100 McHenry Road
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pavilionchicago.com/
- Phone: (847) 465-1440
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday thru Thursday 11:00 am- 9:00pm ; Friday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm; Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm ; Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Bhilan Contreras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Pavilion Restaurant and Bar in Buffalo Grove is connected to Versailles Banquet Hall and has a capacity to hold over 250 people in addition to the restaurant which holds 75 people.
A word from Pavilion-Buffalo Grove
Pavilion's elegant decor features natural stone, rich woodwork and organic hues and goes hand in hand with our signature cuisine: a fusion of flavors inspired by modern interpretations of French, eastern European and American favorites. With an original array of superbly prepared fare, Pavilion appeals to a broad spectrum of discerning palates. Our elegant and sophisticated bar offers a fine selection of international wines, beer, cocktails and specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pavilion-Buffalo Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Good food, poor serviceJFChicagoVIPDined on 10/25/2014there was a banquet hall next door that they catered so ignored the people in the restaurant. good foof but we were there over 3 hours! And most of the time waiting....
- Great food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went here for our anniversary. The food was awesome! Especially the sea bass. There were not many other people dining there and it is small and quiet, so not a place to go if you are looking for excitement. But overall a good meal and place to spend time with th hubby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good tasty fresh food. Fast and Friendly profesional service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My favorite restaurant, love it for food, atmosphere.... For everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, decent placeMrGarroDined on 8/14/2014I went on a weekday for lunch with my wife, and we were the only ones there. The server/hostess was quick to greet us, but I guess she forgot to turn off the TV at the bar for the entire duration of our stay. The food was very good, well cooked, very nice presentation. The place is visually appealing on the inside, but not precisely on the outside. I guess I could've asked her to turn the TV off, but it was just a slight nuisance.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Pavilion-Buffalo Grove reviews archive.
- Great Food!!!ExcellentDined on 1/23/2014We had the fry calamari for appetizer and for entree my wife had the sea food linguini and I had the Griiled Chilean Seabas. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- wonderful food--one of thenotpickyVIPDined on 1/17/2014wonderful food--one of the best tasting and biggest piece of salmon I ever had which has always been my favorite meal. great piano music made conversation very easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I dined hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013My family and I dined here on December 6th, and our dinner was outstanding! The place is small and cozy with a full bar. We shared a few appetizers which were all excellent. We got the Calamari, Eel Seaweed Wrap, and Bruschetta. Delicious! My husband and I split the skirt steak as an entree, while my kids split the seafood linguine. Overall, the entrees were excellent. Service was great as well! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 price apps on wednesdays!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2013My wife and I made a reservation on Wednesday and had a wonderful time at the Pavilion. The food was excellent and our server was exceptionally nice and friendly. Our server let us know that every wednesday, all appetizers are 1/2 price, and we were in luck that it was a Wednesday night! We got the Combination Platter which consisted of Siberian Pelmeni & Potato Dumplings as well as the Calamari which were all delicious. There were a few other tables at the restaurant and the environment was great, with a candle on the table, dim lighting, and nice, soothing, jazz background music. Definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food for reasonable priceBasiaDined on 11/17/2013Cream of mushroom soup is a masterpiece ! Pork chops succulent and great tasting Tilapia was dissapointmentSpecial Features:
- Definitely worth trying.....SpikesDined on 10/19/2013The food was delicious but had to send the filet back to be cooked properly. They did not have enough wait staff for a Saturday nite. Using coupons made the bill a little more palatable. I would consider going back again.Special Features:
- Food and serviceTroubleTDined on 7/26/2013OK place for dinner. The food was very good! However the service was slow and they mixed our order and didn't bring some of our order (even after we mentioned it to our waiter).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyjoannkaydavisDined on 7/26/2013We had never eaten at Pavilion and were pleasantly surprised. Upscale presentation and dishes. Salad was large and tasty. They removed the cucumbers per my request. Only disappointment was their refusal to substitute the borcht for one of the sides even though the cost was comparable. I ordered Sea Bass and it was about as good as it gets. My date ordered the seafood pasta, and they removed the mussels per his request and gave him extra shrimp. It is hidden in a shopping center, but worth looking for.Special Features:
- Disappointedjsnielsen56VIPDined on 7/24/2013The waiter was great, but that was the end of the praise. The crab cakes were more filling than crab, although the presentation was very nice. With so much filling, you couldn't taste the crab. I then ordered the surf and turf with my steak medium rare. What I got was over cooked, and not just a little. My understanding is medium rare is a warm red center. I found a hot barely pink center. More medium well by my book. The baked potato was small and the lobster was just ok. For a classy place having diner style tables ruined the atmosphere. My first clue should have been only one other table occupied when i arrived. Pass on this place
- Very Good.luv2cruiseDined on 7/14/2013Such wonderful food and service, who could ask for moreSpecial Features:
- If you are looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2013If you are looking for a place in Buffalo Grove, give this one a try...Special Features:
- Great DiningCuchaDined on 5/25/2013I could taste russian specialities that my grandmother use to make for me. Incredibly affordable pricing. Surprisingly few people; great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we got there at 1 foryumyum2VIPDined on 5/24/2013When we got there at 1 for lunch, no one except one waiter was in the restaurant! WHY?? Great $9.95 special lunch menu. Lots of food choices -- sandwiches, salads, & ethnic main courses. Our only suggestion would be to add a side salad or soup to the entre. The regular menu was also available. 3 of us had beef stroganoff and 1 had beef stew with puff pastry topping. Everything was delicious. Service was excellent. We agreed we would all go back if they are still there. Hopefully they will do some aggressive advertising, issue some special deals such a coupons, etc., and improve their visibility. They are really hidden in a less than exciting strip mall. At least get a huge, brightly lit sign out front and on the busy streets around the mallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Been there 4 times now, once for Lunch, rest for dinner. One time, it wasn't the best, but I think it was just an off night. All other times, including the last 2 times have been outstanding. Food and Service were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for diningGigiDined on 5/7/2013We spent our 53rd wedding anniversary at the restaurant on Tuesday evening. It was not crowded and we had great service and the food has always been excellent. One of my favorites. I would highly recommend it for any occasion. The presentation of food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here because of positiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Went here because of positive reviews, but did not enjoy the food or service. iIt does have a surpisingly beautiful ambiance for a strip mall, except that you walk right into the dining area (don't be in the middle of a loud conversation). Our calamari was mediocre and the salads were fine, but the filet mignon had gravy with mushrooms on it. It was awful - both the flavoring and the fact that the steak had been over cooked (who puts gravy on filet???) The tiramisu was not great, the ladyfingers were a little dry. In addition, the service was quite slow. If t had not been for the filet, I don't think we would have noticed the other things as much. Perhaps a different choice would have made this a different experience
- It was our first time at theAlanDDined on 4/26/2013It was our first time at the Pavillion. Very nice romantic atmosphere and the servers were attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Elegant SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2013This was my second visit to The Pavilion Restaurant. The first visit was a date night with my wife, and this lastest was to take another couple out for dinner for a birthday. The food was very good again on this visit. We ordered the shrimp cocktail and artichoke appetizer and I had the seafood linguine for dinner. The taste and presentation were excellent. Although our server was very nice and professional, the service was a little slow with regards to when we were asked our order compared to when we were all seated. The food also took a little bit of time to get to the table. I still believe that this is a great place for a date night.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantKaysVIPDined on 4/20/2013I would have never guessed that a restaurant this good was hidden into the corner of a strip mall. We enjoyed everything, and even ordered some extra items to take home.Special Features:
- An experience you have to have.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2013Great ambiance and wonderful food. The service was outstanding. An excellent find.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/14/2013Very good food and service. Not "haute cuisine" but well prepared food served in large portions. Our server was very attentive. We liked the soft jazz piano background music.Special Features:
- We were ver pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2013We were ver pleasantly surprised with the pavilion! It is a diamond in the rough. Definitely set away off the beaten path. The good wax outstanding. All four of us loved our entrees. Plenty of quality food for the price. Saved room for dessert too. Highly recommend.
- The food here is absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2013The food here is absolutely delcicous. We had the chicken marsala with two sides as well as the skirt steak. The waitstaff is delightful and helpful. Kudos to Pavilion for and excellent job!!Special Features:
- We both had fish. The seakikiDined on 4/3/2013We both had fish. The sea bas was the best I've had. My husband said his salmon was a little too well done but stil enjoyed it. The salad comes in the cutest bowl. Service as very attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My wife and I dined on 4/3/13.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013My wife and I dined on 4/3/13. Used Travelzoo voucher. We had Chilean Bass, and Salmon entrees. Possibly the best we've ever had. Excellent presentation. Will definitely choose Pavillion Restaurant for future dining. Very impressed with food and service.Special Features:
- We used a Living Social DealbirthdayfamilyDined on 3/2/2013We used a Living Social Deal and was impressed; it is tucked into a strip mall so not the easiest to find; very nice decor and bar area; the food portions were generous and they even have a kids menu; good quality, service, and presentation; abit pricey so not sure that we would go back without a groupon type deal; we went on a Saturday evening and the keyboard player was abit loud but overall, a good find.Special Features:
- The food is delicious!!! IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013The food is delicious!!! I had the chicken marsala, fried potatoes and asparagus. The portion was plentiful. The other diner had skirt steak and said it was the best he had ever eaten. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Very quiet place with a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Very quiet place with a nice look, but not hoppin'. There were only 3 table with people, so it was a quiet couple type of night. Dinner only took us about an hour, so it was quick. The food was great and the service spot on .
- Fantastic Food! Great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2013Fantastic Food! Great selection of food. I had sea bass. My husband had salmon. Best ever! Fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellent!RockerVIPDined on 1/23/2013The food and service was excellent! We will definitely go back! Be careful as to getting there as the OpenTable directions are wrong and will take you south into Wheeling!Special Features:
- This was our first visit tomaestroDined on 1/15/2013This was our first visit to the Pavilion, but definitely will not be our last. The menu is very challenging in the best sense of the word: so many amazing choices! Everything that we ordered was superb, and the quantities were so generous that we all enjoyed our entrees for lunch the next day. There were very few other diners present and only a single server, but he was remarkably efficient and extremely pleasant. It was decidedly the sort of dining experience we enjoy most.Special Features:
- The ambiance for this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013The ambiance for this restaurant was good and the staff professional. The food was alright. The meat was not very flavorful, so they compensated with a gravy for the steak and the lobster did not have much help.
- Handsome decor, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013Handsome decor, friendly service, and good food make this a great find. The Russian/Eastern European dishes are particularly good -- loved the different dumplings. The portobello mushroom appetizer was also excellent. In fact, everything I've had there has ranged from quite good to excellent. The house dressing (a lime vinaigrette) was delicious. The skirt steak was perfect. The beef stew was substantial and tasty. The chicken marsala seemed more Russian than Italian, but was very nice. Not a place that you'd come to Chicago to try, but a reliably good place with some surprisingly impressive dishes on offer.Special Features:
- First and last time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012First and last time at this restaurant. Service was poor. Took way too long for the appetizer to come and then the main course arrived before we had time to finish the appetizer. Salad came after the main course. Also had to remind waiter to bring our wine. We had the surf & turf. The filet was overdone and had no flavor. It tasted more like a cut of pot roast. Overall we were very disappointed.
- If you live close to Buffalo GroveAmusedJimVIPDined on 12/27/2012Buffalo Grove is kind of near where our friends live (Lake Zurich), so we thought we'd try Pavilion. Two warning bells sounded right away - they didn't have a bottle of wine we wanted and they were out of New York strip steaks. I was worried, but the rest of the meal was very good. Tuna tartar appetizer and house salads were good. Entrees - beef stroganoff, filet, sea bass and burger were all very nicely done. Everyone commented on the quality of the food. Service was a little hit-or-miss. It could be the first impression that set the tone (not having wine/steaks). It is a small room that was pretty busy on a Saturday night. If you live close to Buffalo Grove I recommend you try Pavilion.