416 E Grace St
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pastureva.com/
- Phone: (804) 780-0416
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jason Alley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: 4th
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We have 10 spaces available in the lot behind the restaurant marked for Pasture. Please get a pass from host to display in windshield. We recommend trying 4th, 5th and Grace st. for street parking and additionally there is a pay lot at 6th and Franklin for $6 all night parking after 6 p.m.
A word from Pasture
We're a southern restaurant with a focus on local products located in the heart of Richmond's historic downtown shopping district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Pasture - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Pasture reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (48)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (21)special occasion (19)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- An unexpected gem in downtown RichmondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014I made reservations for dinner before a concert and I was not disappointed. The food was delicious and the selection expansive. I will definitely recommend the Pasture to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food all around.RVAFoodieDined on 11/22/2014Southern food done right. Everything we had was excellent. The thinly shaved ham on the Pamento cheese appetizer was well worth the extra charge. The hamburger was cooked to perfection and the sauce on the pork chop was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu..SteamyjoDined on 11/20/2014Limited selection but quality food. A little something for every palate. I had the seared fish (flounder) w parsnip purée..... Excellent dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group OutingwrigavinDined on 11/19/2014We were a group of 12 and were on a time crunch to make it to a 7:30 show. We let our server know and she did a great job getting our drink and food orders in quickly. Food arrived at the same time, though the fries weren't as hot as they should have been (not sure how long those plates had been sitting waiting on others) and the ham croquettes probably could have used another 30 seconds to a minute in the fryer. All of the other food was delicious and the drinks were good, too. We made it to the show on time without feeling rushed, which is no small feat. Kudos to the wait staff and the kitchen for getting us in and out smoothly and happy. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2014Found this place on Open Table. The food was outstanding. I normally do not write reviews but just had to write about this place. If you are in the area, this is definately a place you need to go to. The service was friendly and helpful. Definately a place where you will clean your plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinner spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We walked over to Pasture after a show at the Carpenter Center and loved it! The food was fabulous and there were several vegetarian options. I had the country fried mushrooms over mashed potatoes and they were delicious. I would highly recommend Pasture!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great southern cookingPamRVIPDined on 11/11/2014Although the menu is limited, we were happy with our choices. My friend had the "best" burger with fries and I had the frito pie (veggie chili in a casserole with fritos) and butternut squash with brussel sprouts and pecans. Very tasty. This is a unique restaurant in the city and the service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Amazing Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great find, everything was so good! We loved the pork chop and the chicken fried mushrooms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure at Pasture!VictorDined on 11/8/2014The menu options were terrific! The boiled peanuts were tasty and the pimento cheese to die for! If you cannot make up your mind, choose the hamburger. A winner that even included a special sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!luvveggiesDined on 11/6/2014very good food, drink and service. Seated promptly with Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- The Candy Bar!whateverDined on 10/30/2014The Candy Bar is the best dessert I have ever eaten anywhere in the world!Special Features:
- Fantastic on all levels.New2RichmondDined on 10/25/2014We took my parents to Pasture when they came to visit us in Richmond this weekend in order to show them a restaurant that was representative of the cool and eclectic vibe of the city. Pasture was perfect for the occasion. The ambiance is urban, original, and cool and the food was out of this world. We will definitely go here again any time we want to either show off our city or look as though we are the interesting foodie types who know the right place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Pasture was a good experience! Food and service was great definitely would return to have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreVgabVIPDined on 10/22/2014Nothing very special about it. Limited menu, so so food. Pleasant service.
- Consistently goodJohn3VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been to Pasture several times and it never disappoints, the menu is always fresh and not overwhelming. I had grouper and it was perfectly prepared. The service was good and our server anticipated our needs. Overall another good experienceSpecial Features:
- thoroughly enjoyable experience!joaniebDined on 10/17/2014It was our Anniversary and we wanted to eat somewhere outside. It was a beautiful day and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside and having a few drinks along with lunch. Our waiter was so nice and attentive and he really made our time there special! The "Candy Bar" dessert that he brought us was to die for!!! I highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Ok but nothing specialScorpio12Dined on 10/16/2014We went for dinner and tried 4 of the small plates. They were all pretty good but nothing was outstanding. The best thing was the Brussels sprouts. Atmosphere is lacking.Special Features:
- BiancaDined on 9/29/2014I brought my mother-in-law here for her birthday. We had a wonderful time, but our waiter seemed too busy. I had tried to prevent this from happening by indicating that this was a birthday dinner, but that didn't seem to help our cause.
- Before the Symphony DiningKarverlyDined on 9/27/2014Our server was extremely pleasant and checked on us frequently. We had a time frame, and were able to arrive at the Symphony in plenty time. The noise level was a real turnoff. There is no ambiance, very plain. Outside dining is possible, but the tables and chairs are tiny and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- A Fine MealPaddlerDined on 9/27/2014The burger was described as the best in Richmond, and my wife agrees. My pork chop and spoon bread was very good. We certainly recommend this restaurant. The only negative was having to pay $17 to park 3 ½ hours while we ate and attended a performance at the Carpenter Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Good food very convient for Center StagejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing.jdinerDined on 9/26/2014this was our second visit to pasture - the first was about 18 mos ago. our first experience was MUCH better. this is about a thirty min trip from our home and this was probably our last visit. our server was horrible. it took a while to get waited on initially and then we were constantly having to ask for silverware, water refills, etc. it was disappointing b/c our first trip was so great - maybe with time the quality has just gone down. too bad.Special Features:
- MoosterDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was wonderful - my friends from New York and South Carolina were impressed!!Special Features:
- Cool PlaceSkipit4144Dined on 9/23/2014Very neat place we discovered on our last business trip to Charlottesville. Beautiful location and most of the food was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thisbrieftransitDined on 9/20/2014The steak tartare is the best I've ever had. Great romantic atmosphere. Even better service. A Richmond favorite.Special Features:
- Good vibe, good foodChicagoRichmondDined on 9/20/2014Yet another Richmond gem! Pasture serves up interesting appetizers followed by well presented and tasty entrees. Nothing is overstated here, allowing the food to "do the talking". This restaurant is running all cylinders.Special Features:
- TripDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Had been there for lunch and now dinner, both were worth the trip.Special Features:
- TheBearThatBear53Dined on 9/20/2014Took my beautiful wife...Great Meal!! We Will Be Back!!Special Features:
- Good beer list...good apps.dk67Dined on 9/19/2014A lot of micro brews to choose from and delicious appetizers! Too loud to carry on a normal conversation across the table. Maybe sitting at the bar would have been better to talk?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The burger and fries were the best. The service was quick and attentive. Location is great if attending downtown activities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014The staff and owners at pasture are so friendly. The hostess greeted us warmly, our server happily walked us through the menu and brought us a sample of beers we were interested in. The steak tartare was amazing! We loved everything we had and when they heard it was our anniversary they brought us dessert and a champagne toast. We couldn't have asked for a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RVAforLoversDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time, and the food is amazing and creative. Great selection of drinks...try the Surry Bourbon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionsweeetjulyDined on 9/11/2014Delicious food and wine, time well spent with my girlfriends. If you're looking for a place you can drink, relax and eat good food in good company, this is it.Special Features:
- Great service and foodASyaDined on 9/5/2014Very nice restaurant. Service was great. Food was good and interesting. We will definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We started our meal with a fun fall cocktail that wasn't on the menu. The food was delicious. I ordered the fish special which was flounder in a lovely light broth with vegetables. It was divine. We shared the Candybar chocolate dessert which was rich and decadent. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PastureAandcDined on 9/5/2014Service was top notch and food was excellent. Had the Candy Bar for dessert and would highly recommend that and the pork chop. We'll done and we will return.Special Features:
- Ghost town restarauntWt1234VIPDined on 8/30/2014The area around this restaraunt seemed dead around 530 on a Saturday night. Arrived early for our reservations and the place had 2 other tables with guests. When we left they maybe had 4 tables. The food was OK. Maybe it's a lunch place or maybe downtown Richmond is just not that busy on the weekend?
- LOVED the food!jujubeeDined on 8/29/2014As a vegetarian they had some great choices ... my favorite being the "chicken fried" mushrooms with gravy. What a treat since I haven't had gravy in years! We had a fun time with friends and had excellent service!Special Features:
- StaffNoname30Dined on 8/29/2014I have absolutely no complaints about the food. I ordered the burger and fries, and both were some of the best I've ever had in Richmond! Unfortunately, it took 10 minutes for the staff to even notice we were there. They never even asked how the food was, and they only came by to take our order, bring our food, and get the check. You would think a restaurant with the quality food Pasture has would have a slightly more engaging staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEFoodieNEFoodieDined on 8/25/2014Loved Pasture...food is terrific. Everything we ate was freshly made and very creatively presented. We would definitely go again when we're in Richmond. The only negative is that the neighborhood is sketchy so going there at night if you're not familiar with the area is not the best experience. If you're with a group not a problem. Try it, it's so worthed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.