967 HWY #5 West
Hamilton, ON L9H6Y6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flamborodowns.com/
- Phone: 9056273561x279
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Saturday & Sunday: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Jewell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Confederation Room Conference Suite for business, corporate meetings, social functions
- Private Party Contact: Judy Foss 9056273561x279
- Entertainment: Live Horse Racing September to May year round
and 800 + Slot Machines
A word from Pavilion
The Pavilion Restaurant Track Side is just a few short steps to the gaming floor entrance - and the slots!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pavilion reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to friends. We took guess for dinner & the racetrack. The view for the races was terrible & no TV at our table to see how the race was doing (the sitting is terrible). Our waitress was not very good but tried to smile & be a bit more attentive it seemed when it was time to pay & give the tip. I would not go back. The only good thing was the prime rib. The potatoes tasted as if they were reheated from the day before. I will not be going back. I prefer Elora Raceway.
- Birthday DinnerGracieDined on 5/31/2014There were 4 of us celebrating my sister's birthday and it was a great night out. Everyone enjoyed betting on the races. Our server was very friendly but kept forgetting our orders. The buffet was pretty good overall, certainly lots of variety, the desserts were really good with a great selection. We really enjoyed ourselves, and have recommended the Pavilion as a great night out to some friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SargeDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our evening and the last night of live racing till the Fall.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Pavilion reviews archive.
- Cafeteria-esqueJoePepperDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I thought we would go for a nice dinner out. For $26, we thought it had to be a good buffet. There was salad, and potato salad, and pasta salad and rice salad...so if salad is your thing, this is the place for you! The fish was dry, the prime rib was far from prime and after two drinks, our bill was nearly $70. I think we were the only ones in the place without an elastic waistband on. I would not recommend. Try the seafood salad - I had two helpings to fill me up.
- Mothers DayAlfieboyDined on 5/11/2014Overall everything was great. The Food was terrific and the girls that waited on us were warm friendly and attentive. Would has liked more choice for red wine list as we do not like Ontario wines that much but the Italian red wine was okSpecial Features:
- At the races....jsjenkinsDined on 5/10/2014The food and service were ok. The salads looked and tasted like they were scooped out of a bucket and the prime rib was fatty and over cooked. The highlight for the evening was the horse racing and fun with friends. I would consider going again to watch the races but would not eat here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Great evening out! The food is fabulous and the races are exciting!Special Features:
- PavillionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014evening was fun, dinner buffet was good and so was the service.Special Features:
- Place to enjoy with young adultsFamilyReviewDined on 3/15/2014We took our 19+ children to the races! We had so much fun and they had so much fun with us! Food was great with plenty of variety Betting during dinner was fun and lead to much competition amongst us staff was just pure fun and certainly added to the festivities of the night two of our party had a unique opportunity to be a jockey around the track. what an opportunity ....What a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun group birthday locationstartrDined on 3/8/2014We came as a family group for buffet and racing and to celibrate a birthday. location to track was excellent, food was excellent and staff could not have been better. We would definetely come again. To bad its not offered more often. Best buffet and social locastion in Burlington Hamilton, Guelph area. Great to have the racing back as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will not recomend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014when we came befor the restaurant was upstairs where you could eat and watch the races. Now you eat downstairs wear you can only watch the races on tv. Its race track that's what we go there for.But the worst part was the food we are not sure what part of hot buffet got lost translation but what we got warm at best.For 24.95 it was horrible.We own race horses not standerbreds but thorougbreds.we are forever hearing people complaining about getting ripped off I guess after our experience we to feel that way.
- great time had by allluvtohorsearoundDined on 2/15/2014We took our 20 year old horse loving daughter to the track for her birthday. Restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. They even sang happy birthday to her and brought her a special piece of caramel apple cake with candles on it. It happened to be a Fan Friendly day and we all got a chance to sit with a professional driver on a cart and take a lap around the track. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and funsuzyqDined on 1/12/2014Our evening at the Pavilion was very enjoyable. We were treating our parents to a prime rib dinner and the food and activities were outstanding. There was a very large group celebrating a birthday and that did not impact the ambiance or our dining experience in any way. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking to enjoy a different night out with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pavilion....Jan 5, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2014Disappointing menu, based on previous visits. Weather was bad and this likely contributed to restaurant having fewer reservations. No more than 20 in the restaurant with us which is unusual in our experience. I suggest the menu was disappointing because they expected fewer diners and tried to downsize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet and FunweezypieDined on 12/29/2013This was a great evening out with friends. The buffet was great, lots of variety and very good. The staff were friendly and professional and it was fun to watch and bet on the racing while dining in a very unrushed atmosphere. Loved it and will be back again soon. :)Special Features:
- FOOD NOT AS ADVERTISEDEAGLE33Dined on 5/12/2013For the most part it was excellent, except for the Prime Rib. At the time we were there the Prime Rib being served was medium rare or closer to rare. I had a small piece, my parents and wife would not eat it that way. I personally spoke to a manager and she said it could have been grilled. First, we were not given that option and secondly we were expecting oven roasted Prime Rib.
- Mothers DayalysiaDined on 5/12/2013The buffet was great! Right from the soup to dessert. Not the variety of most buffets, here it is quality vs quantity. I would have given the overall rating a 5 if there was still the pasta station where it was cooked to order. Not sure why that was changed to basically 3 choices of pasta....with either red or white sauce. Previously, there were choices of veg, meat, etc to go in the sauce, and it was made to order and piping hot. The desserts are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrible place to have aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013A terrible place to have a meal and an experience we would not wish on any friends (even though we brought two friends with us). Poor service, mediocre food (when it was available), poor table location, unable to properly view races. Reminds me of the saying 'A fool and his money are soon parted'.
- The food was quite good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013The food was quite good. Normally, my experience with buffet food, is that the food is not hot enough, and sometimes tastes as though it has been sitting for hours. I found the food to be hot at this venue, and much more tastey than other buffets I have been to.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Great fun watching the horse racing. Food was OK for the price. Salmon was dry but roast beef very good. Pasta bar not so good. Lots of pies for desert, nothing gluten free apart from fruit. Would go again whilst horses racing.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013My wife and I had a very good time. We both thought the food and service was excellent and could not be beat. We are going to make a once a month night out at Flamboro racetrack at the Pavilion. This will be my way of saying thank you to my wife for all that she does for me each month. I would like to say thank you to the staff that was on that night for the excellent service and thank you to the cooks for the great food. The prime rib was the best we have ever tasted.Special Features:
- This was a last minute decisionkidkateDined on 2/17/2013This was a last minute decision to go. Booking was VERY easy to do online. Glad we made the reservation as it was a busy night!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Fun Night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Great Birthday Fun Night. We had Great Night of Fun we were a group of 4 everyone enjoy the PRIME ROOST DINNER there were lot of choses and the Deserts were Delishes . The Staff Was Very Friendly and Helpful .The horse races were Exciting Entertainment We Are diffidenty going to do this again. If I may sugest Birthday Discount Would Be nice .Special Features:
- Excellent Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2012The prime rib and accompanying buffet was excellent. Would not hesitate to take guests there again.Special Features:
- We really appreciated thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012We really appreciated that we were not rushed and could enjoy watching the races as well as dining. The pasta bar was very good.Special Features:
- We went to the race track/casinoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012We went to the race track/casino for a birthday part. Made reservations online at the Pavilion restaurant. Our table was track side, food was excellent, service the same. Everyone had a great night and would definitely recommend the restaurant, we will be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Even with the storm the buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Even with the storm the buffet was all ready for us when we arrived. Successful betting on the ponies between plates of food. My wife enjoyed the desserts while I stuck to the chocolate fountain. Decent wine selection with local wineries well represented. Hit the slots after where my wife did much better than me. She left with more money than she started with.Special Features:
- Overall, we had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012Overall, we had a great time. I asked for a table by the window, which we got. It could have opened a little earlier, our reservation was for 5 p.m., but it was not quite ready till about 5:10. My husband has a hard time standing, but we did find a chair for him We all thought the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.EricDined on 9/2/2012Food and service were excellent. The only issue was that we had to go out to see the race: the restaurant should move upstair to have a better view of the racetrack.
- We had a great time. The excitementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012We had a great time. The excitement was wonderful and we had lots of interaction with the other in the room. The betting staff was helpful and we found the evening pleasent and relaxing. We would love to come again.Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening out forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012An enjoyable evening out for dinner where the food always has been good with variety. Most enjoyable for friends to equally enjoy the fun of Racing ,and the betting that makes it a great evening for friends. Let's hope that Hamilton, in cahoots with its McGuinty pals,don't louse up this feature of Flamborough Downs like they did with amalgamation to the "new" city of hamilton...Special Features:
- It was a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012It was a special occasion and the service was outstanding. The seating arrangements were exactly what I had requested. The night couldn't have been better/Special Features:
- My Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012First off , when we got there we got our table right away and got to eat right away. At $25 a person it was not a great deal. The food was ok what I had of it. Not a super amount of choices.There was one person taking your bets in the restaurant. We went to place a bet . It was last minute and some person coming from outside got all upset because we, "took to long". The betting should be for the guests eating, is my opinion. The lady tried to explain to us , not to the rude guest, what had just happened. We both had 1 plate of food and then the power went off. We were told to evacuate the building.After 40 minutes , we left. That wasfor my birthday so we left and went to woodbine raceway. That was my experience.Special Features:
- It is to be hoped that theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2012It is to be hoped that the Ontario Liberal Government/OLG leaves the SAR program alone; there is a great ambiance at Flamboro Downs Race Track between the Race Track and the Casino. The Pavilion is a great place for a family get-together - be it for a birthday, an anniversary - just a great night out - great food, great service, and with the horse racing - fantastic entertainment!Special Features:
- Have been there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012Have been there many times and the food is good and we can watch the horses racing which my Husband and I enjoy.Special Features:
- Was very crowded that dayTheMcLennansDined on 6/24/2012Was very crowded that day with a few large groups who got priority to sit by the windows. Which meant our group of 3 had to sit in the middle of the room and get overcrowded with the line-up for betting going right beside our chairs .... our purses got knocked over a few times by patrons. (very bothersome) We had no privacy at our table for conversations with strangers standing right beside us aot of the time. And we got overlooked often by the server due to the large group tables taking up all her time. Food was OK but buffett could have had more and better choices for the price they charge. Overall was just OK - not anything more than that. Probably won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- The food was not as good asOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2012The food was not as good as our first visit. Beef was wonderful, potatoes were not cooked, some salads were very bland, fish was dry. There were not enough servers to accomodate all the people present so we waited long periods for drinks and some plate clearing. Staff seemed harried. Races were fun to watch.Special Features:
- Even though we had a printOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Even though we had a print of the reservation, the restaurant did not have our reservation on their list.The online reservation procees did not work well.
- Had a great time; kids lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Had a great time; kids loved the horses and food;lots to choose from; plan on returning soonSpecial Features:
- Not enough variety for primeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012Not enough variety for prime rib buffet. Beef was good. Fish was greasy.Special Features: