2260 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064-2018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastina.net/
- Phone: 3104414655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm_10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pastina Trattoria
Casually elegant, Pastina is home to some of the best Italian cooking in town inspired by the freshest ingredients, cooked simply and prepared beautifully with excellent service and a warm comfortable atmosphere. Many of the clientele are on the first name basis with host Franco Catullo who supplies ample amount of Italian charm to go along with delicate antipasti, splendid pastas, fresh fish, hefty veal chops and fabulous desserts flown in from Italy. Pastina strikes a perfect balance between favorite dishes of the moment and trusty standbys with waiters that have the Italian enthusiasm for seeing diners happy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pastina Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Pastina Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DrEKDined on 9/2/2014The prix fixe dinner of $25 is a great four course meal.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food Reasonable PricevenusdinesDined on 8/30/2014As always the food and service were outstanding and the prices much lower than one would expect for that level of service and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodBigNormDined on 8/28/2014Excellent California-Italian food and good wine list at remarkably reasonable prices. Especially good fish dishes. White table cloths and sophisticated decor, with fine service.Special Features:
- A fabulous find!!!FoodLoverDined on 8/27/2014Never knew such a great restaurant was right nearby!Special Features:
- Philipb310Dined on 8/22/2014great value for meals decent service needs better winesSpecial Features:
- Our Only Negative Experience ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Six of us went there to celebrate my birthday. We asked for two or three separate checks, but the server said that they couldn't do that. Four of us had the prix fixe dinner, and when the pasta course came, one of our guests had his salad taken away from him without even being asked if he was finished with it! (He wasn't.) Our server didn't seem too concerned. The same thing likely would've happened to me with my pasta had I not seen the server/busboy's hand grabbing my plate. They were obviously trying to rush us out of the place, and the owner actually told one of our guests that they were going to stop serving the 4-course meal on weekends because "people stay too long at the tables"! So glad they appreciated our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonVIPDined on 7/17/2014Love their four-course fixed price menu selections. Best bargain in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Excellent food. Service spotty. Very loud. Disorganized.Special Features:
- Great find and recommend highlyBusinessfoodiesDined on 6/25/2014It was excellent from start to finish --- from adding a person to our group reservation to accommodating our group for a business dinner. Our server was impeccable --- she was attentive without hovering. Her food recommendations were spot on. The food, including the appetizers, was superb. Half of our group ordered the pre-fixe meal and the other half went al la carte. Our whole group of foodies were impressed with the dining experience. The wine list was quite appropriate though not extensive and our selection paired well with our respective dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Italian at its bestEclectictastesDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed a prix fixe dinner at Pastina that was tasty in every way. The waiter was helpful in describing dishes and explaining options. Portions more than ample, and the atmosphere in the restaurant makes it very suitable for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Still greatdoxyluvrDined on 6/7/2014Many years ago we came to Pastina with my parents and friends. We now live I the the Valley and met some friends in the city and thought about Pastina. The service, ambiance and food are as good or better than we remember. We had the prefix dinner which we thought was a really nice deal. Thank you for making our evening a special oneSpecial Features:
- ggfoodieDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time at Pastina. I was very please. The pasta was the bedt I have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 4 course mealbeachyDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has been a reliable choice for many years. It is great for after movie dining and we were very happy with the new 4 course meal. Our dinners were great and the price was excellent. Very good service as well...
- Our "go to" restaurantMikeyVIPDined on 5/30/2014We're relative newcomers at this terrific restaurant, which has been in business for over 20 years, since moving here to LA from NYC a year and a half ago. From the moment you walk in you're made to feel welcome, well taken care of, and treated to wonderful food, great surroundings, and attentive service. The owners, Franco & Nancy, just know how to do it right. We love it! Speaking of which, every time we've brought friends there, they tell us how much they loved it too. Go. PS: They have a full bar. A rarity among most Italian restaurants in the area.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Pastina Trattoria reviews archive.
- Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2014While not a "special occasion" venue, it was a perfect place to meet good friends and enjoy a very delicious and generous dinner with delightful service at a reasonable price. Will definitely return.
- Excellent, but NoisyCharmboyDined on 5/3/2014Food was great, the $28 specials are amazing-soup or salad, pasta, main course, and dessert--all items were dec lisous, and all items for under $30 is a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Love this intimate family-own restaurant. White table cloths and napkins, excellent service, friendly and experienced staff and outstanding food! wide variety on the menu, all reasonably priced with generous portions. We've eaten here for years, either as a last minute night out or with a larger group. We're always happy and satisfied.Special Features:
- YUM!foodieDined on 4/11/2014As usual, Pastina did not disappoint...we took some friends there who had not been there before. They loved the food, service, and menu choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BeautifulviewDined on 3/29/2014They have a prix fixed menu. Great options. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place where you can wineSqueegeelaDined on 3/29/2014A place where you can wine and dine and NOT feel hurried.Special Features:
- Italian Food for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Pastina serves delicious Italian fare in a place that buzzes with happy diners. The noise level is higher than we like, but it's worth putting up with for the happiness that our taste buds enjoyed.Special Features:
- Family Gatheringlove2danceDined on 3/22/2014It was cozy and the food was terrific. When the restaurant filled up past 7:00pm or so on a Saturday the noise level did reach a little high for me. The atmosphere was authentic italian along with the dishes served and portions were sizable enough. Charming and delicious. :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent overallscottyDined on 3/15/2014Can't believe the poor reception upon arrival with "greeter" not being able to find our res. even though handing him the res printout. Waitress wanted to take order immediately without ever giving us the specials of the evening. Never returned to fill up the water glasses and of course became chatty prior to bringing the bill. Food portions greartly reduced and quality not usual of Pastina.
- Wonderful prix fixe lunchCCMomVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food is wonderful, whether "a deal" or at the reasonable, regular menu price. But the lunch special (3 courses for $15.95) is impossible to beat. The two of us enjoyed their delicious bread/olive oil with 1) white bean soup, spaghetti and meatballs and almond cookies and 2) caesar salad, eggplant parmesan, and flourless chocolate cake. There are several other appetizing choices we'll have to try another time. The service is attentive and friendly, and this is a lovely room where the noise level is quiet enough to have a good conversation. It's a hidden gem along Westwood Blvd between Olympic and the Westwood Pavilion.Special Features:
- Great Date NightNickDined on 3/7/2014Made a reservation online a couple days in advance. Table was ready when we got there (10 min. early) and we were seated immediately. I had a salad, beef ravioli (daily special) and coffee. Another waiter also brought us a tiramisu on the house which was the best I have ever had. I highly recommend it. The restaurant was very busy (Friday night at 7pm) but staff was continually checking to see if we needed anything. We also sat for a while after dessert with no one rushing to leave. The ambiance was romantic but attire was casual. We were more dressed up but didn't feel out of place. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2014Love the prix fix and the wonderfully attentive service!Special Features:
- Splendid experience!SherylVIPDined on 2/14/2014Everything is splendid here - food, service and ambiance. Just wish it were a bit quieter for visiting but still not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the waiters were extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2014the waiters were extremely busy for a tuesday night. they kept asking us if we were ready to order then moved on to another table before we had time to respond. as soon as we got our orders in, things ran a little more smoothly. great wine for $30/bottle. my fiancé and i both did the prie fixe menu, a salad, small appetizer pasta, entree and dessert for $25.95. everything was delicious. i ended up taking my entire entree home because there was so much food. this spot is one of the better italian venues on the west side, reasonably priced quality food. will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodHungryDined on 2/11/2014The food here was very good but not great. Not very imaginative. The downside was the service. I had barely sat down when I was asked what I wanted to drink. Same happened to my friends when they arrived. It's cheesy and annoying.Special Features:
- ServicedotsieDined on 2/8/2014Service was slow, waiter was uninformed (said his first night), server spilled water all over two coats, then all over carpet and glasses. Pressure on servers to move faster---a busy night. Just an okay experience even with good food.
- Yum!foodieDined on 2/3/2014As usual, this restaurant does not fail to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Service & Italian FoodyumyuminmytumtumDined on 1/27/2014The food was delicious. We had the dineLA fixe prix menu. A simple cesar salad to start - well tossed, not over or under dressed; a small plate pasta 2nd course - we had the arrabiata and the vodka sauce & both were creamily delicious. We each had the rack of lamb which was as delicious as I expect a rack of lamb. The vegetables & potatoes on the side were also delicious. Both were well seasoned & tasted buttery. We also ordered a bottle of pinot noir - it was a delicious twist off. I don't know how much it was but I'm thinking it was a good portion of our meal - they didn't have a wine menu. The service is very european. They come by once in a while & very relaxed. If you need them, you can wave them down. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Discovery !!BettyNLDined on 1/25/2014As it was part of Restaurant Week and Because it was in the area, we decided to go ........The atmosphere & ambience immediately reminded me of New York: open & friendly !!! Service (although a little slow for a very busy Saturday night) was caring, the food was great -- delicious & ample portions !! ONLY complaint: very loud, poor acoustics & generally noisey :-( However, this "first" time will definitely NOT be the last time !!!Special Features:
- Local favorite with loyalsatisfiedDined on 1/18/2014Local favorite with loyal diners. Good food and a willingness to make items not on the menu make this a popular choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant !KenRVIPDined on 1/18/2014This is one of the best Italian restaurants we've visited in a long time. Impeccable food, service, atmosphere and value. A truly great experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent exceptKamyDined on 1/4/2014Everything was excellent except the noise of the diners voices which I believe you cannot help it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IgnoredSteve69Dined on 1/4/2014The night we went for dinner, the staff seemed out of sinc. There were only 3 other tables full at the time, but we had to ask for menus. The seemed irritated by our request. sometime thereafter, another waiter came to our table and asked if needed something. He took our order and that was the last time we saw him until I summoned him for the check. He asked if everything was fine and I mentioned that we had not seen him until now and he also seemed to not be very happy with the comment. He then went over to the buy boy and appeared to give him a lashing. The bus staff was fine throughout the service ! The waiters comment " I got busy".
- We recently enjoyed a wonderfulluv2dineDined on 12/28/2013We recently enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Pastina Trattoria -- the food was delicious with perfectly-sized portions; the hospitality and ambience were warm, friendly, and welcoming; the wait staff was attentive but not overly so. Pastina Trattoria is exactly the type of restaurant that comes to mind when thinking "neighborhood gem."Special Features:
- ReliableLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/28/2013For a good meal on Westwood Blvd, I think you will be pleased with Pastina. Caring Service, an owner that is on site and a full bar for those who like a drink help the experience. Pasta with eggplant and cheese was good as was the chopped salad. Including one glass of wine (share), one salad, one soup and one shared entree the bill was $68 for the two of us including tip.
- Great neighborhood mainstayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2013we have been going here for years and it never disappoints. Well priced and consistantly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.