Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
4001 Tejon St.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.paxiadenver.com/
- Phone: 7205836860x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ignacio Leon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine offers a festive patio, tequila lounge, and three private dining areas. Paxia can accommodate a wide range of gatherings for events and groups with a sophisticated approach to authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Dalinda Gallardo or Jackline Pizarro 8558207771
- Entertainment: Paxia is a lively, spacious setting infused with a Mexican flair. The restaurant’s fireplace can serve as a cozy backdrop for a date, while the bar/tequila lounge provides a festive atmosphere for Happy Hour. With four big-screen televisions, the restaurant is also a great place to catch a game.
A word from Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
Paxia offers gourmet Mexican food that beautifully blends artistry and tradition. Trained in Mexico City’s top kitchens, owners and brothers Cesar, Roberto and Cesar Leon transport diners to Mexico's greatest culinary regions through signature dishes featuring the freshest, most authentic ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Wonderful, Interesting Mexican food42dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Paxia's with a party of 7 including 2 teenagers and were greeted with attentive, informative service that catered to a variety of tastes and needs. 2 of us ordered the Mocahates (not sure this is spelled correctly) with the combination of meats and it was deliciously spiced, beautifully presented. The enchiladas verde were excellent, and the chicken mole perfect! Also, there were a variety of interesting drinks- our favorite was the Cilantro-Jalepeno Margarita!Special Features:
- unique food great staffDell2DellDined on 8/15/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions or just a dependable recommendation to family and friends. We always leave happy!!Special Features:
- AnnieDelishDined on 8/15/2014Went to Paxia with a friend for the first time. Great house margaritas and tableside gaucamole. Dinner was great as well.Special Features:
- wonderful surprise!sitsaeDined on 8/8/2014There were eight of us all from CALIFORNIA, which has some very exceptional Mexican food. We were blown away by every single dish we received. the beef fajitas were the best I have ever eaten anywhere. The beef was tender, the flour tortillas we're homemade and the veggies were cooked to perfection. We all raved about each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMichelle5280Dined on 8/2/2014I love authentic, real flavors, fresh. I left with a new understanding of mexican heritage, and their specials and unique and delicious.Special Features:
- Last minute accomodationsDavidDined on 7/27/2014We went here with a group of 10 and were able to get last minute reservations. There is one large room set up for large groups like this. None of us had been here before. The food was excellent. I had the mole verde and it was very good. I tried bits of other's dishes and liked everything I tasted. The service was good and overall it was a great dinner and everyone walked away wanting to return. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:
- Awesome MexicanF000dLuvrVIPDined on 7/26/2014This place is an awesome find. They have wonderful food, great service with very polite staff and quick as well. Highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Always great!MariaDined on 7/26/2014We love this place! It is great, great food and service as well. Hanna was out waitress and she was very knowledgeable and super friendly, so was the manager. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- email@example.comChicagotoDenverDined on 7/25/2014It must have been an off night for staff. There was only 6-8 groups and staff was bored. We had the fajita's and the condiments came after our food was delivered. Fantastic margaritas. I would give the restaurant another try after the summer events slow down.Special Features:
- Upscale MexicanHighlandPatronDined on 7/20/2014Unique menu. Everything is delicious! The Molcajettes (sp?) is a real treat and the carnitas will make your eyes roll back in your head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTomasVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful Carne Asada, Enchiladas, margaritas, and all things considered. It's a spicy place, caliente is their mantra and it works!
- Not to impressedLisaGdineDined on 7/16/2014Have to say our first experience was excellent 4 yrs ago. However our recent visit was not as good. Disappointed with our main course, I had the chicken mole, not enough portion for the price. I don't think I will be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- Unique dishes and amazing staffDeliciosoDined on 6/27/2014We picked Paxia as a last minute option on a Friday. Were able to get a table. Our waiter helped us picked the perfect dishes for our cravings that night. We really enjoyed the drink, the appetizers and especially the entrees. Great atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKacheDined on 6/15/2014We went for a late Father's Day lunch and were pleasantly surprised. We had never been before and picked it based on Open table ratings. The food was awesome. Definitely not tex mex. The service was even better. I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Customer FocusFoodReview14VIPDined on 6/15/2014amazing food and service! My family had the best experience there for Father’s Day. If you go, ask for Alberto – he was so fun – wonderful sense of client servicing! He is very attentive and was congratulating all the Father's in the restaurant with a handshake & free beer, followed by a free dessert item as the meal was concluding. Great marketing tactic, we'll definitely go back, he made us all feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Birthday PartyBeneganDined on 6/5/2014We have been to Paxia several times since it was recommended to us by a friend and it's become one of our top Mexican places to visit in the city. I made reservations there on Thursday night for my wife's birthday party, we were expecting 18 people. They seated us in our own private dining room, which was perfect. The service was fantastic all night long and the food was of course delicious. I recommend Paxia for anyone looking for delicious Mexican food, and it's also great for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patti1Dined on 5/30/2014Not your boring Mexican restaurant! Very interesting and delicious food.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDined on 5/30/2014The three of us had not seen each other in many months and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating with our extended stay. After we paid the bill and were still talking, they offered to bring us more chips and salsa!! Looking forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and good MexicanFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/24/2014Paxia has some interesting items on their menu - not your typical Mexican place. Food is good - not extraordinary - but good. Lots and lots of interesting tequilas also. Cool spot to check out and also reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Discovered this gem about a year ago and love to bring groups there whenever we have a special celebration. Food is delicious and you have to try the jalapeno margaritas!!!! The table side guac is the best and so is the queso appetizer - get all three.Special Features:
- Paxia for Mother's Daymexicanfood4everDined on 5/11/2014We had a group of 12 for Mother's Day, and we sat in the nice private-ish back room by the fireplace. I love this restaurant's food and decor--I've been a few times before. Excellent food, and great atmosphere inside and out. From what I've seen, it's not ever overcrowded but always lively. This time the food was excellent as usual, and the service was alright. The server was very nice but she began to run a little slow at the end and then one of our guests who came a little later and put in an order wound up waiting around 30 minutes for his food. We did have two infants with us so our table was a little crazy, and the place was packed--other times I have been the service was better. In this case it was not the best. But I will be back!Special Features:
- good experience...Ares45VIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food, good service, nice decor. There is a patio area which is nice for late spring, summer and early fall. Kid friendly environment and friendly staff.Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine reviews archive.
- Favorite Mexican Food in the AreaFoodieDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were very upset when El Diablo closed. But, we've found another authentic Mexican food restaurant in Paxia. Try it, you'll love it!Special Features:
- Unique menuFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Everything was wonderful, from great margaritas to awesome food. Definitely a place to try if you want to experience something far beyond the usual burritos and tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisVIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was marginal. There were 4 of us eating together, we all had different meals, and none of us were very happy with what we had ordered. Just boring.
- Great Mexican foodrgiffDined on 4/12/2014Been here twice. Both times excellent. Guacamole and margaritas fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food with authentic twistDebbieDined on 4/12/2014I love Mexican food. I also love authentic Mexican food that isn't just burritos and enchiladas. While Paxia offers these, they offer more traditional dishes from Mexico like Mole. We went at 6:30 and there was a live band very close to our table. I'm not a fan of loud music over my dinner conversation and 6:30 seemed like it probably wasn't the crowd a live band was in business for. Aside from my preference for not having loud noise the dinner was great.Special Features:
- Mexican food with a twist !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Paxia has many variations of what one would think of as typical Mexican dishes. Our group had three different dishes and they were all very tasty. Guacamole is prepared at your table and is worth a try.Special Features:
- Yummy Authentic Mexican FoodkoalaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Loved the food at this place. Plenty of choices and creative authentic Mexican food, not Tex-mex. Service was very friendly even explaining ingredients we were not familiar with. The tilapia ceviche was excellent, they should offer that as a separate dish like the shrimp ceviche and not just on the trio ceviche platter. Can't wait to go back and try one of the Mole dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always accommodating and consistentMileHighGuyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Always accommodating and consistent in the food and service. They had a Spanish guitar player the night we went who was amazing! It was a little bit loud but worth it - really amped up the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very happy birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014My husband, daughter and son-in-law, and I had a great time at Paxia last weekend! Chiles en Nogada is my very favorite along with the guacamole made right at our table. Excellent margaritas! Finished it off with flan! Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoTomasVIPDined on 3/8/2014Eaten at Paxia many times and it's getting better. On Friday they had a really good classical guitar that really added to the ambiance. OMG, the chorizo shrimp were fantastic. Everyone in our party, four of whom had never been to Paxia, loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fajitas!foodiegirlVIPDined on 3/6/2014We ordered the shrimp fajitas and they were delicious. I had just had fajitas in San Antonio, TX and the ones at Paxia were superior to those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an Ok experienceLunchCustomerDined on 3/4/2014This restaurant is convenient and the pricing fair. We went for lunch and there weren't a lot of people in the restaurant. They had the music blaring to a level that was uncomfortable and the waiter said the owner wouldn't let the employees touch the music. Food was ok. Presentation is great but (for example) on a quesadilla they had skimped on cheese. I'd like to see this place improve and hope it will.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not only wonderful,MerleDined on 3/1/2014The food was not only wonderful, but along with more traditional fare there was a lot of unique Mexican dishes, not the same old. Table side guac was great.Special Features:
- Paxia was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014We had a very good time. Our only reservation was how loud the restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paxia is authentic and welcomingmsreDined on 2/26/2014We love Paxia for its attention to detail and its authentic cuisine. We have never had better carnitas or mole anywhere! Our server was helpful and cheerful, and we scored a seat next to the fireplace. We also appreciate that during restaurant week, we did not have to order from the restaurant week menu but could choose from it. Chocolate cake topped with flan and horchata is a treat we did not expect! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemcuisinecruiserDined on 2/25/2014We were a group of eight and seated in the fireplace room at Paxia. A snowy and cold evening made the fireplace an appreciated surprise. The friendly waitress took our drink orders and promptly served them. Several in our party decided to order off the menu instead of ordering from the Restaurant Week menu. Those of us that did the RW menu were treated to a vegetable soup full of veggies or delicately spiced meatballs beautifully plated. We were pleased we ordered the pork entree . Tender pulled pork in a smokey, mild sauce. Dessert choices were a chocolate cake flan with rum sauce served separately or Tres Leches. Both were generous servings and a nice close to the meal. Delightful evening, suburb food. We will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service and bland foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2014Wend for denver food week. their fixed menu didn't really hilite what they do well. the duck mole was dumped with sauce and overcooked. the steak was very bland and presented no different than far cheaper places to eat. desserts unremarkable. the mini peppers were like something I could order at costco. the poloma cocktail was good and the ceviche was excellent. I just didn't feel they paid much attention or care to the $30 dinner menu.
- restaurant week. did theirOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014restaurant week. did their menu for this, food was creative and delicious tasting. kudos to paxia.Special Features: