Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon
234 W Upper Ferry Rd
Ewing, NJ 08628Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pauliesrestaurantandsaloon.com/
- Phone: 6098821150
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 5:00pm -11:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michael Sujansky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment is featured every Friday and Saturday night from 6-10 PM. Usually a 1-2 person band on an acoustic guitar or piano; we're sure you'll find it most enjoyable for dinner. The performer will subtly enhance your dining experience, perhaps without you even noticing it.
A word from Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon
Paulie's is a full-service Italian Continental style restaurant that focuses on delivering delicious food through excellent customer service. Located inside a former Victorian Mansion that dates back to the 1860's, you'll find the comforts of home mixed with five star dining. We have three separate rooms inside, all with ornate fireplaces, and feature outdoor seating in the warm months with an unbeatable view of beautiful West Upper Ferry Road. We've been under new management since early February, and have made improvements to the menu as well as expansions to our wine, single malts/bourbons, and craft beer selections. Happy Hour is every Tuesday - Friday from 4-6, featuring drink specials and our Special Saloon Menu. Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday evenings feature a Prix Fixe Menu Option, where guests can choose between three delicious courses for just $23.95 per person. Live music is played every Friday and Saturday night! Come to Paulie's for an experience like no other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon - Best Restaurants in Ewing ›
Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (17)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)scenic view (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The setting is lovely, the server was polite and reasonably attentive (I think the servers were a bit overwhelmed by their table load?) A loooong interval between appetizer and main course. Salmon was very tasty, steak should have been much more tender than it was, although tasty, other fish wasn't exciting (and it was the house specialty.) We ate from the Prix Fixe menu and had a 6:30 reservation--they were out of 2 of the desserts by the time we were ordering.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Glad we tried this great restaurant. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014A lovely, elegant 1850's style mansion converted and restored to it's original stature is the setting for this fine dining experience. We started with a meatball appetizer followed by an expertly prepared veal parmigiana that was 3 thin well-prepared cutlets enough for two adults. Finally, a banana cream pie slice topped off this delectable dining experience. This is a dining experience in a beautiful suburban setting that is not to be missed. Good enough to be a setting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We've been to Paulie's three times now and have had fun at the bar but were not impressed with the food until the most recent visit (Aug 2014). This time we ordered all specials and were quite pleased. We got NJ Fluke which was perfectly prepared -- I asked for it "medium rare" which I often do when I fear the kitchen might cook a fish to death otherwise! In any case, it came out moist and delicious. The Eggplant Rollantini was also excellent. It had a wonderful toasted eggplant flavor and included a thin wrap of tasty prosciutto. The steamed muscles were quite small but the sauce was lovely. The Caesar (not a special) was ok but the dressing was a bit too heavy. The server was pleasant but disappeared for 5 or 10 minutes at a time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for outdoor diningKarenO1000Dined on 8/19/2014I went to Paulie's with a friend on a beautiful evening. We sat outside and since it was not too crowded (it was a Thursday night) we sat for over two hours enjoying the food and drinks. The service was great and our server was very sweet. The only issue was a few airplanes overhead from the very close Mercer Airport, but that was actually kind of a fun distraction. There were only two planes in the two hours we were there, so it wasn't a big deal. The food was very good -- the appetizers are just wonderful. I will definitely be going back to Paulie's very soon and often!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I had the duck entrée with two sauces on the side delicious (teeny bit burnt skin, but still great), Penne with marinara, delicious Caesar salad, house Merlot-all around good food. Even the foods of my neighboring tables looked good. Atmosphere & staff were nice, close quarters but quiet, there's a small bar too. It was rainy so no outdoor seating but it's there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoppy17Dined on 8/8/2014Since it was just a perfect day five of us girls decided to try Paulie's for lunch and sit outdoors. All five of us loved the food and will look forward to going back for dinner. My husband and I have been going to Paulie's with the old ownership for years and always enjoyed but thought it could use a renovation. The new owner has kept it's neighborhood charm and cleaned it up a lot. Hear there is a new chef as well but would love to try a dinner entree. I enjoyed Paulie's for years and hope to enjoy this new era as well for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++ ExperienceYardleygirlDined on 8/2/2014The food at Paulie's was simply prepared with no pretenses! Excellent quality and presentation and the food's natural good taste shown through. The seafood risotto special appetizer was amazing as was my generous serving of salmon in a light garlic sauce and the shrimp fra diablo. A totally enjoyable experience. Our first time there but not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Food and sevice was excellent. I appreciate the server clarifying if coupons were of use. We had a good timeSpecial Features:
- UmumgoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Reservations are convenient via computer. The prix fix was interesting and good. The four of us enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFranSVIPDined on 7/17/2014The whole meal from start to finish was Outstanding. Nice touch with the owner visiting table, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirdineDined on 7/17/2014Salad and soup outstanding. Veal entrees not as tender as we would like but tasty.Special Features:
- Great patioBobLDined on 7/11/2014The patio faces the large front lawn and street in a quiet residential neighborhood. Very pleasant. Had no problem getting patio seating on a Friday night. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Roll with the flowshouldbeaicriticDined on 7/3/2014We had a great time and fabulous meals. It was an experience, since there was a horrific rain, severe thunder and lightning, causing 4 or 5 power outages. It was exciting, but didn't make any difference to our service or meals.Special Features:
- Date nightSuzieDined on 6/28/2014Perfect place for a date night! Outdoor dining was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurpriseHopewelldinerDined on 6/28/2014We didn't know what to expect since it seemed to be an old tavern. But the place was charming, outside seating and live entertainment added to the small dining room we were in. It felt like someone's living room. The food was great. We all ordered different items and all we pleased.Special Features:
- We will try againCathyDined on 6/20/2014The meatball appetizers were excellent, very Italian and perfect for sharing. Entrees: I ordered the shrimp fra diavlo. The sauce was not superb and given the local competition, it needed to be. The shrimp, however, was done to perfection and very large. Others at the table had the specials, which were all very good. The service, sadly, was mixed. The waitress was friendly and accommodating, but I never received my Sauvignon Blanc, but fortunately wasn't charged for it either. We had asked for olive oil to dip our bread, because we saw it on other tables with fresh olives and rosemary. None was brought to us. We borrowed some from the set table behind us. There were enough flashes of brilliance to give this place a try again.Special Features:
- Good place for dinner with friendslivetoeatDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed the former Paulie's Anna Rose very much. The food was good and the ambiance intimate and warm. We gave the new Paulie's a try this past weekend with friends. They still have an interesting menu and some creative specialties. We were disappointed in the new decor, which lost the former character and charm of the former Paulie's. That being said the food was very good and well prepared. Service was a bit slow, but since we were there to catch up with friends it was acceptable. There was a guitarist who played great music from our era - the 60's and 70's. All things considered it was a good evening and we would return for another dinner and try the outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- New ambianceluvopntbl2VIPDined on 6/7/2014Paulie's is under some remodeling and what they have done so far is beautiful. There is a new owner and chef and although one is always apprehensive for change with a special place, so far so good. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor seatingTrentDined on 5/20/2014Getting an outdoor table fills up quickly. Luckily we were there early. Also made it for the $5 Sangria happy hour. Food was for the most part good. Prixe Fix menu is a good bargain. Fresh Blue Points on the half shell were good. Accompanying cocktail and Mignonette were a little weak. You always take a chance ordering an Asian dish at a non-Asian restaurant. The seared tuna on seaweed salad was the weakest dish of the night. Fish was fresh and prepared well. Great Banana Cream Pie and Strawberries and Cream desserts. Would come back just for the pie. Server was great. Only problem is they only had one server on the patio. She was busting her butt but was slammed by all the tables. They needed to give her more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bar FoodwineanddineVIPDined on 5/14/2014My first time here; although, I had been here under previous owners. I came in for lunch and a couple of pints. The beef soup was good (full of veggies and a few small meatballs), perhaps a bit salty. The Vodka penne was also good. If not fine dining or very creative, I think it's a good choice for casual dining. I had an IPA as well as a pint of Stella. Both had a slightly odd taste. There was a whiff of something a bit off in both. I was told by my server that 2 of the four draughts weren't pouring, so I suppose there was something wrong with the taps or line. I printed out the $5 off coupon and it helped to make up for the beer expireance. I'm hopeful that these little difficulties may be sorted soon enough.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Others nearby are betterSchmooVIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was well meaning but not particularly efficient. Long waits for main courses. Food was ok-ample portions-but under-seasoned and pretty pricey. There are better Italian restaurants in the immediate area.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Paulie's Restaurant & Saloon reviews archive.