2260 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064-2018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastina.net/
- Phone: (310) 441-4655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm_10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pastina Trattoria
Casually elegant, Pastina is home to some of the best Italian cooking in town inspired by the freshest ingredients, cooked simply and prepared beautifully with excellent service and a warm comfortable atmosphere. Many of the clientele are on the first name basis with host Franco Catullo who supplies ample amount of Italian charm to go along with delicate antipasti, splendid pastas, fresh fish, hefty veal chops and fabulous desserts flown in from Italy. Pastina strikes a perfect balance between favorite dishes of the moment and trusty standbys with waiters that have the Italian enthusiasm for seeing diners happy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pastina Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Pastina Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Consistently GreatPeter8hereVIPDined on 11/18/2014Pastina has become one of our regular neighborhood tables. The food is consistently excellent and John's service is true to the finest Italian tradition, making us feel welcome at every turn. Highly recommended for a quick bite or a lavish meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanieDined on 11/1/2014Not the best quality food. Lamb was tough, veggies overcooked, waiter was nice but had to many tables to work on. The set up for valet parking was strange as well as the charge is to high.
- cookieDined on 10/31/2014Food excellent, staff very pleasent and experienced. A real locals place to meet friends and enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service fine.SherylVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very good food and prompt service. We asked for a quiet table on our opentable reservations but when we got there it was news to them. After a brief discussion they sat us at a table they said would be quiet. A short time later they sat a noisy table of 8 right next to us!!! Obviously, our request didn't even register. When we finished the dinner we would have liked dessert and coffee but no one came near us. Since our priority is being able to visit with our friends we got the check and left quickly. What gives with restauranteurs? Do they think we just want to shovel food into our mouths and NOT talk to our companions?Special Features:
- Glad We Found This!dineoutVIPDined on 10/21/2014As season ticket holders for many UCLA events on campus, AND for the Geffen, we eat out before or after each event. For some reason, we never discovered Pastina Tratoria in our travels up and down Westwood Blvd., although we do frequent many other restaurants there. The food was excellent, and the Prix Fixe Menu is an outstanding feature of the restaurant. Ambiance is lovely; decor beautiful, and all in all, a great find! Husband (a oenophile) was impressed with the wine list, and had nice conversations with both our waiter and the owner. We will definitely return often.Special Features:
- Pastina TrattoriaimfrmarsDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was very crowded upon arrival and I had to wait at least five minutes before the host acknowledged me. When the rest of my party arrived we were seated immediately. We were asked what we would like to drink, we bought wine for the table but there were two who wanted water or diet coke. Finally the bread arrived which if they are not known for they should be known. Two of us special ordered a veal dish asking to have the eggplant removed and we were accommodated. The other two ordered off the Prix Fixed menu. Those two hadn't been here before and loved their food. This is a neighborhood gem and we of course will be back. Great service, great food, great bread, just a little noisy but it was a Saturday night, we arrived at 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal at PastinaCCMomVIPDined on 10/16/2014Two of us took a third friend to Pastina to celebrate an honor he had recently received. We all had the prix fixe lunch and everyone left happy. Starting with the bread and ending with flourless chocolate cake (with salads and eggplant parmesan or a chicken dish in between), the food was tasty; the service attentive but not intrusive; and we all enjoyed the celebration.Special Features:
- Best Lasagna in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Hi love real Italian food and this lasagna is the best outside of NYC You must try it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014Perfect lunch! Beautiful feel, delicious good and great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodieDined on 10/3/2014As usual, Pastina does not disappoint! Great specials, many choices, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisineJACKVIPDined on 10/3/2014The veal was superb .. We had dinner early and the restaurant was quite empty: we were seated in a booth by the kitchen .. The workers were loudly chatting with themselves and the owner. Also bags of take orders were lined up on the table right next to ours.. Italian Aria music way too loud.. It would have been nice if the owner/host rather than overseeing take out orders would have come by to greet few guests that were dining in house and see how we were doing ! In view of the above, I would write that the poor ambience and welcome made for a less than satisfying experience! Next time we shall order take out!Special Features:
- DrEKDined on 9/2/2014The prix fixe dinner of $25 is a great four course meal.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food Reasonable PricevenusdinesDined on 8/30/2014As always the food and service were outstanding and the prices much lower than one would expect for that level of service and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodBigNormDined on 8/28/2014Excellent California-Italian food and good wine list at remarkably reasonable prices. Especially good fish dishes. White table cloths and sophisticated decor, with fine service.Special Features:
- A fabulous find!!!FoodLoverDined on 8/27/2014Never knew such a great restaurant was right nearby!Special Features:
- Philipb310Dined on 8/22/2014great value for meals decent service needs better winesSpecial Features:
- Our Only Negative Experience ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Six of us went there to celebrate my birthday. We asked for two or three separate checks, but the server said that they couldn't do that. Four of us had the prix fixe dinner, and when the pasta course came, one of our guests had his salad taken away from him without even being asked if he was finished with it! (He wasn't.) Our server didn't seem too concerned. The same thing likely would've happened to me with my pasta had I not seen the server/busboy's hand grabbing my plate. They were obviously trying to rush us out of the place, and the owner actually told one of our guests that they were going to stop serving the 4-course meal on weekends because "people stay too long at the tables"! So glad they appreciated our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Pastina Trattoria reviews archive.
- AnonVIPDined on 7/17/2014Love their four-course fixed price menu selections. Best bargain in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Excellent food. Service spotty. Very loud. Disorganized.Special Features:
- Great find and recommend highlyBusinessfoodiesDined on 6/25/2014It was excellent from start to finish --- from adding a person to our group reservation to accommodating our group for a business dinner. Our server was impeccable --- she was attentive without hovering. Her food recommendations were spot on. The food, including the appetizers, was superb. Half of our group ordered the pre-fixe meal and the other half went al la carte. Our whole group of foodies were impressed with the dining experience. The wine list was quite appropriate though not extensive and our selection paired well with our respective dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Italian at its bestEclectictastesDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed a prix fixe dinner at Pastina that was tasty in every way. The waiter was helpful in describing dishes and explaining options. Portions more than ample, and the atmosphere in the restaurant makes it very suitable for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Still greatdoxyluvrDined on 6/7/2014Many years ago we came to Pastina with my parents and friends. We now live I the the Valley and met some friends in the city and thought about Pastina. The service, ambiance and food are as good or better than we remember. We had the prefix dinner which we thought was a really nice deal. Thank you for making our evening a special oneSpecial Features:
- ggfoodieVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time at Pastina. I was very please. The pasta was the bedt I have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 4 course mealbeachyDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has been a reliable choice for many years. It is great for after movie dining and we were very happy with the new 4 course meal. Our dinners were great and the price was excellent. Very good service as well...
- Our "go to" restaurantMikeyVIPDined on 5/30/2014We're relative newcomers at this terrific restaurant, which has been in business for over 20 years, since moving here to LA from NYC a year and a half ago. From the moment you walk in you're made to feel welcome, well taken care of, and treated to wonderful food, great surroundings, and attentive service. The owners, Franco & Nancy, just know how to do it right. We love it! Speaking of which, every time we've brought friends there, they tell us how much they loved it too. Go. PS: They have a full bar. A rarity among most Italian restaurants in the area.
- Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2014While not a "special occasion" venue, it was a perfect place to meet good friends and enjoy a very delicious and generous dinner with delightful service at a reasonable price. Will definitely return.
- Excellent, but NoisyCharmboyDined on 5/3/2014Food was great, the $28 specials are amazing-soup or salad, pasta, main course, and dessert--all items were dec lisous, and all items for under $30 is a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2014Love this intimate family-own restaurant. White table cloths and napkins, excellent service, friendly and experienced staff and outstanding food! wide variety on the menu, all reasonably priced with generous portions. We've eaten here for years, either as a last minute night out or with a larger group. We're always happy and satisfied.Special Features:
- YUM!foodieDined on 4/11/2014As usual, Pastina did not disappoint...we took some friends there who had not been there before. They loved the food, service, and menu choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BeautifulviewDined on 3/29/2014They have a prix fixed menu. Great options. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place where you can wineSqueegeelaVIPDined on 3/29/2014A place where you can wine and dine and NOT feel hurried.Special Features:
- Italian Food for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Pastina serves delicious Italian fare in a place that buzzes with happy diners. The noise level is higher than we like, but it's worth putting up with for the happiness that our taste buds enjoyed.Special Features:
- Family Gatheringlove2danceDined on 3/22/2014It was cozy and the food was terrific. When the restaurant filled up past 7:00pm or so on a Saturday the noise level did reach a little high for me. The atmosphere was authentic italian along with the dishes served and portions were sizable enough. Charming and delicious. :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent overallscottyDined on 3/15/2014Can't believe the poor reception upon arrival with "greeter" not being able to find our res. even though handing him the res printout. Waitress wanted to take order immediately without ever giving us the specials of the evening. Never returned to fill up the water glasses and of course became chatty prior to bringing the bill. Food portions greartly reduced and quality not usual of Pastina.
- Wonderful prix fixe lunchCCMomVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food is wonderful, whether "a deal" or at the reasonable, regular menu price. But the lunch special (3 courses for $15.95) is impossible to beat. The two of us enjoyed their delicious bread/olive oil with 1) white bean soup, spaghetti and meatballs and almond cookies and 2) caesar salad, eggplant parmesan, and flourless chocolate cake. There are several other appetizing choices we'll have to try another time. The service is attentive and friendly, and this is a lovely room where the noise level is quiet enough to have a good conversation. It's a hidden gem along Westwood Blvd between Olympic and the Westwood Pavilion.Special Features:
- Great Date NightNickDined on 3/7/2014Made a reservation online a couple days in advance. Table was ready when we got there (10 min. early) and we were seated immediately. I had a salad, beef ravioli (daily special) and coffee. Another waiter also brought us a tiramisu on the house which was the best I have ever had. I highly recommend it. The restaurant was very busy (Friday night at 7pm) but staff was continually checking to see if we needed anything. We also sat for a while after dessert with no one rushing to leave. The ambiance was romantic but attire was casual. We were more dressed up but didn't feel out of place. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2014Love the prix fix and the wonderfully attentive service!Special Features:
- Splendid experience!SherylVIPDined on 2/14/2014Everything is splendid here - food, service and ambiance. Just wish it were a bit quieter for visiting but still not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the waiters were extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2014the waiters were extremely busy for a tuesday night. they kept asking us if we were ready to order then moved on to another table before we had time to respond. as soon as we got our orders in, things ran a little more smoothly. great wine for $30/bottle. my fiancé and i both did the prie fixe menu, a salad, small appetizer pasta, entree and dessert for $25.95. everything was delicious. i ended up taking my entire entree home because there was so much food. this spot is one of the better italian venues on the west side, reasonably priced quality food. will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodHungryDined on 2/11/2014The food here was very good but not great. Not very imaginative. The downside was the service. I had barely sat down when I was asked what I wanted to drink. Same happened to my friends when they arrived. It's cheesy and annoying.Special Features: