1425 Aliceanna St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pazorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4105347296x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm. Bar Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:45am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm.
PAZO Pizza Hour: Monday - Friday from 5-7PM
$5 Pizzas, Wine & Cocktails are available in the bar & lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pazo
Pazo features a southern Italian menu that includes seafood, meats on the wood fired grill, hand-formed pastas, and classic pizzas. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored historic two-story venue with an open kitchen,posh booths, mezzanine dining and inviting bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Pazo reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)special occasion (93)romantic (87)good for groups (69)notable wine list (68)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (20)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A shadow of its former selfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Pazo used to be one of my favorite places to dine. Last 2 times I have been, the food has only been fair. Both times they were out of a couple of items. Still has great ambiance, but I'll think I'll look elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- Who knew!!AgfoxDined on 10/11/2014I had planned to try another restaurant but no one answered the phone. Hmmm. So contacted one of my foodie friends who suggested Pazo. My party of three couldn't have been happier. Great table. Excellent waitstaff..patient,helpful and pleasant! We did the price fixe menu so there were 9 dishes to try. All were tasty with nice presentation. Wine was reasonably priced. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ Ambiance, C Servicefoodie123Dined on 10/10/2014Beautiful, spacious restaurant. Great for parties and special occasions. The food is good, but the service was lacking. Our waiter forgot to put one of the entrees in and so I had to eat my steak while my boyfriend waited for his food. The waiter simply brought a side of broccoli to make up for it. For the price of the food and drinks, you'd expect more attentive waiters.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Exceptional in every respect. Food was fresh and flavorful. Service was spot on. Atmosphere was inviting and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The transitionTruFeebackVIPDined on 10/8/2014The transition from Spanish tapas to Italian is underway. As sad as it may seem, one can still construct a vibrant and varied small plate meal from the menu. The three course prix fix @$45 is a god value with appropriate offerings. Wine is still well curated and service is up to Foreman-Wolf standards of restaurant operation. Pazo remains the most dramatic restaurant space - maybe within 5 states. Embrace the change and revisit.Special Features:
- Excellent!CKELDined on 10/4/2014This place is beautiful inside! I asked the server to chose my meal... It was outstanding! The service and attention was impeccable! Thanks for a dreamy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawnDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the selection of choices on the menu, the quality, presentation and the taste of the food. The only downside is the portions were rather small for the price. We would consider going to the restaurant again. The staff went out of their way to make our daughters birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 10/4/2014Went there as a first timer with some girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and I must say...The Best experience ever! The staff was friendly and professional and very attentive! The food was great! I tried the 3 course dinner and a few small dishes! Everything was good! Even the complimentary crackers and bread! I would definitely recommend this resturant to others and look forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Came in to celebrate a new job and birthday. Food was great, drinks were great, service was great. Always a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Foor was suberb as one would expect from a Foreman/Wolf venue. Service was slightly off with a little miscommunication between service persons. Not like Charleston, Cinghalie, or Petit Louis. Just a notch lower. Maitre'D knowledgeable about wine, but slightly offensive and not in tune with who was in control of the party. Slight case of arrogance and presumption overriding clear cogent thinking. The old Spanish accents definitely do not communicate the new Southern Italian theme. While I like the cuisine much better now, I found it just a little off thematically, I understand the expense would be prohibitive to change at this point. Just a little thing, like watching a movie supposedly set in the '50's and seeing a car from the sixties.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very rude. While asking about food on the menu I was told to hurry because the meter was running. He made for a very uncomfortable dinning experience. Food was delicious but I would not go back because of him.
- Not impressedItiswhatitisDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted to enjoy the experience more (since it was my anniversary dinner) but just didn't. The menu selection just isn't what they were a few years ago. $5.00 each for a prawn...was hoping for a larger portion, and I could have done without the head, since once that was removed it was only about 1 1/2" long.Special Features:
- DisappointingTucolexDined on 9/26/2014The menu has changed and the food isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Very pricey for mediocre food. The space is beautiful but the food no longer measures up. I cannot imagine they'll be able to stay in business given the cost of dining here vs the mediocre food quality.Special Features:
- FANTASTICWindow726Dined on 9/22/2014The food was amazing, however our waitress truly made our dining experience exceptional. We felt like we were her only table, but trust me she had many! I would recommend Pazo to anyone who is entertaining clients, trying to impress someone special, or if your a foodie, for all around great dining. The Swordfish was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazo Italian MenuPandaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Pazo. Tony Foreman himself greeted us and sent over some complimentary appetizers which were much appreciated. He also recommended a wonderful and well priced Italian wine. Our server was knowlegeable, helpful and pleasant. The noise level was lower than before and we had a great view of the whole dining room from upstairs. The food was delicious with much variety.Special Features:
- Excellence, continuedKikiDined on 9/20/2014The Foreman Wolf group always seems to exceed expectations and they've done it again with the revamped Pazo concept. We enjoyed dining at Pazo with its previous Spanish menu. The new Southern Italian menu does not disappoint. There are favorites for the traditional eaters in the group as well some new tastes for the foodie.Special Features:
- IneptMarclawVIPDined on 9/19/2014Pazo has a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Baltimore. I would believe it if the only consideration was the food, but dining here requires you to experience what this establishment considers "service". The three course fixed price dinner for our party was nothing short of a three hour ordeal. Our server visited our table every 45 minutes, apparently because he went home in between courses, the host served us a bottle of clearly corked wine and was angry when we asked why she poured it the same decanter as our unfinished first bottle, the restaurant manager refused to come to our table and everyone working at Pazo acted as if this was standard operating procedure. No meal is with this kind of ineptitude.
- ReturnTravellerDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time back since Pazo had and Italian Menu makeover. Very well done. Everything we had was excellent, prepared perfectly and delicious. But not only the food, the service and a very knowledgeable sommelier were first rate. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not anymorekathyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Waited an hourandahalf for bread to arrive when it came time for check waitress disappeared and all they offered was a free dessert and by that time my husband had fallen asleep at table
- foodsimbaDined on 9/17/20143rd year in a row we as a group have been at Pazo. Portions were smaller and my enthusiasm for this location has fallen. Still a beautiful setting - however, food was less than outstanding.
- What a wonderful experienceGr8foodDined on 9/16/2014We went for our 25th anniversary. Our waitress was lovely, we asked about a wine & she gave us her thoughts. She paced the meal timing very well. I asked about several entrees. I ordered the fish. I wish I were able to prepare the food as well. The presentation was very attractive. Due to our celebration they brought a wonderful chocolate desert. This was our 2nd time at Pazo's. Each time the ambiance was outstanding as was the service, food and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIMITED MENUSTEVEPDined on 9/13/2014Overall the experience was nice. Service was attentive, pacing was perfect, and ambiance is spectacular. However, the menu is limited: freshness and portions are spot on, but only the pizza ordered as an appetizer was worth raving about. The other selections from mussels,heirloom tomato salad with peaches, to small plates pastas and finally the dinners of fish( two bronzini and one monk) were all somewhat pedestrian. Cooked well but not noteworthy from the standpoint of flavor or uniqueness. It was our second visit in three years and the first time was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great room & service but food ugh!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the room and service but food so-so. Got risotto balls/dry and chicken skewers/rubber & flabby meat then the pizza which was under cooked and soggy. Oven def not hot enough. Server offered to fix it but the rest of the table was eating and I ate only one slice. Manager brought over sorbet for service recovery and I was told I should have known it would have been soggy from the sauce. Left a poor impression and won't hurry back if ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the look and feelAladygolferDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent and the service was beyond expectation. Cool place, I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourDebbrzoDined on 9/12/2014Can't beat the happy hour and beautiful ambiance had a great night thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I always have a great time when I go to Pazo. This time I went with a moderately-sized group from work and everyone enjoyed themselves tremendously. The food and wine are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location LocationswaynesworldDined on 9/9/2014Pazo's was phenomenal. Super easy to get to in this swanky part of town. Its a huge restaurant that looks like a gutted out factory building with exposed beams and bricks but it may be rustic charactersitically but it is very upscale. The squid/octopus was tasty and the salmon as a main course was perfectly prepared and cooked. A can't miss dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, fair serviceOlivierDined on 9/7/2014It was a try quiet evening (just a few tables) so the ambiance wasn't at its' best of course, but the place is beautiful and the food was very good. The service was disappointing. Even though we didn't miss of anything during our dinner, we didn't see smiles of the personnel's face. It was so different from what we've experienced in other restaurants of Baltimore. I'm not sure we'll go back to Pazo.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDaisy4648Dined on 9/6/2014We love Pazo's!! The food, service and ambiance is superb! The menu changes every so often, but the quality is always top notch. It is rated as one of the top 50 restaurants in Baltimore....but it should be in the top 5.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This was excellent. We loved every bite of everything we had. You must eat here when in Baltimore.Special Features:
- One of my favsJimHVIPDined on 8/31/2014The team there knows how to make any occasion very special. The menu changes frequently and is filled with many delicious choices. My favorite aspects are the ambiance and the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susankVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the first time we ate at Pazo since they changed to an Italian format. I think the change is for the better. The food was quite good. The small pizzas are excellent. I had the bronzini and it was out of this world. The restaurant seems much quieter than it used to be and that is a good thing. My only complaint was that it took a very long time for our server to take our drink orders. It was at least 20 minutes. Otherwise, we were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Love the DramaFoodVixenDined on 8/29/2014When you enter a sweeping space like the one at Pazo, it can welcome or overwhelm. This restaurant's warm and sumptuous vibe definitely beckons you in. Backing up the greeting are top notch cocktails, innovative and delicious Mediterranean cuisine and a fine wine list. A lovely pampered ending to a busy week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pazo!CAM6195Dined on 8/29/2014Everything about Pazo is perfect. Location, ambiance, service and food. My husband and I aren't light eaters so we knew to order a few appetizers as well as a the 3 course dinner entree. Portions are very small. But it is a tapas style so it's to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We were in for pizzas and drinks before a movie. We enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere and service. We definitely want to return for a more formal meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningrmargDined on 8/28/2014We came to Pazo on a Thursday evening to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant was not overly crowded, so upon arrival we were offered to sit in the lounge area and have a cocktail before heading to our table, which we gladly took them up on! Once at our table, we decided to share a variety of tapas- some favorites were the pizza with eggplant and buffalo cheese, the avocado and crab bruschetta, and the grilled octopus- the octopus was the best I have ever had, it was perfectly cooked and not chewy like you find at most restaurants. The ambiance of the restaurant was wonderful and it is beautifully decorated. We spent well over 2 hours enjoying our food and drinks and left very full and extremely happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first and last visitTootsVIPDined on 8/24/2014The fish was fresh but a rather unremarkable preparation. My basil pasta with crab was good. My husband's pasta with mushrooms and fava beans was so salty it was unpalatable and had to be returned. They brought out another freshly prepared portion and it was better. Nothing great! Overall, the food was mediocre at best. They wine list and service was good.
- Liked old menu betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014I have been to Pazo many times over the years and it has always been one if my all time favorites. I was a bit disappointed that they changed the menu. I really loved the Spanish tapas that Pazo was known for. As always the ambiance was great and the service is amazing which makes this place such a special treat. I just wish they had left the menu alone. It was great as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sampled several small platesGinaDined on 8/21/2014We had a great night sampling 7 small plates and sharing a nice bottle of wine recommended by the Som. I plan to keep Pazo on my list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu--very good but not greatEd46VIPDined on 8/19/2014Pazo has changed its menu to "northern Italian" and in my view has lost some of what I loved about it. Had dinner there on 8/19 and while the service was as always attentive and outstanding, and the food I ordered was well-prepared and presented, I kind of mourn the loss of the tapas and small plates that were the hallmark of the original Pazo and that I thought were as good if not better than any I had in Spain. So the Foreman Wolf machine has re-invented the restaurant and maintains its high standards of food quality and service, but it is really too bad that they did not retain some of the small plates (e.g. tuna crudo and white anchovies) that really made Pazo a stand-out.Special Features: