12 E Ogden Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89101-2943Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecal.com/dine/pasta-pirate
- Phone: 7023851222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Gries
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Pasta Pirate
The Pasta Pirate beautifully captures the essence of an old cannery, and is the perfect spot to dine on some succulent fresh seafood. The Pasta Pirate features display-style cooking over a mesquite grill and serves a variety of fish, mouth-watering crab legs, succulent lobster and taste-tempting, tender steaks accompanied by homemade pasta and sauces. Join us for dinner in our uniquely styled room, fashioned after an old cannery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pasta Pirate - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pasta Pirate reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)special occasion (13)romantic (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014asked for a table when arrived they only had a booth had to wait 40min from my reservation time
- Excellent food and service!JenJenVIPDined on 8/16/2014Filet and lobster were cooked to perfection.. Our food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Food was not that great. We had the shrimp and clams appetizer which had way too much lemon. It was almost sour. My clams linguine tasted burnt.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerStatsDined on 8/9/2014Food and service were great. The filet and lobster were a great value and the service from Beatrix was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicioushjatDined on 7/23/2014Good food, modest pricing, free glass of wine (chablis, burgundy or rose). My sister-in-law dreams about the fish soup (too spicey for my delicate palate); I love the honey french salad dressing. Filet steak is fork tender, seafood is always cooked to perfection. Very popular place, tables always full, always a waiting line-up ~ reservations recommended. Opens at 5:30 p.m.; closed Mondays & Tuesdays; but, Redwood Grill next door (fine dining and pricier) is exquisite as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!!Gr8eatsDined on 7/12/2014I've been coming here for more than 10 years. Everytime I go to Las Vegas, I stop by the pasta pirate to eat. Everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!JenJenVIPDined on 7/9/2014I ordered the filet and lobster. filet was cooked as ordered. lobster was tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and the Theater11luvnlifeDined on 6/29/2014Dined before The Book of Mormon at The Smith Center. Resv. for 5:30 p.m., seated immediately. Our server, Beatriz, was as friendly and nice as could be. I had the chef's creation, blackened red snapper with roasted potatoes, broccoli, salad, bread with fantastic flavored butter, and a glass of wine, $17. OMG, it was soooooo good. My husband had the filet with prawns, roasted potatoes and broccoli, the bread and butter, their fabulous seafood soup, and a glass of wine, $17. He said it was perfect. No room for dessert, but they had lots to choose from. Got our check and was out of there by 6:20 p.m. Couldn't ask for a better meal and certainly cant complain about the service or price. Wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerhiking1013Dined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the wine as excellent (served at no charge with the meal). Our waiter was outstanding. This was out first time here although we eat at the Main Street Station a few times a month. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Whenever is Las Vegas. Have to come to Pasta Pirate. It's the best! Worth every penny. We have been coming here now for a few years and never a disappointment. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service Great FoodSeafoodJunkiDined on 6/25/2014The service was great. Never was my glass or my friends glasses ever empty. The food was really good but it wasn't hot, more like luke warm. But it still tasted great. My Filet was a little more well than I liked. I wanted medium well. There was plenty of food for the price and none of walked away hungry. Thank goodness that we had reservations at 5:30pm or we wouldn't have been able to get in to eat until around 8:30pm. Overrall I would recommend to every one, the service out weighed the warm food and could have only been a fluke thing since there was a party of 20 being served next to us. We didn't feel crowded, there was plenty of room at our tables for our birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good. Will return.patriarch5Dined on 6/22/2014I have been there many times and it's still one of my favorite places. We had a party of 6 this time and everyone really enjoyed the meal & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entresfd4thawtDined on 6/21/2014Shrimp scampi was excellent. My wife's rib eye steak was not to her liking. The cut and taste was more favorable on a previous occasion. I love my German wines. There should be a better wine list for this selection. Overall, we'll be back to try your other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep going back!JenJenVIPDined on 6/21/2014cold,crisp greens. perfectly grilled salmon. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceFavoriteDined on 6/15/2014Pasta Pirate is a favorite of ours. The food is consistently good. Great value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysJenJenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food, attentive service, excellent valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- VickilocalnightoutDined on 6/7/2014When we arrived we were immediately seated. We were given water and bread. It did take some time for our server to get to us. There was a large group they were waiting on as well as at least 3 other tables. Once we were waited on we could not be more pleased with the service. Very polite and attentive to what we wanted. Restaurant was clean and inviting. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menunu2LVDined on 6/7/2014You know those restaurants that has a limited menu but one that contains all your favorites? Neither dd I until I visited the Pasta Pirates @ 12 Ogden St. downtown Las Vegas. Both the appetizer and the entrees menu contained all my favorites. I thought I would have to order one of each but my better sense limited it. My wife had the Mixed Seafood mixed in Lemon Basil with Linguine while I had the restaurants signature dish of Fillet and Lobster. These dishes with a starter of Calamari Fritta were excellent. The hotel is on the corner and parking costs $5 but is reimbursed at the cashiers cage with receipts for parking and the restaurant recommended but be prepared for an old fashioned Italian decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Away to long!ron4342Dined on 5/30/2014We had eaten at Pasta Pirate when it just opened. We had gotten away from our visits. I am sure we will once more put it back on the list.Special Features:
- CullyCullyDined on 5/28/2014I ordered the Filet Mignon/Lobster Tail combo, which was very good. The seafood soup that came with the meal was not to my taste at all. Rice came with the entrée & that was "gummy". The carrot cake was very good, but I think $7 for a slice of it is rather high, regardless of the six layers in each slice.
- PattiDined on 5/24/2014Food is good. Service is excellent. Prices are good, need to go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DinearoundDined on 5/23/2014For a restaurant inside of a casino this restaurant is a hidden gem! My husband and I spent a week in Las Vegas - stumbled on the restaurant the first time then, made a special trip when we went the second time. We had fish and pasta dishes both times we were there and didn't have a thing we would not re-order another time.Special Features:
- quaintOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014A nice quaint little restaurant, menu was small, but great choices.. Loved the free wineSpecial Features:
- My Fav!JenJenVIPDined on 5/17/2014I love this place! Great food! Great service! I always leave there completely satisfied with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned for the "nth" time!goodtoeatDined on 5/14/2014We have made it a point to return to the Pasta Pirate during our annual visit to Las Vegas for the last 15 years! Great value and great food. Would recommend it without hesitation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST KEPT SECRET DOWNTOWNrootsdiggerDined on 5/11/2014This is the best kept secret downtown. You can never find such a great value anywhere. The topper is a glass of wine is included. The Italian Seafood Soup is exceptional. I've been going there for years with many more years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to place!JenJenVIPDined on 5/10/2014Need a place to relax and unwind? This is the place. Excellent food. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure - Funny NameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Tucked away in the California Hotel in historic Downtown Vegas by Fremont Street, This was a great dining experience. The Food Was Excellent, especially for the price. They kept the menu simple, featuring Seafood & Pasta. I had the Filet & Petite Lobster tail, which was only $20 and included wine, soup or salad. Can't beat the prices on this menu. Service was Good. They were obviously very busy, including a couple of large parties, so the service was a little slower than I would of liked, but the staff was very pleasant. The ambiance of the Dining Area was simple wood & industrial appearance with neon signs inside (consistent with the "Pasta Pirate" name). I would recommend this to friends and family. The dress was casual and up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Pasta Pirate reviews archive.
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Great steak and lobster for a decent price. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSmallNT1Dined on 4/18/2014Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Good food and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014We always make sure to dine at the Pasta Pirate. We always ask for Beatrice table. She is full of energy and fun.Special Features:
- Hidden spot off FremontLexi928Dined on 4/9/2014One blk off Fremont is an interesting place. Good value for what they serve. All dishes come with a sweet white wine or a red. Steak and lobster was good as well as escargot which was unexpected. Cioppino was just okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakMushroomqueenDined on 4/6/2014Delicious New York steaks with the trimmings at a great price. Risotto that tasted a bit more like Mac & cheese was the only reason I gave the food 4 stars. Be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great deal on filet mignonluckylivehiDined on 4/5/2014Great deal on filet mignon & lobster tail for $20. Includes glass of wine, freshly baked bread, soup or salad. Steak is always done to perfection. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite!JenJenVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great food and great food. You will be welcomed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMotley2Dined on 3/15/2014This place is awesome..you get so much for your money...steak, prawns,potato,veg,salad,glass of wine and warm loaf of bread for 18$..good stuffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodRTPopsDined on 3/15/2014What we liked was the open kitchen so you could see the chef cooking the food. It shows theat they make everything to order. My wife enjoyed her Alfredo and I enjoyed the ziti and meatballs. The bread with garlic butter was also delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food our Filet MignonsxmasbabeDined on 2/27/2014Excellent Food our Filet Mignons were cooked just the way,we ordered them.Service was superb, atmosphere was very nice. I loved the the fact that they keep their reservations right on trackSpecial Features:
- On this visit I ordered theZ2870VIPDined on 2/21/2014On this visit I ordered the Rib Eye steak. It was okay, but there was a lot of fat to it. Other than that, it was a good steak. My spouse had the fish and stated that it was excellent. We have dined here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. I would recommend the lobster and filet dish as this has always been excellent. Service is generally good, but this time it was a little off. I believe this was a new waiter. Restaurant is small so definitely make reservations.Special Features:
- best kept secretrootsdiggerDined on 2/21/2014Pasta Pirate is the best kept secret downtown. Where else can you get a delicious seafood soup (or salad), filet mignon with grilled shrimp, baked potato, fresh veggies and a glass of wine for a total of $18?? I come here often and always take my out of town company here for dinner. Great placeSpecial Features: