1425 Aliceanna St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pazorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (410) 534-7296
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday: Closed. Bar Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:45am;
PAZO Pizza Hour: Monday - Friday from 5-7PM
$5 Pizzas, Wine & Cocktails are available in the bar & lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pazo
Pazo features a southern Italian menu that includes seafood, meats on the wood fired grill, hand-formed pastas, and classic pizzas. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored historic two-story venue with an open kitchen,posh booths, mezzanine dining and inviting bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Pazo reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (98)romantic (84)good for groups (75)notable wine list (69)hot spot (49)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (17)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ClimbingharnessDined on 11/21/2014Third time back to Pazo and overall the experience was nice. Our table was in the corner and there was a cross breeze which made it a little cold. The food tasted great as usual, even though it was a bit pricey. I really enjoy the atmosphere at Pazo. If I had more money, I would eat there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the spanish tapa menu betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/20/2014the food was good but the previous menu much more diverse and interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The old and the newGOurmetDined on 11/14/2014I loved Pazo under the old format and went frequently, taking guests from all over the world who were impressed. Now it is good, but not as distinctive or interesting foodwise. Not worth putting up with the noise level on weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmnopDined on 11/10/2014An okay evening, but pace was slow (was a Monday night and not crowded). They mixed up an order, and I don't think they were going to acknowledge it and hope we just didn't notice.
- Tapas no mashungrybellyDined on 11/8/2014maybe bad luck maybe poor planning...but when the local paper rates the restaurant as having the best tapas in town one would expect to be able to order tapas. Pazo has seemingly and unexplainably changed from an Spanish based menu to an Italian menu. Visit at your own digression. A night on the town would be better spent at the fork and wrench (right down the street) or Peters as I am reminded by my soon to be ex-girlfriend :)Special Features:
- Paso delivers againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014What's better than a restaurant that delivers consistent quality? Nothing. Once again, the service was excellent from the minute we walked in the door, the food was delicious, and being a novice with Italian wines, the sommelier was a great help in choosing a wine that delivered exactly the flavors and notes we were looking for. And of course, the décor and atmosphere are spectacular. This is a favorite spot both for our nights out as a couple and for client dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We are from out of state and wish there was a restaurant like this at home. Great atmosphere, great service, and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, tasty selectionsbilliefoodieDined on 11/4/2014It is a fantastic looking place, dramatic and well designed and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They seemed to be happy to see us. The menu was limited but everything we tried was outstanding. It was a fancy place, although they told us about their happy hours and casual bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PazoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I was really pleased with the food. All of the four courses were wonderful. In addition, the waiter was very knowledgeable and descriptive of the courses as well as the wine list, which further impressed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time it was just OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Been three times before and really enjoyed it, but this time the service was not very good and the food was not very warm. Our waitress started out being way too attentive to the point where my date and I both felt rushed to eat our food or make a decision before she came back. Then after the first 30 minutes, she disappeared for 30 minutes or more and then came back with the same attentiveness again. In addition, there was one particular warm dish that we ordered that did not come out very warm, so within 10 minutes, it was already cold. It was a pizza, so cold pizza, isn't a bad thing, but you shouldn't get that in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night OutMeganVIPDined on 10/31/2014The Prix Fixe dinner is well worth the $45. Table favorites were the Maccaronara, the Spaccatelli and he Veal Meatballs. As well, the setting is super cute. Has a really nice lounge area, so is also a cool place to come for a couple of cocktails.Special Features:
- Delectable DishesRonnieDined on 10/31/2014My friend and I recently visited Pazo's, and the dishes on the new menu were delectable! The service was excellent, the drinks were fabulous, and all the staff were friendly. As always, we had the best time and can't wait to see you again!Special Features:
- Client dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014My clients from Central PA loved this restaurant ! And I plan on returning with new clients next fall.Special Features:
- Ok- won't returnlikemesomefoodDined on 10/25/2014We got there about 15 minutes early and after 25 minutes passing I inquired about an "approximate time for when we would be seated"- some guy responded who was very strange-- and didn't know what personal space was. He was staring at my in the most odd way, as though he was trying to make me feel uncomfortable. He was a little short with me, and didn't seem to be listening to my question (he got defensive, and I wasn't getting angry or anything! I was just asking). Anyway, the hostest, bartender, and our waitress were all nice! Their menu changed since I had last been there- it was really pricey for what actual came out. Don't think I would go back...but I am glad I went so I now know this!Special Features:
- Wonderful NightgreatDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant's atmosphere is like no other restaurant you've seen before! It's gorgeous inside. It's very open, yet still feels cozy and intimate. The service is outstanding. It's a great place to go if you want to be able to hang out for a while. My boyfriend and I were there for over 3 hours on a Friday night without being rushed out. This is easily my favorite restaurant in Baltimore if you're looking for a classy, relaxing, spectacular evening. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menu is a bustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014do not care for new menu. food was good quality but flavors did not mix well. disappointed that Pazo has gone away from its Spanish inspired tapas that I've come to love
- Relaxing visitkateewaldVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a relaxing visit to Pazo with nice food and service. Thanks!Special Features:
- Pleasant FindPNyeMaillardDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I chose Pazo for our wedding anniversary, and were pleased with our selection. The Avocado & Local Crab Bruschetta was phenomenal, my champagne was quite delicious (the Franciacorta, Berlucchi), and our entrees were good. The host was a bit cold and lacked personality, our server was attentive & friendly, and the manager was a gem. The only disappointment that I had was that there was nothing "special" done for us celebrating our anniversary there (i.e. a candle in the dessert, or an acknowledgement of the occasion). All in all a pleasant experience, and we would love to return to Pazo some time in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A shadow of its former selfb2moreDined on 10/15/2014Pazo used to be one of my favorite places to dine. Last 2 times I have been, the food has only been fair. Both times they were out of a couple of items. Still has great ambiance, but I'll think I'll look elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- Who knew!!AgfoxDined on 10/11/2014I had planned to try another restaurant but no one answered the phone. Hmmm. So contacted one of my foodie friends who suggested Pazo. My party of three couldn't have been happier. Great table. Excellent waitstaff..patient,helpful and pleasant! We did the price fixe menu so there were 9 dishes to try. All were tasty with nice presentation. Wine was reasonably priced. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ Ambiance, C Servicefoodie123Dined on 10/10/2014Beautiful, spacious restaurant. Great for parties and special occasions. The food is good, but the service was lacking. Our waiter forgot to put one of the entrees in and so I had to eat my steak while my boyfriend waited for his food. The waiter simply brought a side of broccoli to make up for it. For the price of the food and drinks, you'd expect more attentive waiters.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Exceptional in every respect. Food was fresh and flavorful. Service was spot on. Atmosphere was inviting and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The transitionTruFeebackVIPDined on 10/8/2014The transition from Spanish tapas to Italian is underway. As sad as it may seem, one can still construct a vibrant and varied small plate meal from the menu. The three course prix fix @$45 is a god value with appropriate offerings. Wine is still well curated and service is up to Foreman-Wolf standards of restaurant operation. Pazo remains the most dramatic restaurant space - maybe within 5 states. Embrace the change and revisit.Special Features:
- Excellent!CKELDined on 10/4/2014This place is beautiful inside! I asked the server to chose my meal... It was outstanding! The service and attention was impeccable! Thanks for a dreamy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawnDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the selection of choices on the menu, the quality, presentation and the taste of the food. The only downside is the portions were rather small for the price. We would consider going to the restaurant again. The staff went out of their way to make our daughters birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 10/4/2014Went there as a first timer with some girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and I must say...The Best experience ever! The staff was friendly and professional and very attentive! The food was great! I tried the 3 course dinner and a few small dishes! Everything was good! Even the complimentary crackers and bread! I would definitely recommend this resturant to others and look forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Came in to celebrate a new job and birthday. Food was great, drinks were great, service was great. Always a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Foor was suberb as one would expect from a Foreman/Wolf venue. Service was slightly off with a little miscommunication between service persons. Not like Charleston, Cinghalie, or Petit Louis. Just a notch lower. Maitre'D knowledgeable about wine, but slightly offensive and not in tune with who was in control of the party. Slight case of arrogance and presumption overriding clear cogent thinking. The old Spanish accents definitely do not communicate the new Southern Italian theme. While I like the cuisine much better now, I found it just a little off thematically, I understand the expense would be prohibitive to change at this point. Just a little thing, like watching a movie supposedly set in the '50's and seeing a car from the sixties.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very rude. While asking about food on the menu I was told to hurry because the meter was running. He made for a very uncomfortable dinning experience. Food was delicious but I would not go back because of him.
- Not impressedItiswhatitisDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted to enjoy the experience more (since it was my anniversary dinner) but just didn't. The menu selection just isn't what they were a few years ago. $5.00 each for a prawn...was hoping for a larger portion, and I could have done without the head, since once that was removed it was only about 1 1/2" long.Special Features:
- DisappointingTucolexDined on 9/26/2014The menu has changed and the food isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Very pricey for mediocre food. The space is beautiful but the food no longer measures up. I cannot imagine they'll be able to stay in business given the cost of dining here vs the mediocre food quality.Special Features:
- FANTASTICWindow726Dined on 9/22/2014The food was amazing, however our waitress truly made our dining experience exceptional. We felt like we were her only table, but trust me she had many! I would recommend Pazo to anyone who is entertaining clients, trying to impress someone special, or if your a foodie, for all around great dining. The Swordfish was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazo Italian MenuPandaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Pazo. Tony Foreman himself greeted us and sent over some complimentary appetizers which were much appreciated. He also recommended a wonderful and well priced Italian wine. Our server was knowlegeable, helpful and pleasant. The noise level was lower than before and we had a great view of the whole dining room from upstairs. The food was delicious with much variety.Special Features:
- Excellence, continuedKikiDined on 9/20/2014The Foreman Wolf group always seems to exceed expectations and they've done it again with the revamped Pazo concept. We enjoyed dining at Pazo with its previous Spanish menu. The new Southern Italian menu does not disappoint. There are favorites for the traditional eaters in the group as well some new tastes for the foodie.Special Features:
- IneptMarclawVIPDined on 9/19/2014Pazo has a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Baltimore. I would believe it if the only consideration was the food, but dining here requires you to experience what this establishment considers "service". The three course fixed price dinner for our party was nothing short of a three hour ordeal. Our server visited our table every 45 minutes, apparently because he went home in between courses, the host served us a bottle of clearly corked wine and was angry when we asked why she poured it the same decanter as our unfinished first bottle, the restaurant manager refused to come to our table and everyone working at Pazo acted as if this was standard operating procedure. No meal is with this kind of ineptitude.
- ReturnTravellerDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time back since Pazo had and Italian Menu makeover. Very well done. Everything we had was excellent, prepared perfectly and delicious. But not only the food, the service and a very knowledgeable sommelier were first rate. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not anymorekathyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Waited an hourandahalf for bread to arrive when it came time for check waitress disappeared and all they offered was a free dessert and by that time my husband had fallen asleep at table
- foodsimbaDined on 9/17/20143rd year in a row we as a group have been at Pazo. Portions were smaller and my enthusiasm for this location has fallen. Still a beautiful setting - however, food was less than outstanding.
- What a wonderful experienceGr8foodDined on 9/16/2014We went for our 25th anniversary. Our waitress was lovely, we asked about a wine & she gave us her thoughts. She paced the meal timing very well. I asked about several entrees. I ordered the fish. I wish I were able to prepare the food as well. The presentation was very attractive. Due to our celebration they brought a wonderful chocolate desert. This was our 2nd time at Pazo's. Each time the ambiance was outstanding as was the service, food and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIMITED MENUSTEVEPDined on 9/13/2014Overall the experience was nice. Service was attentive, pacing was perfect, and ambiance is spectacular. However, the menu is limited: freshness and portions are spot on, but only the pizza ordered as an appetizer was worth raving about. The other selections from mussels,heirloom tomato salad with peaches, to small plates pastas and finally the dinners of fish( two bronzini and one monk) were all somewhat pedestrian. Cooked well but not noteworthy from the standpoint of flavor or uniqueness. It was our second visit in three years and the first time was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.