234 East Main Street
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pastapasta.net/
- Phone: (631) 331-5335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm Times change seasonally
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Sands
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Think of us for all your special occasions. Showers, Birthdays, Retirements, Holiday parties, Family get togethers. Any Occasion. Our party room holds up to 60 Guests. We also have a large selection of Party Platters and Hot Food for your home catering needs. Check our website or call us for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our rooms hold up to 60 guests. No Friday or Saturday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6313315335
- Special Events: We offer a three course $21.95 priced fixed lunch Mon - Sat and a three course $24.95 early price fixed Dinner Mon - Fri 4:30 to 6:00, Sat 4:30 - 5:30 and Sunday 2 - 5
A word from Pasta Pasta
Welcome to Pasta Pasta in the historic water town of Port Jefferson. Pasta Pasta in its 20th year in business has become one of the premier restaurants on the North Shore. More than just PASTA; executive Chef Steven Sands and his talented staff offer a diverse menu featuring chicken, steak the freshest fish available and of course our innovative pastas and pizza. Decorated in the casual and comfortable style of a Tuscan villa, the dining rooms boast light wood accents, vases filled with fresh flowers, candle-lit tables, antique mirrors, framed art prints and gracefully draped curtains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pasta Pasta - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Pasta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)romantic (52)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (49)good for groups (24)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We Took the BoatBobbioDined on 11/12/2014We regularly meet friends in Port Jefferson and take the ferry over from Connecticut. Went back to Pasta Pasta this time and glad we did. Great food and ambiance. Very attentive staff and more than quiet on a Wednesday night - although it was reasonably full of patrons enjoying the experience and the food. We'll be back - that's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBarbaraTVIPDined on 11/10/2014I hadn't been to Pasta Pasta in quite some time, but now I've got to put it back on my must list again. 3 of us had the LI Restaurant Week dinner specials and they were all great. My butternut squash soup was especially delicious; I could have made a meal out of this alone! The main courses were so huge that 2 of us take home doggie bags for next night's supper. Our waiter was most helpful and kept going to the kitchen to make sure our requests were honored (2 of our party had different food allergies). All in all, I will return to Pasta Pasta sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant WeekPGlynnDined on 11/9/2014Went here for restaurant week, Been there before and loved it. The Wasabi Calamari is a must have. Had to try the None traditional items not usually available, AKA German style pork cutlet. Very good.Special Features:
- Come on, now.TasteBudsDined on 11/9/2014Went for our daughter's birthday, which conveniently falls every year in or around Restaurant Week; otherwise we would not have been there for full price dining. Waitress was pleasant but gave me the wrong entree, so others' food got cold or they went ahead and ate without me. Bus boy was attentive with water but not in clearing plates; waitress ended up having to do it. Overall sense of being rushed through the system--no time between appetizer, entree and dessert to digest and talk. I would look for a different "ritzy"/high priced restaurant during the seven days of grace next year, since this one has two levels of service from what I've seen from prior visits: full price and not.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining at Pasta PastaluvpastaDined on 11/9/2014The meal was excellent, especially dessert! Wine was really tasty too!! It was a great atmosphere to celebrate both my daughter's and my birthdays. It was a really pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingZenaDined on 11/8/2014Very flavorful food, outstanding service and even though there was a considerable wait for our reservation, it was well worth it. The staff was very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!NonaPopaDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant is always a wonderful spot to visit with friends, feel pampered and enjoy a wonderful meal. All of our dietary challenges were met graciously. Lovely, professional server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningjackscriticDined on 11/8/2014Great food, great service. Loved the new spicy calamari. Always love the garlic bread.Special Features:
- As usual we were not disappointedCrickspicksDined on 11/7/2014Went for Restaurant Week. They were busy but no wait to be seated and not a long wait time for dinner to b served. Had tuna on tortilla app, seafood fra diablo, and choc brownie with black raspberry ice cream. They're individual lunch pizzas are good too. Quaint little restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumlovegoodfoodDined on 11/6/2014Pasta pasta has the best bread I've ever had. I want to learn how to make the sauce!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lakableDined on 11/5/2014Always a great Time and meal, we have never been there and not felt that the service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th wedding anniversary!luv2dineDined on 11/5/2014Celebrated our 50th at Pasta, Pasta with our family. First time there and won't be last. The staff came out with champagne for our toast. Nice touch. The food was delicious. The staff was outstanding, friendly and knowledge about the menu and wine selection. Can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/30/2014In a village full of restaurants, Pasta Pasta is second to none! The chef and staff are on top of their game. We started with the scallops appetizer - seared to perfection, light and flavorful. The entrees were great, notably the Veal Chop Parm - succulent, and truly delightful. Our server, Anthony, was professional, friendly, and genuine. Great food combined with great service made this evening both memorable and enjoyable. My boyfriend and I look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rgc777Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent food with nice private atmosphere. Service was very good and food served quickly.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014we have been coming to Pasta Pasta for many years now and have never been disappointed! we celebrate birthdays and anniversary's and sometimes just come for as "date night" - love Pasta PastaSpecial Features:
- GreatCandyDined on 10/25/2014We Have been to Pasta, Pasta many times and food and service always great from the front end of the house to the back of the houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellent restaurantP123VIPDined on 10/23/2014Pasta Pasta has always been our favorite restaurant. Consistently excellent food, wonderful atmosphere and a very attentive staff. Anthony always makes you feel welcome and special, and our favorite waitress Debbie is so friendly, professional and always takes good care of her customers. . The menu and food preparation are always delicious with a great presentation. Excellent pasta ,salad and seafood dishes. Nice selection of delicious appetizers. Pasta Pasta will continue to be our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodyDined on 10/18/2014Warm and cozy atmosphere made for enjoyable night out.Special Features:
- YummychippyDined on 10/13/2014Went for lunch and everything was delicious. We ordered the app with wasabi calamari, bacon shrimp and baked clams. The star by far was the calamari. Ummumm good. The pumpkin soup is very creamy and perfectly seasoned but very filling. The crab cake with portobello was delicious and comes with a nice side salad. Could have been a meal in and of itself. The veal scallopine was very tender and the sauce was perfect, not to salty or sweet. The fra diablo was good, pretty typical. The bbq cheddar burger my son had was huge. He said it was delish. The butternut squash ravioli was very good good. The combination of duck, cranberries and arugula was very nice. Glad I saved room for dessert bc the raspberry ice cream was fabo!
- Good Foodalexkate429VIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was very good. Nice cozy restaurant. We went for lunch and they didn't hurry us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly great foodCjteachDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is always good ever had a bad meal here. Quaint restaurant located in port Jeff. If you haven't tried it yet it is worth giving it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoydsgDined on 10/10/2014Have been coming to this restaurant for over 20 yrs and have always had an excellent meal, thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedBoydsgDined on 10/4/2014Staff was very courteous and food as always was outstanding. Great place for just you and that special person or if you are even group. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findblondeparrotheadDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was recommended by Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. We realized very soon that the place was filled with locals - a very good sign. We were greeted warmly and brought to our booth. My friend and I shared an appetizer - the Wasabi Calamari was delicious. They were crisp, not greasy. We then had the grilled salmon - perfect. Not overcooked and very moist. We also shared the Seafood Fra Diavolo - plenty of seafood with just the right amount of heat. The portions were very generous. We finished our meal with the most decadent dessert- it was cheesecake with chocolate mouse served with ice cream. Fantastic. Waitress was wonderful - I can highly recommend. Would definitely go back when I am in town again.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantCjteachDined on 9/28/2014Love this restaurant. Brought the kids though they just wanted plain pasta. So $26 for the 2 of them to eat a $1 box of pasta and 1 scoop of ice cream seems high. Will keep this an adult only dinning place since it is my favorite. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBRJ3Dined on 9/27/2014We had been long time fans of this restaurant. While the food remains excellent, our waitress was a major disappointment. We explained that we were vegetarian and ordered a vegetarian soup. We were served a soup that we did not order, which contained fish. There was was no apology, nor did she seem to care how the rest of our meal was. We all felt that our service was inattentive from start to finish. Avoid this restaurant on a Saturday night if you are looking for a good dining experience. I did contact the restaurant directly to give them my opinion, but never heard back from them. I guess they do not care either!Special Features:
- luvtoeat65Dined on 9/20/2014We have gone to Pasta Pasta many times for lunch and dinner. I would recommend it to any one. Absolutely lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time and good foodmissrose2Dined on 9/19/2014Food was great as well as the service. Enjoyed the experience very much! Would recommend to anyone who asked, thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJohnandAnnVIPDined on 9/19/2014A little disappointed this visit service was rushed. Basket of bread actually handed to my wife not placed on table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little PriceyImnocriticbutDined on 9/16/2014Everything was delicious...their bread is a treat. But, for the price you pay for an entree, I do think they should at least include a soup or salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!Loves2writeDined on 9/7/2014I love this restaurant! The food is always good, and so is the service! Nice prix fixe menu complete with appetizer, main course and dessert. Portions are satisfying and bread is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta - liciousRCNYVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pasta Pasta has been around a very long time and it's as good as ever. Manager Anthony is the perfect host and runs a well trained staff. The chefs are talented and accommodating of special requests. We dine here about once a month and always look forward to it. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentheycarolDined on 9/6/2014The place is aways a good place to go for lunch or dinner. The food was excellent. Nice wine list. A reservation a must especially on weekends. Would definitely recommend this resaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service was very good with several staff attending to the table. The pasta entree portions were large. Everyone went home with a goodie bag. And the best part: the pumpkin bisque was absolutely amazing. I will visit again just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Absolutely loved everything about PASTA PASTA! The food was amazing and beautiful decor! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Great food, great locationElidaDined on 8/26/2014We make a point to frequent this restaurant several times a year. The food is great, the service is terrific ( friendly & accommodating) and the location is perfect ( in the heart of Port Jefferson)!Special Features:
- Pasta PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Timing with appetizers was off. My dates app came out and mine came out 10 minutes later. Only complaint and the first time I have ever had this problem, I've been to Pasta Pasta more times than I can count and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family celebrationLIguest1Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was great to accommodate our party of 3 last minute for a great birthday party. The service was great and our food was delicious. Our desert was very special. All our special requests were granted. We liked our booth table a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable DiningSteakAficionadoDined on 8/21/2014While the menu never changes and the wine list is equally constant (no liquor license), one can enjoy a very satisfying dining experience at Pasta Pasta. Having selected every menu option of interest over the years, including the ever changing seasonal specials, I personally suggest sticking with the restaurants namesake. The restaurant is very quaint, but with limited preferred seating (half of the restaurant is stuck behind a wall with no windows and little ambiance. Think of Pasta Pasta as comfort food and a comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Good Italian resturant!Italianfood4evrDined on 8/20/2014This resturabts good is great! The only complaint I have is that the portions are huge. But you can take them home too. The resturant is set up beautifully and has a great menu. Sidenote though parking even on a Wenesday night was horrendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.