Patina Restaurant and Bar
3416 Lauderdale Drive
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Patina Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinarva.com/
- Phone: 8043608500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Ledesma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting an intimate rehearsal dinner or large-scale brunch reception, Patina’s expert planners can create a memorable experience. Allow Chef Ledesma to design a custom menu and Connor, our mixologists, to craft signature cocktails that showcase our impeccable artistry.
- Private Party Contact: Greer Bernstein 8043608500
A word from Patina Restaurant and Bar
Patina is Short Pump’s go-to spot for an independent culinary establishment. Our menu, created by Executive Chef Mike Ledesma is truly a unique "farm to fork" experience. A menu that is hearty, flavorful and beautiful cuisine that focuses on Virginia's farms, offering local fresh produce and farm raised meats. We are passionately committed to offering the freshest, safest ingredients, presenting a seasonal menu, that is locally focused and globally artistic. Everything is made from scratch. NOTHING PROCESSED NOTHING PACKAGED NOTHING FROZEN (except ice cream)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Patina Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Patina Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (25)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Not sure what the locals likeWeeeDined on 10/11/2014The food was mediocre, the drinks were good and so was the service. Prices were way too much for what we got. Atmosphere was pretty depressing. Have to say that the cheese plate and the oyster stew were very, very good, but other than that, nothing to write home about.
- New contender for best in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014When the chef sends a free amuse-bouche to the table, you know the chef is proud of his cooking. The restaurant is tucked away in a neighborhood strip shopping center where it's been for years, but it is now under recently new ownership and chef. The menu is seasonal and inventive. As a personal note: I've dined here several times in the last few weeks and the food has been superb! Chef Mike Ledesma tries to come around to each table to make sure he's pleasing his diners. As of now, Patina can easily take its place among the top restaurants in Richmond. It's worth seeking out.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!JPTIIIDined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit since Chef Mike came to Patina. From start to finish everything was delicious and service was great. We will definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterVgabVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food is not predictable. Apetizer was poor (mussels with a lot of grit and very bland), main dish was good but Ahituna I can do at home equally well. The best was okra. The service was not very good.
- our anniversaryshagyDined on 9/19/2014our first visit here, on recommendation of friends. Amazing food, including our first squash blossom, gazpacho with crab, and we shared an excellent rack of lamb. Attentive server, quiet genteel atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Worth a try if you have not been in a while. The new chef is wonderful.Special Features:
- Won't wait so long to returnparfuDined on 9/13/2014Finally had dinner at Patina. Been living here for 11 years but never made the effort. Heard about the revamp a year or so ago and finally pulled the trigger. We won't wait so long to return! The food was excellent. Service was very well done. The chef even sent over a couple of off-menu appetizers, including a vegetarian one for our guest. Everything from appetizers to main meal to dessert were delicous. Treat your taste buds and get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining for adultsmomthatlikesgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014A friend and I went to dinner at Patina - (two moms out for a night without kids) - and we had a very nice dinner at Patina. This is a great place for adults, but not appropriate for kids. It's a quiet environment with no regular kid selections. That said, for grown ups it is a great change of pace from all the West End usuals. The foie gras appetizer was particularly amazing. The food was great. The pairings were unexpected but worked very well together. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Will definately go back!WillyDined on 9/10/2014Our second visit was just as good as the first! Service was excellent, food selection and portions were nice. Presentation was very good without being too cute. Most important, food was delicious. Chef came by to introduce himself and be sure we were happy. We assured him we were and that we would return. The scallops seem to be his specialty - and they were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talented chef lifts PatinaFunfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Patina has a wonderful new chef. Mike does everything well. The food is is not only terrific, it is also presented beautifully. He takes great care in the preparation of the food. We've been there twice in the last 2 weeks and have had great meals both times. I hope word gets out that Patina has a new chef that is terrific and will check it out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Surprised!eandrVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! The chef personally introduced himself and served us a complimentary tasting of the delicious dessert that is a specialty of his. Our bartender was up for the challenge and created a special after drink martini! Try the biscotti martini if you go! We will definitely revisit.Special Features:
- Farm to table delicious ideaKaMaDined on 8/30/2014From the amazing ham and peach slice on a biscuit that was the "trial" taster offered by the chef before the meal began to the fork-licking desserts, the food here was absolutely wonderful! The chef came to the table to visit and our server was most attentive without being overbearing. We opted for two different fish dishes and saw several other items on the menu that looked intriguing. Delicious food paired with great drinks -one couldn't ask for a better experience. Definitely coming back and bringing family and friends!Special Features:
- FantastickwrwDined on 8/28/2014Amazing food, great service. Would not hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealelinricDined on 8/22/2014I've been to Patina 3 times this summer, and have had great meals each time. The food is very fresh, with interesting and delicious combinations. I look forward to going back again soon!Special Features:
- Dinner hosting visitordiningprofDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner party at Patina for a visiting professor from Japan . The service , food , and environment were excellent. Our guest really enjoyed the experience, as did all in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!vafoodie66Dined on 8/12/2014Outstanding dining experience. Chef Mike is a culinary genius and we will be back! Squash Blossom and Pork Belly apps, Mixed Grill, Rockfish and Scallop entrees, Hawaiian doughnuts with gelato and Jalapeno Crème Brule with gelato for dessert. You can taste the freshness of farm to table and it's worth every penny!Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Food was good but not exceptional. The new ownership should consider an interior facelift.
- Great ExperienceGoGoGadgetDined on 7/31/2014I had dinner at Patina with three of my girlfriends on a Thursday night. The service was great and the food and drinks were amazing. Both the owner and the executive chef came over to talk with us during the meal. The chef sent out a complimentary off-menu appetizer that was fantastic. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. We will definitely eat there again. I would have marked the noise level as "quiet," but our table definitely kicked the sound up a notch after a few glasses of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu Worth a VisitamateurfoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014We frequent Patina often and always enjoy our meals. The food is consistently good; and with the addition of Chef Mike, we were excited (and hopeful) the menu would change a bit. We were so pleased when we visited on Wednesday for dinner to see an entirely revamped menu. It was difficult to make a menu selection but the specials which, as our server reminded us, "won't be around for long" were fabulous. I had the gazpacho and the tempura squash blossoms. The gazpacho was tomato-based, topped with crabmeat and so thick I could eat it with a fork. The squash blossoms, stuffed with pimento cheese, melted in my mouth. My husband had the wild mushroom salad and the salmon and he claims it was "out of this world". Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvlocalDined on 7/22/2014I wanted a farm to table meal for my birthday celebration and I could not have been more pleased. The staff were fantastic and knowledgeable about each menu item. We loved everything we ordered. This is our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRichmondLadyDined on 7/12/2014The Patina Grill never fails to meet our expectations. If you want delicious food that is both impeccably prepared and beautifully presented....this is the place! On a personal note, I'm thrilled that the hush puppy fried oysters are back!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere exceptional foodBluffDined on 7/12/2014We have been here many times and it has never disappointed. The food is exceptional. The bar area is really attractive. It is by far my favorite restaurant in Richmond. The service was excellent and the wine and drink list is very good as well. Menu choices are varied and not what you would find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemCindyVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've had Patina on our list for sometime and are now we're glade we did. Great food, great service, and a great neighborhood gem. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good intentions- not deliveredtimberVIPDined on 7/11/2014The menu looks promising and we were really excited to try Patina Grill. The pork belly app was ok, not outstanding- pork belly was chewy but the egg and hollandaise sauce were both on point. The fries underneath were horrible- tasted like freezer burn. We ordered filet and roasted chicken- both of which were unappetizing. The filet was overcooked, served over chewy and under-seasoned greens. The chicken had a chewy skin and was surprisingly bland. The sauce that the chicken was served in was disgusting and off putting. The greens and mushrooms were as unappetizing as the sauce. Our server was fantastic, handled our displeasure well and checked in with us at appropriate times.Special Features:
- undiscovered gemBuffnblueVIPDined on 7/2/2014Patina is in the West End not too far away from Broad Street but very few people have found it. They have a well trained chef for the fine and elegant hand, but they comfortable and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Patina Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Great find!Businesstraveler2014VIPDined on 6/6/2014I love everything about this place! Our server Bill was terrific, and everything we ate, from the oyster appetizer, salad with goat cheese, and trout with spinach and crab.. excellent! The Owner was also very helpful and accommodating with wine recommendations. We were back 2 nights later, and will visit often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Service was great and food was outstanding. It was our first visit but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and presentationJuanikDined on 5/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Patina. The food and service were wonderful and we happened to be there late enough in the evening that we had a server largely to ourselves. Amazingly unique and delicious salads, and some excellent seafood. I also loved my pork chops with brussels.Special Features:
- There is a new chef in townBuffnblueVIPDined on 5/28/2014Chef Mike is both creative and solid. The food is amazing yet accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet diningelinricDined on 5/11/2014We went for the Mother's Day brunch, and they had both a fixed price 3-course menu ($35) and their regular a la carte dinner menu. Unfortunately you couldn't get any of the items from the 3-course menu individually. The food was very good and they even had kid options.Special Features:
- LocalLocal001Dined on 5/9/2014Being close by, always interested in a good quality restaurant with an interesting menu. Patina is easy to get to, traffic not a problem and the decor is pleasant. Best was the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...a bit high pricedLuv2EatDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food...well done and menu had good variety. Bar menu had several unique types of cocktails, but pretty high priced...upwards of $12+ for some....wine menu was good. I had Red Fish and it was excellent.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingamateurdinerDined on 5/2/2014For the price I paid, our meal was disappointing. Servers were attentive and knowledgeable. Atmosphere nice. Appetizers: the cheese plate was intriguing and tasty. Entrees: ribeye was excellent and huge. My cheese-and-spinach-stuffed trout was very ordinary. Looking at the online menu, I had been won over by the panna cotta on the dessert list, only to find out that, though it remains on the menu, it is no longer offered. My substitute crepe dessert was dry and ho-hum. Same with my wife's chocolate cake. Considering that we paid over $100, I think we could've expected more. In retrospect, we would have gotten the cheese plate together, then had ribeye and lamb, skipping dessert.
- New chef, great foodjawmDined on 5/1/2014New chef, Mike Ledesma, is creating some fantastic dishes, great presentation, terrific taste. Of course, the service was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- hidden gemBuffnblueVIPDined on 5/1/2014the new Chef added to the beautiful environment is a real winner.A wide ranging wine list is the frosting on the cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLEDWDined on 4/25/2014Have been going to Patina for 14 years....new chef has taken the food to an even higher level! The Farm to Table freshness is apparent, and the service is outstanding! I have always recommended Patina, but will even more now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, Great atmosphereemgeeDined on 4/11/2014The farm to table cuisine is excellent. Selections provide a good offering of unique and common dishes, all taste as if made from scratch. Love the quiet atmosphere and personable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experiencestereosteveDined on 4/5/2014We arrived on time and were immediately seated for our reservation. Our server paced the courses so that we were able to leisurely enjoy our experience. She even worked our order around a large group that had arrived shortly after us. We started with a couple of drinks where our server was able to make helpful suggestions. As usual the food was top shelf. The Charcuterie appetizer was a new choice for us and we look forward to ordering it again. A wonderful mix of texture and flavor. The wife's tuna special and my rockfish were both cooked to perfection. Patina is clearly our go to place not only for excellent food, but also for a relaxing, intimate, and romantic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies delightHansanjuanDined on 3/29/2014It's always a pleasure to eat there. Menu changes present tasty surprises. They'll prepare it as you like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingcorkatVIPDined on 3/20/2014My wife and I eat out a lot. But I was blown away by Patina. The dish that was so great was a salmon dish. Easily one of the best meals I have had in months. The service was stellar as well. We will be back soon.Special Features: