Patzeria Family & Friends
311 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Patzeria Family & Friends
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patzeriafamilyfriends.com/
- Phone: 2122454343
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 7:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do outside or indoor catering or private parties.
- Special Events: come join us for all sporting events
A word from Patzeria Family & Friends
Stop in today for delicious pasta, pizza, and rustic Italian entrees at Patzeria Family and Friends. Located in the heart of midtown with reasonable prices and delicious, fresh food, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. We are the perfect spot for a quick delicious bite pre or post theatre. We look forward to serving and treating you like one of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Patzeria Family & Friends - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Patzeria Family & Friends reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (38)kid-friendly (32)good for groups (23)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great service - good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The service in was outstanding, atmosphere great and food good.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmeddissapointedVIPDined on 8/20/2014Chose this restaurant for its 4+ star average rating on OpenTable. Service was very good, but have to say that the food was not great. We had basic pizza and pasta and meatballs. Both were less than average and much less than I would expect from a 4 star restaurant.
- Great spotTbear34Dined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a neighborhood Italian place & found Patzeria on open table. We were greeted by our waiter Genero and he took great care of us all night! His knowledge of the menu was second to none and he just knew how to make us feel like regulars. Food was delicious and everybody in our group loved what they ordered. Bottom line is this little gem is the perfect neighborhood spot just off of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not believe the reviews!DisappointedDined on 8/18/2014Food was unremarkable and overpriced. We went here because of the reviews and it did not even come close to our expectations. I could have made better Italian food at home! Do not bother coming here because there are so many better options in Manhattan!
- Wonderful!AnnaDined on 7/26/2014Found this gem while doing an internet search of places near the theatre district that had whole wheat pasta. Very friendly greeting and informal ambiance. Had a bit of a scare when the waitress came to tell us whole wheat pasta not always available. For appetizers, the girls both had the porcini salad. I had the Caesar. They loved theirs and mine was good but could have used a bit more dressing, there was some dry lettuce in there. Anyway I had whole wheat penne with bolognese sauce - absolutely delicious. One of my daughters had the same pasta with clam sauce, and my other daughter had the primavera. The food was awesome, and the only small complaint was that the clam sauce was a bit watery. All in all a great find and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not ideal for biz meetHlthyFoodLuvrDined on 7/24/2014Meals was excellent. We ate off the evenng special list for 2 in our party. Chicken with lemon wine sauce was tasty with linguini. Pizza was excellent. Tiramasu was nice light creamy high on espresso...the Italian donuts very super yummy. Not ideal for biz conversation as it was a bit loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicerich46Dined on 7/18/2014The food was nice the atmosphere was great but the service was very poor. We had to wait one and a half hours for a main course. Apparently the pizza my wife ordered had been burnt.
- Come for the food!mbd3VIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent food and unbelievable friendly service. The ambiance leaves a bit to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic pizza we've ever hadMelanieDined on 7/8/2014Typical New York italian restaurant... Friendly service... Excellent food. The BEST authentic pizza we've ever had... The medium size pizza is like an x-large size in Canada... Perfect for families and friends!!!!Special Features:
- Italian Neighborhood Gemfreetime55Dined on 7/8/2014Very casual small restaurant/bar with excellent food at moderate prices. Try the Grandma Pizza for a special treat. One large feeds 3-4 people 2 huge slices each! Thin Sicilian crust with fresh crushed roma tomatoes, garlic and basil! Allow 45 min-1 hour for baking. They do serve breakfast too and have a takeout menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingFamilySteveKDined on 7/4/2014Great Pizza and friendly staff. We had a Neapolitan pizza and a few appetizers as well as dessert. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Fun ambiance.PeggyDined on 7/4/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Manager was very inviting to guests and conversational. Fun place. Our kids loved it too.Special Features:
- Hot as hellDogclifford1Dined on 7/3/2014The restaurant was hot as hell on a not so warm night. I am a person who prefers warm, but this was way too much. I did not like drenching in my sweat while eating. Other than the drenching hot hell ambiance, food was good. But we were not really able to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Excellent Family Style FooderobithaDined on 7/3/2014To literally be so close to the tourist flytrap of Broadway & Time Sq you'd expect many places to cut corners - not here. They successfully deliver a welcoming and friendly vibe, whilst delivering excellent home-made Italian food. If you're seriously hungry start with the garlic knots. Otherwise the Stromboli is a definite winner. Nice food, great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceMichelleDined on 6/30/2014I took a group of 18 including 13 teenage Girl Scouts. This truly is a family and friends restaurant because you don't leave without feeling like you are just that. The food was Outstanding! The Chef and owner came out to make us feel welcome. Thank you so much to Patzeria for making our pre-Broadway dinner spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with great food!KerimDined on 6/29/2014Neighborhood gem! great food and very good service - felt like a regular even though we'd never been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeProfBDined on 6/27/2014A bit noisy at dinner! Terrific for lunch. Family owned; the sister Maria will tend to all your needs. Solid stock at the bar and the pasta dishes are great. Prices are very reasonable for this eatery in the theater district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Off-Broadway EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food at good prices. Very friendly staff and owner. Excellent location when visiting Theater District/Times Square. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Great pizzaPhilmDined on 6/22/2014We let our 18 year old daughter choose a place for dinner after we attended the Sunday matinee of the Lion King. She wanted a pizza and Patzeria was close by. It didn't disappoint. We had a wonderful Sicilian pizza and Caesar salad. Great food at a reasonable price for NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cal13Dined on 6/21/2014solid place with a warm staff, good food, reasonable prices, and attentive service. Pre-theatre the ambiance was frenetic as was the noise level. Overall a rewarding experience. Plan to return.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodLarryDined on 6/21/2014The chicken pica ta was very good. My wife liked the bread. We had a nice Chianti. The spaghetti was very good. The meatballs needed a bit more seasoning (salt at least). A very nice chocolate mousse for dessert. The service was O.K., they were very busy and that was reflected by somewhat slower service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super friendly people!DerekDined on 6/19/2014Everybody at Patzeria was extremely welcoming and friendly. Food was solid, and the service was great. Wonderful spot for families.Special Features:
- Great food, great waiters, livelycathrobDined on 6/18/2014As others said -- great Classic Italian food, refreshingly simple and moderately priced for Broadway, fabulous waiters (the kind you can gesture to and they get it), but airconditioning couldn't stand up to the crowd on a hot night. Loved my veal piccata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!GrandSueDined on 6/18/2014This was the third time to eat at Patzerias since 2012, and it is consistently great! We had lasagna, spaghetti, a lemon chicken special, and macaroni (1/2 serving for child), along with cheese sticks, chocolate Cake and chocolate moose Pie. YUMMY and great service! Yes, I will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful secret findMara30Dined on 6/18/2014The staff is warm and friendly. The food was excellent and the tiramisu was as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Love it here!LisaDfromNYCVIPDined on 6/13/2014Their motto, come in as strangers, leave as friends, couldn't be more appropriate. Not only is the food phenomenal, the service is warm and professional and John at the bar makes everyone feel welcome. The kitchen is always accommodating and special requests don't ruffle any feathers (ask if they have any off-menu gnocchi, it's amazing!). There is a great mix of neighborhood regulars, out of towners and repeat customers from around the city. We love it here!Special Features:
- Authentic Neapolitan pizzaKitchenDivaDined on 6/13/2014We were seated quickly, the service was pleasant and the food top-notch. Will go back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatzeriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This place was recommended to me by the Concierge at the Renaissance Times Square where I work. It was a cute little spot and everyone in my party enjoyed the food. The shrimp scampi was a little salty for me but everyone else loved their choices and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSolarFoodieDined on 6/12/2014Very authentic. Loved seeing the staff sing happy birthday to the guy at the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!sweet16Dined on 6/7/2014had a great time! food was excellent! service was great! a friendly staff who made you feel welcome.after a day spent in the city for my daughters sweet sixteen we ended at patzeria's for dinner. the girl's had a great time and enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it againblarondeVIPDined on 6/6/2014I always feel like family! Good good, reasonable prices, near the theaters and lunch specials to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a group dinnerDonnaKDined on 6/5/2014We had to find a place that was reasonable, could fit 20 of us and wasn't jammed with tourists. Bingo! This it! The service was fantastic - so friendly, so attentive and accommodated all of our quirky needs. Will definitely go back for either a group dinner or even a smaller more intimate meal. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- Great Local SpotRae121Dined on 5/30/2014My sister, a friend, and I went to Patzeria Family & Friends before a show, and the service was wonderful! The staff was friendly and personable (and able to work with our showtime deadline!)- as good as everything else was, I'd say the service was easily the best part. The food was good- I can be a bit of an Italian snob, but everyone loved their dishes as well as the appetizers, and the pizzas at the next table looked divine. I will definitely be back to try one of those next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GymratGymratDined on 5/29/2014Nice little Italian spot off Broadway. Great food. Family owned and very attentive. Warm and cozy atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014We chose this unpretentious place near our hotel, didn't want a fuss and really wanted local food by local people. Lovely, friendly, lively place. Great Caesar salad, carrot ginger soup was fantastic, my scampi was just what I was in the mood for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Best pizza we've had for a long time. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so goodNew2NYDined on 5/26/2014Great food. Service was not good. Didn't stop to ask how we were doing. Had to ask for my bill. Then it took forever to complete my bill just to find out they charged my card for the wrong table. They did apologize but it felt like we didn't matter as customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDickDined on 5/26/2014Having searched for somewhere to eat this came with high reviews and rightly so . all 4 meals were very tasty and reasonably priced .A real GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTuckersmomDined on 5/25/2014Going to New York for the weekend and having 2 sons that are in a wide range of food choices, I new Italian couldn't miss. Went on computer and asked for a wonderful restaurant near" Avenue Q" a play we were seeing. First Italian that popped up was Pazteria, We were nor disappointed. Shrimp Parmesan, White Pizza, and Pasta with Clam sauce. All were wonderful. House Chianti was delicious.Special Features:
- Best Value in Itialian Dining NYChjruizDined on 5/23/2014This was the first meal of our New York trip and couldn't have been better. We were hoping for a good italian meal. Patzeria didn't disappoint. Reservations recommended. It's a small but nice place. The food and the service was perfect. A little slow on taking our order but after that everything flowed well. Not slow but neither too fast, just perfect. We ordered the garlic knots and fries mozzarella cheese as a starter. The mozzarella was very good the garlic knots, not so much. They also serve bread so you can skip the knots. For the entree we ordered the tortellini, a pizza and the stromboli. Everything was excellent. Will be back again when in New York. Hard to find a very good italian restaurant with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.