952 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pauleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7063643512
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pauley's Steakhouse
Located on historic downtown Broad Street, Pauley's offers the finest steak and seafood with an rustic setting in Augusta GA. We Handpick the finest choice of steak and the freshest seafood in the CSRA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pauley's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Augusta ›
Pauley's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- remarkablehungryDined on 8/23/2014the food was fantastic, atmosphere very nice. will certainly go back.Special Features:
- KindofpickyDined on 8/16/2014Must admit, when we walked in we wanted to leave. There was almost NO one there - maybe 3 people. Not a cute place, very plain and a slight smell which I couldn't identify. We decided to stay and glad we did. Our waitress was okay - but short handed, as one waitress had not come in. My food was very good - but they did give out of Ribeyes and one person in our group had to substitute. Overall, would probably eat there again...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pitiful and expensive meal.CooksathomeDined on 8/15/2014It was Friday night, there were two groups of people already there, one group were already eating, the other got their food while we were looking at the menu. Therefore, we were the only two people being cooked for. We shared an appetizer of (one) crab cake, it actually was pretty good, but it was broken in half, the tartar sauce was obviously out of a jar and it was nine dollars. My wife ordered the filet, $25, it was undercooked, the green beans were practically raw. Her salad did have fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, but the lettuce was right out of a bag. My mahi mahi was way overcooked, the mashed potatoes were cold and lumpy and my broccoli was almost raw too. We were not offered any bread and there was no dessert. We will NEVER go back!
- did not attendhungryDined on 7/19/2014was not able to keep the reservation. my wife and are looking forward to celebrating our 32nd anniversary with the folks at Pauley's Steak House.Special Features:
- Bohemian Charm, Great SteakTinkermanDined on 7/12/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner, arrived a little early after the Morris Museum closed and were the only people in the place. Perhaps needless to say, service was excellent. Ribeye was also excellent, and we especially liked the background music. I said "Bohemian Charm" because it's neat and clean, but the decor is, well, Bohemian was the best I could come up with. Mind you, we liked the ambience very much, it's very much to our liking. We enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Augusta!RJ1998Dined on 7/11/2014Suggested by a friend... The food was fantastic. We had the ribeye and the filet. Both were uniquely differently but both incredible!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014While the food was very good, the service left much to be desired. We were initially waited on promptly, although it still took 10-15 minutes to receive our beverage order. It probably took another 30 min. (45 min. after we sat down) to receive our appetizer and the entrees followed soon after that. It was also difficult to get the waitress to even come and re-fill our water glasses. While I would like to recommend this restaurant on the basis of the food, the service makes it difficult to do so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The Steaks were excellent, atmosphere and ambience was upscale, yet relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Pauley's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Pauleys is to be avoidedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014The service was poor, the food came out before the wine. The food came out too quickly. The food was just average
- Pauleys was wonderful, thebcumbyDined on 4/5/2014Pauleys was wonderful, the steaks and fish were seasoned just right and the steaks were cooked to our specifications. We had a very nice evening. the atmosphere was really relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary DisappointmentJumpinPaulDined on 4/2/2014The restaurant is a little run down. There was only one employee when we arrived for dinner. He was the host, server and chef all in one. A server arrived about 25 minutes after we were seated. The restaurant became full and she could not handle the crowd. She asked us three times if we were ready for our ticket when we had not even finished our entrees or been offered dessert. The dessert we did request was not available. The music was hip hop/rhythm and blues style. It was not elegant and did not seem to fit the restaurant. The only positive aspect of the dining experience was that the Sweet Iced Tea was delicious. The food had very little flavor or seasoning. I would not return or recommend the restaurant to my friends or family.Special Features:
- Great steakslovediningoutDined on 3/27/2014Everything we ordered was wonderful. The shrimp appetizer was tasty and the steaks were cooked to perfection. It must have been a very quiet night because we were one of two couples in the restaurant. The waitress did mention they are moving to a larger space. We will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor choiceNotmyfirstDined on 2/15/2014I chose this restaurant for a romantic dinner. The food was inedible. The filet had a huge ring of cartilage through the middle. It was under cooked. And the loaded baked potatoes had no butter. The place was a dump and the appetizer shrimp tempura wasn't even fried.
- Great steakWwest9Dined on 2/15/2014Had heard steaks were good and the reviews held up I got the rib eye middle rare it was more on the rare side but that's fine it had GREAT flavor well seasoned girlfriend had honey roasted chicken cooked great moist and great flavor only disappointment was no bread served good prices and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the filet. Great steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had the filet. Great steak. Overcooked potato, pretty good Shrimp tempura. Not the nicest restaurant design or decor wise. However, was very quiet and pretty good date atmosphere. Id recommend it for that reason.Special Features:
- Great steak, but fix your floorImjusthappyDined on 2/14/2014The food was great, but I was distracted by the floor. Sorry, I just was. I think everyone should give this place a try. I really enjoyed the bread too. Will definitely go back, but would love to redecorate the place. Oh, the wine was excellent! I think the prices were also good. We had a waitress that didn't normally work there. She did a good job, but the other waitress that was there did a great job. Hope we get her next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We ate there for Valentine's day dinner, which we ended up bringing our sons to since there was still no power at our house. The location is right in the heart of downtown and should be ideal to pull a good crowd; however, we were the only people in the restaurant. Thank goodness we had a reservation though, because shortly thereafter a couple attempted to come in and eat and were turned away for lack of reservations. We were still the only four people in the whole place. Drink selection for wines seemed decent, but you had only two beer choices which is abysmal. The steaks were sizeable and prepared correctly, but lacked any flavor. I tried the honey glazed chicken and it was okay, but like the steak, it just wasn't worth the money.
- Steaks at a bargin price.docsVIPDined on 2/7/2014We compared the prices of our steaks here to our hotel. the 6oz filet was 41 dollars at the hotel and 25 dollars at Pauleys. Other steaks comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeck77Dined on 1/25/2014Great venue overall. Steak was excellent and seared to perfection. It tasted fresh and not like it was frozen and reheated. Service and atmosphere was great also. Excellent place for romantic date or a quiet getaway for a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Food in a Store FrontSteveDined on 1/4/2014We tried Pauley's on a whim last Saturday night. The salad, bread, and Appetizer all arrived promptly and were tasty and appealing. The steaks were wonderful 16 oz rib-eyes that meant leftovers for all. The cheese cake for desert was very good - thick and rich as a cheese cake should be. Sad to say, we were the only patrons from 6 till after 7 on Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/lacks ambienceDaveDined on 12/20/2013The tables were stained plywood and the restaurant had little ambiance. However, for the most part the food was very good if you like steaks, and reasonably priced. Three of us had New York strip steaks. They were thick, juicy and tender. One person in our party had the shrimp which was not that good. The side dishes of broccoli and mashed potatoes were good. The house salad was excellent as was the homemade bread. However the wedge salad could have used a little bacon. Bottom line: good food, if you like steaks, at a reasonable price, but no ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2013The fillet was the best I've had in the area. Everything else about the visit was average, but the fillet made the visit worthwhile. They really should post their prices on the website as well because they are very affordable for a nice steakhouse.I would recommend this to a friend.