that they changed the menu. I really loved the Spanish tapas that Pazo was known for. As always the ambiance was great and the service is amazing which makes this place such a special treat. I just wish they had left the menu alone. It was great as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sampled several small platesGinaDined on 8/21/2014We had a great night sampling 7 small plates and sharing a nice bottle of wine recommended by the Som. I plan to keep Pazo on my list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu--very good but not greatEd46VIPDined on 8/19/2014Pazo has changed its menu to "northern Italian" and in my view has lost some of what I loved about it. Had dinner there on 8/19 and while the service was as always attentive and outstanding, and the food I ordered was well-prepared and presented, I kind of mourn the loss of the tapas and small plates that were the hallmark of the original Pazo and that I thought were as good if not better than any I had in Spain. So the Foreman Wolf machine has re-invented the restaurant and maintains its high standards of food quality and service, but it is really too bad that they did not retain some of the small plates (e.g. tuna crudo and white anchovies) that really made Pazo a stand-out.Special Features:
- OK, but declining...?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We make the 70 mile trip once a year for the past 4 years. I love the structure, the service, however place was dead on a Saturday night... so sad, I hope they make it. I really love this place. Ouzo Bay has stolen all of the clientele and former energy. we left Pazo at approx. 11:30 pm, and we were the next to the last group to leave. As we drove around the corner, Ouzo Bay was JAMMED PACKED with super energy, standing room only... I think Pazo may have to reconsider adding the live DJ back on their perch. Every since the decision to do away with the DJ, the atmosphere has continually weakened, so sad. I want Pazo to survive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnertanyaDined on 8/16/2014The staff was friendly. Food was good. I made reservations for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I called to see if they could accommodate a special request----birthday candle on dessert and he said yes. When our server, Andrew, arrived, I had asked him if he was aware that it was my boyfriend's birthday, and he replied yes. When we ordered the dessert, they forgot my special request, but I didn't say anything. It was disappointing, but still nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise !rowdydowDined on 8/14/2014We were surprised to find sich an oasis of quality dining in Baltimore's Fells Point neighborhood. Also surprising - the menu had changed recently to emphasize Italian cuisine. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazo, not so muchjjachDined on 8/13/2014We went to Pazo for a birthday celebration. We had 8 people in our party. The place is magnificient! Beautiful and open, with a european atmosphere. The food was awful. The appetizers and entrees were so small, it was unbelievable. Not that I need a big bowl of pasta to keep me happy. But even a moderate portion of food would have been acceptable. And the food was so oily. All of it. We ordered entrees and pizzas, after our tiny appetizers (which we ordered the large portions, because we were afraid we wouldn't be able to see our food!) and the pizzas came out over 5 minutes after everyone else got their food. The waiter was very attentive. Very nice. But, he wasn't the chef.
- Beth!lamoreDined on 8/10/2014Our server gave us excellent service :) very courteous and even knew some sign language. The food was excellent. We especially loved the guanaceli (sp?) pizza. Overall it was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantDaisy4648Dined on 8/9/2014The ambience of the facility is beautiful. The food excellent and the service great. Thank you, Beth, your service was terrific. This restaurant should be in the top 10 restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffFormerSFchowhoundsDined on 8/9/2014Pazo rocks Italian seafood and pasta like you would expect in Rome. Scroll pasta with mushrooms and bucatini pasta with pork were fantastic. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week findBmoreRDDined on 8/7/2014Me and a friend went to Pazo for dinner as part of restaurant week($30 for 3 courses). The servers were very attentive, the cocktails were great. I got the mussel salad and crab fettuccine. The salad was really tasty and different the crab dish was nothing special. But I tried my friend's Pizza and it was delicious. Would definitely come back for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merandyDined on 8/6/2014Perhaps one of the most beautiful restaurants in Bmore. Attentive service. Intelligent wine list. Sadly, (very sadly, in fact) the food did not live up to expectations. There was nothing wrong or bad about it; it simply did not deliver in the wow! department. But I have to say I would return in a heartbeat and try other items............................Special Features:
- Better than expected!NewfoodieDined on 8/3/2014After reading some recent reviews that dissed the new Italian menu and complained of small portions, I was worried our visit would be a bust. We arrived before the big crowds (5:30 pm) and received great service and a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeffVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was very good. The food was a bit above average. The restaurant was somewhat loud. We would go back again.
- Under a canopy skyBavetteDined on 8/2/2014I had been waiting for a special occasion to go to Pazo. I had seen the pictures and knew it would be special. The atmosphere did not disappoint. The service was good for being crowded during Restaurant Week. There was only one mishap with the order and it was promptly fixed. The crispy eggplant served with the hanger Steak was the highlight of the meal. The pound cake was not quite right, lacking flavor and enough fruit to make it worth finishing. I was disappointed that the dessert item that I wanted was no longer on the restaurant week menu, having studied it pretty much everyday the week leading up to dinner. I won't be in a hurry to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoccerosDined on 8/1/2014Great service, food, and ambience. One of the best dining experiences we have had in Baltimore. Well definetely return.Special Features:
- Everything was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014This place is really amazing. We went during restaurant week and every single course (times three because we all shared!) was fantastic. The wine pairings with each course were clearly carefully chosen and accented the flavors nicely. The servers were friendly, patient, and attentive. The building itself is really beautiful; high ceilings, well-chosen decor. I would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- my opinion.willbebacktoeatDined on 8/1/2014I thought everything was great except I was disappointed with the eggplant because it was deep fried & did not have the taste of eggplant. It was served with the hangar steak which was good. Our waiter was fantastic. It was not stated on the Restaurant Menu that it was to be deep fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad idea, bad food, good drinksNatalieDined on 7/30/2014First off all, if you have been to Pazo when it was still serving the great, creative tapas, be happy. That wonderful place is long gone. Keep the memories, don't go back. If you have not been to Pazo, go to get a drink and to see the place. The atmosphere is still amazing, and the house specialty drinks -at least the two my husband and I had- were very good. Unfortunately, they are now just another overpriced Italian restaurant in an area full of Italian restaurants. I can name two other places I'd rather go for Italian, both high-end and family style. Both are walking distance from Pazo. Out of two full meals, the best food we had was the Burrata appetizer, and that was small. The meat in my pasta was sour. Lamb dish was tiny.
- Love the new menu.BaltimoreMomDined on 7/27/2014I had a couple of mediocre meals years ago when Pazo first opened and never went back. Went with a group of four people to try the new Italian menu, and the food was terrific! This fabulous space now has food to match its setting.Special Features:
- great spotcadamzDined on 7/25/2014great spot to bring out of town guests. pazo has been around for a long time, and is known for the grand entrance, and great interior layout. the food is good and enjoyable for a social dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPoppins04Dined on 7/20/2014This was our first visit to Pazo and definitely will not be our last. The interior is warm and inviting, the service impeccable and the food was excellent. Our waiter, Devon, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. It was a totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- UnfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Why change a good thing? Pazo was great before. The new menu (both food and drinks) are less than half the size and no where near as tasty. Extremely disappointed. Will not be returning.
- Great ServiceCapHazVIPDined on 7/19/2014First time at Pazo since the concept change to Italian. GREAT Service. Food was very good and not overly expensive. I would highly reccommend a night out at Pazo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014had a wonderful meal with good friends. the food and service were impeccable. will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JermamakDined on 7/18/2014I appreciated the attention to detail and the courtesy of the restaurant staff from my entry to my exit that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food selectionsDaisy4648Dined on 7/18/2014The food was great except for one notable exception. I ordered the $29 Hanger Steak and while it was tasty, the portion size was so small I thought it was an appetizer. It was noticeable to all at the table. Everything else was great-The service was wonderful ( I believe Yonna). We loved the restaurant and will return but won't order the steak!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerBabetteDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful decor and atmosphere. Interesting menu. Erin Harper and all of the staff were wonderful to make a delightful birthday experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off-putting loud musicEmsDiningDined on 7/6/2014There seemed to be miscommunications that ended up loading us with too many rich foods at once. Because of the loud instrumental music, wait staff appeared out of nowhere, needed to repeat themselves, and gave us things that we had already turned down from other staff. Exhausting.Special Features:
- Beautiful Spot... Food is just "OK"YPFoodieDined on 7/5/2014The service is top notch, the restaurant décor is beautiful but the food fell short of expectations.Special Features:
- New menu a disappointmentBmoreDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went to Pazo, a former favorite, not realizing the entire menu had been reinvented. No longer a tapas restaurant, its menu is now unexciting and lacks the variety and Catalan cuisine that made it so great. The cuisine itself is still delicious. The calamari were perfectly seasoned and prepared, as were the ravioli. But the best and only options on the menu for me were CALAMARI and RAVIOLI. I could have gone anywhere and paid substantially less for that in any number of places. We were so disappointed. While the food was good, the portions were meager, the price was high, and the originality and variety that once made Pazo our go-to spot are now gone. RIP, Pazo. We miss you already.
- Fantastic ServiceAnniversaryDined on 7/1/2014Recently celebrated anniversary there and staff were aware. Welcomed with complimentary champagne to start one of the best service experience we have ever had. Would recommend this restaurant based on service, food and cost as a real gem!Special Features:
- AmazingRPX1197Dined on 6/28/2014Picked it for a date. Got there at 7 and had drinks at the lounge before the 8PM reservation. The food was the best I've had at a restaurant in years. The service was outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A Nice night!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Great food, great drinks, and a nice atmosphere. PAZO is still a great place for a nice meal. They also have valet right outside.Special Features:
- Wonderful new menuRonnieDined on 6/27/2014Pazo's continues to provide consistently superb service and fantastic food . . . please stop by and check out their new menu!Special Features:
- Enter ParadisewhenInRomeDined on 6/27/2014Our large group ended up enjoying Pazo from their comfortable bar/lounge area. The happy hour pizza special ($5 for a generously sized and delicious pizza) was a great deal and the flavors were excellent. This was only topped by Pazo's amazing other menu options, specifically the Chicken Spiedini and their Chocolate Olive Oil Cake. We were all very impressed by the food and the casual yet refined (and gorgeously appointed) dining atmosphere. I definitely recommend this for large groups and small, romantic get-togethers. I hope to return myself for a special dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian not SpanishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2014I was quite disappointed in the switch from Spanish style tapas to Italian food. The reason I loved pazo was its true tapas. Now it's just like any other Italian restaurant. I wish they wouldn't have switched. Still great service And wonderful atmosphere, as always even though there's a food style change.Special Features:
- JamesDined on 6/21/2014Amazing place to eat. What a perfect dining experience! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsZenaDined on 6/16/2014Food is awesome and atmosphere is great. The lamb slider was amazing as was the lamb pasta dish and the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.