Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
4001 Tejon St.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.paxiadenver.com/
- Phone: (720) 583-6860
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ignacio Leon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine offers a festive patio, tequila lounge, and three private dining areas. Paxia can accommodate a wide range of gatherings for events and groups with a sophisticated approach to authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Dalinda Gallardo or Jackline Pizarro 8558207771
- Entertainment: Paxia is a lively, spacious setting infused with a Mexican flair. The restaurant’s fireplace can serve as a cozy backdrop for a date, while the bar/tequila lounge provides a festive atmosphere for Happy Hour. With four big-screen televisions, the restaurant is also a great place to catch a game.
A word from Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine
Paxia offers gourmet Mexican food that beautifully blends artistry and tradition. Trained in Mexico City’s top kitchens, owners and brothers Cesar, Roberto and Cesar Leon transport diners to Mexico's greatest culinary regions through signature dishes featuring the freshest, most authentic ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We had a group of 9 adults and we found the room quiet enough for all to hear the table conversation. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. The food was outstanding! This was our second visit and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Authentic Mexican Cuisine is right... This is an excellent place to experience some authentic Mexican food, it is not TexMex. Our server was great and had a number of recommendations for our first time. Definitely a place to return to and try some more of the dishes.Special Features:
- Can't wait for our next visit!Mthede1VIPDined on 11/1/2014There were so many delicious items on the menu we couldn't decide! Paxia does authentic, gourmet mexican food right!! PS- Don't miss the flourless chocolate dessert...Special Features:
- Great Service!!! Great Food!!!iluvfoodVIPDined on 10/31/2014Paxia's staff was exceptional! They bent over backwards for our large party of 12. We were in a rush to get to another event and they had us in and out on time. The food was great and the people that work there was awesome!!Special Features:
- Fajitas for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent Fajitas, and the blackberry mojitos are delicious. Our dining experience was great.Special Features:
- Paxia Rocks!JanetCVIPDined on 10/17/2014This was my second visit to Paxia and I was even more impressed! The food and service were really remakablly good. We felt so taken care of by our wait person. She explained all the steps of putting their amazing dishes together. And they were not only super yummy, but also really beatifully plated. We actually took pictures of the dishes before we dug in. I will definitely return again and bring more friends.Special Features:
- Great Mexican with lots of flavor!MountainsandMuttsDined on 9/27/2014Praxis is more than tacos and burritos - they take it to the next level and they do it well. It's Mexican that I've never had the chance to try before plus they have twists on your known favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican GemRedwithanythingDined on 9/26/2014Great food that offers something different in Mexican cuisine. The Aztec dishes clearly show some of the foundations of the Mexican food that grew from it and provide for something completely new to try. So while the service was only fair we loved our evening there.Special Features:
- Not your typical Mexican farebob1023VIPDined on 9/25/2014first time here - impressed by the varied menu options, not being a typical Mexican restaurant - not New Mexican or Tex-Mex but real Mexican food - good service - recommended to anyone who loves Mexican food and wants the "real stuff"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is Authentic!!!BCordesVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was once the best authentic foods I have had in Colorado. They have only been there for three years, but they really have brought a true gem to enjoy. The Strawberries and Creme are a must try for desert, so don't overindulge ( It will be hard not too) so you can enjoy this all time favorite underrated desert. The guacamole and the Quesadilla are VERY good as well. I guess everything on the menu is delicious which is why I gave them a 5-star rating. I have not been disappointed with any of the menu items.Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodMichelleannDined on 9/13/2014I love this place. Small parking lot but always a good amount of street parking. The food is delicious and the Margarits terrific. Laid-back during the week and busy during the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This is one of the better Mexican restaurants I've been to in Denver, along with an Aztecan flavor, yummo!Special Features:
- Not a cheese enchilada to be foundMelissaDined on 8/28/2014The menu was far for interesting than any I've ever seen at a run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant, and my entree was quite good, as was the guacamole (made table side). However, I'm a vegetarian and had only two choices. There's a lot of seafood and meat offered, but I can't comment on that. Definitely worth the trip -- and parking is easy. There's a small lot, but ample parking on the street as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent AccommodationsFoodie12Dined on 8/27/2014I made a reservation for a group of ten the morning of the lunch meeting and Paxia did a terrific job accommodating us and having the table all set up for our group in the back when we arrived at 11:30. The service was excellent as always and the food was as well. I love coming to this restaurant a few times a month, very consistent service and food (and very inexpensive).Special Features:
- ShrimpaliciousWaxyVIPDined on 8/23/2014I am a Shrimpee. I could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know shrimp when I see it and their Shrimp with Garlic Sauce is maybe the best shrimp dish I have ever eaten. A great find--not foo foo, not basic--perfectly in the upper middle. Don't tell anyone!!Special Features:
- Wonderful, Interesting Mexican food42dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Paxia's with a party of 7 including 2 teenagers and were greeted with attentive, informative service that catered to a variety of tastes and needs. 2 of us ordered the Mocahates (not sure this is spelled correctly) with the combination of meats and it was deliciously spiced, beautifully presented. The enchiladas verde were excellent, and the chicken mole perfect! Also, there were a variety of interesting drinks- our favorite was the Cilantro-Jalepeno Margarita!Special Features:
- unique food great staffDell2DellDined on 8/15/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions or just a dependable recommendation to family and friends. We always leave happy!!Special Features:
- AnnieDelishDined on 8/15/2014Went to Paxia with a friend for the first time. Great house margaritas and tableside gaucamole. Dinner was great as well.Special Features:
- wonderful surprise!sitsaeDined on 8/8/2014There were eight of us all from CALIFORNIA, which has some very exceptional Mexican food. We were blown away by every single dish we received. the beef fajitas were the best I have ever eaten anywhere. The beef was tender, the flour tortillas we're homemade and the veggies were cooked to perfection. We all raved about each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMichelle5280VIPDined on 8/2/2014I love authentic, real flavors, fresh. I left with a new understanding of mexican heritage, and their specials and unique and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Paxia Authentic Mexican Cuisine reviews archive.
- Last minute accomodationsDavidDined on 7/27/2014We went here with a group of 10 and were able to get last minute reservations. There is one large room set up for large groups like this. None of us had been here before. The food was excellent. I had the mole verde and it was very good. I tried bits of other's dishes and liked everything I tasted. The service was good and overall it was a great dinner and everyone walked away wanting to return. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:
- Awesome MexicanF000dLuvrVIPDined on 7/26/2014This place is an awesome find. They have wonderful food, great service with very polite staff and quick as well. Highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Always great!MariaDined on 7/26/2014We love this place! It is great, great food and service as well. Hanna was out waitress and she was very knowledgeable and super friendly, so was the manager. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgChicagotoDenverDined on 7/25/2014It must have been an off night for staff. There was only 6-8 groups and staff was bored. We had the fajita's and the condiments came after our food was delivered. Fantastic margaritas. I would give the restaurant another try after the summer events slow down.Special Features:
- Upscale MexicanHighlandPatronDined on 7/20/2014Unique menu. Everything is delicious! The Molcajettes (sp?) is a real treat and the carnitas will make your eyes roll back in your head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTomasVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful Carne Asada, Enchiladas, margaritas, and all things considered. It's a spicy place, caliente is their mantra and it works!
- Not to impressedLisaGdineDined on 7/16/2014Have to say our first experience was excellent 4 yrs ago. However our recent visit was not as good. Disappointed with our main course, I had the chicken mole, not enough portion for the price. I don't think I will be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- Unique dishes and amazing staffDeliciosoDined on 6/27/2014We picked Paxia as a last minute option on a Friday. Were able to get a table. Our waiter helped us picked the perfect dishes for our cravings that night. We really enjoyed the drink, the appetizers and especially the entrees. Great atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKacheDined on 6/15/2014We went for a late Father's Day lunch and were pleasantly surprised. We had never been before and picked it based on Open table ratings. The food was awesome. Definitely not tex mex. The service was even better. I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Customer FocusFoodReview14VIPDined on 6/15/2014amazing food and service! My family had the best experience there for Father’s Day. If you go, ask for Alberto – he was so fun – wonderful sense of client servicing! He is very attentive and was congratulating all the Father's in the restaurant with a handshake & free beer, followed by a free dessert item as the meal was concluding. Great marketing tactic, we'll definitely go back, he made us all feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Birthday PartyBeneganDined on 6/5/2014We have been to Paxia several times since it was recommended to us by a friend and it's become one of our top Mexican places to visit in the city. I made reservations there on Thursday night for my wife's birthday party, we were expecting 18 people. They seated us in our own private dining room, which was perfect. The service was fantastic all night long and the food was of course delicious. I recommend Paxia for anyone looking for delicious Mexican food, and it's also great for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patti1Dined on 5/30/2014Not your boring Mexican restaurant! Very interesting and delicious food.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDined on 5/30/2014The three of us had not seen each other in many months and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating with our extended stay. After we paid the bill and were still talking, they offered to bring us more chips and salsa!! Looking forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and good MexicanFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/24/2014Paxia has some interesting items on their menu - not your typical Mexican place. Food is good - not extraordinary - but good. Lots and lots of interesting tequilas also. Cool spot to check out and also reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Discovered this gem about a year ago and love to bring groups there whenever we have a special celebration. Food is delicious and you have to try the jalapeno margaritas!!!! The table side guac is the best and so is the queso appetizer - get all three.Special Features:
- Paxia for Mother's Daymexicanfood4everDined on 5/11/2014We had a group of 12 for Mother's Day, and we sat in the nice private-ish back room by the fireplace. I love this restaurant's food and decor--I've been a few times before. Excellent food, and great atmosphere inside and out. From what I've seen, it's not ever overcrowded but always lively. This time the food was excellent as usual, and the service was alright. The server was very nice but she began to run a little slow at the end and then one of our guests who came a little later and put in an order wound up waiting around 30 minutes for his food. We did have two infants with us so our table was a little crazy, and the place was packed--other times I have been the service was better. In this case it was not the best. But I will be back!Special Features:
- good experience...Ares45VIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food, good service, nice decor. There is a patio area which is nice for late spring, summer and early fall. Kid friendly environment and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Favorite Mexican Food in the AreaFoodieDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were very upset when El Diablo closed. But, we've found another authentic Mexican food restaurant in Paxia. Try it, you'll love it!Special Features:
- Unique menuFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Everything was wonderful, from great margaritas to awesome food. Definitely a place to try if you want to experience something far beyond the usual burritos and tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisVIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was marginal. There were 4 of us eating together, we all had different meals, and none of us were very happy with what we had ordered. Just boring.