Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk
6000 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://patobriens.com/orlando
- Phone: 4072243663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Resume editing Your next party will be an occasion to remember! Our account executives are happy to give you a tour of our facilities or provide you with any information you need. For your next event, remember that Pat O'Brien's offers quality catering services. Our Executive Chef will create the ideal gourmet meal. Pat O'Brien's provides an extensive beverage selection, complete with our trademark Specialty Drinks, including the Hurricane.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether in our elegant Briars Suite, Pat O's Courtyard or our Piano Bar, your next party will be an occasion to remember! Our full time account executives are happy to give you a tour of our facilities or provide you with any information you need.
- Private Party Contact: Aixa Castillo 4072246423
- Entertainment: Across the carriageway from the Main Bar is the ever-popular Piano Bar. The large room offers green cushioned chairs poised around copper-topped tables. The front stage boasts two copper-topped baby grand pianos. The dueling entertainers perform your favorite sing-alongs from requests written upon napkins passed up from the audience. The Piano Bar is a bar that has been imitated, but never replicated, because no one can capture the spirit and excitement that Pat O'Brien's creates! Our Piano Bar opens at 5pm daily and our dueling pianos entertain nightly.
- Cross Street: Universal Boulevard & CityWalk
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk
It's Mardi Gras 365 days a year at this authentic reproduction of New Orleans' favorite watering hole. Pat O'Brien's is the home of the world-famous Hurricane drink and the "Flaming Fountain" patio, a picturesque courtyard that will have you believing you're in the middle of Bourbon Street. Pat O'Brien's is also the home of dueling pianos, and in Pat O's Piano Bar you can sing along with two piano players performing nightly. There's also a popular Locals Bar perfect for friendly conversation and catching your favorite game on one of our TV's. Pat O's offers unique private parties with a huge balcony overlooking CityWalk and the patio. Sample Cajun style appetizers and entrees, raise your glass, and 'Have Fun!' as you enjoy a little bit of the Big Easy right in Orlando.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (28)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (15)special occasion (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Was very disappointed in the atmosphere, not really Irish. Piano player doesn't play Irish music. We were so disappointed that we decided not to eat there & just finished the drinks we ordered. Speaking of drinks, any place I have ordered a special drink & the glass comes with it they always give me a clean wrapped glass. Here I was expected to take home a dirty glass & only given a thin box to put it in with no other protection. My husband's beer also tasted watered down. I also should have looked more closely at the online menu since there seemed to be more Cajun food offered than Irish for an "Irish Pub" name. We will not be back.
- Poor quality, low alcohol contentTravelmuchDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I were disappointed I'm the food and drinks. The ambiance was nice sitting outside in a courtyard, and the server Matty was attentive and pleasant. The Po Boy had tiny, Kroger style cheap breaded shrimp, a horrible grocery store roll instead of a baguette, and mediocre seasoned fries. The breading on the fish and chips was soggy and greasy and the fish was strong and not good. Both drinks had very. Little alcohol, a disappointment since we asked for premium calls at $10 each. Overall, a mediocre experience.
- Great Experience.Anon092Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I were dining to celebrate her birthday before going to see the Blue Man Group. As soon as we walked into the restaurant we were impressed with the theme of the place and were seated in the piano room. Our server Matty was extremely polite and even gave us a history of the restaurant. We ordered the Hurricane drink and we both loved it immediately. And the food was some of the best things I've ever had. We are already planning to go back sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with New Orleans flairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Once we arrived we were asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside. We chose inside and were told the dueling piano ayers started at 5:15. Well actually it was one piano player. She played a variety of music all requested by the audience/diners. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageStaceyDined on 7/8/2014We should have known when there were only 4 other tables in use that we weren't in for much. It was dark inside and we were escorted to a small table. There was a piano player who had personality but the singing was terrible. It did give us something to laugh about. The food was u. Fish and chips was good not too greasy. The best part of the meal was the Bag O’ Beignets served with chocolate sauce. We would not go back again though.Special Features:
- BetchaloveitDined on 7/4/2014Always love it Thank you. The best is the Open Table reservation. I have always been able to get in...We just went this July 4th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisytechyDined on 7/2/2014Place is very loud. Music is good, but too much for a young family after a day at the park.Special Features:
- Food was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I ordered the Jambalaya. The serving was small, presentation was horrible (one sticky lump in the middle of a large dish,) and taste was blah. The shrimp and sausage looked and tasted old. My husband ordered a corned beef po' boy. It was soggy and tasteless. We took our 4 kids, their meals were fine, but we walked out hungry after spending $150 on dinner.Special Features:
- We love to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/27/2014Entainment was fabulous. Louisiana food was great. Just the right spices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FUNBassJune2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great entertainment as you would expect from a piano bar. Venue was not particularly busy but the staff seemed a little rushed and took no time to explain the menu or request procedure. Food was good if a little over priced but overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Billed my card twice!!BrianDined on 6/25/2014They brought out my bill for $89.00 which did not include two entrees, so I asked that they add the two entrees to the bill. They ran the first bill and charged my card $89 which I didn't know, then applied all those same charges to the new bill that included the 2 entrees (total of $125) and ran it. So they billed me twice and I have yet to get a refund!Special Features:
- Noisy with limited air conditioningOpineIdoDined on 6/22/2014Only the bars are air conditioned and the rest is open air with misting. The bar with food service was very loud. The patrons appeared to be having a good time, but the noise required us to leave.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was mediocre. The staff was friendly. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Absolutely terrible service. Took 1 hour and 45 minutes total and all we ordered were four sandwiches. We ordered the beignets for dessert but after not receiving them for 25 minutes we cancelled them and asked for our check. It took them 20 minutes just to get our check. Would not recommend to anyone. It's a shame because the food was really good.Special Features:
- Ok but piano player needs updatingBcat134Dined on 6/21/2014Establishment boasts"dueling pianos"yet there was only one piano player and she was elderly and couldn't sing. . Food was okay but nothing greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014Food was very good but the best part was the dining in the courtyard. PerfectSpecial Features:
- Not satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Being from New Orleans this Pat O'briens doesn't even compare. No fresh shrimp, etc. for a restaurant to carry on the Pat O's name. Wouldn't go there again. Dueling pianos is best part of restaurant.
- 40 birthdayJessieDined on 6/10/2014We go to Florida once a year and never miss Pat's. We love this resturant! I went there on June 10 th for my 40 th birthday. We LOVE everything about this resturant and would recommend this resturant to everyone!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatobrienrocksDined on 6/4/2014Have been twice. The pianists are exceptional. Saw one Friday night (with wild hair) who should go out for The Voice or Americas Got Talent. He was genius!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible atmosphereOliveDined on 5/30/2014This was the most disappointing experience we had here at Universal. I wish we had gotten up and left. The music was wretched, the atmosphere even worse. The server was very nice, but I'm afraid that wasn't enough to save the experience. The food left a lot to be desired...will never go back there. There were 3 tables occupied in the entire dining room,including ours, during our meal. Maybe outdoor dining would have been better?? Ugh....
- shosgdDined on 5/24/2014The food is abosultely yummy. I LOVED the beignets that are in a bag and they shake them in powdered sugar when they serve them! SOOOO good. However, it is really loud so if it is peace you want while you dine, eat outside.Special Features:
- DinnerLauraDined on 5/18/2014We made reservations, but the restaurant was empt when we arrived. We are a family of four and we chose to sit in the piano bar. Since there were so few people in the room, the piano player gave us a private concert playing all of our requests. The food and service were good. For a restaurant in a theme park, the prices were reasonable. We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experanceluv4funandfoodDined on 5/16/2014Dining at pat o brains was a memorable experience I will defiantly come back again and again the energy of the restaurant was unforgettable and the food was amazing. the dueling pianos were fun and pianist were funny and remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small, but tasty, portionshescaDined on 5/14/2014We love cajun food and booze, so this was the perfect spot. I read reviews that the portions are smaller here sp we opted for a bigger lunch and came here for dinner. Yes the portions are a bit small but the Jambalaya and the red fish were both delicious. I had the hurricane and while it was very good, it wasnt mixed well enough. All the liqour was on the bottom and there was so much ice I couldn't stir it. We sat on the patio to avoid the loud piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of the Big EasytravelengineerDined on 5/13/2014I had high expectations going in and wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere was just like being in New Orleans. The shrimp and grits were to die for. In addition to the expected hurricanes, we were pleasantly surprised to see Abita beer available. The menu wasn't extensive, but there wasn't a bad dish on it. Even the prices left me feeling like the good times were a rollin'Special Features:
- Wonderful placeknoxdadDined on 5/7/2014We arrived early, they made us very welcomed, service was great and the food was wonderful as was the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music is fun, food is blahOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014Nobody goes here for the food, let's face it. But the music gets rocking around 9:00, so get there at 8:00, have a few drinks, order some wings and nachos (you can't screw those up!) and make a few requests for the musicians (bring singles so you can tip them). Great for a group of fun people who want to sing along and kick back. We went on a Tuesday night and there was still life to the place.Special Features:
- EntertainingNotonetoreviewDined on 5/3/2014The dual piano entertainment is wonderful. The Hurricane drink is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightSueflaDined on 4/21/2014We went to Pat's mainly because of the duel piano bar. We went as a group last year, and had a really fun time so we thought we would go again. We werent' disappointed by the players. The food is alright - nothing to write home about. It's your basic fish and chips, sandwiches and burgers. Their signature "Hurricane" drink is a must to try! Overall, if you are looking to have some fun and have a quick bite to eat, this is the place to go. It's not a very crowded place and the crowds come and go.Special Features:
- Fun for whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014After a long day in the park, we came here for dinner. The kids were hungry and exhausted. After a few minutes of listening to the piano player, they were up requesting songs and singing along having a blast! It was a perfect way for the whole family to bond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant time.DippyDined on 4/8/2014We had one of the best nights ever at pat o'briens. The pianists were all brilliant and managed to include everyone young and old. They played all our requests and even did a special slightly rude one for the UK visitors -after 9clock I hasten to add - which brought the house down. Everyone joined in singing and it was a brilliant night. So much so we went back the following night. The hurricane cocktail was a winner and the food was good as well. I would definitely recommend booking in advance.Special Features:
- While in the dark.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014a) VERY dark had 4 adults in a table that was suitable for 2- thankfully they were not too busy that we were able to put 2 tables together to make more room- b) NO vegetarian options c) Bathroom needs to be updated (orlando location) very dirty and oldSpecial Features:
- Great experience!KYboysDined on 4/2/2014Drinks were definitely full strength! Dueling pianos started at 8:00. Had wife and 2 boys (age 16 and 12)....everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk reviews archive.
- Weak food, strong entertainmentBarockTellinItLikeItIsDined on 3/31/2014If you going for the dueling pianos, or to enjoy the nice outdoor patio or the famous hurricanes, go forth. If you are going for the food, don't. As a point of comparison I had a shrimp po' boy at Marlows Tarvern that was 10x better than the one I had here. Same goes for the burgers.Special Features:
- no dueling pianos at dinner timethemeparkfamilyDined on 3/29/2014We were looking for a spot for a fun family dining experience during our visit to Universal Studios that day (we are annual pass holders and have been to several restaurants on City Walk). When looking online it was advertised that the Piano Bar was open Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am - 21 and older after 9:00pm. Since this is a hub for families we felt our teenage sons could experience the fun of a dueling pianos between 6-7PM (before the over 21 bar scene starts). While the older woman playing the piano was charming... It was not the experience we were expecting. We got a mild lounge performance not dueling piano fun. We ordered appetizers (nachos and a sampler platter) Very Very Small Portions and not tasty.
- Very nice to "escape" fromLokigirlDined on 3/28/2014Very nice to "escape" from the strip at Universal. Fun. Good music. Food is good. All in all a good place for family and friends to sit down and enjoy a little taste of New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Everything was great! Food,ButchDined on 3/25/2014Everything was great! Food, service, entertainment and especially the price. very, very reasonable for a theme park venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service very slow. They didOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Service very slow. They did not have the dessert we ordered so the waiter took it upon himself to decide what to bring us! The food was average at best. I would not go ever again.
- The service was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2014The service was very poor. Had to wait over an hour for our food. Was not very crowded .Special Features:
- Reservation was not honored.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014We arrived for our confirmed reservation & was told at that time there were no reservations for March 17, 2014. An employee did help us get into another restaurant.