141 South Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://patinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2139723331x
- Hours of Operation:
June 9 - September 29
Tuesday - Saturday: 5-9:30PM
Closed Sunday and Monday
NOTE Fully closed:
August 17 - September 10
September 30, 2014 - March 31, 2015
Tuesday - Saturday: 5-9:30PM
We also offer post-theater dining on LA Philharmonic performance nights. Our last seating occurs 30 minutes after the performance ends.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Charles Olalia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Chef Joachim Splichal’s Patina is an impeccable choice for private events in Downtown Los Angeles. Awarded four stars by the Los Angeles Times, Patina captures the elegance and sophistication of its location. The Chef’s Table (seats 9) is a remarkable location for any intimate dining occasion and allows a personal view of the action. The Private Dining Room (seats 30) with its walnut paneling, modular glass wall, and audio-visual equipment make it an impressive choice for a lunch or dinner presentation. Tucked under the shining stainless steel exterior of Walt Disney Concert Hall and shielded from the street by a green wall of bamboo, the Patio (seats 55) is a year-round destination for lunches or pre-concert cocktails. Plush seating, carved walnut paneling and a luminous curved ceiling provide a contemporary backdrop for events in the Main Dining Room (seats 150). Please contact for more information.
- Cross Street: 2nd St.
- Public Transit: Take the Metro red line; exit at Hill Street. Walk one block west. Patina is located in the southwest corner of the renowned Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available in front of the restaurant for $8 with validation.
A word from Patina
Located in Downtown L.A.'s landmark Walt Disney Concert Hall, Patina defines luxury dining in Los Angeles. A Michelin-starred, Relais & Chateaux restaurant, Patina is renowned as one of L.A.'s finest and most elegant dining destinations for its ideal balance of superior service, creative cuisine, outstanding atmosphere and comfort. From the seasonal tasting menus and daily chef's menu to the decadent cheese carts and award-winning wine list, Chef Joachim Splichal and his culinary team continue to create exceptional dining experiences. Patina also features an impressive bar for guests to enjoy a late-night cocktail and a stylish patio for al fresco dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Patina - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Patina reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (53)romantic (52)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- reviewVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was great the night we went. The food was mostly very delicious, a couple of items were good but not great but overall the dinner was delicious. Our server Perry was very attentive and gave us his opinion on items we ordered and explained the dishes as they came out to us. The staff in general was very wonderful and attentive, very on top of things. It was a nice evening and I am glad we did pick Patina to eat dinner at.Special Features:
- ExperienceSunshineDined on 8/16/2014As a person who goes out a lot to different places, I must say Patina gave us a wonderful experience in regards to their service. They were attentive without being overbearing, and everyone was personable, they each showed their personality which to me is extremely important when you are being attended to. I do not go for the stoic type, because I have a personality and like to engage others regardless of what their position is, into a conversation. So Patina keep up the good work, and keep allowing your people lights shine through, cause you never know who is coming through the door and needs that extra sunshine.Special Features:
- The best of Downtown LADiggieVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always Patina has ecxeeded our expectations in fine dining and great food. We had the opportunity to come back for their extended Dine LA MENU. Even we've done it twice, the food was prepared into perfection. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved PatinasmoochesVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was superb, as was service. Manager was so kind and made me feel welcome. Sea bass was my favorite course, followed by pork belly (although was a bit too salty--even for pork belly). I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA week promotion dinnerVnpIrvDined on 8/14/2014Great value. Would have rated it 5 stars if the meat dish was not so salty.Special Features:
- Everything You'd ExpectBryanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for Dine LA week to celebrate my spouse's birthday and had the five course tasting menu with wine pairing. The service was impeccable. Everyone made us feel special, without being intrusive. The food was full of flavor and was everything I would expect from a restaurant of this type and reputation. Perfectly cooked fish and chicken. Interesting and perfectly paired wines from Portugal, France, and Oregon. Beautiful and delicious desserts (chocolate "candy bar" with lemon sorbet, and their version of strawberries and cream). However, at $17.50 for a premium martini and upwards of $50 per entree on the a la carte menu, I'd hold out for an important business dinner, a very special occasion, or the Dine LA deal if you can get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Fine DiningGhost47Dined on 8/13/2014I didn't think I could use that term for Patina. They've certainly changed. I had a great food & service last time I went but it was definitely formal and special occasion only. This time, it felt casual & friendly without sacrificing food quality or service. Our group had the 5-course $45 Dine LA menu and the waiters didn't make us feel bad for doing it. All of it was good but the seabass dish was outstanding. Food was pretty & delicious. As it was my friend's birthday, they sent her home with chocolates & kind words (from the manager?) that would have sounded sychophantic at any other restaurant but came out very genuine here. I will eagerly come back for a NOT special occasion to try their other menus.Special Features:
- Patina still has itoldwarriorDined on 8/13/2014I've been coming here for many years and to be honest, their chefs have come and gone BUT the quality and inventiveness of their food has never varied. They continue to provide a top notch and first class experience.Special Features:
- Delicious and Great ServiceAliciaDined on 8/8/2014We had a lovely evening celebrating our daughters birthday with great service from Perry and delicious and finely prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodFoodluvrDined on 8/7/2014Great tasting menu with incredible contrast and phenomenal care and skill. Great seafood course (sea bass) and meat course (pork belly). Desserts were, as usual, wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The interior design of this place wows me. It's sleek, modern, yet warm and not in the least boring. The service is top-notch, and the food (especially its presentation) is excellent. I will be coming back again (and again and again).Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceSammyCVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've never been to a place where the general manager is so highly involved in the customer experience. It really set the tone for how serious they value service and customer happiness. He was first to greet me and last to say good bye. And through out made his presence known. The server was a well dressed man, but it felt like the whole staff was on call just for me. I loved it. They had a water ninja... who subtly would fill your glass and you'd never know it. The food was die hard foodie stuff... so many flavors. A great place to dine. really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dineLA valueprimojadeVIPDined on 7/31/2014Decided to try Patina during dineLA. Their dineLA menu was 5 courses while regular menu was 6 with a much higher price tag. Enjoyed the dining experience. Great service. The only things that seemed lacking were 1) it took a while to get menus and 2) wine service was a little slower than we liked. With a $30 corkage fee we expected that the wine glasses would not fall below a certain level unless we ran low; however, our bottle was not low and it took a while for the glasses to be refilled. Other than that, everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and cheese carticymadonnaDined on 7/30/2014You can see everything was well made that the restaurant put a lot effort into. Especially notable were the salmon skin appetizer, the pork belly main course, and the candy bar dessert. And oh my god the cheese cart! It smelled so great when it was pushed out. The goat cheese was marvelous with the hazelnuts. The ambiance was great too that I felt comfortable and welcome. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Class Act!PinotZinVIPDined on 7/29/2014Patina is one class act joint! I booked a reservation for a Tuesday for DineLA since my friend told me he went and it was no corkage. When we got there, I was told the policy changed. I informed the waiter that I called the prior week and was told it was still no corkage. He said he would check and and came back to inform us corkage is waived. No fuss! Awesome!Special Features:
- Perfection!yhyhsDined on 7/26/2014I booked Patina for DineLA based off the great reviews here on OpenTable. It seemed like it would be a great bargain to trying out their food. First off, service IS as great as they all claim! So personable, friendly, courteous! We enjoyed the service from beginning to end, when the manager Kevin gave us a small box of chocolates for our birthday. The dining experience itself was amaaazing. We loved everything and we were completely satisfied/stuffed by the time our main (4th) course came out! We definitely plan on returning, and are glad we found a wonderful restaurant to consider for future special occasions. Thank you, Patina, for an absolutely perfect evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pvdocDined on 7/26/2014If you are prepared to pay for it the food and service here was excellent. Not stuffy with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth goingDavitDined on 7/25/2014Went there on Friday night without reservation. After pretending that they are fully booked and making us wait for about 20 minutes, we got a table in half-empty restaurant. Cheap tables and chairs, cheap tablecloth. Every 5 minutes someone would come and ask how we are doing, but waiter was never there when needed. Food was nicely decorated, but blunt. My portion of the bill came to 95 dollars. Not worth it.
- dineLA dinner on 7/25OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014I had dinner at this restaurant for dineLA on 7/25. It was my second time at the restaurant but first time with dineLA menu. Obviously the service is impeccable. The servers pull chairs for you, give you options of white cloth or black cloth, bring wine in fancy decanters, etc. You do feel you are in good hands and cared. However, the food is not 100% perfect. This is the type of food where the chef is so confident that he/she tries different things and gets innovative. That also increases the risk of ending up not liking it. The dinner usually takes 2~3 hours. You have refreshing food with good wine in a good ambiance. I would definitely come back but only for a special occasions.Special Features:
- Fancy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014Tried out their DineLA menu here - a 5 course menu for $45 - it was actually a 6 course menu cause they added a muse starter dish which was a tasty corn soup. The whole experience took about 2-3 hours and they do ask you in the beginning if you were in a rush to make it to a concert or do you have time to relax. We didn't have any event after so we took our time. The food was amazing - each bite was sensational and each bite had unique flavors. They had this cheese cart that I couldn't resist so for an additional $25 I tried four different cheeses. The service was excellent and we were even greeted by the manager right before we left. I would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- ArtfreakVIPDined on 7/23/2014Completely outstanding experience. Host, wait staff, sommelier were all friendly and knowledgeable. The food was great. Cheese cart offered a wide variety of unusual and tasty cheeses.Special Features:
- Best ServicebakaDined on 7/22/2014I eat out alot and I can honestly say that Patina has the best service I had ever experienced. Given that Patina participated in dineLA with the extra flow of "people" walking in, their service did not falter. On top of that, the food was very good and modern. I also recommend for all the folks on dates to take a quick walk up the stairs to the top of the Disney halls and experience the downtown night lights.Special Features:
- One of LA's bestfoodlover63Dined on 7/22/2014We did the dineLA option - five course tasting menu and added the wine pairing. The food was outstanding. We enjoyed every single dish and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLaurentDined on 7/19/2014We were there during Dine LA week. The tasting menu was excellent and very good value. The service was excellent. This was for my friend's birthday dinner and the restaurant gave us little surprises. The chocolate was so good. Thank you.Special Features:
- The Service is above and beyondElegantVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had four people for Dine LA, an event that causes staff as much work as it does for a third of the menu price. No matter to this wait staff. We were treated like big rollers. Kevin runs a tight dinning room. And the food itself was as beautiful as tasty. Before I left I bought a $100 gift certificate. Will collect them for a future non-Dine LA trip. A delightful evening.Special Features:
- BrudflyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food was exquisite and the service impeccable. A memorable evening, but eat slowly and bring your A-game conversation skills as the time between courses is lengthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA menuChesterDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner with friends before attending a show at the Mark Taper. The Dine LA menu looked like an incredible deal - and it was. 5 courses for $45, and while portion were smalls, they were more than enough for dinner. In addition, they served a lovely amuse bouche and extra sweets after dessert. We all opted for the wine pairing - $25 for a glass of white, a red and a dessert wine. Great value for a place that is normally not in our pre-theater budge. The service was almost too accommodating. They were worried we'd be late for the theatre - 5 minute away - so the paced was a bit more rushed than it needed to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHEESEkwaffleDined on 7/17/2014go for the cheese dessert... so many to choose from!Special Features:
- Top French RestaurantPancakePeanutDined on 7/17/2014I have been eyeing this restaurant for quite some time. I finally decided to come here for DineLA, as their menu offered 5 coarse (which was well worth it). The service was on point at all times from the host to the wait staff. They were all knowledgeable and friendly. The food looked beautiful and tasted fantastic. I especially loved the sea bass with the pesto! usually I hate cooked fish, but the pesto really helped take the fish to another level. I can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:
- Iron Chef foodieslickinggoodDined on 7/17/2014Excellent French restaurant across the street from the music center in downtown LA with incredible service. Their theme is taste the outstanding creative food there and have an enjoyable dinner. Due to it being dine in LA week, we had the 5 course price-fix menu for $45 which normally cost $120. We were given complimentary corn soup which was creamy and full of flavor as well as small dessert biscuits and tarts at the end of our meal in addition to our regular dessert. The best appetizer was the Big Eye Tuna. The best entrees were the Shrimp Caledonian and the Jidori Chicken. The devil's food tart was to die for. Recommended items include the glazed vegetables, the marinated Hamachi and the poached lobster off the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DineLA deal 2014foodfanDined on 7/16/2014DineLA 5 course tasting menu plus special cocktail menu and wine pairingSpecial Features:
- I hope I don't get arrested!SteinyDined on 7/15/2014I brought my daughters and wife for dinner during Dine LA. Patina put together a 5 course menu that was truly indicative of the restaurant. If you are lucky enough to dine here, be prepared for a several hour experience. Nothing is rushed here. Each item on the menu is truly unique and they will accommodate your specific diet needs just about anyway that you want. I could specifically mention dishes from the menu, but I can't say that you would be disappointed with any of them, it all depends on your taste.The service is top notch! My only concern was that because of Dine LA, our check was far below what I would have normally paid. Our total experience was so fabulous that I felt I walked out only paying half of what Patina deserved.Special Features:
- Cheese Lovers!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The cheese cart was a GREAT experience! The service was AMAZING!!! The staff was very attentive. Location was great! Great valet service! Overall a good experience. Oh and dessert... YUM!!!!!!!!! If I ever go back, I will be ordering a bottle of Pinot Noir, the cheese cart and then dessert! And that's it! Dinner was overrated. The food was good. Not amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place To Dinease1707VIPDined on 7/10/2014Patina is a quality restaurant that has no problem competing with the finest restaurants in New York City, which is where my wife and I reside. We chose Patina for our one night in Los Angeles and it was a great choice. The menu is diverse with many creative dishes. The food and the experience was excellent and it made for a wonderful evening. I am really glad that we chose to dine at Patina, a place where an excellent meal in a romantic and beautiful room may be enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patina food & serviceEddieDined on 7/5/2014Each dish was introduced for its component parts. Beef Tenderloin-although we asked for medium it was unevenly cooked; the beef sliced in half, one side was pink, the other closer to well-done. The short rib was fork-tender and incredibly savory. The bread steward was holding what looked like a pizza box containing olive loaf & multi-grain. 2nd time he only refreshed my plate & without asking my friend walked away. Our waiter called him back to refresh her bread plate also. The 3rd time they ran out of olive loaf & substituted slices of a French Baguette. Overall, I was satisfied with the service and our main courses. We split the desert, even as small as it was, it was just enough to top off the night with a cup of cappuccino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KIMODined on 6/28/2014GRATE WHEN YOUR GOING TO DISNEY. WE HAD THE TASTING MENU AND ENJOYED MUCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Tried Patina!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Finally tried the flagship restaurant and was pleased. However, if I am totally honest, I'm not sure I would return. Food was good, service was great. However, when you pay over $300 for two people, I tend to have high expectations. The quantity and quality of the food did not live up the the high prices. Someone else mentioned the one scoop of potatoes, and I have to agree, it's true. I would suspect this is why the room was only half full. I see why Patina's was one of the original fine dining establishments, but it needs to find it's groove to get me back. I hope they do. Nice folks.
- JorgeZVIPDined on 6/21/2014Service was friendly and unobtrusive, food was well prepared and presented. We allowed two hours before theater and food was paced just right, not rushed nor too slow. Definitely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestLaurentDined on 6/20/2014This is truly an iconic restaurant in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Not the same as the Old PatinasweetsasweetsDined on 6/13/2014The last time I was here was in 1998 or so...at the old location. Was a bit disappointed - the menu was not as creative as it was all those years ago and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant on a Friday night. The food was pretty good, but for the price we paid, I would have rather gone to Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.