234 East Main Street
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pastapasta.net/
- Phone: 6313315335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm Times change seasonally
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Sands
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Think of us for all your special occasions. Showers, Birthdays, Retirements, Holiday parties, Family get togethers. Any Occasion. Our party room holds up to 60 Guests. We also have a large selection of Party Platters and Hot Food for your home catering needs. Check our website or call us for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our rooms hold up to 60 guests. No Friday or Saturday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6313315335
- Special Events: We offer a three course $21.95 priced fixed lunch Mon - Sat and a three course $24.95 early price fixed Dinner Mon - Fri 4:30 to 6:00, Sat 4:30 - 5:30 and Sunday 2 - 5
A word from Pasta Pasta
Welcome to Pasta Pasta in the historic water town of Port Jefferson. Pasta Pasta in its 20th year in business has become one of the premier restaurants on the North Shore. More than just PASTA; executive Chef Steven Sands and his talented staff offer a diverse menu featuring chicken, steak the freshest fish available and of course our innovative pastas and pizza. Decorated in the casual and comfortable style of a Tuscan villa, the dining rooms boast light wood accents, vases filled with fresh flowers, candle-lit tables, antique mirrors, framed art prints and gracefully draped curtains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)romantic (44)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (13)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent food with nice private atmosphere. Service was very good and food served quickly.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014we have been coming to Pasta Pasta for many years now and have never been disappointed! we celebrate birthdays and anniversary's and sometimes just come for as "date night" - love Pasta PastaSpecial Features:
- GreatCandyDined on 10/25/2014We Have been to Pasta, Pasta many times and food and service always great from the front end of the house to the back of the houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellent restaurantP123VIPDined on 10/23/2014Pasta Pasta has always been our favorite restaurant. Consistently excellent food, wonderful atmosphere and a very attentive staff. Anthony always makes you feel welcome and special, and our favorite waitress Debbie is so friendly, professional and always takes good care of her customers. . The menu and food preparation are always delicious with a great presentation. Excellent pasta ,salad and seafood dishes. Nice selection of delicious appetizers. Pasta Pasta will continue to be our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodyDined on 10/18/2014Warm and cozy atmosphere made for enjoyable night out.Special Features:
- YummychippyDined on 10/13/2014Went for lunch and everything was delicious. We ordered the app with wasabi calamari, bacon shrimp and baked clams. The star by far was the calamari. Ummumm good. The pumpkin soup is very creamy and perfectly seasoned but very filling. The crab cake with portobello was delicious and comes with a nice side salad. Could have been a meal in and of itself. The veal scallopine was very tender and the sauce was perfect, not to salty or sweet. The fra diablo was good, pretty typical. The bbq cheddar burger my son had was huge. He said it was delish. The butternut squash ravioli was very good good. The combination of duck, cranberries and arugula was very nice. Glad I saved room for dessert bc the raspberry ice cream was fabo!
- Good Foodalexkate429VIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was very good. Nice cozy restaurant. We went for lunch and they didn't hurry us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly great foodCjteachDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is always good ever had a bad meal here. Quaint restaurant located in port Jeff. If you haven't tried it yet it is worth giving it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoydsgDined on 10/10/2014Have been coming to this restaurant for over 20 yrs and have always had an excellent meal, thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedBoydsgDined on 10/4/2014Staff was very courteous and food as always was outstanding. Great place for just you and that special person or if you are even group. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findblondeparrotheadDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was recommended by Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. We realized very soon that the place was filled with locals - a very good sign. We were greeted warmly and brought to our booth. My friend and I shared an appetizer - the Wasabi Calamari was delicious. They were crisp, not greasy. We then had the grilled salmon - perfect. Not overcooked and very moist. We also shared the Seafood Fra Diavolo - plenty of seafood with just the right amount of heat. The portions were very generous. We finished our meal with the most decadent dessert- it was cheesecake with chocolate mouse served with ice cream. Fantastic. Waitress was wonderful - I can highly recommend. Would definitely go back when I am in town again.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantCjteachDined on 9/28/2014Love this restaurant. Brought the kids though they just wanted plain pasta. So $26 for the 2 of them to eat a $1 box of pasta and 1 scoop of ice cream seems high. Will keep this an adult only dinning place since it is my favorite. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBRJ3Dined on 9/27/2014We had been long time fans of this restaurant. While the food remains excellent, our waitress was a major disappointment. We explained that we were vegetarian and ordered a vegetarian soup. We were served a soup that we did not order, which contained fish. There was was no apology, nor did she seem to care how the rest of our meal was. We all felt that our service was inattentive from start to finish. Avoid this restaurant on a Saturday night if you are looking for a good dining experience. I did contact the restaurant directly to give them my opinion, but never heard back from them. I guess they do not care either!Special Features:
- luvtoeat65Dined on 9/20/2014We have gone to Pasta Pasta many times for lunch and dinner. I would recommend it to any one. Absolutely lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time and good foodmissrose2Dined on 9/19/2014Food was great as well as the service. Enjoyed the experience very much! Would recommend to anyone who asked, thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJohnandAnnVIPDined on 9/19/2014A little disappointed this visit service was rushed. Basket of bread actually handed to my wife not placed on table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little PriceyImnocriticbutDined on 9/16/2014Everything was delicious...their bread is a treat. But, for the price you pay for an entree, I do think they should at least include a soup or salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!Loves2writeDined on 9/7/2014I love this restaurant! The food is always good, and so is the service! Nice prix fixe menu complete with appetizer, main course and dessert. Portions are satisfying and bread is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta - liciousRCNYVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pasta Pasta has been around a very long time and it's as good as ever. Manager Anthony is the perfect host and runs a well trained staff. The chefs are talented and accommodating of special requests. We dine here about once a month and always look forward to it. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentheycarolDined on 9/6/2014The place is aways a good place to go for lunch or dinner. The food was excellent. Nice wine list. A reservation a must especially on weekends. Would definitely recommend this resaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service was very good with several staff attending to the table. The pasta entree portions were large. Everyone went home with a goodie bag. And the best part: the pumpkin bisque was absolutely amazing. I will visit again just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Absolutely loved everything about PASTA PASTA! The food was amazing and beautiful decor! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Great food, great locationElidaDined on 8/26/2014We make a point to frequent this restaurant several times a year. The food is great, the service is terrific ( friendly & accommodating) and the location is perfect ( in the heart of Port Jefferson)!Special Features:
- Pasta PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Timing with appetizers was off. My dates app came out and mine came out 10 minutes later. Only complaint and the first time I have ever had this problem, I've been to Pasta Pasta more times than I can count and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family celebrationLIguest1Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was great to accommodate our party of 3 last minute for a great birthday party. The service was great and our food was delicious. Our desert was very special. All our special requests were granted. We liked our booth table a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable DiningSteakAficionadoDined on 8/21/2014While the menu never changes and the wine list is equally constant (no liquor license), one can enjoy a very satisfying dining experience at Pasta Pasta. Having selected every menu option of interest over the years, including the ever changing seasonal specials, I personally suggest sticking with the restaurants namesake. The restaurant is very quaint, but with limited preferred seating (half of the restaurant is stuck behind a wall with no windows and little ambiance. Think of Pasta Pasta as comfort food and a comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Good Italian resturant!Italianfood4evrDined on 8/20/2014This resturabts good is great! The only complaint I have is that the portions are huge. But you can take them home too. The resturant is set up beautifully and has a great menu. Sidenote though parking even on a Wenesday night was horrendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay for the Chocolate BagSteakAficionadoDined on 8/20/2014The pasta is very good, although the menu doesn't change often. The seasonal daily specials make up for the ever constant menu. Stick with pasta as the name suggests and you will not be disappointed. Venturing into steak and fish categories may leave you wishing you went elsewhere. Pasta Pasta is more of a fun local hangout than a restaurant taking itself too seriously. You haven't been to Pasta Pasta unless you've tried the dessert called chocolate bag. Like its name suggests, it is dark chocolate in the shape of a small paper bag filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My Number OneCatTDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have been savoring the ambience and the exquisite fare of Pasta Pasta for more than 20 years. The setting is romantic elegance, and the waitstaff is friendly, attentive and efficient. The food is always phenomenal, from the unique and eclectic appetizers to the richly sumptuous entrees to the decadent desserts, all plated beautifully. No matter how many restaurants we have tried and enjoyed over the years, Pasta Pasta has consistently remained my all-time favorite and my number one choice. I highly recommend Pasta Pasta to everyone I know who is looking for a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- Back again!mordylanDined on 8/16/2014Ate here a few times and never disappointed the menu and chef are great...The servers are wonderful too....Special Features:
- VERY DISAPOINTEDLOVEGOODFOODDined on 8/9/2014I MADE THE RESERVATION AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE I REQUESTED A SIDE TABLE BY THE WINDOW FOR OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY, NEVER GOT THAT TABLE, BUT THEY NEVER EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED OUR ANNIVERSARY. MY WIFE'S DINNER WASN'T BAD. I ORDERED THE CRISPY RAVIOLI PARMESAN. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. THEY WEREN'T CRISPY, THEY WERE ROCK HARD THROUGH. NOT TO CAUSE A SCENE ON OUR SPECIAL DINNER I DIDN'T EVEN SEND IT BACK. I JUST WANTED TO LEAVE. THE WAITRESS CAME BY (YVONNE) TWICE, AN WAS IN PERSONABLE. SHE PUT THE MENUS ON THE TABLE AND NEVER EVEN READ OR SAID THE NIGHT'S SPECIALS. FINALLY THE WAITRESS CAME BY, DROPPED THE DESERT MENUS ON THE TABLE SAYING, JUST IN CASE THERE IS ROOM, AND KEPT WALKING. IT WAS NOT A NICE DINNING EXPERIENCE.
- Double tippingGagaDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great as the restaurant's food, menu choices to fit all kinds of tastes and service were excellent. Beside trying to find a place to park on a weekend, the other concern is the possibility of "double tipping" as no one tells you that the tip is already on the bill for our table of SIX. I thought tips were put on for tables of EIGHT or more. Of course, the waitress does not tell you that the tip is already on the bill and no one in our party saw any note on the menu saying this! Maybe we missed it? So make sure you look your check over very carefully if you have a few people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerSteve4Dined on 8/6/2014Love this Restaurant. We came by boat and were not dissapointed. Also, we were surprised at the 3 course price fix menu at 27.95. It was a great deal. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbieBarbieDined on 8/5/2014The food was delicious. Our wait staff was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this wonderful place.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Our dining experience was excellent the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience overallbobbyDined on 8/1/2014we were pressed for time and our server made sure we received prompt service. this did not compromise the quality of the food or the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantBillDined on 7/28/2014We have been going to Pasta Pasta for more than 20 years and it still remains our favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- love itFrankDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to come to, for any occasion. Been here twice and the food is spectacular, good wines, service was good too. Pretty busy on a Saturday night but well, well with it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PORT JEFFERSON STARluv2eatoutDined on 7/25/2014We've have been their many times and were never disappointed. From the wonderful appetizers to dinner to desserts always a treat. Try just once and you will be hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeArcctDined on 7/23/2014Consistently good food and great service, in a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.