Pasta Primavera Cafe & Bar - Walnut Creek
2997 N Main St
Walnut Creek, CA 94597Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pasta Primavera Cafe & Bar - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pastaprimaverawalnutcreek.com/
- Phone: 9259307774x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 12:00pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jesus Navaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pasta Primavera Cafe & Bar - Walnut Creek
Pasta Primavera Walnut Creek offers excellent food and courteous service in a casual and elegant contemporary Italian atmosphere.Continued
We believe in consistency and quality. Our attitude of “Going with the Flow” has kept us in business for almost twenty years.
We believe in consistency and quality. Our attitude of “Going with the Flow” has kept us in business for almost twenty years.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Primavera Cafe & Bar - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great for a date!ZaguinhoEastBayerDined on 10/10/2014Went out for the first time on a date with my wife after our 2nd baby. Great food, wine, atmosphere, service. Couldn't ask for anything else. Loved it and we'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKimmyj62Dined on 9/25/2014We got there early, so parking was available. Service was a bit spotty. Waiter was nice, but I has to flag him down multiple times. Food was okay. Nothing special. FYI- ice tea came from the soda machine...YUCK. too many other places to choose from to go back anytime soon.
- Superb Steamed ClamsShogunDined on 9/17/2014This is the place for yummy steamed clams, in a broth that is delicious, too. Pasta Primavera brings the meaning of a neighborhood gem to reality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Food was plentiful and good; service was attentive; music was too loud (contemporary Italian pop). But still recommend it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good priceJulieJVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a nice place to visit when i am here on business. Friendly staff and good choices.Special Features:
- Great for munch or dinner2marcopolosDined on 8/7/2014Love this restaurant, neighborhood gem. Food is great with wonderful service. Had their seafood mix pasta prepared perfectly. Husband had their veal piccata and swis it was tender and flavorful. Very nice wine selection. Overall great lunch or dinner spot, with good variety and reasonable price point. Definitely recommend. Only con is the parking, which is very limited so you might have to park around the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHealthyEpicureanVIPDined on 7/22/2014Yum yum yum. Love the Caesar Salad. Fun Drinks. You've got to get the calamari appetizer, its not deep fried, its sauteed in garlic and lemon. We love all the pasta & chicken & seafood dishes. Even my picky eater son said, "I like how they do their spinach".Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our evening here. The calamari appetizer is great. The pasta dishes are made well and the prices can't be beatSpecial Features:
- Awesome!!RebeccaWCDined on 7/18/2014We had a great time - food was wonderful and the service amazing. There were three of us, my son and my friend. My friend had not been there before and had questions about the food preparation - the server was extremely knowledgeable and answered all her questions. We wanted to share a salad, and they served it on two separate plates - no questions asked. The entrees were a little slow, but it's because everything is made from scratch. Besides, we were having such a good time, we hardly noticed. Also, my son had sprained his ankle and was on crutches. They were so accommodating and helpful. They even stored his crutches & brought them to him when we were done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014It was good but we had to waited 45 minutes for our food.
- 5 year anniversaryRickeyDined on 7/11/2014it was our 5 year anniversary and this is where I took my bride to be for our first dinner. The manager made a special effort to give us a wonderful table and always great service. The bottle of champagne was a nice touch too! thanks!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to bemangiamoDined on 7/3/2014I dont know what happened to this restaurant, it used to be really good. I went with a group of friends recently after I hadent been in awhile and it was terrible. I ordered a Mojito as a coctail and everyone else ordered beer. By the time the waitress brought my drink everyone else was already half done with their beers, it really shouldnt have taken that long. Then the drink was bright green! They mixed in some weird artificial spearmint flavoring that made it taste like a pack of gum with no alcohol. I then ordered the salmon risotto, what I got was broiled unseasoned salmon over white rice with cheese. I was not happy that I payed $17 for such bland food. I hope this place can get back to the caliber of food it used to have.Special Features:
- A fine experience, as usualShogunDined on 7/3/2014I enjoy this restaurant, as do my friends. We have dined here for years. The culture is that of a place earnestly seeking to please. The food is always excellent, and any occasional service hiccups are promptly fixed. This is a neighborhood gem that would excel anywhere - yet a pleasure to have so near.Special Features:
- Pongee13VIPDined on 6/25/2014Visited for a business lunch and ordered a Cobb Salad with salmon. Salmon was overcooked but waitress offered to replace it. Second round was better. Service was very good but food was okay. Not the same quality as it was several years ago.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Pasta Primavera Cafe & Bar - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- Great place!JD123Dined on 6/21/2014Pasta Primavera is a delicious restaurant. Food is great, portions are large, service is prompt, and restaurant is clean. Been coming here for years and will definitely continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatKristieVVIPDined on 6/20/2014We always liked this place, but hadn't been here for several years. The dining room is very attractive and the ambiance is fun. Everyone seemed to be having a good time! Our server was very helpful and actually brought us tastes of four different red wines to help us make our choice. We started with the bruschetta with tomatoes which was delicious. Our party of three shared three different pasta dishes and they were all superb. Our server was happy to accommodate family style service. Love that they still have the jar of Jelly Bellys on they way out. We will return sooner next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy To Miss....HontogakiVIPDined on 6/15/2014Located on a very busy street that is literally a freeway offramp; Pasta Primavera Café is easy to miss!! The menu appears to be "standard fare"; however, the way they prepare classics is very different in a positive way!!! The braised lamb shank special and carbonara were outstanding; the calamari was sautéed, not fried thus extremely tender and flavorful; butternut squash ravioli will bring me back again!!! A truly incredible dining experience that I only wished I had discovered years ago!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its been betterJebettDined on 6/14/2014We love the neighborhood gem but this time things could have been better. 1. It took a very long time for our entrees to come out and when they did they were lukewarm at best. The veal was aslo very tough. 2. I asked for cheese to put on top off my entree and the young man never came back. 3. Waitress kind of forgot about us outside so I couldn't take by entree back to be rewarmed. Seem to be an off night.Special Features:
- Great Sauce & MusselsmusselloversDined on 6/7/2014This is our favorite East Bay Italian Restaurant. Their red sauce is excellent and the mussels are outstanding. All the pasta dishes are excellent. The italian style rib-eye steak over pasta with the red sauce is a winner.Special Features:
- Dinner at Pasta PrimaveraLoves2eatoutVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a great place for an Italian dinner. The food is inexpensive but good. They have a private room that looks like it would seat a dozen people and would be great for a family celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Very attentive service, with tasteful food. Nice place for family birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeGuestDined on 5/24/2014Had our son's grad lunch here. We had a private room for 12. Service and food were excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceHealthyEpicureanVIPDined on 5/11/2014We've been coming here for years. The menu is expansive. For years, we only ordered (and very much enjoyed) the pasta dishes & the caesar salad. Recently, we've been branching out, enjoying the kababs & this amazing coconut dish (shrimp, chicken & rice noodles, not deep fried) that is not at all Italian, but its just fantastic. There are also healthy alternatives here! Whole wheat pasta. Kabobs over veggies instead of over rice. Also, if you don't like something, they'll change it. When I ask them to not use bell peppers, they don't use bell peppers. The cocktails are so much fun. I'm not much of a drinker, and I've never looked at the cocktail list, but they will make you anything you are in the mood for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is decliningDizEorDined on 5/11/2014We have been coming here for years and the food continues to be excellent. Our last few visits though, the service has been very slow. Seems to be plenty fo staff but the manager seems to spend a lot of time talking to them in a group rather than ensure service is happening. Hope it will improve because we do enjoy the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic!Food2LoveDined on 4/25/2014Pasta Primavera has been around for as long as I can remember. I've enjoyed meals at the Walnut Creek and the Concord locations but this was my first visit back in three years just because I no longer work near either locations. The service is attentive and the food is delicious and fairly priced. Our waitperson was happy to accommodate our request to modify our entrees to gluten/wheat-free versions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandEDined on 4/18/2014We dine here frequently. The food is wonderful, especially the spaghetti and ravioli dishes, which are our favorites. The service is always outstanding; the wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. Definitely a great place for a quiet meal or for a large group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantManfieldDined on 3/19/2014Dined there with a date around 6:30 on a Wednesday night. Although I made a reservation, it wasn't required as we were seated right away, although the restaurant was fairly busy. The service was excellent from start to finish. Our server told us about the nightly specials, and seemed to know the wine list very well. The food arrived promptly and was delicious, and the tiramisu we shared was excellent. The restaurant is nowhere near downtown Walnut Creek, it is in a neighborhood just off I-680 and Treat Blvd. It's easy to find, and it has its own free parking. Pasta Primavera is a great neighborhood Italian restaurant, I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- A fine experience, as usualShogunDined on 3/17/2014This is a favorite haunt. The food is excellent and the service sincere. There are those moments when flaws arise, like watching an empty coffee cup after the check has cleared but guests are still dining. Hailing down a wait person or busboy solves the issue, but it subtracts points. Guests are to be watched until they exit the establishment for perfection. This is only mentioned to help this favorite establishment gain more of those who love a good meal, enjoy a quiet atmosphere, and want Pasta Primavera to prosper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were surprised that weOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2014we were surprised that we were given the private room. it was a special treat!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsMuncherVIPDined on 2/28/2014We remember the good food so we went back. Food quality was still good but service was slow due to the crowd there. We will go back to this place. Convenient parking at front & back of restaurant.Special Features:
- Never againTombitaDined on 2/14/2014The wait for food was too long over an hour. The food itself horrible "microwaved" pasta with flavorless sauce .. Bread was Safeway French bread that was warmed up in oven. Food bad- service bad-ambiance- bad.
- Bad Valentine's day dinnerTonyDined on 2/14/2014We got there early than the 8pm appointment so the hostess wouldn't seat us because she said we're early. Then by 8pm we got seated we were already starving! We were being offered all kinds of appetizers and was told by our waitress that the kitchen is behind. We weren't offered bread or anything until we ask. We were being push to order appetizers instead. Now the worst part we waiting for over an hour to get our food, by that time we already eat almost two service of bread. We lost our appetite by then and just decided to have some of the food we ordered to be brought home. I will never go back here on Valentine's day.
- Great jobRickDined on 2/14/2014Wend for Valentines Day dinner and had a great experience. Great food and great service. Try the calamari - a steak version - really great.Special Features:
- Was ignored for 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014We were not acknowledged for 15 min. We got up to leave and the manager apologized. I decided to give them one chance. Food. Appetizer was calamari. Over sauced and not fresh. Entree was oversauced and not tasty. I asked for freshly grated Parmesan and half of it landed on my lap. The only redeeming thing was the gelato.
- poor service, mediocre food & drinkRobbyVIPDined on 1/31/2014I was immediately seated. I arrived ahead of my wife so ordered cocktails and bruschetta. When she arrived 10 minutes later, we awaited the cocktails and bruschetta for yet another 10 minutes. Cocktails were watered down & not cold. We never got the bruschetta. I ordered soup of the day with my main course. I never got the soup. My wife enjoyed her pasta carbonara. My main course -- veal saltimbocca on penne pasta -- was hot but pedestrian in approach, okay but not remarkable. Of course, the check came with a charge for the undelivered soup -- a charge which, fortunately, our server removed without hesitation. We had not visited this restaurant in a while. I think it will likely be a while before we return, I'm sad to say.
- CUSTOMER SERVICEtsteofwineDined on 1/28/2014Usual spot for account lunch " be more attentive to guest- saw one guest storm out because he was never acknowledged . Our group was more patient due to chatting. But- quicker service would have been betterSpecial Features:
- Romantic dinner before dancing TangRickeyDined on 1/10/2014Wonderful night out before going out to Tango!! We "LOVE" this place, always great food! Good service. Parking is Always a challege but worth finding a spot...maybe down the street, near the church. AND leave room for their Tiramisu!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, pleasant atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2014Great food, pleasant atmosphere, although they need to spruce the place up a little bit. Seems like the appearance is going down hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DiscoveryMuncherVIPDined on 12/14/2013Was driving by when we chanced upon this restaurant which I remember coming across on OpenTable. It was a great find! The food was awesome, service was attentive & efficient. Everyone in the restaurant was relaxed & enjoying the ambience & food. We eat out a lot & are always on the hunt for great food joints. This one is on our 'must-visit-again' list.Special Features:
- Awesome food!KatypDined on 12/10/2013PP is still one of the best little secrets in town. The food is fantastic and the restaurant is appreciatively quiet. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone who wants a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.