Patria Latin Bistro
169 West Main Street
Rahway, NJ 07065Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Patria Latin Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://patrianj.net/
- Phone: (732) 943-7531
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday 12pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Lenis G. Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Fabian Huerfano 9089561764x
- Entertainment: Live Bands, Flamenco Show, Latin
A word from Patria Latin Bistro
Patria Latin Bistro is located at 169 W. Main St. in Rahway, New Jersey, is open now following a shift in management. It is located across from the Arts Center and near a lot of new construction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Patria Latin Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful!Dinner42Dined on 11/16/2014I had dinner there this past Sunday. The dinner and service were superb. Food was very tasty and well prepared. The presentation was very nice as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night perfectluvgoodfood1Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had dinner here before a show. The food was only matched by the fantastic service. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!!!ScottyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Def loved this place. My 1st time here and the food was superb. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 206 reviews are from the Patria Latin Bistro reviews archive.
- Restaurant was closedKarlyherDined on 5/25/2014I made the reservation with open table, got the confirmation email and when we arrived to Patria to celebrate my mother's birthday, it was closed. It was Memorial Day at 5pm, most restaurants were open. I don't understand why would it let me book a reservation on day that they were closed. Nobody has reached to me regarding this matter.
- drjec20002drjec20002Dined on 5/4/2014Have eaten here several times. The menu is slightly different. Some items better and some not. But, overall great meal, great waitstaff, fun evening out.Special Features:
- Fun place!Foodie23VIPDined on 4/19/2014We came here for my husband's bday. Very energetic. Lots of rooms. Dancing. Great food. Do check it out!Special Features:
- NiceAwesome52Dined on 4/19/2014Very nice place but the service was extremely slow and my food was not hot. The drinks were ok. I've had dinner here before and had the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its okayOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/16/2014This restaurant would be great foe speciak occasions and locals to sit by the bar not necessarily for a dinner date food is okSpecial Features:
- Great for a date night!SpelmannjDined on 3/22/2014I would recommend the seafood paella and calamari. I had a watermelon mojito that was delicious. Our server, Frank, was fast and courteous. He knew the menu and gave great recommendations when asked. The parking is a bit cramped but they have a parking attendant that's very helpful. I wasn't too happy about the table we were given. It wobbled and the area felt more like their lounge area instead of dining. It did give us some privacy. Overall a great experience with minor hiccups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was poorChristianDined on 2/15/2014The food was VERY bland, nothing like typical "Latin" food. I requested my meat and vegetables be separate from my sauce. Unfortunately, my food was floating in "sauce". I waited on my waiter which took approx 35 min after waiting for LITERALLY over an hour for our food. It took another 30 min to be corrected, at this time my other guests were done eating. To make matters worse the manager greeted us and offered shots on the house as we had a concern and he found out it was one of the guests Birthday. I guess the mgr forgot because the shots NEVER came!!! Who does that to customers?! Not great food and even WORSE customer service! Left a lot to be desired!!!
- Descent dining experienceleleDined on 2/8/2014Food was good. A little over priced for the quality. Maybe it was just my dish - skirt steak. I've been here before for a tapas dinner and that was better. Next time I'll try the fish entree. Sangria was very good. Red sangria this time. Last time I had the white sangria. Red sangria is better. Lovely decor. Perfect for a date night out and dancing after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jewel in my small townlyon77Dined on 2/8/2014This place was more then I had expected being that it is in my small town and there are not too many places to go...this was an Amazing find and I will be back to enjoy another night. I will tell anyone that this place is Definitely a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentin partyValentinDined on 1/18/2014Great food &Service was amazing from the manager to the bust boys. We also stayed after diner for drinks and music and it was a blast! The two different music rooms had something for everyone so, thank you!I had a 30 person party on Saturday night and every one had a Great time! I had a custom made cake arrive at this location, hours early and they properly stored it for me with no problems. To be honest, I was worried about a local spot losing its reputation after its been open a while but I am glad to report that I am a satisfied customer and my sister and her friends frequent here often and now I see why. Thank you Patria!Special Features:
- FabulousEmilyDined on 12/28/2013I hosted a dinner party on Saturday, 12/28/13 and to say the least the food was fabulous!! I honestly was not expecting it to be as good as it was! The meat was soooo tender and very well seasoned and didn't take long to come out the kitchen! The waiter could have been a bit more attentive as he was quick to brush us off after half the table placed their drink orders. Not sure if he was just trying to get thing sout quickly but overall I would defintely come back!! Its worth the $$$ and the DJ afterwards in the lounge mixed a variety of music. Down side is the shots are water downed and sooo small!!!Special Features:
- Awesome Place!Tessa091106Dined on 12/21/2013I had my first date with my current bf here and decided to come back for my graduation dinner. The service was great, everyone was friendly, and the food was great! I could not have chosen a better place for such a major celebration. Thanks everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SpudSIDined on 12/12/2013The food was delicious! Desserts are to die for! and the staff is friendly and fun! Had such a pleasant and fun time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Two of the Rib eye Steaks were over cooked they were ordered medium rare and were served well dune . Other wise everything was very good I would go back againSpecial Features:
- Great food!KsGrpDined on 11/8/2013The service was spotty at times but the food was delicious! I would definitely go back again. The small plates are perfect for sharing and could be meals in themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas dinnerleleDined on 10/26/2013Had a tapas dinner with white wine sangria. Tapas was okay. More variety would be great. The ceviche was delicious. The white wine sangria was very soft (light). I do want to try the entrees next time around. Great bar scene and dance floors.Special Features:
- ServiceHillaineDined on 9/26/2013Kitchen very slow dishes came out one at a time with 6 diners it was awfulSpecial Features:
- Excellent, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2013We returned to Patria for a quiet dinner on a Friday evening and were not disappointed. My steak (with onions, potatoes and roasted beet) was perfect, but my wife's Pintado (a fish dish with rice, plantains and salsa creole) was better! Portions are great and the service is just right. One of the wait staff even entertained us with some fine vocals + guitar! We will return .. a local find, and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Patria restaurant wasJamesDined on 7/25/2013The Patria restaurant was awesome. food delicious!! Servicce outstanding but a little bit exprensive for the location and the food you get!! every side is separated!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingvidaliaVIPDined on 7/20/2013Saturday night at 7:30 to 9 pm and the restaurant was filled with little kids running up and down the middle of the restaurant. The noise level was extremely energetic. The food was good, the waiter mumbled a lot but was accommodating. I ordered a Pisco Sour (they had Pisco drinks listed on the menu) but was told they could not make it. Very disappointing. The Sangria was very watery and lacked any depth. Our appetizers were delicious - the guacamole and chorizo dishes. Although not on the menu, a salad was made for one of our party. The main dishes were enjoyed - skirt steak was fantastic, the paella was good, and the pork chop was also delicious. Due to the crazy scene of children everywhere, we did not stay for dessert.
- Invited family and guest fromBjzbestDined on 7/18/2013Invited family and guest from out of town to dine at Patria. Location good, food and service very good. Very courteous staff. Plenty of space for private parties and dancing.Special Features:
- Perfect NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013Food was great, drinks were on point and reasonably priced, wait staff was attentive and cared for our every need....this night out was to celebrate my girlfriwnds birthday which the staff sang her the longest birthday song while playing guitar. ... add on to all that once dinner ended our room turned into a club/lounge which was the perfect way to cap an amazing experience with some dancing.... dj played a mix of bichata, slasa, hiphop, and house music.... had an absolute blast definitely will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners(052513)MHE1Dined on 5/25/2013Appetizers, entrees, drinks/sangria were all VERY good! I would recommend adding some type of cake to the dessert menu; coffee was good (strong and hot). Great waiting staff, very helpful with meal suggestions/details and were friendly and efficient. Our experience with the parking was very peculiar. The parking attendant was extremely rude and very gruff. He informed us that the lot was not available for another 30 minutes after the restaurant had opened for business on a Saturday evening...how weird is that?! In addition, he had no uniform or shirt w/decal that would leave one with the impression that he was even associated with the restaurant. Hmmm...would we leave our cars with this guy, I THINK NOT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..good have been better..........romansDined on 5/11/2013temp was very cold....made food cold quicker; nite club looked boring,no energy; at lounge drinks were pretty bad; DJ was GREAT;Special Features:
- happy customerCLA123Dined on 5/4/2013HAD AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE AT PATRIAS. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT FROM THE MINUTE I ENTERED THE DOOR.FOOD WAS GREAT AND THE ATMOSPHERE WAS NICE. THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall we were disappointed.IcherryDined on 4/13/2013Overall we were disappointed.I had been reading about Patria for sometime now and was looking forward to our evening.While in Florida I even came across an article touting the hottest chefs and chef DiCataldo was mentioned.this whet my appetite even further. Imagine our surprise when the first thing that greets you is the valet parking for the restaurant that actually charges you $10.00 to park your car!!$10.00 for what?The privilege of eating in their restaurant?? And it wasn't even courteous where they come to your door to let you out...they stood in the back of the lot and make you walk to the restaurant door!The food was lukewarm,small portions with the shrimp in my dish miniscule.Although tasty,it wasn't worth the hype.The mixologist?
- Had a dinner of tappas whichDinerPruVIPDined on 3/28/2013Had a dinner of tappas which were very good and 4 selections were more than enough for dinner. The chips and salsa served while we waited were delicious. The plantain chips with the guacamole were a nice change.Special Features:
- The table we had was wobbly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The table we had was wobbly, so they quickly moved us to another. Drinks took 15 minutes to come out. Dinner was good. They sent us a round of drinks for everything. Service was very attentive. I enjoyed my dinner, as did my date.Special Features:
- foodie's delightfussyVIPDined on 3/23/2013This was another wonderful meal at Patria. The ceviche completo and the steak tacos were fabulous. The paella was very good with each seafood item added sepately so as to not overcook anything.The rice was more like a risotto but very good. We also enjoyed the cheesecake dessert. The servers were very pleasant and the service was well paced. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good food. Good service. WefoodmavenDined on 3/10/2013Good food. Good service. We went on a Sun evening-fyi.Special Features:
- Thought the place and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Thought the place and food was great, but a little there was a cold breeze where we sat.Special Features:
- Great findFredKDined on 3/7/2013We were very impressed by the whole dining experience. Great service, ambiance and cuisine. A new local favorite for us.Special Features:
- I'd been to Patria for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013I'd been to Patria for the club scene, but this was my first time Having dinner and the food was amazing. From the appetizer to dessert to the drinks, everything was Flavorful and filling.Special Features:
- Atmosphere & service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Atmosphere & service was excellent. Appetizers were very good. Two out out of four of our dinners were disapponting. Steak & short ribs mostly fat & not seasoned enough(especially the steak. Paella was good. Dessert fondue was very small. Not enough fruit for the price. Cheesecake was good. Overall we enjoyed our night out for one of our birthdays. Wonderful birthday performance by staff. Menu selection not enough. We may try you again.Special Features:
- The food quality was exquisite.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The food quality was exquisite. You could actually taste the freshness of the ingredients. The portions were ideal. I would definitely recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- Worse service!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Although food was good, service was horrible food service took nearly 2 hours just to be served hostess was extremely disrespectful and rude. I felt that the clients are treated with the "I don't care attitude" overall awful experience but food I have to say was very good.Special Features:
- Worth a second tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My experience at Patria was mixed: hostess harried, service slow, and we were asked to move after seating. A complementary appetizer of chips and salsa helped smooth those ruffles. Our entrees were mixed: Lomo Saltado=excellent; Paella flavorful/seafood plentiful; Seco (short rib)underseasoned & sauced; Cornish hen special disappointing. It was a birthday celebration so the dessert came with a sparkler and the waiter sang and played guitar--very nice. This place has clearly become a party spot which takes away from the dining experience a bit. It was Friday night so I'll give it a pass on that one. Reservations are a must! The menu was interesting and the prices right so we'll give it another try.Special Features: