1425 Aliceanna St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pazorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4105347296x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm. Bar Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:45am; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm.
PAZO Pizza Hour: Monday - Friday from 5-7PM
$5 Pizzas, Wine & Cocktails are available in the bar & lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pazo
Pazo features a southern Italian menu that includes seafood, meats on the wood fired grill, hand-formed pastas, and classic pizzas. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored historic two-story venue with an open kitchen,posh booths, mezzanine dining and inviting bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Pazo reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (92)romantic (92)notable wine list (68)good for groups (62)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (39)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (21)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pazo Italian MenuPandaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Pazo. Tony Foreman himself greeted us and sent over some complimentary appetizers which were much appreciated. He also recommended a wonderful and well priced Italian wine. Our server was knowlegeable, helpful and pleasant. The noise level was lower than before and we had a great view of the whole dining room from upstairs. The food was delicious with much variety.Special Features:
- IneptOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/19/2014Pazo has a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Baltimore. I would believe it if the only consideration was the food, but dining here requires you to experience what this establishment considers "service". The three course fixed price dinner for our party was nothing short of a three hour ordeal. Our server visited our table every 45 minutes, apparently because he went home in between courses, the host served us a bottle of clearly corked wine and was angry when we asked why she poured it the same decanter as our unfinished first bottle, the restaurant manager refused to come to our table and everyone working at Pazo acted as if this was standard operating procedure. No meal is with this kind of ineptitude.
- ReturnTravellerDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time back since Pazo had and Italian Menu makeover. Very well done. Everything we had was excellent, prepared perfectly and delicious. But not only the food, the service and a very knowledgeable sommelier were first rate. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not anymorekathyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Waited an hourandahalf for bread to arrive when it came time for check waitress disappeared and all they offered was a free dessert and by that time my husband had fallen asleep at table
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/20143rd year in a row we as a group have been at Pazo. Portions were smaller and my enthusiasm for this location has fallen. Still a beautiful setting - however, food was less than outstanding.
- What a wonderful experienceGr8foodDined on 9/16/2014We went for our 25th anniversary. Our waitress was lovely, we asked about a wine & she gave us her thoughts. She paced the meal timing very well. I asked about several entrees. I ordered the fish. I wish I were able to prepare the food as well. The presentation was very attractive. Due to our celebration they brought a wonderful chocolate desert. This was our 2nd time at Pazo's. Each time the ambiance was outstanding as was the service, food and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIMITED MENUSTEVEPDined on 9/13/2014Overall the experience was nice. Service was attentive, pacing was perfect, and ambiance is spectacular. However, the menu is limited: freshness and portions are spot on, but only the pizza ordered as an appetizer was worth raving about. The other selections from mussels,heirloom tomato salad with peaches, to small plates pastas and finally the dinners of fish( two bronzini and one monk) were all somewhat pedestrian. Cooked well but not noteworthy from the standpoint of flavor or uniqueness. It was our second visit in three years and the first time was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great room & service but food ugh!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the room and service but food so-so. Got risotto balls/dry and chicken skewers/rubber & flabby meat then the pizza which was under cooked and soggy. Oven def not hot enough. Server offered to fix it but the rest of the table was eating and I ate only one slice. Manager brought over sorbet for service recovery and I was told I should have known it would have been soggy from the sauce. Left a poor impression and won't hurry back if ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the look and feelAladygolferDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent and the service was beyond expectation. Cool place, I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourDebbrzoDined on 9/12/2014Can't beat the happy hour and beautiful ambiance had a great night thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I always have a great time when I go to Pazo. This time I went with a moderately-sized group from work and everyone enjoyed themselves tremendously. The food and wine are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location LocationswaynesworldDined on 9/9/2014Pazo's was phenomenal. Super easy to get to in this swanky part of town. Its a huge restaurant that looks like a gutted out factory building with exposed beams and bricks but it may be rustic charactersitically but it is very upscale. The squid/octopus was tasty and the salmon as a main course was perfectly prepared and cooked. A can't miss dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, fair serviceOlivierDined on 9/7/2014It was a try quiet evening (just a few tables) so the ambiance wasn't at its' best of course, but the place is beautiful and the food was very good. The service was disappointing. Even though we didn't miss of anything during our dinner, we didn't see smiles of the personnel's face. It was so different from what we've experienced in other restaurants of Baltimore. I'm not sure we'll go back to Pazo.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDaisy4648Dined on 9/6/2014We love Pazo's!! The food, service and ambiance is superb! The menu changes every so often, but the quality is always top notch. It is rated as one of the top 50 restaurants in Baltimore....but it should be in the top 5.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This was excellent. We loved every bite of everything we had. You must eat here when in Baltimore.Special Features:
- One of my favsJimHVIPDined on 8/31/2014The team there knows how to make any occasion very special. The menu changes frequently and is filled with many delicious choices. My favorite aspects are the ambiance and the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susankVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the first time we ate at Pazo since they changed to an Italian format. I think the change is for the better. The food was quite good. The small pizzas are excellent. I had the bronzini and it was out of this world. The restaurant seems much quieter than it used to be and that is a good thing. My only complaint was that it took a very long time for our server to take our drink orders. It was at least 20 minutes. Otherwise, we were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Love the DramaFoodVixenDined on 8/29/2014When you enter a sweeping space like the one at Pazo, it can welcome or overwhelm. This restaurant's warm and sumptuous vibe definitely beckons you in. Backing up the greeting are top notch cocktails, innovative and delicious Mediterranean cuisine and a fine wine list. A lovely pampered ending to a busy week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pazo!CAM6195Dined on 8/29/2014Everything about Pazo is perfect. Location, ambiance, service and food. My husband and I aren't light eaters so we knew to order a few appetizers as well as a the 3 course dinner entree. Portions are very small. But it is a tapas style so it's to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We were in for pizzas and drinks before a movie. We enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere and service. We definitely want to return for a more formal meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningrmargDined on 8/28/2014We came to Pazo on a Thursday evening to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant was not overly crowded, so upon arrival we were offered to sit in the lounge area and have a cocktail before heading to our table, which we gladly took them up on! Once at our table, we decided to share a variety of tapas- some favorites were the pizza with eggplant and buffalo cheese, the avocado and crab bruschetta, and the grilled octopus- the octopus was the best I have ever had, it was perfectly cooked and not chewy like you find at most restaurants. The ambiance of the restaurant was wonderful and it is beautifully decorated. We spent well over 2 hours enjoying our food and drinks and left very full and extremely happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first and last visitTootsVIPDined on 8/24/2014The fish was fresh but a rather unremarkable preparation. My basil pasta with crab was good. My husband's pasta with mushrooms and fava beans was so salty it was unpalatable and had to be returned. They brought out another freshly prepared portion and it was better. Nothing great! Overall, the food was mediocre at best. They wine list and service was good.
- Liked old menu betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014I have been to Pazo many times over the years and it has always been one if my all time favorites. I was a bit disappointed that they changed the menu. I really loved the Spanish tapas that Pazo was known for. As always the ambiance was great and the service is amazing which makes this place such a special treat. I just wish they had left the menu alone. It was great as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sampled several small platesGinaDined on 8/21/2014We had a great night sampling 7 small plates and sharing a nice bottle of wine recommended by the Som. I plan to keep Pazo on my list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu--very good but not greatEd46VIPDined on 8/19/2014Pazo has changed its menu to "northern Italian" and in my view has lost some of what I loved about it. Had dinner there on 8/19 and while the service was as always attentive and outstanding, and the food I ordered was well-prepared and presented, I kind of mourn the loss of the tapas and small plates that were the hallmark of the original Pazo and that I thought were as good if not better than any I had in Spain. So the Foreman Wolf machine has re-invented the restaurant and maintains its high standards of food quality and service, but it is really too bad that they did not retain some of the small plates (e.g. tuna crudo and white anchovies) that really made Pazo a stand-out.Special Features:
- OK, but declining...?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We make the 70 mile trip once a year for the past 4 years. I love the structure, the service, however place was dead on a Saturday night... so sad, I hope they make it. I really love this place. Ouzo Bay has stolen all of the clientele and former energy. we left Pazo at approx. 11:30 pm, and we were the next to the last group to leave. As we drove around the corner, Ouzo Bay was JAMMED PACKED with super energy, standing room only... I think Pazo may have to reconsider adding the live DJ back on their perch. Every since the decision to do away with the DJ, the atmosphere has continually weakened, so sad. I want Pazo to survive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnertanyaDined on 8/16/2014The staff was friendly. Food was good. I made reservations for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I called to see if they could accommodate a special request----birthday candle on dessert and he said yes. When our server, Andrew, arrived, I had asked him if he was aware that it was my boyfriend's birthday, and he replied yes. When we ordered the dessert, they forgot my special request, but I didn't say anything. It was disappointing, but still nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise !rowdydowDined on 8/14/2014We were surprised to find sich an oasis of quality dining in Baltimore's Fells Point neighborhood. Also surprising - the menu had changed recently to emphasize Italian cuisine. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazo, not so muchjjachDined on 8/13/2014We went to Pazo for a birthday celebration. We had 8 people in our party. The place is magnificient! Beautiful and open, with a european atmosphere. The food was awful. The appetizers and entrees were so small, it was unbelievable. Not that I need a big bowl of pasta to keep me happy. But even a moderate portion of food would have been acceptable. And the food was so oily. All of it. We ordered entrees and pizzas, after our tiny appetizers (which we ordered the large portions, because we were afraid we wouldn't be able to see our food!) and the pizzas came out over 5 minutes after everyone else got their food. The waiter was very attentive. Very nice. But, he wasn't the chef.
- Beth!lamoreDined on 8/10/2014Our server gave us excellent service :) very courteous and even knew some sign language. The food was excellent. We especially loved the guanaceli (sp?) pizza. Overall it was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantDaisy4648Dined on 8/9/2014The ambience of the facility is beautiful. The food excellent and the service great. Thank you, Beth, your service was terrific. This restaurant should be in the top 10 restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffFormerSFchowhoundsDined on 8/9/2014Pazo rocks Italian seafood and pasta like you would expect in Rome. Scroll pasta with mushrooms and bucatini pasta with pork were fantastic. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week findBmoreRDDined on 8/7/2014Me and a friend went to Pazo for dinner as part of restaurant week($30 for 3 courses). The servers were very attentive, the cocktails were great. I got the mussel salad and crab fettuccine. The salad was really tasty and different the crab dish was nothing special. But I tried my friend's Pizza and it was delicious. Would definitely come back for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merandyDined on 8/6/2014Perhaps one of the most beautiful restaurants in Bmore. Attentive service. Intelligent wine list. Sadly, (very sadly, in fact) the food did not live up to expectations. There was nothing wrong or bad about it; it simply did not deliver in the wow! department. But I have to say I would return in a heartbeat and try other items............................Special Features:
- Better than expected!NewfoodieDined on 8/3/2014After reading some recent reviews that dissed the new Italian menu and complained of small portions, I was worried our visit would be a bust. We arrived before the big crowds (5:30 pm) and received great service and a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeffVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was very good. The food was a bit above average. The restaurant was somewhat loud. We would go back again.
- Under a canopy skyBavetteDined on 8/2/2014I had been waiting for a special occasion to go to Pazo. I had seen the pictures and knew it would be special. The atmosphere did not disappoint. The service was good for being crowded during Restaurant Week. There was only one mishap with the order and it was promptly fixed. The crispy eggplant served with the hanger Steak was the highlight of the meal. The pound cake was not quite right, lacking flavor and enough fruit to make it worth finishing. I was disappointed that the dessert item that I wanted was no longer on the restaurant week menu, having studied it pretty much everyday the week leading up to dinner. I won't be in a hurry to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoccerosDined on 8/1/2014Great service, food, and ambience. One of the best dining experiences we have had in Baltimore. Well definetely return.Special Features:
- Everything was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014This place is really amazing. We went during restaurant week and every single course (times three because we all shared!) was fantastic. The wine pairings with each course were clearly carefully chosen and accented the flavors nicely. The servers were friendly, patient, and attentive. The building itself is really beautiful; high ceilings, well-chosen decor. I would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- my opinion.willbebacktoeatDined on 8/1/2014I thought everything was great except I was disappointed with the eggplant because it was deep fried & did not have the taste of eggplant. It was served with the hangar steak which was good. Our waiter was fantastic. It was not stated on the Restaurant Menu that it was to be deep fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.