Patrick's Bakery Cafe
2928 West 66th St
Richfield, MN 55423Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Patrick's Bakery Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patricksbakerycafe.com/index.html
- Phone: 6128617570
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining in our beautiful restaurant or at our location in Bachman"s on Lyndale where you can enjoy the live greenery and flowers of the greenhouse with bistro seating.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Bernet 6128617570
A word from Patrick's Bakery Cafe
Patrick's Bakery and Cafe features the best of French and American cuisine. Located in Southdale Square, the restaurant offers guests a warm and inviting atmosphere with a selection of the finest pastries available in the Twin Cities. The menu offers such classics as Coq au vin, Beef Bourguignon, Steak Frites and Escargot. But, classics alone do not make up Patrick's menu. Grilled Salmon, Sea Bass and other coastal selections are available to tantalize your taste buds. Prefer something a little lighter? Try one of our many creative salads. Patrick's famous Patou burger is a fabulous choice, just one taste of the Patou burger and you are instantly taken away to Paris. Patrick's also offers a wonderful selection of french wines. Dinner at Patrick's is an experience that always leaves you wanting more, this want is enhanced by affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Patrick's Bakery Cafe - Best Restaurants in Richfield ›
Patrick's Bakery Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Neighborhood GemNatureartDined on 8/23/2014One doesn't typically find a quality cafe/restaurant/bakery of this quality in a suburban strip mall, but Patrick's is all of those things. And very reasonable prices: Two of us enjoyed dinner with wine and dessert for under $60 including tip.Special Features:
- Great lunch with grandaughterPurple8PrincessVIPDined on 7/12/2014Loved to be able to take my granddaughter to a place that wasn’t just for kids. She enjoyed ordering a terrific cheeseburger and loved the french fries. She was treated with respect and even got to sample the appetizer. Along with the bill we were presented with a small cookie thank you. They take care of everyone there.Special Features:
- Second visit to Patrick'sFitzthoughtsDined on 7/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the great food. Mussels in white wine sauce were a real treat. Good quantity and well prepared. Another had the rack of lamb and it was quite wonderful. A new place of us, but we will return. Prices are affordable and value received was high.Special Features:
- WonderfulDannuDined on 7/4/2014Terrific . Found Patricks when they opened about 10 years ago. Best pastries in the Midwest, terrific food and service also. Relaxed dining.Special Features:
- "Strip Mall Dynamo!!!"CappyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Don't be turned off by the location in a mall....please go inside, check the menu, sit down and get ready for really well prepared food. When I first approached the restaurant, I could hear a recording of Edith Piaf singing a French song. Well if that doesn't set the mood I don't know what does. We had the Mussels in cream sauce, Duck Breast for the entrée and Escargot and Crab Cakes for an appetizer....all were really good. We live 3 hours away, so usually stay overnight. Will be returning at the end of July to have another great meal and try some of the other choices. Prices are very economical. Wine was lovely also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseFitzthoughtsDined on 6/26/2014Recommended by friends, we were somewhat skeptical. We were seated promptly and graced with attentive service. Found a very attractive menu and ordered. I had the rack of lamb done to perfection and enjoyed a substantial portion. My wife enjoyed the steak and frittes. Accompanied by a reasonably price bottle of wine, we enjoyed and definitely will return. A very nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great serviceSukeyDined on 6/13/2014Once again, a great meal from Patrick's. Excellent service as well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great serviceSukeyDined on 5/21/2014First time at Patrick's for dinner. The food was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the Patrick's Bakery Cafe reviews archive.
- Great dining week-ends at Patrick'spennyDined on 4/20/2014When we moved to the neighborhood we discovered that what seemed a great little pastry shop was also a great cafe, but more importantly a very nice and elegant restaurant on the week-ends. Patrick's makes first rate French cuisine that my kids and I enjoy at a price and in a setting that is appropriate for almost any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodtedarinoinmnDined on 4/19/2014We had a reservation for 5 but when we arrived the table reserved for us was not given to us because 3 of our 5 were children. We instead got a 4 top table and one child stuck at the corner. It worked out ok but was a little annoying since we had a reservation for 5. The food was good as always and my children loved the mussels. The wine was very good and a very reasonable price. Overall a very nice evening with great service.Special Features:
- Transformed at dinnercasualdinerDined on 4/12/2014This was the first time I had been to Patrick's since they started the table service for dinner. Loved the ambience. We had the very delicious baked brie to start. I had the Shrimp Eiffel which was beautifully presented. It was very good, but maybe a bit too salty. My family had onion soup (great), ceasar salad (great), croque monsieur (not good), beef brisket sandwich (delicious) and the California burger (good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014My wife and I dined here on a Friday night and although this is a cozy restaurant we were seated right away. The waitress was very informative and helpful and the food was Delicious. I had the salmon and my wife enjoyed the french onion soup. My wife enjoys sweet wines and the waitress recommended a wonderful wine that she really enjoyed. All in all this is a great place to eat. The food is wonderful, the staff is polite and efficient and the experience we had makes us want to come back often.Special Features:
- In France for a whileLarryDined on 4/5/2014With a focus on the food, service and energetic vibe without the formality, stuffiness or inflated prices so often associated with "French" dining, Patrick's continues to please. Closer to a neighborhood bistro with a great bakery beside this place is a gem in the southern part of the city. The menu is imaginative enough to satisfy most and has been consistently good in our several visits. We will definitely return before long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croissants and Dinner too!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Not just a great little bakery. Romantic dinners too. Our "French" club had a wonderful dinner and took many treats home for breakfast.Special Features:
- A Sat nightDaveDined on 3/7/2014My steak was excellent. My wifes hamburger had a hot spicy mustard that she did not like. The wine was great. The service was good but not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerECooterDined on 3/1/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Patrick's is a great place for that. Food was outstanding. This was our second visit to Patrick's and they do not disappoint. Service is attentive but not to the point of pestering. We definitely recommend them to anyone for a quiet dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:
- ReviewthenurseDined on 2/21/2014I had only eaten dessert there until that evening. The dinners were excellent, and the desserts, as usual were so delicious and beautiful to look at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AndrewDined on 2/15/2014Patrick's Bakery Cafe offers table service on the weekends only for dinner. My husband & I went there for our Valentine's dinner, and we loved it! Everything was excellent, from start to finish. I highly recommend this hidden-away gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than expectedValentinesdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We have been here for V-Day three years in a row. Unfortunately, my Sea Bass had many bones and was undercooked. Likely the cause of my stomach ache later that night. My wife got the beef bourgenoine?(sp) as in the past. This year came on a mountain of noodles. The past presentation was much better and a lot less work. The waiter never asked how the food tasted. Dont think we will be going back.Special Features:
- Never disapointingPurple8PrincessVIPDined on 2/2/2014It was a quiet night (Super Bowl Sunday) but the food wasn't quiet. My seabass was excellent and my husband's steak is always great. The Sunday night special (a bottle of wine $10 with 2 entries) is a good value. Patrick's is a goodd place to go any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have had dinner at Patrick'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014We have had dinner at Patrick's several time and the food has been delicious, the menu has numerous offerings, the wines are good and well priced. Especially like that it is in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a findFoodieFoursomeDined on 1/11/2014If you like classic French preparations at a moderate price, you will love Patrick's. By no means a hot spot or a hipster hangout, the draw is the quality of the food, the reasonableness of the price, and the fantastic desserts and pastries. We will be back - often!Special Features:
- perfect date night experiencefoodfanDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I made reservations for Patrick's Bakery & Cafe for a Saturday night and were promptly seated in a lovely corner spot. The Cream of Pumpkin Soup was absolutely wonderful as was the beef brisket burger & filet mignon w/shrimp. We loved the atmosphere and left with some pretty fancy desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place. The foodMikeVIPDined on 12/24/2013We love this place. The food is very good and the staff is excellent. Everything done here is first class. Don't forget to stop at their bakery after dinner to pick up some breakfast treats. The croissants are wonderful. It is one of the few nice restaurants that is open for Christmas Eve so we make it a traditions to go there. We can't wait for them to open their new place in Maple Grove so we can go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/7/2013Great food and wine. While the wine list isn't long, the choices are great and the pours are even better for $6 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a welcome date nightcjbearDined on 11/26/2013Don't be fooled because of the location of this place. I'd love to see it not in a strip mall, but that doesn't distract from the amazing food and - dare I mention - the dessert display. It's lovely enough to make you want to skip dinner (but don't!) and sample desserts. I've had the duck a l'orange (perfect risotto in a restaurant?!?!! Delightful surprise) and beef bourguignon - both excellent. I highly recommend the wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrick's is always good.ChowfoolDined on 11/26/2013Patrick's is always good. Went there for my birthday and had a great burger with real french fries and a marvelous Napoleon. This place is in a strip center in a generic suburb, so the good bristo food is counterintuitive. Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert SpectaculardinstonerDined on 11/23/2013The desserts at Patrick's are works of art. The food its all good, from the fresh baguettes, to the interesting burgers and specialties. But even if your not hungry, you can't pass by these desserts. Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't shy away because it's FrenchMarkoDined on 11/22/2013Many restaurants claim they are French cuisine simply because they use fresh ingredients or because they have mastered the technique of serving very small proportions, Patrick's serves full size portions and stays true to French style cuisine. This is as close to a French meal that you can find. We've dined here five times and have been extremely satisfied each time. They have somewhat limited seating so make a reservation for diner to assure you can get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerjronningVIPDined on 11/1/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dinner there on a Friday night. We each had a fish entrée and both were very taste. Loved the amuse bouche and the small chocolate hazelnut candy at the end of our meal. Service was good, everyone was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pumpkin Soup was incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013Pumpkin Soup was incredible. Complimentary bite sized appetizer and post dinner chocolate sweet were extra nice surprises. Ryan cake was delectable. Hannah was a terrific server - pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive. Whole experience was delightful - looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Great as evercutterDined on 10/12/2013Excellent menu. Bread is wonderful, desert is a difficult set of marvelous options. The French Onion soup is quite good. The Brisket salad is good but not outstanding. The lamb chops/rack of lamb was outstanding. The mussels are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Nightlindaj28Dined on 10/11/2013This was my first time at Patrick's and I had a wonderful time. The entire evening was very relaxing and laid back. The food was wonderful and our waitress was attentive but gave us our privacy. My friends and I were there for 4 hours enjoying the food, ambience and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unassuming andMLdinerDined on 9/28/2013Great food, unassuming and pleasant atmosphere-- don't let the parking lot fool you into thinking Patrick's will be ordinary - it's not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way more than you'd expect...Steveofoto1VIPDined on 9/6/2013...from a bakery. Outstanding French-based entrees, burgers, and sides. It's really more of a gourmet restaurant with the option to take out both dinners, sandwiches, and desserts/baked goods. My wife had the Sea Bass; I had the Beef Bourguignon. Sea Bass equal to preparations at the top restaurants in town and better than most. BB very good although a bit on the soupy side. Pleasant if somewhat bustling atmosphere. Great for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Surprise dining in a storefront.IzzyDined on 9/1/2013It is a nice surprise to have a place for dinner, $10.00 bottles of wine, good food and great desserts in a storefront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a glorified cafeteriaXyzfuckyouVIPDined on 7/24/2013This is a glorified cafeteria (granted, the food was good), not a restaurant with table service.
- A little gem in a strip mallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2013The Th - Sat dinners at Patrick's are consistently great...imaginative menu, casual atmosphere, hospitality galore. If this menu were served at a "hot" neighborhood location, the place would be overrun with customers!Special Features:
- Off night for the ServerTTFinDined on 6/29/2013My party was told by our server that she forgot to push a buzzer to signify an order was placed. This meant our food prep would be greatly delayed . It was delayed and when we came to pay our bill the charges were mixed so that all four of us were charged the wrong amount. The corrections were made which also took time. The good news was, we made it to the movie on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to this place quiteLostintranslationDined on 6/16/2013We go to this place quite frequently, and the performance has always been consistently very high. We love the favors, the baked stuff (macaroons are out of this world!), and the reasonable prices. This place comes strongly recommended to all categories of friends. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.