1043 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pastavino.com/
- Phone: 3039558791
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Flagiello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering and delivery are available, please call with inquiries.
- Entertainment: Wine dinner and events to be announced.
A word from PASTAVINO
PASTAVINO is a simple, organic Italian restaurant in Boulder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PASTAVINO reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delightful!BitesyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very pleasant dining experience! We were greeted warmly by a friendly hostess. Food was delicious. Salads are large and packed with healthy ingredients. Pasta is fresh and tasty. Our wait staff were charming and helpful. Looking forward to returning. This place should really catch on!Special Features:
- Not good for large groupsdiner1234Dined on 10/4/2014We were a party of 8 on a Saturday night and it appeared that the kitchen was not able to handle our orders in a timely way. The pasta dishes were ready waaay before the meat dishes. Those of us who ordered pasta received plates of tepid pasta that had congealed as the dish cooled. I think my dish would have been tasty had it been hot. The meat dishes were more of a success. Also, on one drink order, it took more than 10 minutes to get a glass of wine and a beer. Pastavino did have a good vibe. The decor and ambiance were fun, but I don't think I'd go back for dinner on a weekend. Maybe a table of two during the week when they are not so busy would be ok, but with so many good choices in Boulder, I don't know why I would.Special Features:
- The meal was lackingLMW20Dined on 9/20/2014I have eaten here a number of times over the last few months. It is always easy to get in and get good appetizers and a glass of wine. This was my first full meal. Poor service and the food was strictly average, and below average for Boulder.
- BostonBostonDined on 9/19/2014Was a little over priced as serving sizes were very small. They ran out of the dish I ordered and waiter was not aware, so that was disappointing. It was good but not great!
- timing of service was offOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The menu looked great and the flavors were nice, but the kitchen timing was off and our dishes arrived too quickly. I had a sip of my cocktail and my appetizer arrived, then the main course when I was only halfway finished with the app. They ended up taking the main dish back to the warmer where it sat for the 15 minutes I took to finish my first plate. At these prices I expect better than congealed butter and cold broccoli.
- DisappointedBitesyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been here before and usually the food is creative and delicious. We were starting to tell our friends it was the best happy hour menu in town and some have come with us. We were disappointed to arrive for our reservation and feel like we had to argue with the hostess to get an agreeable seat. Our waiter was very good and competent, one of the few people there who understands how to create a good experience for the customer. Sad that the usual happy hour menu was not available because of Parents' Week-end: don't CU parents (or loyal locals) deserve an hour to be happy? The "special menu" just seemed overpriced. Our out-of-town guest was not impressed with the quality or value. Not the way to build and keep a loyal following.Special Features:
- 5 stars says it allOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014excellente! really good modern italian food. just the way you find it in italy.Special Features:
- Average ItalianpikaDined on 9/5/2014I was looking forward to eating here with my wife and 3 friends because they serve a papperdelle al cingiale (wild boar) which I have had several times in Tuscany. The food was good but not exceptional. The service was lazy and the waiter was less than attentiveSpecial Features:
- SO much better than expectedSunandswimVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a party of 8, 4 kids and 4 adults. Everyone loved their food and the wine was wonderful. I would go back to try more options on the menu. Kale salad was outstanding!Special Features:
- DanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I have rarely been in a restaurant serving quality food like this in such dire need of retraining their staff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014service was awful as we were not even introduced to our server. The food was good but the dinning experience made the food at best sub par. Was very disappointed as this use to be a fantastic place to dine. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KatieMVIPDined on 8/15/2014Even our daughter who detests Italian food LOVES PastaVino! Menu seems to change seasonally and is always delicious. Fresh pastas, the owner is usually there and attentive, along with a great staff. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Great time with great food!joebean7Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner was incredible with authentic Italian food, real pasta with an unforgettable taste. All in all, we loved it. The atmosphere was great, service was wonderful, and the food was out standing. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place with good food, and relatively big portions for the price. Also the bread was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Italian FareGSharpMajorDined on 8/13/2014Nothing outstanding here for the price. The back half of the restaurant was sealed off by a curtain for a business dinner, judging by the # of guys trooping in, in single file. The thin curtain did not cordon off the boisterous group, though. And, the waitstaff was not increased to handle the large group (30+ diners?). So, we waited a long time between courses and for our check. Nobody's fault except the general manager's for not hiring a dedicated waitstaff for the biz group. Judging from their waistlines as they paraded past our table, they were big eaters, too. All in all, Pastavino is a tourist trap, probably enjoyed by those with a bland palate.Special Features:
- JenniferHeavenlyDined on 8/5/2014So so experience. Disinterested waitstaff; average food; very little charm; not relaxing
- Great meal! Casual & stillspecial.SusiqVIPDined on 7/31/2014The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations. The food was amazing! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent!disappointedVIPDined on 7/9/2014Unusual dishes with great tasting broths and seasonings. We are going to try their Happy Hour the next time we go.Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the PASTAVINO reviews archive.
- Definitely worth tryingVioletVIPDined on 6/26/2014I really enjoyed the food and appreciated the portion size of the large plates. I definitely didn't leave feeling hungry. The happy hour appetizer specials are really fantastic. I highly suggest trying the mussels. The only complaint I had was that when we were first seated there was a lot of smokiness from the kitchen. I inquired and was told it was due to something they were making in the wood fire grill. Luckily this passed. Other than that, I definitely had a good experience and would go back again.Special Features:
- Great place!lfigallDined on 6/25/2014Love this place! I have been here many times and the food is great and the service is excellent. Not to mention it's in walking distance from my house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- variableubercriticj1Dined on 6/22/2014I think that WHEN you go to Pastavino might be the clue. Ie, . do not not right after a big crowd has been there, or a night or day when chef off duty. We did not have a god experience with the food or the service. It is great space, the wine is excellent, and with time, should get better, I would think.Special Features:
- a little sadhoussieVIPDined on 6/21/2014My fave restaurant has succumbed to the tastes of young Boulder and I lose. But it is OK - I understand these changes are necessary in order to stay in business in this crazy market. Everyone has to shift to the ever-present "GF". But I miss the pasta di giorno, the arugula salad, the interesting bread basket. Food is still great and I love the place.Special Features:
- Downtown Boulder Findcynful1Dined on 6/21/2014PastaVino's food is delicious and the wine list impressive. We enjoyed Happy Hour with delectable small plates and a bottle of Tuscan Cabernet Sauvignon. The desserts and Grappa were great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like saltFoodieVIPDined on 6/19/2014Pasta was fresh and good, but too salty for the our entrees (crab in cream sauce and seafood in cream sauce.)
- MediocreneverfollowVIPDined on 6/15/2014Service was poor and the food was not that great. I have dated here before the standard has definitely gone down.
- very deliciousswoopDined on 6/7/2014We had always heard about this restaurant, and finally went here. We were not disappointed. A new take on Italian - and yummy! We'll be returning for sure.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedsommelierDined on 6/5/2014I ordered this: Sfogliata alle Capesante (gfo) 18 wide thin pasta layered with sea scallops, spinach, leeks and mushrooms, light cream sauce. It sounds like I was getting a fair amount of sea scallops. Upon eating it, I think there was only one sea scallop cut up into pencil head eraser size pieces. It was delicious food, but for the money, I think there should have been larger and definitely more scallops. I liked the fact that it was organic though. They have an extensive wine list. The waiter was quite helpful in their recommendation for a wine since I am for sure not familiar with wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to fairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Seems to have gone downhill since opening. Food very good. Service ok. Prices too high for portion sizeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Westward81Dined on 5/29/2014After reading some other not very flattering reviews, we were a bit reluctant to try Pastavino. But we're glad we did! The food was excellent, as was the service, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food,wonderful serviceSuzeDined on 5/25/2014This was our first time at Pastavino and we loved it. To start with, the ambience is so interesting. They have done a great job of making this place have good energy...old brick walls, combined with very contemporary look. BUT, on to the food and the service. We had the bolognese and the lamb. Both were excellent. The lamb was perfectly done, with some tasty veggies on the side. My husband could not get enough of the bolognese. We wanted to pair a wine with our meal, so our waitress fetched Corrado, who asked several questions to understand our tastes/budget, and a few minutes later came back with a bottle of wine that was perfect for our meal and delicious ! It was a great experience for us and we will definitely go back here.Special Features:
- worst service everLetsgooutVIPDined on 5/25/2014We will not return to this restaurant. The service was very poor. After we were seated, they actually called our cell phone to ask us if we intended to show up for our reservation. The waitress and staff were very unfriendly. Acted like they were doing you a favor to wait on you. We had to ask for bread 3 times, finally got it half way through the meal. This was after the waitress acted like she would bring bread right out after we ordered. Then we asked for salt and pepper and they brought us a pepper shaker that was empty and no salt. To make a long story short, this is how the evening went. The food was just okay. Nothing to write home about.
- Good food, decent atmospheredineallovertheUSDined on 5/23/2014PastaVino has great food (but a little expensive for the portion size). However, there were a lot of unruly kids and the waitresses were more interested in snapchatting with the kids than asking if we needed more water. The music was also very loud paired with the children.Special Features:
- Service doesn't justify the priceServerAndGuestVIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was good and the ambiance was visually appealing but extremely loud throughout restaraunt. The food runner was personable and informed but the rest of the staff, especially the server, need extensive training and direction from management.
- PastavinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The good was mediocre and the service was poor at best. Also. I was a bit surprised by the high prices for food that was just okay.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchHyacinthCourtDined on 5/11/2014Their version of eggs Benedict with prosciutto was heavenly. The raspberry jam was unique with tiny bit cinnamon (?) and a big hit. Brioche buns a bit over done. My 85 year old dad was able to order just scrambled eggs and they graciously made him this that was not on the menu. They were delicious. This restaurant has only done brunch two times, once on Easter and then on Mothers Day. They did a great job and I am sure they will only get more perfect in the future. The staff were all a pleasure. I am not sure how the noise level Ratings work but it was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturdaynightdinner510Dined on 5/10/2014I was very surprised as how expensive everything was. I had been here before and was very pleased however, I think you are pricing yourselves out of the market. I am from "back east" 27 years ago and am still looking for a nice, reasonably prices neighborhood restaurant to go to frequently - unfortunately this will not be it! Food was great however, but the service was not.Special Features:
- My night outIlikegoodfoodDined on 5/10/2014I was really excited to dine here, having lived in Italy for quite some time, and to experience authentic food. However, it was abysmal. How can you justify serving cinghaile pappardelle and risotto for $24 each? If anything, those dishes should cost $12 and $9, respectively. I would understand the outrageous prices if the dishes were spectacular but sadly, they were mediocre and tired. My anniversary dinner was definitely nothing special and I'll unfortunately never return. Maybe lower the prices or try something more innovative in Italian cuisine. Also, the water we were served was lukewarm. Is your refrigeration unit broken? Honestly, we would have had better food at Olive Garden and this coming from someone whose lived in Tuscany.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014a taste of italy in boulder! really great food impeccably prepared. reminds me of the little places in the italian countryside. farm fresh and delicious, a must when you are in boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kreviewsDined on 4/26/2014Nice restaurant on Pearl Street - in the middle of the action. Good pasta dishes and pizzas. Owner owner/chef were very kind and welcoming for our family celebration.Special Features:
- Food service and tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We found the wait staff very friendly and helpful; service was timely. We ordered the pasta and clams, pizza, and a chicken dish. All were flavorful, but not overpowering. Enjoyed our meal, and friendliness of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/21/2014After a 27 minute wait the 1st app arrived and the artichokes tasted like plastic, you could not tear them apart using your fingers, overcooked and inedible. The Kale was greasy and burnt. V ery disappointing.