478 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1L7Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patriatoronto.com/
- Phone: 4163670505x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located on the second floor, our private dining room overlooks the main dining room and comfortably seats up to 18 guests. Please note that parties of 8 or more are required to choose one of our prix fixe menus, available to view on our website at www.patriatoronto.com
- Private Party Contact: Keegan Chambers 4163670505x
A word from Patria
Patria is a Spanish tapas restaurant slightly set back from the road on King West. With many of our ingredients and wine being imported directly from Spain, we offer an authentic Spanish dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Patria reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)special occasion (53)good for groups (48)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (30)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Spectacular TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Go with the tasting menu and let the chef feed you. Spectacular. ,Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Tapas style dishes. Service was excellent. Best dish is the pork flank steak. For larger appetites choose the cornish hen- very tender. Another nice touch is the cava by the glass (3 oz, 5 oz or bottle). Note tapas dishes Spanish style yet we never saw cornish hen on the menu in Spain. The menu is Canadianized so don't expect all authentic Catalon tapas- though they do have patatos bravos con huevos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014A superb brunch for four that fed us amply with different tastes, all beautifully done. We four had eaten at Cava two days before, and the two meals were easily among the best we'd eaten in years. The brunch crowd is quieter than the usual Patria one--and better. This is really a 4.5 star rating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedveronika38VIPDined on 9/4/2014The food is definitely good, but nothing is spectacular. It is definitely overhyped and overpriced. But if you can afford to casually spend 15$ on a small plate, Patria will suit you. The atmosphere is nice but some tables are definitely cramped. No complaints about the service.Special Features:
- Always great foods!!RenaDined on 9/3/2014I love Patria. Foods,service and atmosphere are great. I always have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...ReenaTorontoVIPDined on 8/30/2014I like Patria, and often bring my friends to the restaurant. However the last two visits I have had the same waiter, who is a little less than friendly - to the point that my guests have commented that they would not return, and not recommend the restaurant to others. It's unfortunate, because the other staff that I have interacted with have been great, and their food is excellent. I definitely will think twice before deciding to go to Patria again.Special Features:
- Great!torontodineryarDined on 8/23/2014Went for our anniversary... was very nice, scored an outside seat on the patio which was nicely sheltered and comfortable. Food amazing... have to try the dates and bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patria AdoradaOutstandingDined on 8/23/2014An excellent choice by my daughter LICA; for our first time to visit Toronto, this is a perfect dining place to try out tapas and Spanish cuisine which we don't find in Calgary, AB. So wide a selection of tapas to choose from, savor the delicious Croquetas De Pollo, Jamon Serranom and Pimientos Rellenos De Buey which are highly recommendable. We capped the evening with their signature Patria Paella coupled with Capon Al Ajillo Y Almendras. And the service, is superb beyond compare. Every server spends time to explain the dishes they were ushering in our table. For those who are visiting Toronto, as well as those who live here - this resto is worthwhile a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- not surepiningforpaellaDined on 8/16/2014I was looking forward to the paella, but the waiter implied that it was for 3 or 4 people. We opted for small plates, and the food was good but the portions were small. We saw the paella when we were leaving, and determined we would have had no difficulty finishing it. We also had trouble hearing the waiter as he talked very softly. We also felt the waiter was trying to be a bit intimidating. We came away hungry after following the waiters suggestionsSpecial Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Once again, they deliver consistent top quality food, service and ambience. Not the quietest restaurant around, but it's a hot-spot and the energy is part of the scene.Special Features:
- Patria-Great Food and Serviceluv2travelVIPDined on 8/13/2014Chose this place to catch up with a friend I had not seen in a while and was not disappointed. Devin our server, was extremely knowledgable and his description of recommendations for the evening left us salivating! Loved the bacon wrapped dates and flank stake. Cocktails were very reasonably priced. Sat on the patios and was surprised to find ample room! A hidden gem and one that I can't wait to return to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very good restaurant, new experience in food, endless wine list, but not much beers or cocktails. The service is outstanding, great serverSpecial Features:
- Loved it!PibiDined on 8/4/2014This was my first visit to Patria and I loved the ambience. The food was great, the service was excellent and overall experience was lovely. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Service was very good but you have to go in a group. Was not able to have any conversation with my wife and definitely not a place for a romantic evening out. Food was good but Paella had 3 shrimp and 2 pieces of Lobster which included the scale end of the tail with no meat in it. Not what I would consider quality or value for $60. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Great food with excellent serviceKikiDined on 7/25/2014Three times great and I plan to go many more! The food is great, the atmosphere is vibrant and the team of staff are wonderful. Everyone keeps an eye on your table to ensure your glass is never empty and staff take the time to explain the dishes - fantastic team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlene BattistoneluvtoeetDined on 7/22/2014This is my second visit to Patria. We were able to sit outside where it is quieter than inside. This worked out great as I was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen for a while. The food was still great and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 7/19/2014Great wine, food not so much. A lot of sweet ingredients, their famous grilled octopus wasn't that great. 5 pieces of octopus on top of sliced potatos - my 13 year old daughter can cook better dishes! Loved the wine but we paid over $100 a bottle! (and we had 2), anywhere you get a $100 bottle of wine you know is going to be good so I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Worthy of the long wait time to get Saturday night reservations... The food, the ambiance, the service... all impeccable. Every member of our party of seven enjoyed the experience and raved about the service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- LOVELYTinaVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you love the best iberico ham there is...go to Patria. We were amazed. Also their spirits are very well chosen. We had a meat paella, which tasted excellent. Different than the classic paella but very well done. The service was very professional and caring without disturbing our conversation. Indoor and outdoor seating is nice, good interior design. It is a true find in Toronto and a gem for sure.Special Features:
- Dinnerchiclet305Dined on 7/16/2014Excellent. Our server was amazing. It was a busy night, so instead of our paella taking 30min to make it took about 1hr and 30mins. Did not take off a star for that, because we had appetizers that were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teerriffic TapasBondgirlVIPDined on 7/14/2014Everything we tasted was excellent. The whitefish special was outstanding, the roasted peppers sublime. The octopus special was tasty but a little dry. Accommodating, friendly, professional service. Wine was fabulous - an excelllent older rioja not easily found elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014We visited the restaurant to get a light meal on a Sunday night. We had some tapas, shared a main course and a bottle of wine. The lobster paella was marked as "market price" and I should have asked how much that would be. It ended up being $80 which was a lot more than we expected, especially considering it had one lobster tail and three modest sized shrimps scattered around it. Add in an $80 wine for a "so so" bottle and the tapas and shared dessert, tax and tip and we spent $275 which is a lot more than we were expecting and hoping to pay for a meal. There was nothing special about it but it certainly wasn't bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No paellaJagzDined on 7/12/2014Had to wait 90mins for paella which was way too long to wait for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, impeccable serviceBobbleheadDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have eaten here twice and we haven't had a disappointing plate yet. The small plates are definitely small, and the wine is over-priced, but I'm sure we'll keep coming back as long as the quality of the food is maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food + serviceJohn238VIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were greeted nicely, food was wonderful, our server was terrific, nice room overall...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary Adventuremrc8rDined on 7/8/2014Patria is very true to a Spanish Tapas theme in the food, the beer and the wine, making this an authentic experience. My concern as I looked at a menu of intrigueing, but foreign dishes, was where to begin? Well that is where Patria's true colours were shown, the incredible & professional staff of passionate and engaging individuals tookbthe experience over the top! My evening was memorable for all the right reasons, an interesting journey of tastes, textures, bold flavors and tremendous wine. Thanks everyone for making it a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fernando's Hideaway on King WestviviVIPDined on 7/1/2014What a special find this is behind the ominous iron gate just west of Spadina on the north side. A wonderful eclectic secluded spot for romantics. Three of us loved the 4 tapas dishes and red sangria. The bill though was $110 plus tip and it was not a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood tapasDeliciousdishDined on 6/22/2014My husband is a pescatarian so we ordered meatless dishes and there were plenty to choose from. Our head server provided excellent advice regarding our selection. Notable menu items included the sea bream (whole fish that was filleted at the table) - it was moist, light and perfectly seasoned, the fried goat cheese was exceptional as was the artichoke salad, the octopus and the dulce de leche mousse dessert. Interesting location- tucked in behind another building and accessed via a beautiful wrought iron gate that leads to an attractive & cleverly designed space. Staff were attentive and knowledge but didn't hover. 2 glasses of wine, dinner & dessert - $180 with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddiner87Dined on 6/22/2014paella patria was delicious, highly reccomended! We wanted to try the churros but it was sold out. Its dessert menu was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BryanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Very good and authentic Spanish tapa style restaurant. Some portions are on the small side for the price, but others may go the other way and it all averges out. Very knowledgeable servers who all work togehter to make sure food is served as soon as its ready. Good selection of Spanish wines and servers seem eager to help with some of the lesser known Spanish wines. As a frequent traveler to many areas of Spain, this is a very good North American version of real Spansih tapas. Its quite loud, crowded and energetic, which again is authentic Spainish style. Go with a group to get the best enjoyment as tapas are meant to be shared with friends and family. Overall, good value and very good food. We will return on our next vist to Toronto.Special Features:
- Over priced small platesAlexVIPDined on 6/1/2014The portion of the small plates were small, however, the price tags were as high as an entree............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in Toronto in agesBobbleheadDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I ordered 6 "tapas" and all of them were delicious; it was certainly enough food. The service was friendly and very helpful. We ate outside where is was much quieter. Patria also has a excellent wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!roblessolVIPDined on 5/25/2014Sexy, romantic, food was awesome - had the octopus and fried goat cheese with honey appetizers and lobster paella, the homemade sangria was amazing, as was the attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Patria reviews archive.
- Food for foodiesSherryDined on 5/18/2014Everything we ordered was excellent especially the seafood paella-it was outstanding. The octopus appetizer was amazing too. The only criticism is the size of some of the appetizers is quite small for the price charged. A few strands of brocollini at $8 is way overpriced so some adjustments need to be made. Nice decor and very accommodating service.Special Features:
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014Great greeting ,service food and very cordial !! Loved the wood fired Fluke -Dessert was delish!! Oh and make sure you have the Sangria!Special Features:
- YumyummyDined on 5/14/2014YUMMMMMMMM. The goat cheese with orange blossom honey!!Special Features:
- Simply SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2014Dinning at Patria was quite an experience. To begin, our waiter was incredibly helpful, providing fantastic recommendations and describing the dishes in amazing detail (which only made choosing a little more difficult!). Between 3 people, we ordered 5 tapas and the meat paella to share. We had about 1/3rd of the paella left over by the end of the night. Tapas: 1. manchego cheese; 2. mixed charcuterie; 3. Bacon wrapped dates-different from other places, not as sweet with a hit of jalapeño; 4."special" patatas bravas (with duck confit!); 5.oxtail stuffed peppers, manchego. All amazing and all highly recommended. The meat paella was incredible with lamb short ribs that simply melted.Special Features:
- Tapas at their bestMarisa1972Dined on 5/4/2014We had a great moment at Pastria; everything was just perfect. The little plates reminded us of our trip to Spain. Nice decor, great staff, excellent food, good wine, honest prices. Definetely a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous dinnerjodinesDined on 5/4/2014We loved our dinner at Patria! We followed all of the recommendations of our waiter and were thoroughly delighted! The fried goat cheese was melt in your mouth, the potatoes with fried egg on top was unique and so good we ordered a second! The Dates stuffed with manchego and wrapped with bacon; to die for and off course the seafood paella was a delight. We already went back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014A wonderful Sunday brunch with good food and service in stunning decor. Impressed our friend mightily. Not inexpensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.