Patzeria Family & Friends
311 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Patzeria Family & Friends
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patzeriafamilyfriends.com/
- Phone: 2122454343x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 7:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do outside or indoor catering or private parties.
- Special Events: come join us for all sporting events
A word from Patzeria Family & Friends
Stop in today for delicious pasta, pizza, and rustic Italian entrees at Patzeria Family and Friends. Located in the heart of midtown with reasonable prices and delicious, fresh food, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. We are the perfect spot for a quick delicious bite pre or post theatre. We look forward to serving and treating you like one of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Patzeria Family & Friends - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Patzeria Family & Friends reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We eat as a family of 4. It was a very welcoming, family run restaurant and everyone looked after us brilliantly from the moment we arrived. Good excellent, I had the crab linguine which was lovely. Our wine was very good too and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Not much more can be said than great New York Italian food and service! Look for the owner as he loves to seek out his customers and chat and tell you about his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerFlamsterDined on 10/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised to be able to get a table on short notice before out show started at 8 on a Thursday night. We got in at 6:30 and out by 7:30. Good food, reasonable prices, and good wait staff. Noisy but that was ok. Three big TVs so you can keep an eye on sports. Delicious garlic bread and excellent calamari. We'd go back.Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The quality of the food is really impressive. The meals serve well two people. I recommend a reservation before going to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmosphereMOTHEATREDined on 10/5/2014You can feel the warmth when you walk in. Everybody is smiling and makes you feel good that you stopped there. Service was fast. It is small and crowded, so much that it is a challenge to get to the restrooms. The menu offers a very traditional list of pasta and pizza as their name indicates. My husband liked his spaghetti and meatballs. My small pizza was huge but also not done in the center. The outer crust was tasty and crispy. They offer table condiments of pepper flakes and cheese, and it's a good thing because both dishes were a bit bland. Of course, it is family friendly so bland works for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Great food great service. They treat everyone like old friends and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foods great staff great placeToblerone2012Dined on 9/30/2014The food was amazing, the staff were so accommodating. The prices were not over the top. Me and my partner shared a medium tomato and basil pizza, and it was huge!! If that was the medium the large must be.....wow! Honestly this little gem of a restaurant is right in the heart of New York but just off the beaten track enough to get away from the hassle and bustle. The atmosphere is relaxing and friendly and the staff are so so nice. Please go here you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Interesting find in our trying of different restaurants in NYC. Obviously many regulars go there and it was friendly and it was loud. Had a goo time. Everyone liked their food.Special Features:
- AwesomeAllenDined on 9/16/2014I can't think of anything negative at all. The waiter (Alan) was awesome. The Pizza was very large for a medium. We were full on 2 pieces each. The staff was very friendly and cheerful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian near TheatreShellsVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went by before theatre the other night. Wait staff was very helpful. Pizza was delicious. Eggplant parm was yummy as well.Special Features:
- Very pleasedPJdinerDined on 8/31/2014Great post theater dinner for 8. Intimate corner booth in the back with great service from Genarro. We'll be back.Special Features:
- like we had been there 100 times..MuserDined on 8/30/2014Just a great fun place. Try it. Good food. Great service. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FunDootchDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for an Italian restaurant for dinner and found Patzeria on Trip Advisor. My wife is a vegetarian and was looking for some eggplant parmasian near our hotel and Times Square. Patzeria fit the bill in positive reviews, price, menu and location. Booking through Open Table was simple and I liked the confirmation email that was immediately sent. Upon arrival, we were sat immediately in one of two remaining tables and were treated like regulars. Service was one of the best experiences I have had at a restaurant. Friendly, warm and accommodating. Great food at a reasonable price in Times Square area. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place is a little hidden gem! A 10 minute walk from Time Sq, very reasonably priced, and the food is amazing! The waitor was so friendly and recommended a mocktail for me when we ordered drinks (presumably thinking I was underage. Im 28, so he gets bonus point for that!) and when we went to order a larger Pizza which would have been more money for them, he said we wouldnt finish it, and he was right! In some American Resturants, actually a lot of them, it can be quite annoying when people keep asking you if everything is ok, but they dont do that either in here. I would highly recommend this restaurant! I booked in advance, as it was a Friday night, but you dont need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - good foodFlyingDutchmanDined on 8/24/2014The service in was outstanding, atmosphere great and food good.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Chose this restaurant for its 4+ star average rating on OpenTable. Service was very good, but have to say that the food was not great. We had basic pizza and pasta and meatballs. Both were less than average and much less than I would expect from a 4 star restaurant.
- Great spotTbear34Dined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a neighborhood Italian place & found Patzeria on open table. We were greeted by our waiter Genero and he took great care of us all night! His knowledge of the menu was second to none and he just knew how to make us feel like regulars. Food was delicious and everybody in our group loved what they ordered. Bottom line is this little gem is the perfect neighborhood spot just off of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not believe the reviews!DisappointedDined on 8/18/2014Food was unremarkable and overpriced. We went here because of the reviews and it did not even come close to our expectations. I could have made better Italian food at home! Do not bother coming here because there are so many better options in Manhattan!
- Wonderful!AnnaDined on 7/26/2014Found this gem while doing an internet search of places near the theatre district that had whole wheat pasta. Very friendly greeting and informal ambiance. Had a bit of a scare when the waitress came to tell us whole wheat pasta not always available. For appetizers, the girls both had the porcini salad. I had the Caesar. They loved theirs and mine was good but could have used a bit more dressing, there was some dry lettuce in there. Anyway I had whole wheat penne with bolognese sauce - absolutely delicious. One of my daughters had the same pasta with clam sauce, and my other daughter had the primavera. The food was awesome, and the only small complaint was that the clam sauce was a bit watery. All in all a great find and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not ideal for biz meetHlthyFoodLuvrDined on 7/24/2014Meals was excellent. We ate off the evenng special list for 2 in our party. Chicken with lemon wine sauce was tasty with linguini. Pizza was excellent. Tiramasu was nice light creamy high on espresso...the Italian donuts very super yummy. Not ideal for biz conversation as it was a bit loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicerich46Dined on 7/18/2014The food was nice the atmosphere was great but the service was very poor. We had to wait one and a half hours for a main course. Apparently the pizza my wife ordered had been burnt.
- Come for the food!mbd3VIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent food and unbelievable friendly service. The ambiance leaves a bit to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic pizza we've ever hadMelanieDined on 7/8/2014Typical New York italian restaurant... Friendly service... Excellent food. The BEST authentic pizza we've ever had... The medium size pizza is like an x-large size in Canada... Perfect for families and friends!!!!Special Features:
- Italian Neighborhood Gemfreetime55Dined on 7/8/2014Very casual small restaurant/bar with excellent food at moderate prices. Try the Grandma Pizza for a special treat. One large feeds 3-4 people 2 huge slices each! Thin Sicilian crust with fresh crushed roma tomatoes, garlic and basil! Allow 45 min-1 hour for baking. They do serve breakfast too and have a takeout menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingFamilySteveKVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great Pizza and friendly staff. We had a Neapolitan pizza and a few appetizers as well as dessert. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Fun ambiance.PeggyDined on 7/4/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Manager was very inviting to guests and conversational. Fun place. Our kids loved it too.Special Features:
- Hot as hellDogclifford1Dined on 7/3/2014The restaurant was hot as hell on a not so warm night. I am a person who prefers warm, but this was way too much. I did not like drenching in my sweat while eating. Other than the drenching hot hell ambiance, food was good. But we were not really able to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Excellent Family Style FooderobithaDined on 7/3/2014To literally be so close to the tourist flytrap of Broadway & Time Sq you'd expect many places to cut corners - not here. They successfully deliver a welcoming and friendly vibe, whilst delivering excellent home-made Italian food. If you're seriously hungry start with the garlic knots. Otherwise the Stromboli is a definite winner. Nice food, great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceMichelleDined on 6/30/2014I took a group of 18 including 13 teenage Girl Scouts. This truly is a family and friends restaurant because you don't leave without feeling like you are just that. The food was Outstanding! The Chef and owner came out to make us feel welcome. Thank you so much to Patzeria for making our pre-Broadway dinner spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with great food!KerimDined on 6/29/2014Neighborhood gem! great food and very good service - felt like a regular even though we'd never been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeProfBDined on 6/27/2014A bit noisy at dinner! Terrific for lunch. Family owned; the sister Maria will tend to all your needs. Solid stock at the bar and the pasta dishes are great. Prices are very reasonable for this eatery in the theater district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Patzeria Family & Friends reviews archive.
- Great Off-Broadway EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food at good prices. Very friendly staff and owner. Excellent location when visiting Theater District/Times Square. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Great pizzaPhilmDined on 6/22/2014We let our 18 year old daughter choose a place for dinner after we attended the Sunday matinee of the Lion King. She wanted a pizza and Patzeria was close by. It didn't disappoint. We had a wonderful Sicilian pizza and Caesar salad. Great food at a reasonable price for NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cal13Dined on 6/21/2014solid place with a warm staff, good food, reasonable prices, and attentive service. Pre-theatre the ambiance was frenetic as was the noise level. Overall a rewarding experience. Plan to return.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodLarryDined on 6/21/2014The chicken pica ta was very good. My wife liked the bread. We had a nice Chianti. The spaghetti was very good. The meatballs needed a bit more seasoning (salt at least). A very nice chocolate mousse for dessert. The service was O.K., they were very busy and that was reflected by somewhat slower service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super friendly people!DerekDined on 6/19/2014Everybody at Patzeria was extremely welcoming and friendly. Food was solid, and the service was great. Wonderful spot for families.Special Features:
- Great food, great waiters, livelycathrobVIPDined on 6/18/2014As others said -- great Classic Italian food, refreshingly simple and moderately priced for Broadway, fabulous waiters (the kind you can gesture to and they get it), but airconditioning couldn't stand up to the crowd on a hot night. Loved my veal piccata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!GrandSueDined on 6/18/2014This was the third time to eat at Patzerias since 2012, and it is consistently great! We had lasagna, spaghetti, a lemon chicken special, and macaroni (1/2 serving for child), along with cheese sticks, chocolate Cake and chocolate moose Pie. YUMMY and great service! Yes, I will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful secret findMara30Dined on 6/18/2014The staff is warm and friendly. The food was excellent and the tiramisu was as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Love it here!LisaDfromNYCVIPDined on 6/13/2014Their motto, come in as strangers, leave as friends, couldn't be more appropriate. Not only is the food phenomenal, the service is warm and professional and John at the bar makes everyone feel welcome. The kitchen is always accommodating and special requests don't ruffle any feathers (ask if they have any off-menu gnocchi, it's amazing!). There is a great mix of neighborhood regulars, out of towners and repeat customers from around the city. We love it here!Special Features: