12 E Ogden Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89101-2943Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecal.com/dine/pasta-pirate
- Phone: 7023851222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Gries
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Pasta Pirate
The Pasta Pirate beautifully captures the essence of an old cannery, and is the perfect spot to dine on some succulent fresh seafood. The Pasta Pirate features display-style cooking over a mesquite grill and serves a variety of fish, mouth-watering crab legs, succulent lobster and taste-tempting, tender steaks accompanied by homemade pasta and sauces. Join us for dinner in our uniquely styled room, fashioned after an old cannery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pasta Pirate - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pasta Pirate reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (16)romantic (10)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Hurry before they close for goodvegasDined on 10/16/2014Second time eating here in 2 weeks. Had the shrimp scampi but only 4 shrimp! Dionnico was a great server. Hurry cuz they are closing their doors after 30 years to renovate and make it some sort of mulri Asian noodle shop. What a disappointment considering the number of noodle places in the area. Doors close on 10/26/14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and reasonableTazerDined on 10/15/2014we were very happy with the food and price but very sad to hear it is closing down the 24th of OctSpecial Features:
- An Excellent eveningPaivaDined on 10/8/2014A very good experience...We were seated at a nice table...all the booths were taken..should have requested a booth to begin with..no problem. We had a very good waiter..handled all our needs..very attentive..but not overwhelming. The bread was excellent..salad was adequate...but the entree was excellent, very tasty..not too hot, but just right...Did not have any coffee or desert, we were too full..Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindurichbjDined on 10/3/2014The place is a really interesting find. It wouldn't seem like a nice place, but it has awesome food and an interesting ambiance. The lights are dim and red making for a relaxing vibe. Wine comes with dinner. They don't have an extensive wine list, but the red was good enough for me. I ordered the 12 oz sirloin with risotto, which was fabulous. They also include soup or salad with dinner along with great bread and garlic butter to start the dinner off. The soup is tomato based with octopus, which I would recommend steering clear of. This place is also very reasonably priced. My sirloin was only $17 with the wine, soup and bread it made it worth it!Special Features:
- happy diner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014food was good as usual. value priced and relaxing,casual atmosphere. waitress forgot our wine. had to remind her during our salad course. every thing after that was fine.Special Features:
- Delicious Seafood & PastaGeriDined on 9/26/2014Great option to the Strip restaurants, Pasta Pirate offered delicious linguine & seafood for a reasonable price. Very friendly staff. Would go back.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerBluepointinSDDined on 9/25/2014This is a casino restaurant in downtown LV. We chose it because it is very close to the Fremont St. Experience light show and for the good reviews it has received. We enjoyed a filet mignon and prawns, and a chioppino. Both entrees were very good. The prices were surprisingly moderate. Best value we found while spending four days in LV.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Don't let the name fool you -- it's not just pasta! Although their pasta is great with a tasty sauce, it can also be a side dish (if you choose) with your steak or steak & lobster or other meat/seafood dishes! The food is very good -- a must try is the apple dumpling desert -- it is amazing (best rum sauce I have ever tasted)! The atmosphere is cozy, but simple with a view to the chef's making your dinner. We enjoyed great service and a delicious meal that was extremely inexpensive!Special Features:
- New gem found!vegasDined on 9/25/2014A great but busy restaurant. Seafood soup, Calamari and Cajon Orange Roughy with linguini were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be sorry!ShannonDined on 9/25/2014We always love the Pasta Pirate and it is a regular stop for us on every trip to Las Vegas. This time was for my husband's 50th birthday with a group of six.... we had the best time! You get a lot of delicious food for a good price and a great atmosphere. We always request Beatrice as our waitress as she is fabulous!Special Features:
- Don't Change!JenJenVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were excellent as always. Fresh food cooked to perfection. Attentive wait staff. Enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long standing FavoriteHappyDined on 9/17/2014Always try to stop here when in town. Great food and service. Truly a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunLasVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent with friendly service. Received a lot for your moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucky diner 70.luckydiner70Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, excellent service, friendly people. Nice quiet table. Waitress was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FudgeFudgeDined on 9/6/2014The wait staff was very attentive and friendly, everything you want them to be and more.Special Features:
- Best in DowntownMegabucksVIPDined on 9/4/2014This was the second visit to Pasta Pirate on the same trip and our server, Lazlo, has made our dinner experience wanting to return every time! We always ask for Lazlo because of his superb service and recommend him to our friends also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Server LazloMegabucksVIPDined on 8/28/2014We always make it a point to have dinner at Pasta Pirate on our vacations to Las Vegas the ambiance is serene and pleasant, the food is excellent for the price and the best was our server Lazlo, who always comes thru to make our dining experience wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dining for 2.WIKIDDined on 8/28/2014We were seated immediately and waited on right away. We had ample time to finish our salads, and some of Pasta Pirates complimentary bread with seasoned butter. Very tasty. The main courses were good too. Try it, you will like it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014asked for a table when arrived they only had a booth had to wait 40min from my reservation time
- Excellent food and service!JenJenVIPDined on 8/16/2014Filet and lobster were cooked to perfection.. Our food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Food was not that great. We had the shrimp and clams appetizer which had way too much lemon. It was almost sour. My clams linguine tasted burnt.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerStatsDined on 8/9/2014Food and service were great. The filet and lobster were a great value and the service from Beatrix was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicioushjatDined on 7/23/2014Good food, modest pricing, free glass of wine (chablis, burgundy or rose). My sister-in-law dreams about the fish soup (too spicey for my delicate palate); I love the honey french salad dressing. Filet steak is fork tender, seafood is always cooked to perfection. Very popular place, tables always full, always a waiting line-up ~ reservations recommended. Opens at 5:30 p.m.; closed Mondays & Tuesdays; but, Redwood Grill next door (fine dining and pricier) is exquisite as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!!Gr8eatsDined on 7/12/2014I've been coming here for more than 10 years. Everytime I go to Las Vegas, I stop by the pasta pirate to eat. Everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!JenJenVIPDined on 7/9/2014I ordered the filet and lobster. filet was cooked as ordered. lobster was tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and the Theater11luvnlifeDined on 6/29/2014Dined before The Book of Mormon at The Smith Center. Resv. for 5:30 p.m., seated immediately. Our server, Beatriz, was as friendly and nice as could be. I had the chef's creation, blackened red snapper with roasted potatoes, broccoli, salad, bread with fantastic flavored butter, and a glass of wine, $17. OMG, it was soooooo good. My husband had the filet with prawns, roasted potatoes and broccoli, the bread and butter, their fabulous seafood soup, and a glass of wine, $17. He said it was perfect. No room for dessert, but they had lots to choose from. Got our check and was out of there by 6:20 p.m. Couldn't ask for a better meal and certainly cant complain about the service or price. Wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerhiking1013Dined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the wine as excellent (served at no charge with the meal). Our waiter was outstanding. This was out first time here although we eat at the Main Street Station a few times a month. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Whenever is Las Vegas. Have to come to Pasta Pirate. It's the best! Worth every penny. We have been coming here now for a few years and never a disappointment. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service Great FoodSeafoodJunkiDined on 6/25/2014The service was great. Never was my glass or my friends glasses ever empty. The food was really good but it wasn't hot, more like luke warm. But it still tasted great. My Filet was a little more well than I liked. I wanted medium well. There was plenty of food for the price and none of walked away hungry. Thank goodness that we had reservations at 5:30pm or we wouldn't have been able to get in to eat until around 8:30pm. Overrall I would recommend to every one, the service out weighed the warm food and could have only been a fluke thing since there was a party of 20 being served next to us. We didn't feel crowded, there was plenty of room at our tables for our birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Pasta Pirate reviews archive.
- Very good. Will return.patriarch5Dined on 6/22/2014I have been there many times and it's still one of my favorite places. We had a party of 6 this time and everyone really enjoyed the meal & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entresfd4thawtDined on 6/21/2014Shrimp scampi was excellent. My wife's rib eye steak was not to her liking. The cut and taste was more favorable on a previous occasion. I love my German wines. There should be a better wine list for this selection. Overall, we'll be back to try your other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep going back!JenJenVIPDined on 6/21/2014cold,crisp greens. perfectly grilled salmon. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceFavoriteDined on 6/15/2014Pasta Pirate is a favorite of ours. The food is consistently good. Great value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysJenJenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food, attentive service, excellent valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- VickilocalnightoutDined on 6/7/2014When we arrived we were immediately seated. We were given water and bread. It did take some time for our server to get to us. There was a large group they were waiting on as well as at least 3 other tables. Once we were waited on we could not be more pleased with the service. Very polite and attentive to what we wanted. Restaurant was clean and inviting. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menunu2LVDined on 6/7/2014You know those restaurants that has a limited menu but one that contains all your favorites? Neither dd I until I visited the Pasta Pirates @ 12 Ogden St. downtown Las Vegas. Both the appetizer and the entrees menu contained all my favorites. I thought I would have to order one of each but my better sense limited it. My wife had the Mixed Seafood mixed in Lemon Basil with Linguine while I had the restaurants signature dish of Fillet and Lobster. These dishes with a starter of Calamari Fritta were excellent. The hotel is on the corner and parking costs $5 but is reimbursed at the cashiers cage with receipts for parking and the restaurant recommended but be prepared for an old fashioned Italian decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Away to long!ron4342Dined on 5/30/2014We had eaten at Pasta Pirate when it just opened. We had gotten away from our visits. I am sure we will once more put it back on the list.Special Features:
- CullyCullyDined on 5/28/2014I ordered the Filet Mignon/Lobster Tail combo, which was very good. The seafood soup that came with the meal was not to my taste at all. Rice came with the entrée & that was "gummy". The carrot cake was very good, but I think $7 for a slice of it is rather high, regardless of the six layers in each slice.
- PattiDined on 5/24/2014Food is good. Service is excellent. Prices are good, need to go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DinearoundDined on 5/23/2014For a restaurant inside of a casino this restaurant is a hidden gem! My husband and I spent a week in Las Vegas - stumbled on the restaurant the first time then, made a special trip when we went the second time. We had fish and pasta dishes both times we were there and didn't have a thing we would not re-order another time.Special Features: