Patzeria Family & Friends
311 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Patzeria Family & Friends
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patzeriafamilyfriends.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-4343
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 7:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do outside or indoor catering or private parties.
- Special Events: come join us for all sporting events
A word from Patzeria Family & Friends
Stop in today for delicious pasta, pizza, and rustic Italian entrees at Patzeria Family and Friends. Located in the heart of midtown with reasonable prices and delicious, fresh food, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. We are the perfect spot for a quick delicious bite pre or post theatre. We look forward to serving and treating you like one of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Patzeria Family & Friends reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (32)kid-friendly (23)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lovely eveningOverthetopDined on 11/21/2014Found this eatery through trip advisor, had a lovely tasty meal (very larger portions) and would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the 2nd time!Cdg1965Dined on 11/14/2014This is the second time we have been there and it was just as good the second time around!! We will definitely be back when we are back in town again!! Our kids love it! It's one of the few places that our kids felt special by not only the owner but the waitstaff too! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patzeria Family & FriendsOhio5Dined on 11/8/2014It was so nice to have a table ready and waiting! The food and service was wonderful. We will come back when we're in NYC next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodPAVisitorVIPDined on 11/7/2014We really enjoyed our recent visit. Extensive menu. I had the risotto special with shrimp and scallops. It was fantastic. My husband had the chicken picatta. Good value, too.Special Features:
- Excellent service, all our dishes were superb.MelindaDined on 11/6/2014Some of the best food we had while in New York. I would return again. Chicken Marsala was an excellent choice. Cannoli was some of the best and a great conclusion to the meal. The restaurant is noisy, so not good for people who want a quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Theatre District Find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014My 14 year old daughter & I were spending day in NYC shopping, dinner & Broadway show. Wanted to find a casual place with good food near the show. Patzeria exceeded all our expectations! Great location, great atmosphere & finally great food!! Very friendly & energetic restaurant with lively bartender/ host. Attentive wait staff even as it got busy. We started out with calamari appetizer which was lightly breaded & delicious. Just the right size for 2. My daughter had linguini with clams & I had chicken francesse. Both big dishes & very good. Lots of large clams & 2 large pieces of chicken. Ended our meal with sharing a canolli that was delicious & just the right size. Great find & would come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super friendly peopleJamieDined on 11/5/2014From the outside it does not look like anything special, but the inside was amazing! The staff was super friendly, the food was incredible. The food took a bit of time to come out, but was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaSlowtalkerVIPDined on 11/4/2014Located right by The Windsor Suites, this was a convenient spot to catch a meal our first night in New York. Everyone was very friendly, and the pizza was so good, we took some back to our hotel for later. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and EnjoyableSaratogaeddieDined on 10/31/2014Although the restaurant was crowed, our reservation was honored as soon as we entered. We had salads, a pizza, a sandwich and a veal dinner and everything was most enjoyable. The service was relaxed and the owner came by our table at the end of the meal to thank us for coming and to chat. We enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJessicaDined on 10/27/2014This was my first time at Patzeria. The food, ambiance, service and other patrons...made it a wonderful experience. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great pizza and wonderful service. The sausage on our pizza was authentic and delicious! Loved every bite of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningPAgirlDined on 10/25/2014I chose this restaurant from an online search. We were not disappointed. The variety of food was unbelievable, from salads, pizza, sandwiches to entrees and desserts. There is certainly something to please everyone! The food was delicious with generous portions. And the cost of the meals is reasonable and affordable. The wait staff was very attentive also. I would definitely go there again when in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, warmhearted atmospherefrauschmidtDined on 10/23/2014I never expected this authentic italian experience! Outstanding pizza! (We had " grandma's style"- and enjoyed a nice special for starter) Welcoming people! We definetly come back! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJGhaleDined on 10/22/2014We eat as a family of 4. It was a very welcoming, family run restaurant and everyone looked after us brilliantly from the moment we arrived. Good excellent, I had the crab linguine which was lovely. Our wine was very good too and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC Italian foodNYeaterDined on 10/20/2014Not much more can be said than great New York Italian food and service! Look for the owner as he loves to seek out his customers and chat and tell you about his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerFlamsterDined on 10/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised to be able to get a table on short notice before out show started at 8 on a Thursday night. We got in at 6:30 and out by 7:30. Good food, reasonable prices, and good wait staff. Noisy but that was ok. Three big TVs so you can keep an eye on sports. Delicious garlic bread and excellent calamari. We'd go back.Special Features:
- Great service and foodmalu85Dined on 10/10/2014The quality of the food is really impressive. The meals serve well two people. I recommend a reservation before going to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmosphereMOTHEATREDined on 10/5/2014You can feel the warmth when you walk in. Everybody is smiling and makes you feel good that you stopped there. Service was fast. It is small and crowded, so much that it is a challenge to get to the restrooms. The menu offers a very traditional list of pasta and pizza as their name indicates. My husband liked his spaghetti and meatballs. My small pizza was huge but also not done in the center. The outer crust was tasty and crispy. They offer table condiments of pepper flakes and cheese, and it's a good thing because both dishes were a bit bland. Of course, it is family friendly so bland works for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Great food great service. They treat everyone like old friends and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foods great staff great placeToblerone2012Dined on 9/30/2014The food was amazing, the staff were so accommodating. The prices were not over the top. Me and my partner shared a medium tomato and basil pizza, and it was huge!! If that was the medium the large must be.....wow! Honestly this little gem of a restaurant is right in the heart of New York but just off the beaten track enough to get away from the hassle and bustle. The atmosphere is relaxing and friendly and the staff are so so nice. Please go here you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Interesting find in our trying of different restaurants in NYC. Obviously many regulars go there and it was friendly and it was loud. Had a goo time. Everyone liked their food.Special Features:
- AwesomeAllenDined on 9/16/2014I can't think of anything negative at all. The waiter (Alan) was awesome. The Pizza was very large for a medium. We were full on 2 pieces each. The staff was very friendly and cheerful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian near TheatreShellsVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went by before theatre the other night. Wait staff was very helpful. Pizza was delicious. Eggplant parm was yummy as well.Special Features:
- Very pleasedPJdinerDined on 8/31/2014Great post theater dinner for 8. Intimate corner booth in the back with great service from Genarro. We'll be back.Special Features:
- like we had been there 100 times..MuserDined on 8/30/2014Just a great fun place. Try it. Good food. Great service. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FunDootchDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for an Italian restaurant for dinner and found Patzeria on Trip Advisor. My wife is a vegetarian and was looking for some eggplant parmasian near our hotel and Times Square. Patzeria fit the bill in positive reviews, price, menu and location. Booking through Open Table was simple and I liked the confirmation email that was immediately sent. Upon arrival, we were sat immediately in one of two remaining tables and were treated like regulars. Service was one of the best experiences I have had at a restaurant. Friendly, warm and accommodating. Great food at a reasonable price in Times Square area. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place is a little hidden gem! A 10 minute walk from Time Sq, very reasonably priced, and the food is amazing! The waitor was so friendly and recommended a mocktail for me when we ordered drinks (presumably thinking I was underage. Im 28, so he gets bonus point for that!) and when we went to order a larger Pizza which would have been more money for them, he said we wouldnt finish it, and he was right! In some American Resturants, actually a lot of them, it can be quite annoying when people keep asking you if everything is ok, but they dont do that either in here. I would highly recommend this restaurant! I booked in advance, as it was a Friday night, but you dont need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - good foodFlyingDutchmanDined on 8/24/2014The service in was outstanding, atmosphere great and food good.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Chose this restaurant for its 4+ star average rating on OpenTable. Service was very good, but have to say that the food was not great. We had basic pizza and pasta and meatballs. Both were less than average and much less than I would expect from a 4 star restaurant.
- Great spotTbear34Dined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a neighborhood Italian place & found Patzeria on open table. We were greeted by our waiter Genero and he took great care of us all night! His knowledge of the menu was second to none and he just knew how to make us feel like regulars. Food was delicious and everybody in our group loved what they ordered. Bottom line is this little gem is the perfect neighborhood spot just off of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not believe the reviews!DisappointedDined on 8/18/2014Food was unremarkable and overpriced. We went here because of the reviews and it did not even come close to our expectations. I could have made better Italian food at home! Do not bother coming here because there are so many better options in Manhattan!
- The following 255 reviews are from the Patzeria Family & Friends reviews archive.
- Wonderful!AnnaDined on 7/26/2014Found this gem while doing an internet search of places near the theatre district that had whole wheat pasta. Very friendly greeting and informal ambiance. Had a bit of a scare when the waitress came to tell us whole wheat pasta not always available. For appetizers, the girls both had the porcini salad. I had the Caesar. They loved theirs and mine was good but could have used a bit more dressing, there was some dry lettuce in there. Anyway I had whole wheat penne with bolognese sauce - absolutely delicious. One of my daughters had the same pasta with clam sauce, and my other daughter had the primavera. The food was awesome, and the only small complaint was that the clam sauce was a bit watery. All in all a great find and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not ideal for biz meetHlthyFoodLuvrDined on 7/24/2014Meals was excellent. We ate off the evenng special list for 2 in our party. Chicken with lemon wine sauce was tasty with linguini. Pizza was excellent. Tiramasu was nice light creamy high on espresso...the Italian donuts very super yummy. Not ideal for biz conversation as it was a bit loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicerich46Dined on 7/18/2014The food was nice the atmosphere was great but the service was very poor. We had to wait one and a half hours for a main course. Apparently the pizza my wife ordered had been burnt.
- Come for the food!mbd3VIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent food and unbelievable friendly service. The ambiance leaves a bit to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic pizza we've ever hadMelanieDined on 7/8/2014Typical New York italian restaurant... Friendly service... Excellent food. The BEST authentic pizza we've ever had... The medium size pizza is like an x-large size in Canada... Perfect for families and friends!!!!Special Features:
- Italian Neighborhood Gemfreetime55Dined on 7/8/2014Very casual small restaurant/bar with excellent food at moderate prices. Try the Grandma Pizza for a special treat. One large feeds 3-4 people 2 huge slices each! Thin Sicilian crust with fresh crushed roma tomatoes, garlic and basil! Allow 45 min-1 hour for baking. They do serve breakfast too and have a takeout menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingFamilySteveKVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great Pizza and friendly staff. We had a Neapolitan pizza and a few appetizers as well as dessert. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Fun ambiance.PeggyDined on 7/4/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Manager was very inviting to guests and conversational. Fun place. Our kids loved it too.Special Features:
- Hot as hellDogclifford1Dined on 7/3/2014The restaurant was hot as hell on a not so warm night. I am a person who prefers warm, but this was way too much. I did not like drenching in my sweat while eating. Other than the drenching hot hell ambiance, food was good. But we were not really able to enjoy it.Special Features: