416 E Grace St
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pastureva.com/
- Phone: 8047800416x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jason Alley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: 4th
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We have 10 spaces available in the lot behind the restaurant marked for Pasture. Please get a pass from host to display in windshield. We recommend trying 4th, 5th and Grace st. for street parking and additionally there is a pay lot at 6th and Franklin for $6 all night parking after 6 p.m.
A word from Pasture
We're a southern restaurant with a focus on local products located in the heart of Richmond's historic downtown shopping district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Pasture - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Pasture reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (39)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (18)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014The staff and owners at pasture are so friendly. The hostess greeted us warmly, our server happily walked us through the menu and brought us a sample of beers we were interested in. The steak tartare was amazing! We loved everything we had and when they heard it was our anniversary they brought us dessert and a champagne toast. We couldn't have asked for a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RVAforLoversDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time, and the food is amazing and creative. Great selection of drinks...try the Surry Bourbon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionsweeetjulyDined on 9/11/2014Delicious food and wine, time well spent with my girlfriends. If you're looking for a place you can drink, relax and eat good food in good company, this is it.Special Features:
- Great service and foodASyaDined on 9/5/2014Very nice restaurant. Service was great. Food was good and interesting. We will definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We started our meal with a fun fall cocktail that wasn't on the menu. The food was delicious. I ordered the fish special which was flounder in a lovely light broth with vegetables. It was divine. We shared the Candybar chocolate dessert which was rich and decadent. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PastureAandcDined on 9/5/2014Service was top notch and food was excellent. Had the Candy Bar for dessert and would highly recommend that and the pork chop. We'll done and we will return.Special Features:
- Ghost town restarauntWt1234VIPDined on 8/30/2014The area around this restaraunt seemed dead around 530 on a Saturday night. Arrived early for our reservations and the place had 2 other tables with guests. When we left they maybe had 4 tables. The food was OK. Maybe it's a lunch place or maybe downtown Richmond is just not that busy on the weekend?
- LOVED the food!jujubeeDined on 8/29/2014As a vegetarian they had some great choices ... my favorite being the "chicken fried" mushrooms with gravy. What a treat since I haven't had gravy in years! We had a fun time with friends and had excellent service!Special Features:
- StaffNoname30Dined on 8/29/2014I have absolutely no complaints about the food. I ordered the burger and fries, and both were some of the best I've ever had in Richmond! Unfortunately, it took 10 minutes for the staff to even notice we were there. They never even asked how the food was, and they only came by to take our order, bring our food, and get the check. You would think a restaurant with the quality food Pasture has would have a slightly more engaging staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEFoodieNEFoodieDined on 8/25/2014Loved Pasture...food is terrific. Everything we ate was freshly made and very creatively presented. We would definitely go again when we're in Richmond. The only negative is that the neighborhood is sketchy so going there at night if you're not familiar with the area is not the best experience. If you're with a group not a problem. Try it, it's so worthed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotamyzzonDined on 8/21/2014My dining companion and I shared several small plates, which were great with one of the "featured wines": a vinho verde rose'. The server was friendly and attentive, and the food was fresh, inspired, and delicious. I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- A little let downawesomeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was good but not as good as it usually is the pork chop was dry, and service was way off --- sat to long to wait to order sat to long to wait to pay took to long to return with credit card. Would have ordered dessert if service would not have been so slowSpecial Features:
- A perfect night!RVAGirlsEat2Dined on 8/13/2014I went to Pasture last week with two work acquaintances. The atmosphere is super fun and funky. We ordered some signature cocktails that were highly recommended by our waitress. They were refreshing, not too stingy on the liquor, and delicious! The waitress seemed to know her way around the menu pretty well. We got the pimento cheese that is served with ritz crackers in a brown bag on the side. I could have just eaten this with cocktails all night it was THAT good. We also got the black eyed pea falafel, the frito Pie, the chicken fried mushroom & a succotash special. All amazing and exceeded all expectations. Our waitress went MIA at the end but someone else helped us and we were fine! I'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I went to Pasture on Friday night and had an enjoyable meal. The other three guests had not been there before. I talked the food up and expectations were high. The most popular dishes were the Hummus and the Pimento Cheese. My pork was delicious but the shrimp dish, while refreshing, underwhelmed the two ladies who ordered the dish. The order of noodles by my brother were tasty but he left saying they were just okay. Service was excellent and atmosphere was great. We always ask each other would you go back for another dish and the entire group said they would. They did say they wouldn't get those dishes (shrimp and noodles) again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern CharmLocaleatsDined on 8/5/2014What a great take on the southern classics. Loved the pork rinds, cream cheese & red pepper jelly. Never made it to the entrees ordered all apps & desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back indeedELORichmondDined on 8/4/2014Truly delicious food and great service, but not a place to have a quiet chat with a friend because of acoustics and music.Special Features:
- Pretty goodSnobbyfoodie8280Dined on 8/2/2014Service was excellent and atmosphere as wonderful as usual. Sides on both the pork and gish of the day were underseasoned for my taste and overcooked, but the features of both plates were quite good and i would try both again - perhaps at a less busy time or day. Drinks could have been better: the house-made jam in my drink was delicious, but was all at the bottom of the cocktail and completely impossible to incorporate after the drink was cold. Overall, a good experience and i will certainly go back and recommend to friends based on this and previous experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and underwhelming foodmakeitbluVIPDined on 7/31/2014It was very crowded in this trendy Service was attentive and very friendly. Cocktail was ok. Ordered the shrimp appetizer which was a bowl of undercooked, under flavored and uninspired dish. Would not recommend.
- Happy HourpmrthirdVIPDined on 7/29/2014My second time visiting this restaurant and this time I went early and ate at the bar for happy hour. Ordered a few half price snacks including fried pickles, asparagus, and more. I was shocked how much food you received and it was all good. Instead of ordering a small plate, I just ate snacks which were very filling and good. I also tried their house wines during happy hour and enjoyed. I look forward to going back to try more of the small plates and entrees. So far, enjoyed everything during both trips here!Special Features:
- Great burgerB4theshowDined on 7/24/2014I've had lot's of interesting small plates and great beer, but what keeps me coming back is the burger. Locally sourced and expertly cooked with a special sauce that will remind you of a certain Scottish something, but with no guilt.Special Features:
- Superb foodJeffDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to Pasture, and what a great meal! We had been wanting to try it for some time, having heard such great things about it, but just hadn't made it there previously. All the great things we had heard were true! The menu was creative while emphasizing locally sourced foods whenever possible. The quality of what we had was outstanding. It was so much fun to get a few different plates and share among our group. The atmosphere is relaxed and open. All in all, this is a fantastic restaurant, and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!radmarDined on 7/12/2014Visiting Richmond and our dinner at Pasture was the best meal we've had so far. Absolutely delicious! The service was great, server was very friendly, informative and attentive. We will return next time we are in Richmond. Loved the murals in the bathroom, very cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Loved it. Especially the fact the food comes local farmers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....TravelingFoodieDined on 7/5/2014Good overall experience, very friendly staff. After reading the reviews on line I had a high expectations for the food. We had two apps and two small plate specials. The apps were good. The Deep Fried Pickles we TERRIFIC! The Boiled Peanut Hummus with Veg Sticks were on "par" with others I have had in Charleston, SC. Bread-sticks or Crackers would have been a great match with the Hummus. The two Specials were not appealing at all or worthy of mentioning by name. Next time we will stick to the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been disappointed yetRunRVA30Dined on 7/2/2014Pasture serves up reliably amazing food in a fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Whatever incarnation of hummus is on the menu is always worth a try (currently peanut hummus), and diners should try to save room for the homemade candy bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesomealymaggsDined on 6/27/2014Small and Large plates. Great for a group that likes to share.Special Features:
- Second time even betteryummysouthernfareDined on 6/25/2014This is my second time to Pasture! Very friendly service. Love the choice of small plates!Special Features:
- Quaint Neighborhood Place!GFoodieDined on 6/23/2014Great location near many area hotels. Wonderful food and the decor was really nice. A really nice place for an eclectic palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful small dishesEdmo48Dined on 6/21/2014You will love the availability of smaller dishes here when you are not starving for a full dish entree. We shared the pimiento cheese with Ritz crackers (a must), pork meat balls with rice and mushrooms, and a sauteed spinach. All delicious. Great place to eat before heading two blocks down to the Capital Theater for a show.Special Features:
- Pasture is the place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We loved our dinner at Pasture. Local, home made food that is just delicious! I had the sirloin with potatoes & asparagus, my husband had their burger & fries. Both were done to perfection. Good amount of food, but not too much like so many places. We shared the "candy bar" for dessert. What a yummy treat! Our waiter Phil was there just before we need him every time & took excellent care of us. If you're going to Richmond, be sure & check out this little gem!Special Features:
- Great eveningjrorvaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food, service, atmosphere - Pasture had it all. Small plate offerings allowed for sampling of many well prepared, interesting dishes. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisyDined on 6/7/2014We always enjoy our meals at Pasture, and they have the best pimento cheese in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunHollabackVADined on 6/5/2014The food was pretty good. Half price snacks for happy hour was a great deal but the drinks were still over priced compared to other comprable restaraunt a in the area. Food was ok. I would go back but not my first choice. Oh the lemon buttermilk pie is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right about the wait...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We had a 7pm reservation and still ended up waiting about 20 minutes for our table, entrees were good (if limited), desserts were great, service so so.Special Features:
- Farm to Table 1st time here!pmrthirdVIPDined on 5/28/2014Wasn't sure what to expect but was pleased with location as I typically stay downtown Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn. It was a short 1 block away and atmosphere was nice. The waiting staff were extremely attentive! Enjoyed 2 small plates. Both the homemade fried clams and crispy ham pork ribs were outstanding! Please with portion despite stating small plate. The 2 made a great meal. Undecided on which wine so waitress offered me a taste of both. Very much appreciate the offer as I chose the other wine, not the one I was leaning towards. Look forward to going back and trying more and also enjoying their happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to PastureDiverDebDined on 5/23/2014This has been on my radar for sometime - and I certainly won't wait that long before we go again. The staff was great, and there is a wide and different variety of food available - including smaller portions. I had two of those - the sauted spinach, and steak tartare. We began with sharing pork skins, a decadent food that we don't do very often. Husband had steak and there was no problem substituting mashed potatoes for the parsnip puree, which didn't appeal to either of us. The restaurant supports local food, both meat and veg, definitely a plus. Hope to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Pasture reviews archive.
- Nice, Eclectic MenuRichmondGuyDined on 5/16/2014The food was very good--had two small plates and the pimento cheese crackers snack. All were outstanding. I'd call the menu "modern southern" though more modern southern comfort food, not elegant. The menu is interesting and the offerings were fresh and good, but I didn't find the food sophisticated or particularly healthy--more heavy than I'd have liked. There's nothing wrong with that, I just had a different perception of what to expect. The décor is bright and lively. It's loud--if there's a lot of people there, turn up the hearing aid. The service was outstanding. Waitress was adorable and attentive without being bothersome. Beer list is good. I'd definitely recommend, just with the caveat the food is not what the name implied.Special Features:
- Best Meal I have had in a long timeKaraDined on 5/16/2014We ate at Pasture before attending a show at the National. We ordered the pimento cheese and cracker (so yummy!), the pork rinds (tasty and crispy!) and the popcorn (seemed stale and only very lightly flavored). We had a round of delicious drinks - they offer some great unusual cocktails but also are able to serve up the classics in a good way. All four of us ordered the burger. I have had probably thousands of burgers in my life and this was probably the BEST one I have ever had - cooked well, thick grass fed patty, great toppings and the fries were awesome. We all completely cleaned our plates. Fabulous dinner! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointingTheManFromtheNorthDined on 5/15/2014Having heard good things about "Pasture" from more than one close acquaintance, I expected better than we experienced. Two different Pinot Noirs were drinkable but not worth the money; the cocktail had no alcohol; appetizers were tasty but too caloric and greasy; entrees were boring; the desserts highly variable (mine nearly inedible; others in our party were happier.) Our server was pleasant and efficient. I'd be willing to go again, but a repeat of this experience would result in crossing it off my list.
- Cute place, food mehLaurieDined on 5/15/2014The service was okay, food was okay. Not a place i would go again when there are so many wonderful places in R'mond to try.