Patrick's Bakery Cafe
2928 West 66th St
Richfield, MN 55423Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Patrick's Bakery Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patricksbakerycafe.com/index.html
- Phone: 6128617570
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining in our beautiful restaurant or at our location in Bachman"s on Lyndale where you can enjoy the live greenery and flowers of the greenhouse with bistro seating.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Bernet 6128617570
A word from Patrick's Bakery Cafe
Patrick's Bakery and Cafe features the best of French and American cuisine. Located in Southdale Square, the restaurant offers guests a warm and inviting atmosphere with a selection of the finest pastries available in the Twin Cities. The menu offers such classics as Coq au vin, Beef Bourguignon, Steak Frites and Escargot. But, classics alone do not make up Patrick's menu. Grilled Salmon, Sea Bass and other coastal selections are available to tantalize your taste buds. Prefer something a little lighter? Try one of our many creative salads. Patrick's famous Patou burger is a fabulous choice, just one taste of the Patou burger and you are instantly taken away to Paris. Patrick's also offers a wonderful selection of french wines. Dinner at Patrick's is an experience that always leaves you wanting more, this want is enhanced by affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Patrick's Bakery Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very good French foodNancynurseDined on 10/17/2014We have dined here multiple times at the end of long, chaotic work weeks. The mussels are outstanding and are available only on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The wine list is small but memorable. The wait staff is so good you'll think you're dining in a Michelin five star restaurant! We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- DeluxVIPDined on 10/9/2014I have been going weekly for years, the food and mostly the service its outstandingSpecial Features:
- MarkoDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service. The menu isdiverse and specials change frequently.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantTheBigCVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent. The four of us enjoyed the dining experience. Three of the four had the salmon, while the fourth had the steak frites. All four meals were prepared to our instructions. One of the diners who ordered salmon asked for a gluten-free meal, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate that request. Very friendly staff...make a reservation if you plan on eating there on a Friday or Saturday night. They are very busy from 5:30-7:30. You will enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- Nice surprise in strip mallEidtpVIPDined on 10/3/2014We stumbled on this after reading reviews of it, and we ended up having a very nice dinner. My husband had the Coq au vin with a game hen, which he said was very good. I had short ribs and a small lobster tail which was accompanied by a hollowed a pumpkin that had been baked and filled with lobster risotto with small cube sweet potatoes in it. The presentation was very nice, the vegetables were not overclocked, and overall it was a very pleasant meal. It appears that this place has amazing bakery items, so we ordered some desserts and they were equally good.
- EnchantingFrenchFilleDined on 10/1/2014Combines the cost of a 'seat yourself' restaurant and cuisine of a high-end eatery! Just delicious! The servers were friendly and helpful, and there were plenty of baked goods to choose for desert! Can't wait to get back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatKathyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I was surprised how well the little bakery served as a restaurant. The atmosphere was quiet and kind of cozy. The food was good but a little too much oil on the side dishes. Our waiter was new and forgot our salad but did bring it late and didn't charge us for it. The service was slow but thoughtful. We would go back but not rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNatureartDined on 8/23/2014One doesn't typically find a quality cafe/restaurant/bakery of this quality in a suburban strip mall, but Patrick's is all of those things. And very reasonable prices: Two of us enjoyed dinner with wine and dessert for under $60 including tip.Special Features:
- foodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love the salads they offer but their weekend seated dinner service is always slow and disorganized.
- Great little find!SouthMetroFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Fabulous bakery items - I mean just try to find somewhere in the Twin Cities that rivals their desserts. Tough assignment. Danishes, opera cake, raspberry-infused brownie cake, strawberry napoleon, etc. Amazing! But the surprise was their food is absolutely delectable as well. I had the large Bistro Salad and my husband had the Barbecue Beef Brisket Burger - oh man, the flavor! The breads are made there so it was soft and just completely wonderful. All of it - fabulous. There is a nice little patio outside which overlooks the parking lot, but they do it up with greens, candles, and lights so it feels cozy & romantic. Glasses of wine are filled high and quality, yet wonderfully priced. Our new favorite place!Special Features:
- Great lunch with grandaughterPurple8PrincessVIPDined on 7/12/2014Loved to be able to take my granddaughter to a place that wasn’t just for kids. She enjoyed ordering a terrific cheeseburger and loved the french fries. She was treated with respect and even got to sample the appetizer. Along with the bill we were presented with a small cookie thank you. They take care of everyone there.Special Features:
- Second visit to Patrick'sFitzthoughtsDined on 7/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the great food. Mussels in white wine sauce were a real treat. Good quantity and well prepared. Another had the rack of lamb and it was quite wonderful. A new place of us, but we will return. Prices are affordable and value received was high.Special Features:
- WonderfulDannuDined on 7/4/2014Terrific . Found Patricks when they opened about 10 years ago. Best pastries in the Midwest, terrific food and service also. Relaxed dining.Special Features:
- "Strip Mall Dynamo!!!"CappyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Don't be turned off by the location in a mall....please go inside, check the menu, sit down and get ready for really well prepared food. When I first approached the restaurant, I could hear a recording of Edith Piaf singing a French song. Well if that doesn't set the mood I don't know what does. We had the Mussels in cream sauce, Duck Breast for the entrée and Escargot and Crab Cakes for an appetizer....all were really good. We live 3 hours away, so usually stay overnight. Will be returning at the end of July to have another great meal and try some of the other choices. Prices are very economical. Wine was lovely also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Patrick's Bakery Cafe reviews archive.
- A nice surpriseFitzthoughtsDined on 6/26/2014Recommended by friends, we were somewhat skeptical. We were seated promptly and graced with attentive service. Found a very attractive menu and ordered. I had the rack of lamb done to perfection and enjoyed a substantial portion. My wife enjoyed the steak and frittes. Accompanied by a reasonably price bottle of wine, we enjoyed and definitely will return. A very nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great serviceSukeyDined on 6/13/2014Once again, a great meal from Patrick's. Excellent service as well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great serviceSukeyDined on 5/21/2014First time at Patrick's for dinner. The food was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great dining week-ends at Patrick'spennyDined on 4/20/2014When we moved to the neighborhood we discovered that what seemed a great little pastry shop was also a great cafe, but more importantly a very nice and elegant restaurant on the week-ends. Patrick's makes first rate French cuisine that my kids and I enjoy at a price and in a setting that is appropriate for almost any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodtedarinoinmnDined on 4/19/2014We had a reservation for 5 but when we arrived the table reserved for us was not given to us because 3 of our 5 were children. We instead got a 4 top table and one child stuck at the corner. It worked out ok but was a little annoying since we had a reservation for 5. The food was good as always and my children loved the mussels. The wine was very good and a very reasonable price. Overall a very nice evening with great service.Special Features:
- Transformed at dinnercasualdinerDined on 4/12/2014This was the first time I had been to Patrick's since they started the table service for dinner. Loved the ambience. We had the very delicious baked brie to start. I had the Shrimp Eiffel which was beautifully presented. It was very good, but maybe a bit too salty. My family had onion soup (great), ceasar salad (great), croque monsieur (not good), beef brisket sandwich (delicious) and the California burger (good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014My wife and I dined here on a Friday night and although this is a cozy restaurant we were seated right away. The waitress was very informative and helpful and the food was Delicious. I had the salmon and my wife enjoyed the french onion soup. My wife enjoys sweet wines and the waitress recommended a wonderful wine that she really enjoyed. All in all this is a great place to eat. The food is wonderful, the staff is polite and efficient and the experience we had makes us want to come back often.Special Features:
- In France for a whileLarryDined on 4/5/2014With a focus on the food, service and energetic vibe without the formality, stuffiness or inflated prices so often associated with "French" dining, Patrick's continues to please. Closer to a neighborhood bistro with a great bakery beside this place is a gem in the southern part of the city. The menu is imaginative enough to satisfy most and has been consistently good in our several visits. We will definitely return before long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croissants and Dinner too!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Not just a great little bakery. Romantic dinners too. Our "French" club had a wonderful dinner and took many treats home for breakfast.Special Features:
- A Sat nightDaveDined on 3/7/2014My steak was excellent. My wifes hamburger had a hot spicy mustard that she did not like. The wine was great. The service was good but not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerECooterDined on 3/1/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Patrick's is a great place for that. Food was outstanding. This was our second visit to Patrick's and they do not disappoint. Service is attentive but not to the point of pestering. We definitely recommend them to anyone for a quiet dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:
- ReviewthenurseDined on 2/21/2014I had only eaten dessert there until that evening. The dinners were excellent, and the desserts, as usual were so delicious and beautiful to look at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AndrewDined on 2/15/2014Patrick's Bakery Cafe offers table service on the weekends only for dinner. My husband & I went there for our Valentine's dinner, and we loved it! Everything was excellent, from start to finish. I highly recommend this hidden-away gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than expectedValentinesdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We have been here for V-Day three years in a row. Unfortunately, my Sea Bass had many bones and was undercooked. Likely the cause of my stomach ache later that night. My wife got the beef bourgenoine?(sp) as in the past. This year came on a mountain of noodles. The past presentation was much better and a lot less work. The waiter never asked how the food tasted. Dont think we will be going back.Special Features:
- Never disapointingPurple8PrincessVIPDined on 2/2/2014It was a quiet night (Super Bowl Sunday) but the food wasn't quiet. My seabass was excellent and my husband's steak is always great. The Sunday night special (a bottle of wine $10 with 2 entries) is a good value. Patrick's is a goodd place to go any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have had dinner at Patrick'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014We have had dinner at Patrick's several time and the food has been delicious, the menu has numerous offerings, the wines are good and well priced. Especially like that it is in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a findFoodieFoursomeDined on 1/11/2014If you like classic French preparations at a moderate price, you will love Patrick's. By no means a hot spot or a hipster hangout, the draw is the quality of the food, the reasonableness of the price, and the fantastic desserts and pastries. We will be back - often!Special Features:
- perfect date night experiencefoodfanDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I made reservations for Patrick's Bakery & Cafe for a Saturday night and were promptly seated in a lovely corner spot. The Cream of Pumpkin Soup was absolutely wonderful as was the beef brisket burger & filet mignon w/shrimp. We loved the atmosphere and left with some pretty fancy desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place. The foodMikeVIPDined on 12/24/2013We love this place. The food is very good and the staff is excellent. Everything done here is first class. Don't forget to stop at their bakery after dinner to pick up some breakfast treats. The croissants are wonderful. It is one of the few nice restaurants that is open for Christmas Eve so we make it a traditions to go there. We can't wait for them to open their new place in Maple Grove so we can go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/7/2013Great food and wine. While the wine list isn't long, the choices are great and the pours are even better for $6 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a welcome date nightcjbearDined on 11/26/2013Don't be fooled because of the location of this place. I'd love to see it not in a strip mall, but that doesn't distract from the amazing food and - dare I mention - the dessert display. It's lovely enough to make you want to skip dinner (but don't!) and sample desserts. I've had the duck a l'orange (perfect risotto in a restaurant?!?!! Delightful surprise) and beef bourguignon - both excellent. I highly recommend the wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrick's is always good.ChowfoolDined on 11/26/2013Patrick's is always good. Went there for my birthday and had a great burger with real french fries and a marvelous Napoleon. This place is in a strip center in a generic suburb, so the good bristo food is counterintuitive. Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert SpectaculardinstonerDined on 11/23/2013The desserts at Patrick's are works of art. The food its all good, from the fresh baguettes, to the interesting burgers and specialties. But even if your not hungry, you can't pass by these desserts. Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't shy away because it's FrenchMarkoDined on 11/22/2013Many restaurants claim they are French cuisine simply because they use fresh ingredients or because they have mastered the technique of serving very small proportions, Patrick's serves full size portions and stays true to French style cuisine. This is as close to a French meal that you can find. We've dined here five times and have been extremely satisfied each time. They have somewhat limited seating so make a reservation for diner to assure you can get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerjronningVIPDined on 11/1/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dinner there on a Friday night. We each had a fish entrée and both were very taste. Loved the amuse bouche and the small chocolate hazelnut candy at the end of our meal. Service was good, everyone was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pumpkin Soup was incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013Pumpkin Soup was incredible. Complimentary bite sized appetizer and post dinner chocolate sweet were extra nice surprises. Ryan cake was delectable. Hannah was a terrific server - pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive. Whole experience was delightful - looking forward to returning soon.Special Features: