Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
123 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://paulandjimmys.com/
- Phone: 2124759540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Azzollini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Paul & Jimmy"s offers catering for all: office functions, special events, and gatherings of all sizes. Please call for all inquires,
- Private Party Facilities: A Gramercy Park Landmark since 1950 we can accomodate semi private parties up to 40 and private parties from 40 to 75 or cocktail parties to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Azzollini 2124759540
- Special Events: Available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 1:00- 5:00 pm for up to 70 people.
A word from Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant has been a landmark in the historic Gramercy Park neighborhood since 1950. The father and son tandem of Louis and Greg Azzollini continue to serve old-country-style Italian dishes, as well as, innovative specials prepared daily. All plates are crafted with the freshest of ingredients, many sourced locally from the farmers market. Louis always welcomes you as part of the family and Chef Greg makes sure each dish would proudly be served to "Nonna."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- it was an OK.SusanDined on 7/10/2014It was an OK restaurant, not very Italian. The food had cheap ingredients....
- Solid Italian FareAndrewVIPDined on 7/6/2014Solid Italian fare at reasonable prices. Very good for brunch / lunch and for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieVIPDined on 6/18/2014Service is the weak link. I read the online reviews and many mentioned the poor service but I thought that at lunch they would not be busy and that would not be an issue. I was wrong. It is too bad because other than that the place is very good. I had to flag the waiter down every time we wanted something even though the restaurant was not very busy. When I made the reservation I asked that they put a candle in my friend's dessert because I was treating her for her birthday. That is a request I have made at many restaurants Paul and Jimmy's didn't do it. A little thing but just symptomatic of their careless service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT -- A SMALL TREASUREJayteeDined on 6/6/2014Our group of four loved everything about Paul and Jimmy's. We had never set foot in the place before but we were warmly greeted and felt at home immediately. We had a great table abutting the sidewalk cafe. The restaurant is well appointed but has a welcoming, casual feel with a nice hum of energy. Our waiter was a total pro -- funny, unobtrusive but with a sixth sense for knowing when we needed something. We dug into the very good food -- high quality Italian with wonderful modern touches. We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 5/23/2014Good food and service with reasonable prices. Pleasant atmosphere .Special Features:
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2014Outstanding service and wonderful Italian cuisine. Doesn't get better than this!Special Features:
- Good food, great servicenice4dinnerDined on 5/9/2014Had a lovely evening with a few friends. They have good food, nice music and great service.Special Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wonderful ExperienceDolph7811Dined on 4/4/2014We had a 7:30 reservation for 6 people and sat right down without any wait. Our waiter was very doting. We never felt rushed during our time there and the food was perfectly spaced between courses.Special Features:
- Be considerate of nearby patrons...WaryoneVIPDined on 3/1/2014Though we really liked the atmosphere and the food was very good; the noisy, self-absorbed diners at the table next to us took away from our otherwise enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- the best Italian foodNomnomDined on 2/15/2014Had a dinner for 12 here on Saturday. The food was amazing and the staff friendly. Not too expensive and good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & Jimmy's for a great mealBobdiVIPDined on 2/6/2014Great food and outstanding service. Wait staff and Maitre d' make you feel right at home. Good wine list and drinks are made to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2014We were looking for a quiet restaurant with a warm and pleasant ambience, attentive service and old world charm and we found it in Paul and Jimmy's. I ordered branzino which was made to absolute perfection. Others ordered veal dishes which they were very happy with. The bread was crusty and delicious and the service was prompt and courteous. Music was playing quietly in the background and the manager offered to put jazz and old standards on his ipod when my husband said he might be coming back later in the week with friends but would prefer a different kind of music than was playing the night we were there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LindaDined on 1/12/2014My daughters and I (3 of us) decided to go family style ....first course, caesar salad and tri-colored salad -- caesar was exceptional! Entrees: chicken parm, chicken francese and ravioli bolognese - basic choices but our palates couldn't have been more pleased with the exception of dessert -- cannoli, tiramisu and chocolate cake .....truly an enjoyable evening, great company and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and friendlyJonniDined on 1/4/2014I'm gluten-free and the pasta was wonderful. A warm, welcoming feeling overal.lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, crowded tables,ManoloVIPDined on 12/31/2013Mediocre food, crowded tables, inattentive waiters
- Excellent Italian, Warm AmbianceJoeyDined on 11/22/2013Dinner with my fiancee Pros: -Greeted by the owner -Warm & authentic atmosphere -Server was the perfect balance between being attentive, creating conversation and yet allowing us to truly enjoy our dinner and time together - More than generous portions. We shared the Eggplant and Calamari apps. I had Chicken Francaise (excellent) (had espresso instead of dessert as we were too full). I recommend Paul & Jimmy's for date night, drinks and apps with colleagues and meals out with the family. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish SF had this place!YingMeiVIPDined on 11/9/2013Love Paul and Jimmy's. Got introduced to it via The Taste of Gramercy - great charitable event. The overall experience here is superb - excellent service, great food, wonderful cozy ambience. A lovely spot for anyone IN or OUT of the neighborhood. We dine here during our quarterly visits from San Francisco!Special Features:
- I brought a group of eightmogo19VIPDined on 10/18/2013I brought a group of eight to Paul & Jimmy's after sampling some of their eats at the Taste of Gramercy event hosted by the Gramercy Neighborhood Association. This was our first time dining in the restaurant and we were very pleased. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely accomodating to our group. Our favorite dish was the eggplant rolatini. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Large GroupsPatsPickVIPDined on 9/27/2013We had a superb dinner for 25 people and had a need to complete the dinner within 2 hours. We arranged to be served family style so the food kept flowing, from appetizers, pasta, chicken, veal and dessert. The food and service were excellent and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma's BirthdayNYCDiner9Dined on 9/21/2013Family outing for grandma's birthday. It's definitely an old neighborhood spot; the crowd appeared on the older/local side. Good Italian food, reasonably priced (prixe fix dinner for $30) with a nice, relaxed atmosphere. Perfect for celebrating the birthday of someone looking for a quieter spot but still in a convenient location (not far from Union Square).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/18/2013Paul and Jimmy's is always good and sometimes it's spectacular. Staff are welcoming, accommodating, and friendly. The kitchen is willing to make reasonable substitutions when possible, and the menu ranges enough so most everyone can find something to eat. The food ranges from good to excellent; the portions are generous without being crazy. The noise level is tolerable (for those of us who like to talk with our companions over dinner). It is a neighborhood staple, and rightly so.Special Features:
- If you want a good basic redChuckkVIPDined on 8/21/2013If you want a good basic red sauce Italian around Union Square, do it. We went for lunch and were the only people there on a Wednesday around 12:30. Both had pastas and both were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2013We enjoyed a delicious meal before theater. Our waiter was friendly, funny and accommodating. We will return.Special Features:
- my secret placesaturnaddDined on 7/13/2013paul & jimmys is a neighborhood gem. We eat there every chance we get. We have never had lunch there but did this time we did. It was wonderful. The prix-fix lunch was fabulous. The server was charming, friendly, competent & not intrusive. I highly recommend Paul and Jimmys. We love this place. We have gone there for years, usually post matinee this time pre theater. It has a wonderful ambiance. We love hearing Frank Sinatra playing all the time. This restaurant is a real gem. The owner is friendly and always welcoming. We never feel like strangers even tho we only get there a few times a year. It's always great food, great service and the perfect ambiance for good conversation. Looking for something great this is itSpecial Features:
- DisappointedSaraVIPDined on 5/18/2013Picked this place because they advertise gluten free menu on their website and menu; it's a treat for someone who's allergic to gluten to go to an Italian restaurant & enjoy a pasta dish. We had an early reservation-6pm; when the waiter handed us menus I asked him if gluten free pasta options were available, he said "I think we ran out." Surprised they would run out at 6pm on a Saturday night, so I asked him to check; he said yes, we're out of gluten-free pasta but we do have whole wheat! (Eeek, tells me restaurant doesn't take gluten-free seriously at all -- there is nothing the least bit gluten-free about whole wheat!). I ended up having a risotto dish which was average; my husband had NY Sirloin which he said was tough.Will not be back.Special Features:
- Great Spot in Gramercy ParkEddieDined on 5/17/2013If a restaurant has been serving lunch and dinner since 1950, they must be doing something right. Classic Italian fare served in a comfortable dining room right off Gramercy Park. Moderately priced with something for everyone, from children to grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013My friends and I had a wonderful time celebrating my best friends birthday. The food was very good and very reasonable. When I made the reservation I mentioned it was my friends birthday and they remembered and they brought out a piece of cake and sang HB! Also we were not rushed it was great.Special Features:
- A little more pricey thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013A little more pricey than your $$ listed in open table but food was goodSpecial Features:
- I bring my parents to PaullpeteDined on 2/18/2013I bring my parents to Paul + Jimmy's when they come in to visit from Long Island. We all love it there. The food is always excellent and great service.Special Features:
- A friendly, warm ItaliangramercygourmetDined on 2/14/2013A friendly, warm Italian restaurant which I go to when I want perfect broiled salmon or pasta fagioli or linguini with clam sauce. The service is always gracious and the soft lighting creates a romantic atmosphere. Although I've dined here often, I still feel like it's a treat to visit.Special Features:
- Terrible. Dingy looking place.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2013Terrible. Dingy looking place. Terrible service ... had to wave someone down for everything, including pepper after deliver of main course. I ordered branzino expecting a full fish and got half a small fillet.
- Warm & casual Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013Warm & casual Italian restaurant that serves good food. We came with a group of 22 amd everything was treated just right from the owner to the waiters. Made us take our time and food was amazing prepared and served all together. The price fix is also a good deal to check out. Didn't rush us at all and accomodated us with 11 checks,one for each couple. No doubt many of our party will be back.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Everything was perfect except had to wait a very long time for the check. Had to ask for it 3 times before they gave it to us. Great food moderate prices good experiance would go back again.Special Features:
- Very friendly staff, the ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013Very friendly staff, the owner was in the restaurant and got up to shake our Hands and ask us how are meal was when we left. Had a great truffle pasta!Special Features:
- Service is attentive, warmOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2013Service is attentive, warm welcome, bread, water and little bruschetta served immediately. The menu looked mouth-watering but I imagine the food is a little hit and miss here. We had a delicious pasta bolognaise and gnocchi appetizer which were warming and homestyle - but which we could have gone without after the bread and bruschetta! A fish dish from the specials and a chicken entree which were very tasty. The vegetables were a bit sad on the plate and we didn't recieve the side dish we ordered (and no doubt paid for) but overall it was a very nice meal. Little pricey with the wine, but we would go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian food; theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2013Wonderful Italian food; the pre-fixe dinner is a great dealSpecial Features:
- It was about 12 degrees outside,OnthetownDined on 1/23/2013It was about 12 degrees outside, but it was warm and friendly inside Paul and Jimmy's. Great place to go when you actually want to have a conversation! The food is reliable, the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- IT WAS AS GOOD AS I REMEMBEREDsenoritaVIPDined on 1/17/2013IT WAS AS GOOD AS I REMEMBERED - THE ATMOSPHERE IS SO WARM AND COZY -something hard to find in that neighborhood and the tortellini alla panna were as delicious as i rememberedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingbhbelleDined on 1/12/2013I'll start with the positives - very fresh bread with a nice chewy crust and a large portion of delicious tiramisu. Not a very warm welcome from the maitre'd and inattentive service from our waiter. Had to remind him to bring the bottle of wine we ordered with dinner and had to look for him to get the dessert menu. He went outside and we finally had to get the menu from the maitre'd. My husband's veal special of day was very chewy and the 2 pieces were very small. My chicken was dry and not very flavorful. Won't be back.
- We had an early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/9/2013We had an early reservation at 4 for dinner - arriving on time but the greeting and welcome was extremely bored and diffident. If they don't want people to come that early then they should not be open. The food was just ordinary and not inexpensive. We could have dined in many other places for less that would have welcomed us and not give us stale bread. Using an Open Table check, they seemed to have never seen one before.