316 W Erie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patronschicago.com/
- Phone: 3126422400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
A word from Patron's Hacienda
The owners of Patrón’s Hacienda & Sports Cantina are thrilled to bring their family recipes to their new Mexican restaurant featuring fine steaks, traditional Mexican dishes, and a sports cantina. The owners come from backgrounds in restaurants specifically from Mexico City and the western suburbs of Chicago, and are known for some of the best authentic Mexican dishes offered in the Chicago metropolitan area. The inspiration for Patrón’s Hacienda are these long-running family recipes; fine steaks; an extensive Tequila menu featuring individual shots, flights, and bottle service; fresh squeezed juice margaritas; and the same affordable prices offered in our suburban locations will now be available in Chicago’s River North neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Patron's Hacienda reviews from OpenTable diners
- grazDined on 5/31/2014Second time there. Enjoyed it more the first time. Service was very good. But the food arrived cool.
- Dinner before theaterJoygee3Dined on 5/15/2014Very attentive service with great happy hour specials on appetizers and drinks. Enjoyed some sangria with delicious guacamole. My friend enjoyed the chicken mole. My steak quesadillas were tasty but a bit greasy. Overall, we really enjoyed the food with the server's friendliness and efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco at PatronsFrogNSnailPartOneDined on 5/5/2014We reserved a table for 7 on Cinco De Mayo. Can be tricky on a big holiday like that but we where seated early, not fuss about the whole group not being there right at 7 which is always nice!! The food and drinks as always where great, we had some issues with our order being right though not sure if it was the added noise because of the holiday or that server but it was annoying enough I took off a star. They had a 9 piece Mariachi band in for the occasion which was a really nice addition to the night!Special Features:
- Make sure which margarita served!KenCVIPDined on 5/5/2014The large red lamp shades make the bar side of the place more interesting. Decent Mexican food including a couple of nicely cooked skirt steak offers - the carne asada was quite flavorful and surprisingly tender. The carnitas tacos were tasty. The queso fundido w chorizo was good - but the proportion of chorizo to cheese was off - needed more than a sprinkling of chorizo. Did NOT appreciate the waiter bringing two "cadillac" margaritas at $12 each when I ordered the House traditional margarita. To make the matter worse, the cadillac tasted no better than the traditional and just somewhat bigger in goblets as oppose to a glass at a significant mark up. Crazy busy on Cinco de Mayo. Should have paid more attention to what was served.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceHadley27Dined on 4/26/2014Very spacious. Separate bar and dining areas. Very happy having gone in not knowing what to expect. Not fancy, but good, chilled atmosphere with tasty drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findjg23Dined on 4/2/2014I found this place online just by searching mexican. Im pretty sure the location was the old coyote ugly, not that familiar with the city, lol. Great food, great service, plenty of top tequila, in short I cant complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovefood1luv2dineDined on 3/23/2014Nice place, very colorful. Waitress was very nice,energetic and attentative. The food was good, however if you can't handle spicy food then please let your waitress know. The food was good no complaints on that end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceHowardVIPDined on 3/22/2014Our family had another very pleasant meal at Patron's this weekend. Special shout-out to our server, Pricilla, and to our favorite hostess Gloria. They made us feel very welcome and at home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BummerdinerdameVIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was lukewarm. Had to walk to the back of the restaurant to ask for service. Lightbulbs needed to be replaced. Just really a bummer. Won't be back.
- fabrichieDined on 3/7/2014Way fab.......delicious food, attentive service....we will be going back....wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhh....JWalkVIPDined on 3/7/2014We had a girls dinner here after one had returned from a trip, so it was nice that it wasn't crowded/loud since we were planning on hearing all about the trip. Our server was good, however we all said the food was just 'ehh'. I had the enchiladas with "red" sauce. It is like no red sauce I had ever had. It was very dark and thick. I asked if I was served mole on accident. She said, 'no, this is just how our red sauce is.' Ok, note to self. My friend got the chicken fajitas and said they were just pretty bland. Other friend got the steak tacos and said they were fine. We all agreed our drinks were good (Margaritas, Micheladas and Palomas). We left saying that we would rather have traveled further for Uncle Julio's.
- First timeemily69Dined on 2/26/2014I enjoyed the place it was my first time going I would for sure to come back and bring my family took pictures & told alot of people about checking it out tooSpecial Features:
- Man I love this jointCharlieDined on 2/25/2014Is the best time I've ever had my wife took me there one time for my birthday and this time I had friends and the whole family and it was a very exquisite time. The drinks were phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot and solid menuDrilldocDined on 2/21/2014First time here and it was a nice spot to grab some Mexican food and a few beers. Great place for friends to gather.Special Features:
- Patron Hacienda - Nice SurpriseJChicagoDined on 2/14/2014We went to eat dinner for Valentine's Day as a last minute plan. I was delightfully surprised that the food was good and the ambiance was nicer than I thought it would be.Special Features:
- GREAT GREAT GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Me and my partner go there once a year and when we go there's never a problem The drinks are amazing the food is great and everyone there is so friendly I would recommend this place for group outings a romantic date or just for some drinks this restaurant can accommodate allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceHowardVIPDined on 2/1/2014My family eats at Patrons about once a month - - we consistently have an enjoyable meal, delicious food, reasonable prices, and great service. A special shout-out to our usual server, Gloria, who is exceptionally attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayVetteDined on 1/23/2014The food was good but the atmosphere was just okay. Everything was fairly priced. I would probably eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Birthday Dinner Experiencediner1989Dined on 1/18/2014We were the only table in the restaurant, and the waiter could not seperate our bills for us. It took him a whole hour to figure it out. He was confused about who had what. I had to assist him and do his job by coming back to my table to ask for him. In the meantime of him trying to figure out the bills, he went to take other orders. Aside from that, I clearly stated in my reservation notes that it was my bday, and did not get a Happy Birthday dessert or acknowledement. Worst experience ever. They pre-charged us 20 percent gratuity for the horrible service! I suggest not wasting your time at this establishment!
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014I have been to Patron's twice. Both times, the food was exceptional. The skirt steak is amazing and I love their chile rellenos. The margaritas were good as well. The first time we went, it was a weeknight and they had a DJ playing music. It was loud but lots of fun. The second time was a Saturday night and they had the football playoffs on the TV's - it changed the ambiance from a mexican restaurant to a sports bar atmosphere - not what I was expecting for "date night."I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteHowardVIPDined on 1/4/2014We go with our family for dinner to Patron's about once a month. The food is consistently excellent, and our regular server Gloria is outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Drinks, Good FoodOccasionalDinerDined on 12/30/2013Went to Patron Hacienda to meet friends for a birthday gathering. The location, decor and food are good. Drinks were wonderful. Wait staff was pleasant but service was a little slow. It was a salsa Monday and the night of there Pre- New Years Eve Bash so this may have been an attributing factor. I would go back and give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of good foodMZUFDined on 12/27/2013The portions were large and the food delicous and authentic. The quesadilla appetizer would be enough as an entree for one. The tilapia and skirt steak were cooked perfectly. We had enough leftovers for another meal at home! Our server was very attentive - checking with us several times to make sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantthorDined on 11/16/2013Good restaurant, Good drinks, excellent ambience, good service, just little bit overpriced on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicemo147VIPDined on 10/24/2013The bartender is excellent however I didn't think the food was the greatest although I ordered Baja Tacos and maybe just wouldn't recommend them to anyone.Special Features:
- Not to busy at 7:45 on Saturday.Meg14321Dined on 10/5/2013Not to busy at 7:45 on Saturday. Elotes are awesome! I'd go back for a quick bite.Special Features:
- Dont waste your moneyChrejasDined on 9/28/2013This place is horrible , bad service , bad food , never coming back ... ..
- our viditvisit to patron haciendaDaifenyDined on 9/28/2013The location and the restaurant were great. We didn't wait much for our table. However, we waited a long time for our food even though there weren't that many people in the restaurant since it was still early before the dinner time rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the Margaitas.Chidi20VIPDined on 9/21/2013We enjoyed the Margaitas. Spectaular. The best part of the restaurant is that the wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food!BeachinDined on 9/9/2013This was our first time eating here and they did not disappoint. Service was excellent, margaritas were too good and went down way to fast The food was excellent as well and you get a lot of food for your money. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceHowardVIPDined on 9/7/2013Our experience at Patron's was excellent: very good food, outstanding service, very reasonably priced. We particularly appreciated our server, Gloria C, who greated us warmly and remembered our preferences from our last visit over a month ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tequila menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013I was very impressed with their tequila menu and enjoyed possibly the best margarita I have ever had. The don't use a mix so it is fresh and wonderful! I could have eaten a ton of their salsa and if I wasn't stuffed, I would have gotten some to go. The only thing I found a bit disappointing was the refried beans. My friend and I both felt they might be out of a can. Other then that, a good time was had by all EXCEPT for the fact the ceiling fans create gale force winds on your hot food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy that it was not blocked offOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2013They were hosting a party and I made reservations and the restaurant wasn't even open at that timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A party of 15 and not be ableGenoviveDined on 8/24/2013A party of 15 and not be able to get seperate checks is just ridiculous. Not everyone dranked that night so its not like we could have split it equally. I was very dissapointed! The waitress was very cold and not friendly whatsoever.Special Features:
- Food very good and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013Food very good and reasonable priced . Had to ask three different people and four times before chips on table refilledSpecial Features:
- Best margarita I ever had!SharonDined on 8/23/2013Best margarita I ever had! The waiter was really helpful as well, giving us recommendations-which turned out to be great!! Would definately visit again when I'm back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...ChicagotrbDined on 8/17/2013We had noticed the place a few times and decided to check it out. It was easy to find a table on the small patio on Saturday night. The food was okay, but nothing special for Mexican food. In fact, it seemed a bit boring. But we did ask for mild and not spicy suggestions, so it might have been our mistake. The sides of rice and beans were just bland and boring. My girlfriend really liked her Margarita and the drink menu looked much more interesting. The service was very good(don't recall the server's name) He was helpful with menu selections, very friendly and the bus staff were also very attentive. Might be a good place for locals to go since it is friendly and you can get something reliable, if not exciting.Special Features:
- DeliciousabcruzDined on 8/15/2013The staff was friendly and attentive, our server recommended her favorite dishes and they did not disappoint. The bartender that evening made sure to keep the drinks flowing and made sure everyone was having a good time. We will definitely be coming in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experience.RonnieDined on 8/3/2013We had a great experience. I cant wait to make it back for more dinner and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enoughChrisDined on 8/2/2013The food is good, the prices are fairly reasonable for the neighborhood. I'd definiately go again, but it's not my favorite restaurant in Chicago.Special Features: